Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1

Loc: Hawaii Flag
Hope this works!
    #2288213 - 01/30/04 10:55 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

I have one jar that has this un known contaminate in it. Its a very light brown color and has spreed to different spots on the mycilium but each indiidual spot hasn't really grown... other then the newly discovered ones. Its pretty odd. Also this contam doesn't smell. I cannot identify in the Contamination FAQ either.

Anyways since this is my first grow and im in the expiramental stage i decided to do this. Went into a walk in closet and sprayed 91 % alcohol in the air and on whatever was in there and let air dry. Got some gloves under the sink and sprayed those as well. So i took the cake out of its jar to get a closer look. Took some H202 and pored some on each brown spot. Some bubbling but very little. Put the cake back into the jar and sealed it. I also put tape over the wholes to make sure this contam has no chance to get airborn. Then i cleaned the outer part of the jar with my alcohol and put back into terrranium. Then sprayed the room once more with the alcohol.

Do i do this proccess right?

Penalties against drug use should not be more damaging to an individual than the use of the drug itself. Nowhere is this more clear than in the laws against the possession of marijuana and mushrooms in private for personal use.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Spelling Gestapo

Loc: Hooterville
Re: Hope this works! [Re: TheDrugStore]
    #2288523 - 01/31/04 12:47 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

TheDrugStore said:
Do i do this proccess right?

Not really.  The correct way is to walk fifteen paces to the East and chuck the jar into the neighbors trash.  :lol:

PS. When you open such a jar and take the cake out indoors, the contaminate is likely already airborn if it's sporulating.

Be careful with contams, especially if you don't know what they are.

oh, and good luck with that cake

I'm so ready to start growing. I've shroomed twice and loved it to no extent. --Mindgames

Old Timer
 User Gallery

Re: Hope this works! [Re: Ben_Stein]
    #2288533 - 01/31/04 12:52 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

yeah dude i think its fucked now.. only real good way to do it is a glovebox

Grumpy Old Man.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation