Home | Community | Message Board

Shroom Supply
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Spirituality & Mysticism

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinezzripz
Stranger

Loc: Manchester, UK
oppression, cages and addiction
    #22888174 - 02/10/16 05:48 PM (5 years, 20 days ago)

saw a documentary today. An English rapper called Professor Green went to to see what homelessness was like in the city where I live and in London. What he found were people sleeping on the cold, wet filthy streets in sleeping bags, plastic bags, most are on drugs, including legal highs especially 'spice'. But it was told that really 'homeless' is being measured by this mean evil system to mean 'sleeping rough' and those who are in hostels, sofa surfing, or sat upright begging are not counted, but there are many many thousands

Some ex homeless support workers showed Green where some homeless 'live' and was taked to these horrifically desolate places under shopping centre carparks near busy roads, and bridges. Really hellish places, but they could see people had tried to create a little bit of home by putting treasured objects in their space. yet like he said in reality they were totally excluded by civilization, and extremely damaged psychologically. The brutal reality of homelessness plus the psychic damage caused them to wanna escape with drugs (including booze) because this reality they are having to live is too painful to face

He met this tall good looking black guy in London. He had a job and was homeless! he was having to sleep on sofas, and peoples floors, and not see his two kids. two bedroom flats on London are on average £400 per week, and that is way over what he earns in a month, If he wanted a council flat or house it can be years the waiting list is so long

All of this reminded me of this info I heard from watching a youtube video featuring Dr. Gabor Maté who said that the accepted notion of 'addiction' was wrong. Previously it was belived to be genetically-cased, but doing animal tests (actually you dont have to torture and kill animals to do this as it is really the bleeding obvious except to the soul-dead mind)with rats they found a different story. They put a rat in a cage and gave it a choice between food or cocaine. It chose the latter even though the coke killed it! However, when the rat was released from the CAGE and put in a 'rat park' where it could have fun, friends, rat sex, it chose food and lived! And from this they see that the reason people choose addictions is because they feel in a cage

we are in a cage of oppression, and many of us are choosing various habits to cope with the misery. people at the extreme, the homeless often die very young not only from the cold and lack of food etc but from the drugs

what a vile shtty world this is!

For the rest of us who feel relatively alright yet this hell is there waiting. ANYONE can get in debt, and face hard times and when you do you get as much mercy as those on the streets are getting

Ironically later in the day I watched a documentary about this English guy who has motor neuron disease and wants assisted suicide, but will have to travel to Switzerland to get it. They had this debate about it here in UK amd you heard this hypocritical voice of this woman stating how this country cared for the vulnerable. Like err yeahh sure bitch. How typical they would turn away from the youth (etc) living the hells of homlessness and all the trauma they've been through yet strongly seek to keep older people alive who WANT to die!

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleLeviticus969
Male User Gallery

Re: oppression, cages and addiction [Re: zzripz]
    #22889682 - 02/10/16 10:41 PM (5 years, 20 days ago)

Many don't see it but the United States and probably places all over the world is one big prison. A prison where we have to conform to the mark of the beast in order to survive. Sure there are prisons and jails for the totally fucked but think about all the people outside in society who are just as trapped. They are a slave to the system and in a sense, locked up in a cage. Like a rat in a cage. Society is just a more lenient extension of said jails/prisons and to make people believe they're free but nobody is free. Satan rules this earth where God has banished him to. Your mind and body belong to the state.

Take a look around you and you'll see it's the same stupid shit everywhere. McDonalds, Walmarts, Targets, Denny's, Subaru, Honda, useless auto mechanics, overpriced everything...etc. Everyone doing the same stupid pointless shit all to be distracted from our true purpose in life. I can't even stand watching tv... It's mostly trying to brainwash you to buy into all that stupid crap.

In a sense we are no different than the animals we put in a farm just waiting to be slaughtered. Our souls slowly drained until there's nothing left and then they butcher us.

Offlinezzripz
Stranger

Loc: Manchester, UK
Re: oppression, cages and addiction [Re: Leviticus969]
    #22891114 - 02/11/16 10:39 AM (5 years, 20 days ago)

Of course 'cages' do not necessarily mean being without money. I saw this really moving film about the life and death of the singer Amy Winehouse a short while back. She had a great soulful voice and was full of life. In the film you hear her say how if she gets very famous she'll go fkin mad. And it HAPPENED!! there is one scene that just stays with me. it is when she has made it big and there is the paparazi constantly snapping cameras at her, and it is crazy-- a zillion flashing lights a second--as you see her just trying to go to her home, and she looks terrified. So small with this massive hairdo they got her wearing for her IMAGE. BOYYY was she in a fkin cage and yet she had millions. So even fame and fortune dont mean you aint gonna be in a cage

Edited by zzripz (02/11/16 10:41 AM)

InvisibleIcelander
The Minstrel in the Gallery
Male

Loc: underbelly
    #22891339 - 02/11/16 12:43 PM (5 years, 19 days ago)

I know you have me on ignore but I often agree with what you have to say. This is one of them. :thumbup:

--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

InvisibleIcelander
The Minstrel in the Gallery
Male

Loc: underbelly
    #22891354 - 02/11/16 12:48 PM (5 years, 19 days ago)

Quote:

zzripz said:
Of course 'cages' do not necessarily mean being without money. I saw this really moving film about the life and death of the singer Amy Winehouse a short while back. She had a great soulful voice and was full of life. In the film you hear her say how if she gets very famous she'll go fkin mad. And it HAPPENED!! there is one scene that just stays with me. it is when she has made it big and there is the paparazi constantly snapping cameras at her, and it is crazy-- a zillion flashing lights a second--as you see her just trying to go to her home, and she looks terrified. So small with this massive hairdo they got her wearing for her IMAGE. BOYYY was she in a fkin cage and yet she had millions. So even fame and fortune dont mean you aint gonna be in a cage

I just watched that very vid.  Her problem was imo she was addicted to the approval of men, especially her dad who really just wanted to be part of the action and so let it all happen when he could have maybe stopped it. She could have walked out any time and just played those little jazz clubs she really wanted to but she didn't love herself.

If you want another wonderful vid of her check out the BBC sessions cd and dvd. On the dvd she she play way the fuck out in Dingle to about 80 people in a little church. It's absolutely beautiful. :thumbup:

--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

General Interest >> Spirituality & Mysticism