Home | Community | Message Board

Myco Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Ethnobotanical Garden

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop: San Pedro

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineDocDreadlock
meditator

Loc: SoCal
Peyote vs San Pedro
    #2285691 - 01/30/04 12:25 AM (13 years, 3 months ago)

For those who have had experiences with both, I was wondering which you prefer and why. Peyote seems interesting to try but with its slow growing and legal status am not sure its worth trying to obtain.

--------------------
if your mind isnt clouded by unneccesary things, this is the best season of your life

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlineorizon
shroomin bliss

Re: Peyote vs San Pedro [Re: DocDreadlock]
    #2286191 - 01/30/04 04:22 AM (13 years, 3 months ago)

I have not had to a chance to try neither of them yet but I can safely say that Peyote is better than San pedro. The same active ingredient (mescaline) are present in both but Peyote is more potent which means you have to down less to feel the effects meaning less Nausea for a stronger trip. Just like Psilocybe Azureans are better then Cubes. However peyote is alot harder to obtain which is the reason people fall back on San Pedro

InvisibleVoodoo
Stranger

Re: Peyote vs San Pedro [Re: orizon]
    #2287596 - 01/30/04 06:24 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

They are both very easy to obtain. Peyote has more in it than just mesc though, which is what changes the experience.

--------------------
http://www.nramembership.org/

Invisiblezeta
Stranger

Re: Peyote vs San Pedro [Re: Voodoo]
    #2287715 - 01/30/04 07:25 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Voodoo said:
They are both very easy to obtain. Peyote has more in it than just mesc though, which is what changes the experience.

No.. peyote is illegal in many countries, takes decades to reach maturity, and has been harvested almost to extinction in the wild

Invisiblezeta
Stranger

Re: Peyote vs San Pedro [Re: orizon]
    #2287745 - 01/30/04 07:35 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

orizon said:
I have not had to a chance to try neither of them yet but I can safely say that Peyote is better than San pedro. The same active ingredient (mescaline) are present in both but Peyote is more potent which means you have to down less to feel the effects meaning less Nausea for a stronger trip. Just like Psilocybe Azureans are better then Cubes. However peyote is alot harder to obtain which is the reason people fall back on San Pedro

Most resources say the opposite of this

eg.
"San Pedro also contains tyramine, hordenine, 3-methoxytyramine, anhalaninine, anhalonidine, 3,4-dimethoxyphen-ethylamine, 3,4-dimethoxy-4-hydroxy-B-phenethylamine, and 3,5-dimethoxy-4-hydroxy-B-phenethylamine. Some of these are known sympathomimetics. Others have no apparent effects when ingested by themselves. It is possible, however, that in combination with the mescaline and other active compounds they may have a synergistic influence upon one another and subtly alter the qualitive aspects of the experience. It is also possible that any compounds in the plant which act a mild MAO inhibitors will render a person vulnerable to some of the above mentioned amines which would ordinarily be metabolized before they could take effect.
The effects of San Pedro are in many ways more pleasant than those of peyote. To begin with, it's taste is only slightly bitter and the initial nausea is not as likely to occur. When the full psychotropic experience takes hold it is less overwhelming, more tranquil and not nearly as physical as that from peyote."

- http://www.festivalshop.net/dw%20files/giftsPeyoteCacti.html

"The San Pedro trip is less heavy, and more friendly than the Peyote trip. The nausea during the first hour after consumption will be less than with the Peyote."
- http://www.azarius.com/productinfo.php?productmain=15

Anyway who says azurescens are "better" than cubensis? I believe most people who have had both prefer cubensis. So what if you have to eat more of them

Offlinecanid
irregular meat sprocket
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: looking for zeebras, n. c...
Re: Peyote vs San Pedro [Re: zeta]
    #2287930 - 01/30/04 08:51 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

most mescaline containing cacti contain other phenethylamides and various active and inactive tryptamines [some of which are suspectedto be active in a synergistic way with the others]. this is part of the reason for the variances in character often noted from one cactus to another.

--------------------

Attn PWN hunters: If you should come across a bluing Psilocybe matching P. pellicolusa please smell it.
If you detect a scent reminiscent of Anethole (anise) please preserve a specimen or two for study and please PM me.

Offlinemesoamerican
Stranger
Male

Re: Peyote vs San Pedro [Re: canid]
    #15420437 - 11/25/11 02:52 AM (5 years, 5 months ago)

I saw this documentary and mentioned that it takes 4 years to grow peyote.. i also saw the ppl taking san pedro cactus soup and they automatically all gagged.. so im guessing it's really awful tasting.. i would try both

--------------------
Hi. Just want to make friends.

OfflineGoOnThen
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: Australia Flag
Re: Peyote vs San Pedro [Re: mesoamerican]
    #15420488 - 11/25/11 03:07 AM (5 years, 5 months ago)

:oldthread:

7 years old!!!!!!!!!!!!

--------------------

InvisibleLocky
Dont Spill Me!
Male User Gallery

Loc: Over here, yes, here
Re: Peyote vs San Pedro [Re: GoOnThen]
    #15420723 - 11/25/11 05:01 AM (5 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

GoOnThen said:
:oldthread:

7 years old!!!!!!!!!!!!

eh. Why dont people notice the date? Haha, i have done this before tho so i shouldn't talk :lol:

Anyhow, PEYOTE is alot better. Its the same thing, yet alot more potent.

--------------------

Offlinejyak
Lurker
Male

Loc: SE QLD :) Flag
Re: Peyote vs San Pedro [Re: Locky]
    #15420817 - 11/25/11 06:52 AM (5 years, 5 months ago)

We've all done it before.
Anyways, I've been meaning to google this for a few days, so it finally got me there :smile:

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop: San Pedro

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Ethnobotanical Garden