Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleCowb0yNeal00
Other

Re: Careers Focused on Hallucinogens [Re: Gr33nTree73]
    #22887527 - 02/10/16 12:34 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

Nice!! Good for her. I wouldnt doubt it! :smile:  i bet she laced some with LSd.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleGr33nTree73
 User Gallery

Loc: 585/843
Re: Careers Focused on Hallucinogens [Re: I Love Lucid]
    #22887541 - 02/10/16 12:38 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

Give a little get a little.  You might have to sacrifice your study of choice for others in order to build a name for yourself first.  Same is true for many career paths including my own.  I've used Linux machines for over 10 years now, I cannot stand windows.  However, my first 2 years of work have been spent on windows machines in order to build up some credibility.  I now have an opportunity coming up this summer as a jr. sysadmin for a company that works exclusively with Linux.

--------------------

InvisibleSLCxPunk
Stranger
    #22887573 - 02/10/16 12:53 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

Fuck dumbasses selling $5 sandwiches and burgers at festivals. RIIIIIIPPP OOOOOFFFF!

And OP man, I am sorry to tell you bro but what you wind up doing for a career isn't going to be what you like doing most likely. It's what is easiest and makes the most amount of money.

InvisibleI Love Lucid
Big Poppa
I'm a teapot User Gallery

#22887591 - 02/10/16 12:59 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

Honestly, you're probably right and I'm just being picky.

I want to have a job that I'm passionate about.

The only thing I'd be remotely interested in that's not hallucinogen-based would be some sort of outdoor job, but I can't think of lots of decent-paying careers that allow for this.

--------------------

OfflineSeriously_trippin
Cosmic Guru Ganesh
Male User Gallery

Re: Careers Focused on Hallucinogens [Re: SLCxPunk]
    #22887597 - 02/10/16 01:01 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

It's funny my first day of my history class my teacher was so candid. He said "I'm not going to lie passing this class won't help you get a job at all":lol:

--------------------
R.I.P
Zombi3, Blue Helix
Modest Mouse
Zappa
Slothie
That Kid With The face
ShLong
Le Canard
split_by_nine
& Big Worm Forever
Etched in the sands of time in the shroomery and ever so beloved and deeply missed by many :heart:

InvisibleSLCxPunk
Stranger
Re: Careers Focused on Hallucinogens [Re: I Love Lucid] * 1
    #22887598 - 02/10/16 01:01 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

If you live in an area where there are a lot of state parks why don't you be a park ranger? That's outdoors. Good luck getting into ANY professional field that has to do with psychedelics.

InvisibleGr33nTree73
 User Gallery

Loc: 585/843
    #22887606 - 02/10/16 01:05 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

I Love Lucid said:
The only thing I'd be remotely interested in that's not hallucinogen-based would be some sort of outdoor job, but I can't think of lots of decent-paying careers that allow for this.

DEC officers make a nice salary.

--------------------

OfflineMrSpadoodles
Law Abiding Citizen
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The Shroomery
    #22887609 - 02/10/16 01:06 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

DEA agent

--------------------
The meaning of life is just to be alive. It is so plain and so obvious and so simple. And yet, everybody rushes around in a great panic as if it were necessary to achieve something beyond themselves.
- Allan Watts

Looking for a P. Galindoi ATL#7 spore print/syringe. PM me to trade :pm:

InvisibleI Love Lucid
Big Poppa

Re: Careers Focused on Hallucinogens [Re: MrSpadoodles]
    #22887616 - 02/10/16 01:09 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

Fuck guys, I don't think I could live with myself if I was a cop.

If I could be a park ranger without being a cop, I'd be all over it.

--------------------

OfflineMrSpadoodles
Law Abiding Citizen
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Careers Focused on Hallucinogens [Re: I Love Lucid] * 1
    #22887622 - 02/10/16 01:09 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

dunno.. you asked for jobs that focus on drugs :shrug:

--------------------
The meaning of life is just to be alive. It is so plain and so obvious and so simple. And yet, everybody rushes around in a great panic as if it were necessary to achieve something beyond themselves.
- Allan Watts

OfflinePatlal
You ask too many questions
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ottawa Flag
    #22887639 - 02/10/16 01:14 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

I Love Lucid said:
Hey everyone.

I'm a freshman in college and I'm trying to figure out what the fuck I wanna do with my life. I am and have taken music, religion, philosophy, and psychology classes since I started last semester and I am starting to realize that none of these are my main interest, but peripheral interests. My primary interest is hallucinogens.

I want to study, describe, and compare the qualitative aspects (the content and one's altered perspective under the influences) of various hallucinogenic experiences.

I'm not looking to do psychedelic therapy, harm reduction, etc.

Do any of you have any advice or ideas on what career options there are, or at least what I should study, in order to pursue this interest?

How about you don't commit your life to drugs?

--------------------

OfflineSeriously_trippin
Cosmic Guru Ganesh
Male User Gallery

#22887642 - 02/10/16 01:15 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

Yeah besides -"shaman" what else were you expecting?
Or drug dealer.

--------------------
R.I.P
Zombi3, Blue Helix
Modest Mouse
Zappa
Slothie
That Kid With The face
ShLong
Le Canard
split_by_nine
& Big Worm Forever
Etched in the sands of time in the shroomery and ever so beloved and deeply missed by many :heart:

Edited by Seriously_trippin (02/10/16 01:16 PM)

InvisibleSLCxPunk
Stranger
    #22887676 - 02/10/16 01:25 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

I Love Lucid said:
Fuck guys, I don't think I could live with myself if I was a cop.

If I could be a park ranger without being a cop, I'd be all over it.

Same here.

Sorry man. :frown:

InvisibleSLCxPunk
Stranger
Re: Careers Focused on Hallucinogens [Re: Patlal]
    #22887677 - 02/10/16 01:25 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Patlal said:
Quote:

I Love Lucid said:
Hey everyone.

I'm a freshman in college and I'm trying to figure out what the fuck I wanna do with my life. I am and have taken music, religion, philosophy, and psychology classes since I started last semester and I am starting to realize that none of these are my main interest, but peripheral interests. My primary interest is hallucinogens.

I want to study, describe, and compare the qualitative aspects (the content and one's altered perspective under the influences) of various hallucinogenic experiences.

I'm not looking to do psychedelic therapy, harm reduction, etc.

Do any of you have any advice or ideas on what career options there are, or at least what I should study, in order to pursue this interest?

How about you don't commit your life to drugs?

:getout:

OfflineMrSpadoodles
Law Abiding Citizen
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Careers Focused on Hallucinogens [Re: SLCxPunk]
    #22887683 - 02/10/16 01:27 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

you know.. I wouldn't mind becoming a shaman, actually. as long as all my bills are paid for :lol:

--------------------
- Allan Watts

InvisibleI Love Lucid
Big Poppa

Re: Careers Focused on Hallucinogens [Re: Patlal]
    #22887715 - 02/10/16 01:39 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

Psychedelics have changed my life and I find them extremely interesting. I see nothing wrong with trying to make a living exploring and sharing something I find highly beneficial and interesting :shrug:

I'd be happy as either a shaman or a psychedelic dealer, but neither is terrible viable in the long run.

--------------------

Offlinetopdog82
Death Spirit
Male User Gallery

Loc: California
Re: Careers Focused on Hallucinogens [Re: MrSpadoodles] * 1
    #22887743 - 02/10/16 01:48 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

I don't want to get all "when I was your age" on you...but here goes

I am a senoir in college. I am graduating a little late for my age. I spent time in community college figuring out what I wanted to do

I have a few tips
you aren't gonna wanna stick with psyches your whole life. I was obsessed with psyches freshman year. I spent a lot time being drugged up. But your interests switch. psyches are damn interesting but they are not something you can build a career or life out of. Or at least consistently. Maybe you don't see it this way, but what interests you now isn't going to interest you decades from now. Its the harsh truth. I was into weed as a freshman. It got old and now I hate it. you will change as you age. I switched my interests and major many times. But basing your entire life and paying 30k a year for four years for something that you are most likely going to lose interest in later in life is silly

focus on something profitable that you can build a career out of. Software, business, maybe econ, accouting. These are booming. Instead of mkaing a career out of your interest, make your career your interest

I hate software dev at first, but I learned to like it after 3 months. I would rather make 6 figures doing what I love; yoga, meditation, reading, doing psyches. But is that realistic? Fuck no. Step 1, is to get something thats profitable. Get your degree in something very employable and somewhat enjoyable in the long run.

then in your free time do what you enjoy. Reading, psyches etc. I enjoy the fuck out of yoga. But expecting yoga and other interests to pay the bills is silly. Who do you think is happier? Me who will earn 6 figures or a yoga instructor who barely making ends meet? trying being passionate with no water, food, and living in the cheap side of town getting robbed all day

Plus; imagine even if you got what you want. You literally just do psyches and talk and write about them everyday for YEARS. You would get sick of it pretty quick. I would get sick of yoga if I taught some dumbass how to do downward dog everyday multipl times a day for YEARS. it would lose its fun .theres more to life than yoga

So now I am in software dev which is interesting as hell. do I "love" it? Fuck no lol. But I enjoy my interests on my own time. This idea of making your passion your career is an american concept. I just disagree with it

My dad is a master salesmen. He enjoys it. But does he love it? Fuck no. He enjoys reading, and hiking and going on walks. How does one build a career out of going on walks, hiking and reading? It just is not going to work

tldr; look I know that feeling. You are passionate about psyches. I was too. But don't make the mistakes I made. Trying to make your passion your career is not going to work. You will change interests. I don't want to call you "naive" but you are 19. Every year as an adult, your interests, drives, and career expectations will dramatically change. Don't make the lifelong regret of paying 50-200k (depending on the college) for a degree that won't get you a job. Get a job first. Then use your spare time (weekends, mornings, evenings) on your interests

Invisibletealeaf
Just Touch It
 User Gallery

Re: Careers Focused on Hallucinogens [Re: topdog82]
    #22887753 - 02/10/16 01:52 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Sorry to break it to you.... but you will likely never find a paying job to take your psychedelics.

Ya sure about that?

Mycologist
Ethnobotanist
Anthropologist
Um Psychedelic Therapist Much?

also:
Use past drug experiences to get a 2 year Drug Counselor Degree

:tripmolecule::trippinbawelz::murray:

Obviously it's not required for the job but the potential is there. You really think Paul Stamets never ate a single psychedelic mushroom?:rolleyes:

--------------------
:dancingbear:

SonicTitan said:
"Id rail the same amount of come to crack"

https://soundcloud.com/matty_dread

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/ShrillGoldenChimpanzee-size_restricted.gif

Edited by tealeaf (02/10/16 01:59 PM)

OfflineMrSpadoodles
Law Abiding Citizen
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Careers Focused on Hallucinogens [Re: topdog82]
    #22887764 - 02/10/16 01:55 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

yep, good point. I'm studying to become a corporate lawyer so I already know I'll have to part with psychedelics (except for DMT) as soon as I start working because of the long schedules.. but hey, that way they won't lose their magic at least since I'll rarely be tripping once I'm a lawyer

--------------------
- Allan Watts

Offlinetopdog82
Death Spirit
Male User Gallery

Loc: California
    #22887769 - 02/10/16 01:57 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

MrSpadoodles said:
yep, good point. I'm studying to become a corporate lawyer so I already know I'll have to part with psychedelics (except for DMT) as soon as I start working because of the long schedules.. but hey, that way they won't lose their magic at least since I'll rarely be tripping once I'm a lawyer

ya that too. You can do prelaw or premed. But trying to build a long term profitable stable career from psyches is hard.

and before someone says "passion > everything bro", try and feed your hungry baby with passion. Or paying your cancer bills with passion and hugs. Money FIRST. You can't help people if you are hungry or broke. You cant pursue passions if you are broke or hungry

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom