Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineTeKn0
†hè
Male User Gallery

Loc: ŵįţĥįń ? ?ŧąţĩ�...
Some weird findings....
    #2287854 - 01/30/04 06:21 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Well...
I have 2 similar KST3 clone casings, of which I placed into the fruiting chamber about 4 days ago, after day 3 I came to the conclusion that casing 2 needed to be incubated a little bit more, as not much mycelium was showing through, so I placed it back into the incubator at about 80-85?.
The next day, I check Casing one, to find many little pins starting to form :smile:

But here's the weird part, I go to check Casing #2 (which wasn't doing especially well at the time)
and find HUGE pins all over the place, I mean the pins were very big and they seemed to have grown allot healthier than casing 1, which had been in the fruiting chamber.

Now the casing with the least amount of growth and spawn is now doing better than casing 1, and the growth rate increased exponentially.
I believe this may be do to either the temp, or the lack of light, or maybe both.

I plan on doing a little bit of research regarding the ideal temp for certain strains of cubensis, as this seems quite odd to have a casing taken from a fruiting chamber, then placed back into the incubater, only to have it do much better than normal.

So... what is your take on any of this, anyone have any similar experiences, or know whats going on?
let me know...

--------------------
Listen, or your tongue will keep you deaf. :wink:
ŦēҜй? - ??ĜįĈ?? ҒűČҝĮńĜ ?đVǻŃčЄмЄńŦ

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineangryjslice
now with 20%more anger
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Some weird findings.... [Re: TeKn0]
    #2287959 - 01/30/04 07:02 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

check out this thread on temperature cycling...although you didnt cold shock did you? you might acheive even better results if you do.

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat...rt=all&vc=1

although it doesnt say anything about the health of the pins staying at that heat...

~JSlice~

--------------------

Edited by angryjslice (01/30/04 07:03 PM)

InvisibleYarry
Old Timer
 User Gallery

#2287960 - 01/30/04 07:03 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

not sure what to make of it. i would say it might be light because i thought that only vegetative growth (myc) occured in 86ish temps. and pins and stuff in the mid 70s. could be wrong, just posting my random musing on this topic

--------------------
Grumpy Old Man.

OfflineTeKn0
†hè
Male User Gallery

Loc: ŵįţĥįń ? ?ŧąţĩ�...
Re: Some weird findings.... [Re: Yarry]
    #2288066 - 01/30/04 08:06 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Thanks for the replies and the link (I actually remember reading that a little while ago).

Well, I covered casing 1 so no light would get through and left it in the fruiting chamber, just to see if things pick up like they did when casing 2 was put in the incubator.
Maybe the temp. fluctuations is the reason they grow so fast in nature, and why Azures won't easily mature indoors???
I think a little more experimenting with temp. fluctuations may produce some useful results.
I'll have some pics on Monday when I get my new digital camera :smile:

--------------------
Listen, or your tongue will keep you deaf. :wink:
ŦēҜй? - ??ĜįĈ?? ҒűČҝĮńĜ ?đVǻŃčЄмЄńŦ

OfflineGr0wer
always improving
Male

Loc: El Paso, TX
Trusted Cultivator
    #2288468 - 01/30/04 10:10 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Nice finding! reinventing the wheel isn't that bad if you find a new way to spin it! I think your method is much simpler and it sounds to work the same. His method is to cold shock, keep at 72 for 2 days and then to 80-86 then back to 72. This is simply is because in fact he did 2 methods. First he did the cold shock then the cool shock. When in fact, the cool shock effect seems to make the biggest response.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale