Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleTheDrugStore

Loc: Hawaii Flag
This jar contaminated? Can it be fixed?!?!
    #2287648 - 01/30/04 04:44 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Im usiong the PF tek. I have one jar that is howing this cinamon brown color. Its a very light color. At first there was only a small spot...I watching it for a couple days and it didn't grow any larger.

Then yesterday i turned my jars upside down including this one. I just check it out right now and the spot has gone to 3 different places! Now every place it is is the same size as the original one spot i identified in the first place.

I checked out the Contam. FAQ and couldn't really find a picture of what this would look like.

Also ive been here how H2O2 is so under rated and how its does a miricle in killing contamination. Should i try using H2O2 to kill these brown spots? If so how would i do it. The jar is like 80% colonized..So would i acually birth the jar and spray this hydrogen preoxiode on it? OR would i inject the hydrogen into the jars trying to get the brown spots?

Also is this a bad contam?

Does anyone have any idea what i am talking about?

Thanks,
Drug  :crying:

--------------------
Penalties against drug use should not be more damaging to an individual than the use of the drug itself. Nowhere is this more clear than in the laws against the possession of marijuana and mushrooms in private for personal use.

Edited by TheDrugStore (01/30/04 06:19 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleBadEnglish
Chief Of Staff

Re: This jar contaminated? Can it be fixed?!?! [Re: TheDrugStore]
    #2287671 - 01/30/04 04:55 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

--------------------

InvisibleTheDrugStore

Re: This jar contaminated? Can it be fixed?!?! [Re: BadEnglish]
    #2287678 - 01/30/04 04:59 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

:confused:

--------------------
Penalties against drug use should not be more damaging to an individual than the use of the drug itself. Nowhere is this more clear than in the laws against the possession of marijuana and mushrooms in private for personal use.

Offlineamyloid
Stranger
Re: This jar contaminated? Can it be fixed?!?! [Re: BadEnglish]
    #2287730 - 01/30/04 05:30 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

i dont get it.

--------------------
"A human being is part of a whole, called by us the Universe, a part limited in time and space. He experiences himself, his thoughts and feelings, as something separated from the rest--a kind of optical delusion of his consciousness. This delusion is a kind of prison for us, restricting us to our personal desires and to affection for a few persons nearest us. Our task must be to free ourselves from this prison by widening our circles of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole of nature in its beauty."
-Al Einstein

InvisibleTheDrugStore

Re: This jar contaminated? Can it be fixed?!?! [Re: amyloid]
    #2287846 - 01/30/04 06:19 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

ANYONE???

--------------------

InvisibleYarry
Old Timer
 User Gallery

#2287855 - 01/30/04 06:23 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

i fixed a PF jar, not easy but possible and it depends on the amount of contams. anyways heres the process i used

Do all the following in a sterile environment, thats the most important thing. Glovebox if you have one. Lysol if you dont. Open up the lid and with a sterile spoon carefully dig into the cake and remove the contams. then fill in the hole with vermiculite, and only vermiculite. Put your lid back on. Make sure you do this as fast as possible, and keep the suspect jar away from others as it is still very possible for it to become contammed again.

It maybe works 30 percent of the time for me, but its worth a shot. good luck!

--------------------
Grumpy Old Man.

InvisibleTheDrugStore

Re: This jar contaminated? Can it be fixed?!?! [Re: Yarry]
    #2287861 - 01/30/04 06:27 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Do you think this is for sure contamination?

Some people asked me if it could have been pins... Which i dont think it is, but im a new grower so i dont know. I dont see anything growing out of it... Its just spreading... But not nessacaraly growing but spreading to totally different spots. These spots thay just appeared are not connected to the one that i first saw. As far as i can see on the outside of the jar...

HMMMM

--------------------

InvisibleYarry
Old Timer
 User Gallery

#2287865 - 01/30/04 06:28 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

its really hard to say. it does sound like pins but if its contams thats how id do it. without a pic tho we cant really say much

--------------------
Grumpy Old Man.

InvisibleTheDrugStore

#2287878 - 01/30/04 06:34 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

I wish i could get a picture so bad. I have a crappy digital camera but there is no way you would be able to see the contamination because its hard to see with the human eye. Its a extreamly light brown/rust color and almost blends into the mycilium.

--------------------

InvisibleYarry
Old Timer
 User Gallery

#2287898 - 01/30/04 06:40 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

how many jars? its more then likely pins

--------------------
Grumpy Old Man.

InvisibleTheDrugStore

#2287906 - 01/30/04 06:42 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Just one jar. The only unique thing about this jar is that it is much dryer then the others.

--------------------

Edited by TheDrugStore (01/30/04 06:43 PM)

OfflineBen_Stein
Spelling Gestapo

Loc: Hooterville
    #2288543 - 01/30/04 11:00 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

I'm thinkin' not pins.

Even as a noob, I knew when there was something to get excited about.
If TDS is trying to grow shrooms and he sees little shrooms in his jar, he is breakin' out the bubbly and throwin' a party... not dejectedly searching the contam forums for comfort.

Doesn't sound good, bud, but keep your eye on it, and soon you will have your answer.

--------------------
I'm so ready to start growing. I've shroomed twice and loved it to no extent. --Mindgames

InvisibleTheDrugStore

Re: This jar contaminated? Can it be fixed?!?! [Re: Ben_Stein]
    #2288794 - 01/31/04 01:03 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Well, I got some releif. I did some searches on different forums. I checked out this forum on mytopia and went threw a thread that shows a picture of the exact same thing i have. Same color and texture completly. Mine is just bigger. Anyways in responce to this picture the mytopia admin sais "bad water damage, possibly some bacteria, just cut it out." Here is the pic. Unforinatly its not from me because i have no digi came but this is the closest comparasin i got.

What do you guys think now?

--------------------

OfflineDSD
devil

Loc: Bad,Bad person - minus ...
    #2288882 - 01/31/04 01:40 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

throw it out ! if you put it in the chamber w/ all the other buddies and it has the funk it will fuck up everything ! trust me. it's only one jar - toss it.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds