Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineB_Henry_Hastur
fifth and mostformidable
Loc: 91571482014
Findings after 4 months...
    #2286735 - 01/30/04 10:00 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Now that I'm coming up to my 4th usage of the PF tek (all fruited in the PMP), I can't convey how much  :heart:The Shroomery :heart: has helped me out: Keeping me knee-deep in fruits that are some of the tastiest specimens I've encountered,  ever!  (being very succesful with; Transkei, my personal favorite; Blue Meanies, the Ralphster's P.C. strain; Koh Samui Super Strain-THE and T3-Ralphsters; and Ralphster's South American)

With that out of the way, I'd like to share some observations to possibly help some others out :thumbup:

Speeding up the colonization process has to do with keeping the substrate as aerated as possible (best way I've found is to use medium-large grade vermiculite and to not pack it down, except for shaking to level-off before putting in the last .5-1" dry barrier) and keeping the temperatures consistently in the 80's.  Using more than 1cc worth of solution helps a great deal to speed things up, but it's not entirely neccesary (and it's quite wasteful, imo).
I've gotten colonization times down to 13 days using 3cc of solution (Blue Meanies) per jar, keeping the innoc. holes open (no tape and jars up-side-down), in 85? temperatures.  Time from innoc. to first fruits was 27 days (could have harvested sooner, but allowed to sporulate).

Also, one way I've found to revise the Dunk/Roll tek is to first dunk the 100% cakes in 1:10 h202:h20 for 24 hours, then bury into sterilized 60/40 coir/verm for a day or two.  Once taken out, there's a nice casing layer on the cakes that pin like  craaaazy and shoot shrooms out from all angles.  Best so far from one cake was 56 fruits.

Terribly sorry if any of this is just repeated blabber, but I just thought I'd share my findings with the collective.

Have fun :thumbup:

--------------------
"If all are One," the fifth Illuminatus added significantly, "all violence is masochism."
"If all are One," Brother Otto replied nastily, "all sex is masturbation..."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineBen_Stein
Spelling Gestapo

Loc: Hooterville
Re: Findings after 4 months... [Re: B_Henry_Hastur]
    #2288746 - 01/31/04 12:38 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Nice post, dood. Good stuff for the masses.

BTW, I like the dunk 'n' roll mod. Might just have to give it a go.

--------------------
I'm so ready to start growing. I've shroomed twice and loved it to no extent. --Mindgames

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains