Home | Community | Message Board

Lil Shop Of Spores
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Culinary Arts, Gardening and Brewing

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlineenotake2
Stop Bush's war
 User Gallery

Loc: Comfy chair in my lounger...
Awesome vegetable korma curry, Yum :9
    #2287871 - 01/30/04 08:32 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Vegetable korma curry

1/3 cup korma paste
1 tablespoon mustard seeds
1/8 pumpkin
3 or 4 smallish potatoes
stick of brocolli
2 small-medium carrots
1/2 cup lentils
2 cups vegetable stock
1 cup cocconut milk
1 1/2 tablespoons dried corriander leaves

Cook paste and seeds in large heated dry frying pan until fragrant. Add pumpkin, lentils and stock, bring to boil; simmer, covered, 5 mins. Add brocolli and carrots; simmer, covered, 10 mins or until pumpkin and potato cooked. Add cocconut milk. Serve with rice. YUM YUM!

--------------------
Computer games don't affect kids. I mean if Pacman affected our generation as kids, we'd all be running around in a darkened room, munching pills and listening to repetitive electronic music.

"Being bitter and hateful is like drinking a vial of poison and hoping the other person gets sick" FreakQLibrium

"My motto from here on out is: If someone or something (including me) in my life is conducting themselves in such a way that they can be seen on Jerry Springer, it's time to take out the garbage!!! When you stop taking their behaviour personally and see their antics as a true reflection on their character, it becomes absolutely nauseating." Anon. on abusive relationships.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineLiquidSmoke
My title's cooler than yours DBK

Loc: S.A.G.G.Y.B.A.L.L.S.
Re: Awesome vegetable korma curry, Yum :9 [Re: enotake2]
    #2291801 - 02/01/04 03:30 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

I'll be honest with you. I was never a big fan of veggie curry just cuz it neveer seemed to supply the "kick" of regular curries which I love oh so very much.

BUt looking over yuore recipe gives me new hopes. This coconut milk addition seems interesting.

Would you happen to have a recipe for some good chicken tikka?

--------------------
"Shmokin' weed, Shmokin' wizz, doin' coke, drinkin' beers.  Drinkin' beers beers beers, rollin' fatties, smokin' blunts.  Who smokes tha blunts?  We smoke the blunts" - Jay and Silent Bob strike Back

Offlineenotake2
Stop Bush's war
 User Gallery

Loc: Comfy chair in my lounger...
Re: Awesome vegetable korma curry, Yum :9 [Re: LiquidSmoke]
    #2292988 - 02/02/04 02:19 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Hey Liquid. I am a BIG curry fan too! It is definately an awesome vege curry and worth a try if you like the curry. The coconut milk can be replaced with cream apparently too.

I have another recipe in the same recipe book for chicken tikka, though I can't vouch for how good it is because I am a vegetarian. Though most of the recipes I have tried from the cookbook are excellent so I will give you the recipe. There is also one for chicken tikka stir fry so let me know if you would like that one too.

2 tablespoons vegetable oil
9 (1kfg) chicken thigh fillets, halved
2 medium (300g) brown onions, sliced
3 cloves garlic, crushed
1/4 cup (60ml) Tikka paste
1 2/3 cups (410ml) coconut milk
2 tablespoons chopped fresh coriander leaves
2 tablespoons yogurt

Heat half the oil in a large saucepan, cook chicken, in baches until browned, remove from pan. Heat remaining oil in same pan; cook onion, garlic and paste, stirring until onion is soft. Return chicken to pan with coconut milk, coriander and yogurt. Simmer, covered, about 20 mins or until chicken is tender.

I guess you could replace legs for breast or whatever if you are like me when I was a carnivore and not much into the legs.

--------------------
Computer games don't affect kids. I mean if Pacman affected our generation as kids, we'd all be running around in a darkened room, munching pills and listening to repetitive electronic music.

"Being bitter and hateful is like drinking a vial of poison and hoping the other person gets sick" FreakQLibrium

"My motto from here on out is: If someone or something (including me) in my life is conducting themselves in such a way that they can be seen on Jerry Springer, it's time to take out the garbage!!! When you stop taking their behaviour personally and see their antics as a true reflection on their character, it becomes absolutely nauseating." Anon. on abusive relationships.

OfflineLiquidSmoke
My title's cooler than yours DBK

Loc: S.A.G.G.Y.B.A.L.L.S.
Re: Awesome vegetable korma curry, Yum :9 [Re: enotake2]
    #2292994 - 02/02/04 02:21 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

That sounds excellent.  I will definitely try it the next time I get the chance.

Works really well with white rice and/or garlic naans.

Thanks a bunch! :thumbup:

--------------------
"Shmokin' weed, Shmokin' wizz, doin' coke, drinkin' beers.  Drinkin' beers beers beers, rollin' fatties, smokin' blunts.  Who smokes tha blunts?  We smoke the blunts" - Jay and Silent Bob strike Back

Anonymous

Re: Awesome vegetable korma curry, Yum :9 [Re: LiquidSmoke]
    #2298772 - 02/03/04 10:02 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

My Ma made curried lentils the other day. I snorted it out my nose reading some thing funny.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Culinary Arts, Gardening and Brewing