Home | Community | Message Board

Everything Mushrooms
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Gourmet and Medicinal Mushrooms

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Amazon Portable Greenhouse

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineGroosBrewz
Fungus Freak
 User Gallery

First reishi grow.. Fruiting now (I think), bag on or off?
    #22864959 - 02/04/16 09:07 PM (5 years, 1 month ago)

This is my first reishi grow. After five weeks in the bag and nothing happening, I cut slits in the bag 2 weeks ago and now I think they are fruiting. I cut the top of the bag off tonight but not sure if that was the right thing to do. Questions are 1. Does this look like typical reishi fruiting? It seems like in other posts that the reishi were brown in color.  #2. Since these fruits are getting "smooshed" in the bag, and only growing out the sides and not the top, should I remove the bag completely now and move to the greenhouse? Just not sure where to go from here.. Any help would be appreciated. BTW, the reishi are the white blobs growing from the side of the block

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineMrcloudy
Stranger than you.
Male User Gallery

Loc: Northeast US Flag
Re: First reishi grow.. Fruiting now (I think), bag on or off? [Re: GroosBrewz]
    #22865071 - 02/04/16 09:39 PM (5 years, 1 month ago)

They are fruiting, white is healthy. It will turn yellow then red but the tip will remain white. The white is the growing part.

Leave it in the bag, it will help retain moisture around the mycelium. You probably could have let them grow a bit longer before cutting the top off, but as long as you have them in a fruiting chamber it should be fine. Looking good so far.

--------------------

10 different Ganoderma species from across the USA

AMU

MrCloudys guide to North American GanodermaUpdated A rough guide to North American Ganoderma species, with an emphasis on the laccate species.

OfflineGroosBrewz
Fungus Freak
 User Gallery

Re: First reishi grow.. Fruiting now (I think), bag on or off? [Re: Mrcloudy]
    #22868794 - 02/05/16 08:20 PM (5 years, 1 month ago)

Awesome.. Thanks for the reply.. I always get nervous growing a species in a new genus for the first time

--------------------
"It's better to have it and not need it than need it and not have it" -- Captain Call

"American beer is like making love in a canoe- it's f@#%ing close to water!" Eric Idle

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Amazon Portable Greenhouse

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Gourmet and Medicinal Mushrooms