Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

Loc: South Florida Flag
Re: having christianity questions [Re: jennyl]
    #2288443 - 01/30/04 09:57 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Greetings Jennyl ! -
I am a Jewish Christian, baptized in 1976 exactly four years to the day after my first LSD trip. After a serious period of spiritual experimentation, it was through psychedelics (Entheogens) that I decided to enter The Way. When a Christian takes a trip, it is a Christian trip. If one is truly indwelt by Truth, an Entheogenic Excursion will supply the Visions and Ecstasy that amounts to one profound prayer of Thanksgiving.

The Sacred Mushrooms are Sacramental in their effect, and can symbolize the Eucharist in the same way that Father Peyote serves the Native American Church. How to integrate this practice ritually and symbolically is the question since mainstream churches do not hold the keys of this Mystery. If anything, the Eleusinian Mystery Rite of Greek antiquity - Pagan though it was - held this key long before Jesus was born. It may well be the task of the spiritual pioneer to create his/her own synthesis of ritual and tradition. Consecrate the act of taking the Mushroom in the Names of the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit. Break fast after the Experience with a prayer, with Wine and Bread, then perhaps honey, cheese and fruit - a true Agape (Love Feast).

I have a framed copy of the German mystic Jacob Boehme's 'Christi Testamenta' in my Living Room. It is the 'avatar' below my name here. It is a symbolic representation of the Trinity with Mushrooms superimposed. It was drawn 400 years ago. There are much older artistic representations of Mushrooms with Biblical motifs, so some Christians clearly knew about the Entheogenic keys to deeper Mysteries of the Spirit. May you discover the Cave of the Heart - the Sacred Heart - the Compassion of GOD - and seek to dwell therein forever +++Shalom. Pax. Peace+++

--------------------
γνῶθι σαὐτόν - Gnothi Seauton - Know Thyself

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineFrog
Warrior
Female User Gallery

Loc: The Zero Point Field
Re: having christianity questions [Re: Shroomerious]
    #2288691 - 01/31/04 12:14 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Well, I would agree with you on that.

--------------------
The day will come when, after harnessing the ether, the winds, the tides, gravitation, we shall harness for God the energies of love. And, on that day, for the second time in the history of the world, man will have discovered fire.  -Teilard

Offlinejennyl
Stranger
    #2289228 - 01/31/04 07:02 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

i am 'nondenominational' which FROG was right we only believe what the bible says. and don't pray to/through Mary or a saint. we just believe that there is a God and Jesus. and i used to hate church because it was boring but at my church it is a learning place. sometimes i find it weird when they all shout out "thank you Jesus" or something but for the most part it is just to grow. i want to go on mission trips around the world helping people, teaching them about school and God, teach them but not force it on them. and the answer to JPODs question. i want to understand it all more, become 1 with God. and really find God. Thanks for all yalls input

Anonymous

#2289296 - 01/31/04 08:45 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

jennyl said:

Hi. I am a Christian and I am considering doing ?shrooms to have a spiritual experience and enlightenment. I was wondering if anyone could tell me if their relationship with God got better, did you decide to not ?believe? anymore?? Also I was wondering if, after you had done shrooms, did your personality change (after an ego-loss or before?) I have been reading about them for awhile but can only find out that your perspective changed somewhat.

Hello jennyl. I'll just add to the good comments above and say that the mushroom experience is neither necessary nor sufficient by itself for "a spiritual experience and enlightenment." Tripping is a very personal adventure. It can be frightening. Harmless in the end but none the less frightening. So, if you have doubts and are alone with respect to the possibilty of injesting mushrooms or any other mind manifesting substance, just take a pass. Wait, maybe for a better time and a peaceful place and a trusted someone with whom you can share the experience. 2 cents.

There are some audio files at this link that may answer some of your questions.

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat...ev=#Post2179446

homework is good :sun:

edit: I just want to add the phrase "breathtakingly beautiful" to my comments above about the mushroom adventure.  :wink:

Edited by 3rdPerson (01/31/04 12:34 PM)

Offlinespacemouse
?
Loc: Somewhere near you
    #2289376 - 01/31/04 09:45 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Jennyl, try this link
web page
In 1962, there was an experiment at Harvard with Christian Doctor of Divinity students that prove that your curiousity is very well placed.
Read the article at this link and I think you will add the sacred mushrooms to your spiritual practice...
I did :mushroom2:
Feel free to send me instant messages it you want to talk privately about this further :grin:

Offlinegnrm23
Carpal Tunnel
Loc: n. e. OH, USSA
    #2289425 - 01/31/04 10:32 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

from a particpiant in the marsh chapel trip:
www.csp.org/practices/entheogens/docs/young-good_friday.html
& from the guy who ran the experiment:
www.csp.org/chrestomathy/drugs_and.html
there are other writings here & there about the experiment (huston smith writes about it in his _cleansing the doors of perception_ & there was a follow-up interview done with most of the experment subjects done a couple/few decades later...
~
~

--------------------
old enough to know better
not old enough to care

OfflineNiamhNyx
I'm NOT a 'he'
Female User Gallery

#2289710 - 01/31/04 01:27 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

I'm not Christian myself but I do know Christians that partake in entheogens for spiritual purposes. I can't really comment on the christian entheogenic experience since I havn't had one, but it seems to connect beautifully for my friends. One thing mushrooms have reinforced for me is that all religions and spiritual paths are really just trying to explain and understand the same thing. You will most likely experience Christian symbolism in your mushroom experiences if that is your focus and the way you define the undefinable. When I first injested mushrooms I was badly seeking a spiritual experience: and I got one. I didn't know exactly what I was looking for I just knew I wanted to connect. At the time I was into Wicca so my experience was a oneness with a Goddess or female universal energy.

Basically, the symbols you understand are the symbols you will filter the experience through. Mushrooms are not inherently tied to any religion, they may offer a shifting of perception that will allow one to have a spiritual experience according to thier own ability and means.

If you decide to take mushrooms I wish you the experience you need, an experience that will help you with your seeking.

Invisiblejamm71
poodle faker

Loc: Newfoundland
    #2289932 - 01/31/04 03:44 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

...well, I doubt anyone ever had someone sit you down in pre-school or kindergarten and describe all the major religious beliefs in the world and then ask "So...see anything ya like?"

Of course not. We inherit our religious beliefs from our families. If your folks are Mormon, then you will be a Mormon. If they are Agnostic, you will be Agnostic...at least until you are old enough to figure things out on your own. So does this mean you've been brainwashed? In a respect, yes it does.

Now to respond to the original point of this thread...

jennyl,
I was raised Catholic. You wouldn't believe the things they fill your head with unless you've been there yourself. By the time I hit high school, I was so disgusted that I gave up on god and religion altogether.

When I met my mushroom ally, however, I had a complete renewal of faith because I was shown that I didn't need organized religion and its hollow dogma in order to have a relationship with the divine...I could , in fact, have a very direct and personal connection to god/dess without priestly intermediaries.

Has my personality changed? Well, I used to get major depressions and now I don't...so yeah, I guess so.

If you approach the experience with care and intent and *respect* you will not be disappointed. Good luck and many blessings :^)

--------------------
I am another yourself

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
Re: having christianity questions [Re: Frog]
    #2291014 - 02/01/04 01:40 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

"There are churches that are "nondenominational", meaning, they aren't Catholic, Protestant, Baptist, etc. There are no rules, or dogma, there are only the teachings of the Bible, and mostly those of Jesus."

I was not aware of that - Disregard my appearance in this thread :wink:

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

OfflineFrog
Warrior
Female User Gallery

Loc: The Zero Point Field
Re: having christianity questions [Re: Strumpling]
    #2291041 - 02/01/04 01:59 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Well, consider youself gone.

*poof*

--------------------
The day will come when, after harnessing the ether, the winds, the tides, gravitation, we shall harness for God the energies of love. And, on that day, for the second time in the history of the world, man will have discovered fire.  -Teilard

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies