Home | Community | Message Board

The Spore Depot
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Invisible2Experimental
Male User Gallery
The Red Planet
    #2285752 - 01/30/04 12:49 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

The cosmic globe with a mountain 3 times higher then Mount Everest, a thousand feet deep canyon sprawling 4000 miles across. Many old volcanoes, showing proof of plate movement and a molten inner core similar to the Earth. But they are all extinct now, and all that remains are thousands of miles of dusty terrains and rugged wasteland. or so it seems. Scients have landed the Spirit and Oportunity, and are gaining new and very insightful information about the red planet. Possibility of water and streams seems evident, and some scientist believe the water may have existed on Mars long enough for life to evolve. But where did the water go? Why is there no visable life. What mysteries will the rocks tell?
Bush propossed a manned mission to mars and scientists say it is a possibility in 10 years or so, about the time when the new Hubble telescope will be launched, a later higher powered version of the later, able to see deep into the cosmos and into realms we thought non-existant.

How is all this related to S&P? Do the predictions of many forseeres, and perhaps Nostradomus that humans will be living in space and on other planets by the year 2211 seem that farfetched? How will religion survive in the world of the space age? Perhaps in 400 years Christianity and Catholics and all other religous beliefs will be almost nonexistant. With the speed of advances that modern science makes today, a world of a destroyed Earth, by war or pollution and waste, and a society of space dwelling clans and the dawn of a new age, I don't see these things as out of the question for the future. How will the discoveries made by todays scientists alter the course of human biengs? And how fast will we advance in the field of science and technology? Will humans become so advanced and technilogicly superior to other organisms, that all other ways of life and creatures will be wiped from the face of the earth by our destructive means? Maybe if we didnet destroy the Earth, we wouldent even need to go to other planets to jack them of thier supplies, then hit the road 3000 years later, leaving behind a destroyed earth , who in its former glory was the realm of everything even and flowing and an eternal forest of plants and trees and grasses, and vast oceans, living in its flow of life for millions of years.. Compare 3000 to 1 million!

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineSpecialEd
+ one

Loc: : Gringo
Re: The Red Planet [Re: 2Experimental]
    #2287479 - 01/30/04 05:27 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Living in space seems pretty far fetched. It isn't really a viable option when you consider costs and the lack of resources. It will be interesting to see what they find on Mars. Personally, I am hoping they find life or evidence of life on Mars.

Fundamentalist Christian: Nope, that does not disprove anything. Am I supposed to believe in life on mars because a Communist Satan Worshipper in a rocket ship says he seen a fossil? This is just one of the many trials and tribulations our faith goes through.

--------------------
"Plus one upvote +1..."
--- //
-- :meff:
  /l_l\/
--\-/----

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology