Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Bulk Substrate, Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineForresterM
aspiring sociopath
Male User Gallery

Loc: Northeast USA Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Oysters on Cardboard/Paper [Re: MattyBear]
    #18556386 - 07/14/13 11:01 AM (8 years, 6 months ago)

You might want to check the dates on the posts you keep bumping, they're years old.  See below people's avatars where it says "Last seen:"?  Most of these people haven't signed on in 6 months to several years, and probably won't be around to answer your questions. 

You might have better luck starting a new thread or finding a more recent one to bump :smile:

--------------------
Have some medicinal mushrooms and want to get the most out of them?  Try this double extraction method.

Extras: Filter Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator Top
OfflineMattyBear
sharing is caring
Male User Gallery

Re: Oysters on Cardboard/Paper [Re: Forrester]
    #18557707 - 07/14/13 05:07 PM (8 years, 6 months ago)

cool, I Wasn't Sure If It Was Okay To Start A New Post If One Already existed

--------------------
Here's what we can do to change the world right now, to a better ride. Take all the money we spend on weapons and defenses each year and instead, spend it feeding, clothing and educating the poor of the world, which it would pay for many times over , not one human being excluded, and we could explore space, together, both inner and outer, forever, in peace.

~Bill Hicks~

Looking to build up a print library

OfflineJeff
Addict
Male User Gallery

#18557712 - 07/14/13 05:09 PM (8 years, 6 months ago)

Much better to start a new one.  :thumbup:

--------------------
Myco-tek

OfflineMattyBear
sharing is caring
Male User Gallery

Re: Oysters on Cardboard/Paper [Re: Jeff]
    #18561859 - 07/15/13 02:38 PM (8 years, 6 months ago)

Thx

--------------------
Here's what we can do to change the world right now, to a better ride. Take all the money we spend on weapons and defenses each year and instead, spend it feeding, clothing and educating the poor of the world, which it would pay for many times over , not one human being excluded, and we could explore space, together, both inner and outer, forever, in peace.

~Bill Hicks~

Looking to build up a print library

OfflineMacrolepiota
Abducting aliens
 User Gallery

#20900710 - 11/28/14 04:49 PM (7 years, 1 month ago)

I know this topic is pretty old, but it helped me a lot with my P. Ostreatus experiments. In my first run I used the same volume of straw and cardboard (I also took care that the amount of ink was as low as possible) and had no problems. Fruits showed up already after 2-3 weeks after mixing the components and adding the grain spawn. Currently, a second flush is in progress.

However, I also did an experiment by using only cardboard and newspaper as a substrate. After pasteurization, some colonized straw and bits of healthy fruits were added and everything was left in a dark and moist place. More than a week later, still no signs of new growth. At the moment I'm still trying to figure out what went wrong exactly, but most likely the newspaper and cardboard I used, were too heavily treated and contained various compounds which might have caused the mycelium to stall. The pH might have also been too acidic, but that is something I still need to determine at some later point.

Bottom line, it's probably best to use as clean cardboard and paper, as possible.

--------------------
LET YOUR LOVE SHINE

OfflineOhiloveyouall
Stranger
Re: Oysters on Cardboard/Paper [Re: ragadinks]
    #22811063 - 01/22/16 03:08 PM (6 years, 6 days ago)

Hi, very cool.... Only thing I'm confused about is whether you leave the black bag all the way over the basket while colonization and if so for how long. The picture on the left shows the bag on top and the one on the right the bag is fully covering the basket. Do you leave it enclosed for a specific amount of time or not at all ? Thanks,!

Offlineshroombasa
Sojourner
 User Gallery

Loc: 'Merka
Re: Oysters on Cardboard/Paper [Re: Ohiloveyouall]
    #22811077 - 01/22/16 03:12 PM (6 years, 6 days ago)

The plastic stays on for about 2 weeks.  BTW, this thread is a *teensy* bit old.

--------------------
Trade list

Peace and long life.

OfflineOhiloveyouall
Stranger
Re: Oysters on Cardboard/Paper [Re: shroombasa]
    #22811149 - 01/22/16 03:30 PM (6 years, 6 days ago)

Wow your right haha didn't even look at that do you have any links to newer or " better" Teks ? I'm trying to start a program at the university of nh on mushroom growing and I have only ever grown ...well other types of mashies and shiitake lions main outdoors on logs, I'm really interested in recycling all the wasted paper we have into something useable. Thanks for the reply regardless of how old this is !

OfflineMacrolepiota
Abducting aliens
 User Gallery

Re: Oysters on Cardboard/Paper [Re: Ohiloveyouall]
    #22849892 - 02/01/16 12:30 PM (5 years, 11 months ago)

If you want a simple and reliable tek, then I don't think you'll find anything better. There are certain steps in the procedure which always need to be done, one way or another.

Starting a project of this type at your university is a great idea. :smile: If you are perhaps thinking about getting into mycology, it can be a great first step. Seems like you already have more experience than I had when doing my first oyster grow, so I don't believe you should have any problems with growing them.

You can use commercial grain spawn, to be extra sure. That stuff grows like mad. Make sure you pasteurize your substrate properly. Incubate and fruit at proper conditions, and you will get loads of mushrooms.

Do you plan to use paper only or is there also at least some cardboard? Cardboard is great because it doesn't get as compact as paper when wet, so I like to use as much of it as I can find.

--------------------
LET YOUR LOVE SHINE

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Bulk Substrate, Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies