Home | Community | Message Board

Marijuana Demystified
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Compare CBD   Amazon HEPA Filter, Magic Flight Launch Box, Perlite, Portable Greenhouse, Ultrasonic Humidifier, Vaporizer

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offline003
mr. getSome

Loc: Kanata
A question for all you Mini-greenhouse growers!
    #2287523 - 01/30/04 05:55 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

AFOAF just picked one up and is wondering if you guys have any special techniques to cover the bottom up? Is there anything you've found works well other than simply taping poly over it?

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineHighflyer
Lizard King
Re: A question for all you Mini-greenhouse growers! [Re: 003]
    #2287536 - 01/30/04 06:03 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

If the plastic covering the greenhouse reaches all the way to the floor, then you can just simply set it on top of a garbage bag. It will hold humidity fine this way. If the plastic doesnt quite make it to the ground there are 2 options. 1) Take the plastic off, and put it together tighter. If all the peices are not all of the way into the holes, then it will be a little too tall, not allowing the plastic to reach. 2} Set it on the garbage bag and tape the sides up.

Offlinedysdic
Re: A question for all you Mini-greenhouse growers! [Re: Highflyer]
    #2287866 - 01/30/04 08:28 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

if all your worried about is humidity , then couldnt you just put a vaporizer at the bottom of it. im sure that would keep the humidity up. i was thinking about doing the same thing with the mini greenhouse but didnt know if itd work.

Offline95rh
Stranger
Re: A question for all you Mini-greenhouse growers! [Re: dysdic]
    #2289087 - 01/31/04 06:16 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

foaf Been using one for a while 2 shelf version. run a hose from a cool mist to the top and the bottom is just open. here its on a timer 15 on 45 off rh stays at 80% and so far (3rd grow pinning now) have had 0 contams come in. there's also a hepa air cleaner going 24/7 in the room which I assume may have helped.

One thing I don't like bout this greenhouse is the plastic is kinda thin and its already starting to tear by the zipper (probably where some dumass tried to balance casings in one hand while unzipping with the other.)

DONT put the humidifier in the bottom run it in from the top and you'll have a mild positive pressure going on in there, least while the humidifier is on. Also most contams are within 1 foot of the floor so set it up on a table or something to get it off the floor. sealing the bottom is not necessary. I'd worry bout water buildup in the bottom more. a bit of perlite seems to have taken care of that though.

rh95

Invisibleutopianglory
Spunkmuffin
Re: A question for all you Mini-greenhouse growers! [Re: 003]
    #2289135 - 01/31/04 07:28 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Well I think you would have to remember that the top shelves are generally quite humid without any humidification as it is, I don't have one for mushroom growing so I didn't pay attention to any quantities, but it seemed very humid (and very hot) at the top when I stuck my head in. Though the one I am using may be larger. This type of knowledge may help you in organising your chamber.

Bit of a moronic decision raising sun loving plants in a shelving system that basically means that you can only use the top shelf for sunny plants though. I wish I had thought that one out a little better.:)

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Compare CBD   Amazon HEPA Filter, Magic Flight Launch Box, Perlite, Portable Greenhouse, Ultrasonic Humidifier, Vaporizer

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation