Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | Next >
Invisibleiiilil
Stranger

Re: I am so sick and tired of Christianity [Re: MarkostheGnostic]
    #22846939 - 01/31/16 03:07 PM (8 years, 2 months ago)

Solid commentary Markos !

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineEggtimer
HotSauce Lover

Re: I am so sick and tired of Christianity [Re: iiilil]
    #22847182 - 01/31/16 04:20 PM (8 years, 2 months ago)

:rockon: I feel yaa

The Glory of Your Love
Is Built Upon Our People's Pain
And Your Glory is Painted Red
Of Our Noble Blood You Shed.

You Came And Slaughtered Odin
You Came And Murdered Zeus
Our Gods Became Your Satan
And Satan Became Our God

The Ancient Pride
Still Burns Within Us
Honour, Strength And Joy
By Force We'll Purge Our Soil

The Wolf, The Bear, The Raven
Still Guard The Ancient Soul
The Ram Will Crush Your Temples
The Bull Will Slay Your Priests

Your Brought The Faith of Slavery
You Crowned The King of Slaves
You Raped And Spoiled our Beauty
But Conquered Not our Hearts

The Woods Became our Shelters
the caves Became our Shrines
Gidden From The Greedy Eyes
OF Our Mad, Mercyful God

--------------------
It's all for the :lol:s

Edited by Eggtimer (01/31/16 04:22 PM)

InvisibleCherryBomM
Yoga Gypsy
Female User Gallery

Loc: Ontario
Re: I am so sick and tired of Christianity [Re: Zombi3]
    #22847199 - 01/31/16 04:28 PM (8 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Zombi3 said:
I am so sick and tired of atheists and agnostics being sick and tired of religion.

Get over yourselfs.

Just to be clear, I am neither atheist nor agnostic.  Also, I was not trying to express frustration with religion in general.  I was specifically expressing a frustration with Christianity.

I personally, in my world, through my eyes, find it frustrating to learn and grow spiritually in a world where my 'religion' has already been laid out for me.  I was baptized before I even knew what god may or may not be. 

I spent a month in the rainforest last summer learning about Ayurvedic medicine, chakra energy patterns, soul work concepts and a little bit of eastern philosophy.  It was easily one of the most transformational experiences that I have ever had in my entire life, and I plan to do it again this summer. 

In between, I have to work.  I go to my job, I go to yoga with other white girls in lululemon yoga pants, and I find the odd goddess circle ritual to attend, or a crystal therapy class.  The people closest to me get it, but I'm considered a bit of an outsider.  A rebel.  Divergent.  My path is not normal, it's different and that scares a lot of people.

I'm ok with that in theory, because that is the way it is and the way is always has been.  I'm just currently in my life right now really getting comfortable on this path that I have always been on, and the more knowledge I seek out, the harder it is to obtain because what I seek is not readily available to me the way what the others seek is.

I have to sneak around a little bit.  I have to travel to other countries.  I even have to lie sometimes.  But this is simply the way it is.  This is the world we live in and today is a culmination of thousands (millions?) of years of wars and history.

Do you think cavemen had religion?  Do you think the first men looked up at the sky and wondered what was going on?

--------------------

Offlinezzripz
Stranger

Loc: Manchester, UK
Re: I am so sick and tired of Christianity [Re: CherryBom]
    #22847201 - 01/31/16 04:29 PM (8 years, 2 months ago)

Yeah me too. I have said before, I see Christyians as some of the most paranoid people everrrr. Always going on about the 'Devil' this the devil that, and about hell waiting for the sinner etc etc. I read a very good article by an ex-Christian a while ago which I gladly quote a little from:

Quote:

Debunking Christian Circular Arguments and Assumptions

Understanding the Mentality and World View of the Christian Fundamentalist

Now, those of you who have never been devout Christians before may wonder why they believe what they do, live the way they do, think the way they do, have such extreme views, and are so fanatical in pushing their beliefs onto other people all the time to try to convert them.  It may all seem so nonsensical and illogical to you.  Well since I used to be one of them and understand how they think, I can explain their mentality to you and give insight on their inner psychological makeup.  Although the above section on their view of history should have given you a good idea, let me break it down for you in detail.  First though, let me tell you that when one accepts the Christian faith and Gospel into his/her lifestyle, their view of reality becomes completely WARPED!  Literally.  They only see the world in terms of God and Satan, light and darkness, sin and righteousness, the saved and the unsaved, etc.  I still can’t believe how warped my view of reality was when I was a Christian fundamentalist.

Two powerful forces controlling their mind

Basically, the Evangelical Christian has two powerful things controlling his/her mind and emotions – the fear of eternal punishment in hell and the reward of eternal paradise in heaven.  Those are essentially the two most powerful things that can control someone’s mind, period.  They are the ultimate brainwashing tools ever designed.  No question about it.  Now keep in mind that heaven and hell are not some abstract concept or theory to them.  No, they are absolute LITERAL FACTUAL truths!  No less true than the fact that falling off a cliff is harmful or the fact that your body needs food and water to live.  Therefore, they take them VERY seriously indeed.  It’s no joke to them at all, especially when the eternal destiny of the soul is at stake.  And that’s why they are so adamant that you become saved too, because in their minds, it is like watching you driving toward the edge of a cliff, and since they care about you, they want to warn you of the reality of the situation.  That’s what it boils down to.  It’s not about disrespect for your rights, freedom, or choices.  It’s really about their 1) genuine concern for the eternal judgment of your soul, and their 2) sense of duty to God, after being given eternal life and being saved, to do his will to preach God’s message of Salvation to you, which is the least they could do for being given immortality.

I also have come across such racism of late via comments on several youtube videos. One titled 'what would the world be like without black people', a very moving video, but various rabid white supremacists are merciless in denigrating all black people.
Ths prejudice goes VERY deep so you can get black people feeling the same. A very sad experiment was done with little kids who were shown two dolls, a black one and a white one and were asked which dolls were good, and which bad, and who they wanted as a baby, and a high percentage chose the white doll, and said the black doll was ugly and bad, and when asked which colour of skin it represented they said themselves.
Christianity has a lot to answer for in this regard. In its history it equated white with good and black with evil:

Quote:

The psychological dimensions of White Supremacy http://www.finalcall.com/artman/publish/Perspectives_1/article_7035.shtml
'Regarding the history of political Christianity, after its spread from the
Middle East into Europe, changes and a new consensus occurred not only in its
accepted teachings by the fourth century, but also in how its central figures
were portrayed. Later, during the Middle Ages, good and holiness was associated
with Whiteness, while evil and the unholy was portrayed as Blackness. With
Jesus, his mother and the angels depicted as White, while demons, devils and
wicked people were often shown as Black, prejudices would likewise reflect these
associations as conflict with darker skinned people, colonialism and European
hegemony became the order of the day.'

Misogyny, racism, and homophobia in the patriarchal mindsets, and we can add classism. ALL of these prejudices have been pushed deep into peoples psyches by Christianity

Edited by zzripz (01/31/16 04:33 PM)

OfflineDouglas Howard
Stranger
    #22847588 - 01/31/16 06:15 PM (8 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

CherryBom said:
^^^^^^This is exactly the shit I am talking about.

I don't want to feel his presence.  I want to know that there is more out there then this ideology that is being shoved down my throat every day.  You  know who's presence I want to feel?

How about the goddess for a change?  How about some nurturing?

I was in a lecture once about "spirituality in your everyday life" and the whole 3 hours we talked about GOD.  At the end during the question period I put up my hand and asked if there was any room in spirituality for the goddess, or a feminine presence and the prof got all indignant with me like the mere question was an outrage.  "NO.  There is only one true god.  Next question."

:rolleyes:

There is no male or female, it is just one being that has both qualities, masculine and feminine. We are created in this design but Adam wasn't complete, because he did not have and feminine side like the way God has both. And so God has brought forth this side from out of Adam, and so that the two will be considered as one being, not two beings. Like in the story of Job, God has gotten upset with Job's friends, but He did not got upset with his wife, the one that told him to curse God because God has saw them as one, not two separate beings And so God has meant for Adam and Eve to be consider as one being like He is one. The only thing that spirits can do that the natural cannot do is that they can separate both sides and still be as one and which we cannot do that in the natural, but we can be with someone else in spirit only. Like if someone that is close to you and if they are somewhere else, you can imagine how they are feeling and or what they are thinking about, that is if you are one with them (very close). I had remember a documentary about Abe Lincoln has sent a telegram to Gen. Grant during the war, Abe sent message, " what is Grant doing?", and the telegrapher told him that he is just walking around through the woods, and they also responded back to Lincoln, " do you want me to check on Grant?", and Lincoln responded back, " No, I know what he is doing". They both were Woodmen.

Matthew 19:4 “Haven’t you read,” he replied, “that at the beginning the Creator ‘made them male and female,’ 5 and said, ‘For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and the two will become one flesh’? 6 So they are no longer two, but one flesh. Therefore what God has joined together, let no one separate.”

1 Corinthians 7:14 For the unbelieving husband has been sanctified through his wife, and the unbelieving wife has been sanctified through her believing husband. Otherwise your children would be unclean, but as it is, they are holy.

God, Gods, and Goddesses: Making Sense of the Elohim in Genesis  http://www.patheos.com/blogs/davidbokovoy/2014/12/god-gods-and-goddesses-making-sense-of-the-elohim-in-genesis/

OfflineDouglas Howard
Stranger
Re: I am so sick and tired of Christianity [Re: zzripz]
    #22847635 - 01/31/16 06:26 PM (8 years, 2 months ago)

Well, Moses has married a Black woman that his sister didn't like, but God had gotten upset with Miriam. There is a lot of unbelievers that are using the scriptures for their own personal use, but if they were really believers, then they would kept His word holy like it says for them to do.

OfflineHypnotoad420
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: I am so sick and tired of Christianity [Re: Douglas Howard]
    #22847904 - 01/31/16 07:27 PM (8 years, 2 months ago)

The most one might be able to pull from religions are some old stories and slight far in between examples of moral living; other then that I find organized religion to be a ring around the neck of anyone who gives their energy. All religion serves to do is disempower and divide the human race even further and drive our progress back to the dark ages. Find your own truth, you have just as much of an idea as anyone else for no one truly knows it all and I would not put all my eggs in the basket of a outlandish book written by some delusional old men. IMO

Now in the same coin if someone devotes themselves to a particular religion and is happy and content with that then that's fine and good for them that they can remain happy blissfully ignorant in their own worlds, that is their reality and free will to experience. I don't waste energy preaching to ears that don't listen and minds that are incapable of integrating knowledge being fed to them.

Everyone is here for their own unique experience in the end. Be the change you want to see in the world and let go of all the fear and hate. We are all meant to be shining beacons that light the path back to the garden, reclaim your power.

Love is the key

Namaste.

--------------------
:hypnotoad:

OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

Loc: South Florida Flag
Re: I am so sick and tired of Christianity [Re: iiilil]
    #22848017 - 01/31/16 07:51 PM (8 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

iiilil said:
Solid commentary Markos !

Thanks! :cheers:

--------------------
γνῶθι σαὐτόν - Gnothi Seauton - Know Thyself

OfflinePeyote Road
Stranger
Male
Loc: Great Lakes State
    #22848058 - 01/31/16 07:59 PM (8 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

CherryBom said:
Quote:

Zombi3 said:
I am so sick and tired of atheists and agnostics being sick and tired of religion.

Get over yourselfs.

Just to be clear, I am neither atheist nor agnostic.  Also, I was not trying to express frustration with religion in general.  I was specifically expressing a frustration with Christianity.

I personally, in my world, through my eyes, find it frustrating to learn and grow spiritually in a world where my 'religion' has already been laid out for me.  I was baptized before I even knew what god may or may not be. 

I spent a month in the rainforest last summer learning about Ayurvedic medicine, chakra energy patterns, soul work concepts and a little bit of eastern philosophy.  It was easily one of the most transformational experiences that I have ever had in my entire life, and I plan to do it again this summer. 

In between, I have to work.  I go to my job, I go to yoga with other white girls in lululemon yoga pants, and I find the odd goddess circle ritual to attend, or a crystal therapy class.  The people closest to me get it, but I'm considered a bit of an outsider.  A rebel.  Divergent.  My path is not normal, it's different and that scares a lot of people.

I'm ok with that in theory, because that is the way it is and the way is always has been.  I'm just currently in my life right now really getting comfortable on this path that I have always been on, and the more knowledge I seek out, the harder it is to obtain because what I seek is not readily available to me the way what the others seek is.

I have to sneak around a little bit.  I have to travel to other countries.  I even have to lie sometimes.  But this is simply the way it is.  This is the world we live in and today is a culmination of thousands (millions?) of years of wars and history.

Do you think cavemen had religion?  Do you think the first men looked up at the sky and wondered what was going on?

Its not normal to be a Christian either, people laugh at you, look art you weird, make fun of you all over the place if you have faith in God. Youre not weird for not being Christian in this day and age either, you are free to pursue whatever alternate forms of spiritualy you want to.

But in regards to Christianity, I would say less than 1 in 20 americans are real devout Christians. We live in a secular world.

Sure, in america a lot of people identify as Christian, almost like an ethnic group, but if you ask how many of those people have a serious prayer life, real knowledge of sacred scripture, real faith in God, real love for their neighbor, real humility or are at the very least are serious striving toward these things its actually a very small number.

--------------------
The path of the herbalist is to open ourselves to nature in an innocent and pure way. SHe in turn will open her bounty and reward us with many valuable secrets. May the earth bless you. - Michael Tierra

OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

Re: I am so sick and tired of Christianity [Re: Peyote Road]
    #22848732 - 01/31/16 11:04 PM (8 years, 2 months ago)

Nobody asks me at this point, and I'm a retired home-body, venturing out to the markets for food and the occasional medical appointment. I don't wear neck jewelry (like stylized crosses) much anymore since I don't go to work and have been to 2 parties in 2 years, both the same person on her birthday with an increasingly geriatric crowd. BUT...if anyone were to ask me if I was a Christian, I would probably have to paraphrase Mohandas Gandhi who said' "I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ." I would be embarrassed NOT to stand up for Christ, but I decidedly and absolutely would not want a single human being to think that I am anything like a fundamentalist, literalist, so-called Christian who conflates myth with history. I do not want anyone to think for a nanosecond that I am pro-guns, or anti-ecumenical (a religious bigot), anti-women's rights, or even pro-Israel at this point in time. I do NOT believe that 'God wants me to be rich,' or that uber-wealthy, private jet owning televangelists are not the epitome of materialism and greed. I am not embarrassed to say that that the biblical Christ is THE paradigm for human development, and The Way [to be], but I do not want to be mistaken for someone akin in any way to that fascist insect Ted Cruz who claims to be a Christian, or that dangerous one-man circus Donald Trump who waves the Bible and says that it's his favorite book (good God, The Donald never spent two hot seconds with the Bible). I am not ashamed (God forbid) of Christ. I am embarrassed to be identified with the moronic multitudes of the moral majority who claim to be Christians, but aren't even decent human beings let alone transcendentally inspired holy (whole) human beings. :nono:

--------------------
γνῶθι σαὐτόν - Gnothi Seauton - Know Thyself

OfflinePeyote Road
Stranger
Male
Re: I am so sick and tired of Christianity [Re: MarkostheGnostic]
    #22852543 - 02/01/16 09:45 PM (8 years, 2 months ago)

I feel the same way as you Markos, as I have gone deeper into the study of sacred scripture, prayer and Christian thought, I find it more and more appalling that people like Donald Trump can pass themselves off as Christian. They don't represent anything that the early Christians or saints of any age stood for.

It seems like people today want to think of themselves as Christians, but they only want the benefits and none of the hardships that go along with it. They want the comfort of believing they are going to heaven, but they don't want to make any of the sacrifices that Bible says are absolutely necessary to living a Christian life.

But that's why real Christianity can never be a truly mainstream thing, as it would necessitate a complete transformation of society. Not that that can't happen, but I mean Christianity can't be done true justice, while at the same time failing to transform society. We can't all become saints and yet live and run things the exact way we do now.

That's where the rubber hits the road. People don't want to really change. The people who benefit from the system the way it is right now, don't really want a just society. So they pay Jesus lip service on Sunday and continue on with the way things are.

At the same time, I can't agree with people who rail against Christianity and act as though it is some great evil because as you said,  the biblical Christ is THE paradigm for human development.

The truth is there in the Bible. It's in the writings of the saints and church fathers. Its in the writings of the great theologians and mystics. It's even in the church doctrines (albeit usually stated in a way that benefits the church's interests) and there is still power in the prayers and rituals. Christianity had and still has a lot of potential. It just hasn't been fully realized because only a relatively small number of people have actually done what it says it to do.

--------------------
The path of the herbalist is to open ourselves to nature in an innocent and pure way. SHe in turn will open her bounty and reward us with many valuable secrets. May the earth bless you. - Michael Tierra

InvisibleIcelander
The Minstrel in the Gallery
Male

Loc: underbelly
    #22852835 - 02/01/16 11:11 PM (8 years, 2 months ago)

You mean the truth that says that one forsake family, friends, duty, and their own life to follow Christ. That truth?  Yeah there's not many doing that. :satansmoking:

--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

#22852911 - 02/01/16 11:34 PM (8 years, 2 months ago)

The problem I have with the canonical Bible for the most part is that some of the most extraverted, action-oriented aspects of the religion have been promulgated as mainstream. For example, Protestants were opposed to  monastic life in which different orders epitomized differing degrees of solitude. Thomas Merton originally became a novitiate of a Franciscan order, but he realized that they were too socially oriented for his needs so he went to the Cistercians. He wanted to become a Carthusian, but they only had monasteries in France which was occupied by the Nazis at the time. Cistercians (Trappists) take vows of Poverty, Chastity, and Obedience (like Franciscans, Capuchins, Benedictines and others), but add Silence to those vows. The Carthusians have those four, but add Solitude, and remain alone in their cells even more than Trappists.

Greek Eastern Orthodoxy has their Mt. Athos, which is a city-state of its own, with no women having been allowed there for 1000 years. These monks have developed Hesychia (tranquility) and are called Hesychasts. They have a unique body of contemplative teachings which are compiled in the Philokalia (The Love of Beauty/Truth).

The USA has a good number of Catholics, Roman and Byzantine Rite, but monastics are increasingly rare. I haven't encountered a nun in two decades in Miami, and I have never seen a monk down here. But beyond the monastic lifestyle which is admittedly weird, this is not an age for wandering pilgrims, and hermits and anchorites no longer subscribe to Christian models of withdrawal from the world. The closest thing are those who attempt to live off the grid, but not in order to live a contemplative life in solitude. There are those of us who are introverts who wish to live IN the world but not be OF the world. It is not a compromise of holiness to be married. It can be a lot healthier than what results from too much solitude for those who do not suffer from thought and personality disorders.

But being a householder Christian (like Ram Dass' "householder saint" notion) does not mean that I must round up every mentally ill and homeless person and take them to stay with me and my wife in our house. I DID pick up a homeless, mentally ill, and very dirty and smelly Jewish Lubavitcher on the way home from work, but the synagogue on my block wouldn't take him in and I was not going to bring him into my wife's house! Picture a big man with hair so dirty it left grease on my car seat, with a wheeled suitcase squeezed into my little Mazda Miata. It was a spontaneous act, but one I soon regretted. It was almost sundown on Friday and I felt badly for him but I had to drop him on I-95 so he could try to get to Ft.Lauderdale. I later found out that it was his trip to travel around and beg off people, that he had a reputation around Miami! I took the bait. Live and learn. Follow these biblical injunctions and I'm sure the ancients learned the same lessons that I have. One's heart goes out to such beings, but then you discover that they WANT to be as they are! :eek: I've offered to buy homeless folks food, but they always want cash for alcohol or dope. Helping animals is more honest. I mean, they are honest, like the pelican who allowed me to grab it and remove a hook and line from its neck. Taking homeless and mentally ill people in might result in me and my wife being martyred as a result, and I never agreed with that trip either! It's dangerous in Miami.

The Gnostics were not extraverted Christians who marched their children into the Coliseum with them to be food for big cats or burned alive as human torches. They performed the silly Pagan sacrifices and agreed outwardly with their oppressors without fearing that they were being unfaithful to God, and they lived for another day of blessed contemplation for their decision. Introverts can be wise like that. They knew that their intentions were the crux of their inner life, not extraverted displays of their faith which was essentially thumbing their noses at the Roman oppressors. But these are the kinds of things that pass for Christian faith. Who wants to listen to an itinerant preacher read from a Bible on the steps of a public building? Who likes being preached at by persons of questionable stability? For years I saw a skinny elderly Black woman holding up signs on the highway median about repenting and accepting Jesus. The message wasn't new, but it was sad to see this apparently delusional woman out in the hot Miami sun in the late 20th, early 21st century playing out her interpretation of how she was supposed to be. :sad: What are the chances, I wonder, that that woman actually initiated a real change in someone's life with her cardboard signs? Yet she was evangelizing after the gospels commands. :shrug:

People railing against Christian religion is one thing, but they tend to throw the baby Jesus out with the bath water. They've conflated childhood abuse and brainwashing with the reality of Christ. They've been damaged and are bitter and angry. They proclaim atheism and profane the sacred, become poly-drug abusers in their unhealthy and misguided attempt to secure well-being and peace. Or perhaps they turn their anger into aggression and criminality, or leather-&-chain psychopathology as S&M Satanist clones. Maybe they have their incisors filed into vampire fangs or turn themselves into metal-pierced demons in pursuit of God-knows-what sort of identity. Shaking one's fist at the sky has been dubbed the Ahab Complex after Melville's character. The character Lieutenant Dan illustrated this after he lost his legs in the film Forrest Gump. I'm no preacher, scarcely a teacher. If anything I try to shine like the sun, not blow hot air like the wind.

Edited by MarkostheGnostic (02/01/16 11:42 PM)

OfflinePeyote Road
Stranger
Male
Re: I am so sick and tired of Christianity [Re: Icelander]
    #22852967 - 02/01/16 11:49 PM (8 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Icelander said:
You mean the truth that says that one forsake family, friends, duty, and their own life to follow Christ. That truth?  Yeah there's not many doing that. :satansmoking:

yeah, that truth. but of course all scripture must be understood in context and with through the power of the holy spirit. I mean, in this instance its not saying you should forsake your family merely for the sake of forsaking them, but if the direction your family is headed in and the truth conflict, your loyalty lies with the truth. You're right not many people are following the truth over their social interests and obligations.

--------------------

Edited by Peyote Road (02/02/16 12:02 AM)

Offlineviktor
psychotechnician
Male User Gallery

Loc: New Zealand Flag
    #22853095 - 02/02/16 12:24 AM (8 years, 2 months ago)

So what's your opinion on the gays?

--------------------
"They consider me insane but I know that I am a hero living under the eyes of the gods."

InvisibleIcelander
Male

#22853127 - 02/02/16 12:34 AM (8 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Peyote Road said:
Quote:

Icelander said:

yeah, that truth. but of course all scripture must be understood in context and with through the power of the holy spirit. I mean, in this instance its not saying you should forsake your family merely for the sake of forsaking them, but if the direction your family is headed in and the truth conflict, your loyalty lies with the truth. You're right not many people are following the truth over their social interests and obligations.

None as far as I know. I grew up in Christianity. I've known hundreds after I left. I've listened to hundreds on these boards.  I can't find my idea of a christian among them as far as I can tell from here.  Nor many Buddhists, Taoists or Muslims either for that  matter.  And I'm not living up to my own ideals either most of the time. But then I don't subscribe to being anything other than what I am and what made me. I'm a primate with a overworked neocortex.

--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

OfflinePeyote Road
Stranger
Male
    #22853148 - 02/02/16 12:39 AM (8 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

None as far as I know. I grew up in Christianity. I've known hundreds after I left. I've listened to hundreds on these boards.  I can't find my idea of a christian among them as far as I can tell from here.

What's your idea?

Nor many Buddhists, Taoists or Muslims either for that  matter.  And I'm not living up to my own ideals either most of the time. But then I don't subscribe to being anything other than what I am and what made me. I'm a primate with a overworked neocortex.

Well then you are living up to your ideals aren't you? Thats the advantage of not setting the bar too high (I think we've all made that mistake at some point).

Anyway, would it not be equally correct to describe yourself as a consciousness or a self aware being as a primate with a overworked neocortex? I like how we get to choose how we want to think of ourselves and what we wish to identify as.

--------------------

InvisibleIcelander
Male

#22853176 - 02/02/16 12:51 AM (8 years, 2 months ago)

Someone who follows what Christ said to do. 

I'm not sure what you mean by that last part. We all describe ourselves as we see ourselves.  I see an animal struggling with fear when I see myself.  Fear caused by the knowledge of my own mortality for the most part. 

Christ was willing to lay down his life for his beliefs and even his disciples weren't up to the task.  I don't see any christians who are christlike.  Who will walk away from this mess and let the dead bury their dead. I don't see many Buddhists willing to sit in meditation forsaking sustenance to gain enlightenment.  I'm certainly not doing it and I'm rarely hearing about anyone making the attempt. 

It's just my opinion and worthless. I really don't want to dispute this as it's endless. I've been in debate many times over these issues and nothing is resolved. Everyone sticks to their beliefs.  I apologize for butting into this discussion. I was just bored and looking for a distraction. :shrug:

Edited by Icelander (02/02/16 01:04 AM)

OfflineDouglas Howard
Stranger
    #22853251 - 02/02/16 01:26 AM (8 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Icelander said:

Jesus has said the ones that does the will of my Father is my family, the ones that does what the Father likes which that phrase meant. We has to leave that old family structure in our minds, that if we has came from the same womb, that we are family; but turn it into whom has the same spirit as us should be consider as our family. Like for an instance, Mary Lincoln was very protective of her son Robert, but eventually when Abe had died, Robert was plotting a scheme to have his mother committed so that he can have control over her assets since he was the only heir that was left. The both of them had two different spirit but were considered as family; but Mary loved him, but he didn't love her back, different spirits. when the truth is brought in, you will find out whom is your mother or your brother. When Jesus was on the cross, Mary, and the other women that were following after Jesus had stood right there with Him to the very end, eventhough, that the Jews were hunting down His disciples to have them persecuted, but the disciples were out hiding in the crowd; but the both has loved Jesus, but one has greater love than the other and she is considered as their mother because her love was consider as greater than the rest; and the rest were considered as her sons because their love wasn't considered as greater than their mother. And remember this, that in those days, they did not hesitate to stoned a woman to death, especially if she has committed adultery with a man.

John 8:44 You belong to your father, the devil, and you want to carry out your father’s desires. He was a murderer from the beginning, not holding to the truth, for there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks his native language, for he is a liar and the father of lies.

John 5:19 Jesus gave them this answer: “Very truly I tell you, the Son can do nothing by himself; he can do only what he sees his Father doing, because whatever the Father does the Son also does.  ( because they has the same spirit in them)

OfflineDouglas Howard
Stranger
Re: I am so sick and tired of Christianity [Re: viktor]
    #22853266 - 02/02/16 01:31 AM (8 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

viktor said:
So what's your opinion on the gays?

It says that God only look at our spirit and te spirit doesn't has no gender as it says.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | Next >

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds