Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Feminized Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | Next >
InvisibleCherryBomM
Yoga Gypsy
Female User Gallery

Loc: Ontario
I am so sick and tired of Christianity * 6
    #22846087 - 01/31/16 11:15 AM (8 years, 1 month ago)

I was brought up pretty agnostic.  I am baptized.  I went to church for about a year when I was a child because I chose to, not because I had to.  I got bored and stopped going.  I have always generally been taught that there are all kinds of different ideas and religions and they all generally teach the same basic concept:  don't be a dick.

I am just so sick and tired of hearing about 'God' and Jesus and listening to judgmental Christian bullshit that rears up every summer when the pride parades start up.  And why gay folks can't get married, and why blacks are trouble makers and drugs are bad, mmmmmmkay?  I am so sick and tired of stuffy old white men telling me that abortions are wrong and why aren't I married yet?

I want to learn about healing herbs from crones in the forest, and crystal therapy from wiccans who aren't afraid to wear a pentagram for fear of being judged or persecuted.  I want western yoga to include chakra studies and Ayurveda, not just power vinyasa.  I want to learn what the mudras are in a pagan circle.

I wonder what the world would be like today if the Christian revolution never happened?  What if the pagans kept on doing their thing?  What if the Norse never converted?  Would Odin and Thor be legit?  Not just stories or comic book characters?

Would my boss stop mansplaining my own ideas to me like they were his own?  Fuck, maybe I wouldn't be the only woman in a 6 person management team. I guess a lot of things would be weirdly different.  I'm just so sick and tired of my entire life having this undertone of the church, the patriarchy, the glass ceiling, stuffy weddings, stuffy funerals.

Don't even get me started on weddings and funerals.  Under the eyes of god, honor and obey, till death do us part, OMG, shoot me in the face.  What do we even think we are doing?  Does anyone even believe this horseshit anymore?  What's the point?  People are just doing what has always been done with their eyes and hearts closed.  They don't even ask why.

I'm just so sick of it all.  Aren't we supposed to be evolving?  That is happening, right? I'm just a white girl trapped in a christian nation looking for my own tribe.

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineMorel Guy
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: I am so sick and tired of Christianity [Re: CherryBom]
    #22846163 - 01/31/16 11:38 AM (8 years, 1 month ago)

Yes it's a headache.

Where to begin with it?  Seems people have their construct for life and they really want you gone if you don't live by their rules.  For me, it's not so much the traditions, it's the false prophet teachings from the people making a lot of real money!

Christianity is a business.  If the religions taught us to be poor or go into nature and starve ourselves, nobody would practice that, or at least very few.

OfflineDouglas Howard
Stranger
Re: I am so sick and tired of Christianity [Re: CherryBom] * 1
    #22846213 - 01/31/16 11:51 AM (8 years, 1 month ago)

Well, you are feeling the effects of it at the moment. Jesus said that He has to leave for a moment, but He is leaving a Comforter that will come and comfort those that are being oppressed while in His absence, like Abe Lincoln a Christian was inspired to free the slaves by this spirit. Comfort means a relief from something that is afflicting you, which means that uncomfortable situations is still going to exist until His presence return. How would you know how will it feel if God is with us if you doesn't know how it feels when His presence has left. But everybody does know how it feels when Elvis has left the building, but no one knows how it feels when God is coming and going.

Matthew 24:27 For as lightning that comes from the east is visible even in the west, so will be the coming of the Son of Man.

OfflineDouglas Howard
Stranger
Re: I am so sick and tired of Christianity [Re: Morel Guy]
    #22846241 - 01/31/16 11:59 AM (8 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Morel Guy said:
Yes it's a headache.

Where to begin with it?  Seems people have their construct for life and they really want you gone if you don't live by their rules.  For me, it's not so much the traditions, it's the false prophet teachings from the people making a lot of real money!

Christianity is a business.  If the religions taught us to be poor or go into nature and starve ourselves, nobody would practice that, or at least very few.

The scriptures does teaches to be like John (Humble) whom had gave up everything just to live out in the wilderness. His dad was the High priest at the time. But God knows that we are all weak, that we cannot do what John has done and so which makes us not in the situation to judge other that are weak in certain areas.

Matthew 21:32 For John came to you to show you the way of righteousness, and you did not believe him, but the tax collectors and the prostitutes did. And even after you saw this, you did not repent and believe him.

InvisibleCherryBomM
Yoga Gypsy
Female User Gallery

Re: I am so sick and tired of Christianity [Re: Douglas Howard] * 1
    #22846249 - 01/31/16 12:02 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

^^^^^^This is exactly the shit I am talking about.

I don't want to feel his presence.  I want to know that there is more out there then this ideology that is being shoved down my throat every day.  You  know who's presence I want to feel?

How about the goddess for a change?  How about some nurturing?

I was in a lecture once about "spirituality in your everyday life" and the whole 3 hours we talked about GOD.  At the end during the question period I put up my hand and asked if there was any room in spirituality for the goddess, or a feminine presence and the prof got all indignant with me like the mere question was an outrage.  "NO.  There is only one true god.  Next question."

:rolleyes:

--------------------

InvisibleIcelander
The Minstrel in the Gallery
Male

Loc: underbelly
    #22846252 - 01/31/16 12:03 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

CherryBom said:
I was brought up pretty agnostic.  I am baptized.  I went to church for about a year when I was a child because I chose to, not because I had to.  I got bored and stopped going.  I have always generally been taught that there are all kinds of different ideas and religions and they all generally teach the same basic concept:  don't be a dick.

I am just so sick and tired of hearing about 'God' and Jesus and listening to judgmental Christian bullshit that rears up every summer when the pride parades start up.  And why gay folks can't get married, and why blacks are trouble makers and drugs are bad, mmmmmmkay?  I am so sick and tired of stuffy old white men telling me that abortions are wrong and why aren't I married yet?

I want to learn about healing herbs from crones in the forest, and crystal therapy from wiccans who aren't afraid to wear a pentagram for fear of being judged or persecuted.  I want western yoga to include chakra studies and Ayurveda, not just power vinyasa.  I want to learn what the mudras are in a pagan circle.

I wonder what the world would be like today if the Christian revolution never happened?  What if the http://www.shroomery.org/forums/pagans kept on doing their thing?  What if the Norse never converted?  Would Odin and Thor be legit?  Not just stories or comic book characters?

Would my boss stop mansplaining my own ideas to me like they were his own?  Fuck, maybe I wouldn't be the only woman in a 6 person management team. I guess a lot of things would be weirdly different.  I'm just so sick and tired of my entire life having this undertone of the church, the patriarchy, the glass ceiling, stuffy weddings, stuffy funerals.

Don't even get me started on weddings and funerals.  Under the eyes of god, honor and obey, till death do us part, OMG, shoot me in the face.  What do we even think we are doing?  Does anyone even believe this horseshit anymore?  What's the point?  People are just doing what has always been done with their eyes and hearts closed.  They don't even ask why.

I'm just so sick of it all.  Aren't we supposed to be evolving?  That is happening, right? I'm just a white girl trapped in a christian nation looking for my own tribe.

IMO we are  not evolving. I could go on a rant about the New Age beliefs that I consider a phoney attempt at denying reality. But why?  It's better imo to just ignore it and go about my business. The less I think about it the better. It's better imo to focus on what you love rather than what you dislike or hate. If I thought my rant was going to help evolve the species I'd likely do it but I'm very convinced it just adds more nonsense to the soup and humans don't evolve in the ways I think we do. We may eventually lose our appendix or small toe however, something physical like that.

I actually see a deterioration of the positive qualities in humanity these days likely due to the problems created by overpopulation stress.

--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

Edited by Icelander (01/31/16 12:07 PM)

InvisibleCherryBomM
Yoga Gypsy
Female User Gallery

Re: I am so sick and tired of Christianity [Re: Icelander]
    #22846271 - 01/31/16 12:07 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Icelander said:
It's better imo to focus on what you love rather than what you dislike or hate.

I know this to be true, you are right.

I think I just came to this realization recently, and had to try to express it to figure it out a little bit more.

--------------------

InvisibleIcelander
The Minstrel in the Gallery
Male

Loc: underbelly
    #22846284 - 01/31/16 12:12 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

Absolutely :thumbup:  I was tortured by my father who was a deacon in the baptist church.  Emotional and physical abuse by a god fearing man. I'll tell you I had to rant for years to get that evil out of my system. But at some point it's better to just leave it and move your focus on the few things that are still good.

"When the world is running down, you make the best of what's still around" - Sting

Take care friend. :satansmoking:

--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

OfflinePeyote Road
Stranger
Male
Loc: Great Lakes State
    #22846444 - 01/31/16 12:55 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

CherryBom said:
^^^^^^This is exactly the shit I am talking about.

I don't want to feel his presence.  I want to know that there is more out there then this ideology that is being shoved down my throat every day.  You  know who's presence I want to feel?

How about the goddess for a change?  How about some nurturing?

I was in a lecture once about "spirituality in your everyday life" and the whole 3 hours we talked about GOD.  At the end during the question period I put up my hand and asked if there was any room in spirituality for the goddess, or a feminine presence and the prof got all indignant with me like the mere question was an outrage.  "NO.  There is only one true god.  Next question."

:rolleyes:

dunno what denomination you are but you'll find lots of goddess stuff in Catholocism and Orthodox Christianity where she is venerated as the Virgin Mary. Ever prayed the Rosary? Its a beautiful goddess devotion.

--------------------
The path of the herbalist is to open ourselves to nature in an innocent and pure way. SHe in turn will open her bounty and reward us with many valuable secrets. May the earth bless you. - Michael Tierra

Invisibleiiilil
Stranger

#22846457 - 01/31/16 12:57 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

Hmmm, are you sick and tired of Christianity or of the so called believers/followers of it and the current state of human kind?

I think it's important to understand the difference. For instance, a complete non believer and one who isn't knowledgeable about a verse in the bible can call themselves one, and go out and do horrendous things.... Does that reflect on the person or the belief system?

So, you're sick and tired of the hypocrisy, flaws, close-mindedness, and state of human beings...
Yeah, it's tough times around the world. Regarding your commentary about inflammatory and flagrant judgement :
"You hypocrite, first take the log out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to take the speck out of your brother’s eye." - Matthew 7:5

So, per your observations, it appears a lot of people have some 'growing' to do w.r.t the body of the belief.

So, you ponder : what if the 'christian revolution never happened and paganism reigned ...
Quote:

I ask, to what end ? What are you in search of? What would be the purpose behind such ventures?
I ask because it is quite clear that the world is becoming substantially more liberal w.r.t to letting people do and pursue as they please.... However, to what end? What is the observation of the direction the world is headed towards under such allowance? Is it one of understanding? Or is it based in blind free-form execution of one's will? What's happening to freedom of speech in the younger generation? They're headed on a grand path towards censorship? Why? Because only 'feel good' speech should be allowed... Does understanding underly this? No.

It is a much easier path to do as to whatever your 'feelings' compel you to do... It is a much harder path : The path of understanding... Where actions take a backseat to inaction and understanding. There is nothing in history that suggests that human beings in aggregate pursue deeper and harder paths such as that of understanding when easier paths lie before them. So, what makes you believe any new system or old would change this?

Quote:

What is mansplaining? If the roles were switched, would women be womensplaining? Would a man be the only man in a 6 person female management team?

Church, patriarchy, glass ceiling, stuffy weddings, funerals.. Hmmm, Again.. you're tired of the flaws and ill natures of man... These natures exist outside of belief systems which is why they are expressed no matter what belief a person has and there is no suggestion that they would suddenly disappear under any new/old man-made belief system. Flaws upon flaws upon flaws...

Now, if one journeys to seek understanding, they can become aware of their flaws. They can come to understand a higher path beyond their flaws. They can then thus seek a higher form of being. But they have to make that choice.

Quote:

Under the eyes of god, honor and obey, till death do us part, OMG, shoot me in the face.  What do we even think we are doing?  Does anyone even believe this horseshit anymore?  What's the point?  People are just doing what has always been done with their eyes and hearts closed.  They don't even ask why.

Well, exactly.. No one believes in such paths anymore. They see no point and as such they resolve and doing what is easiest and comforting to the physical with their eyes and hearts closed and they don't even ask why ... You said it yourself.

I'll give an example : How can you come to know love deeply if you are lustfully in and out of it as quickly as the seasons change? How can you come to know the depth of a person if you are not willing to consider spending a lifetime with them through ups and downs. Now-a-days it's all about the ups .. So, we share in the ups and are alone during the downs.. Where is the understanding in this?

Patriarchy ... Matriarchy.. both are flawed concepts without harmony. Do you dissolve and harmonize a flawed system or do you try to force another flawed one in its place? :

Such movements are devoid of 'understanding' as they seek to re-introduce the very flaw they are supposedly trying to rid the world of.. Women have incredible gifts. Men have incredible gifts and they fit together nicely in harmony. Women seeking to war with men ... Think about that for a second... When men war with men ... Men .. strong resilient men die... The stronger and more resilient man beats the other to a pulp. Do women truly feel they will win a war against men who have it in their heart and have the resolve to slaughter other men? Is that in your heart or hearts as a woman? Then why push society in such a direction when it is quite observable that your gift is in calming and steering a man towards a path of love and understanding and having a more harmonious society? Yet, here we are .. women 'warring' against men and having the very things that define them as women being slaughtered under some new age idea of feminism.. Who won in the end? Men ... and cleverly women were moved to destroy themselves in the process... Their very gifts and the culture that appreciated them. Where is the understanding? It is devoid of it and what shall be made manifest will be that which was sought... And there will be no spiritual institution to blame for it.. It will be a manifestation of the hearts of man and woman.

So, you've said a lot .. Now trace the flows and roots of your commentary... They center on human kind resolving on a path through life with eyes and hearts closed.... This is the state of the world. You will find peace in accepting that and journeying down a higher path if you see one. What is that path? You will know if you are truly in search of it.

And I rarely do this but :
"Now flee from youthful lusts and pursue righteousness, faith, love and peace, with those who call on the Lord from a pure heart. 23But refuse foolish and ignorant speculations, knowing that they produce quarrels. 24The Lord's bond-servant must not be quarrelsome, but be kind to all, able to teach, patient when wronged,…" - Timothy 2:23

So, onto paths to higher understanding or basking in lower forms... The choice is up to each individual. At some level of understanding, you'll gain acceptance for the many things that trouble your heart and through acceptance you will gain even higher understanding.

Best wishes CherryBom w/ an open heart and an open eye.

Invisibleiiilil
Stranger

#22846460 - 01/31/16 12:58 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

CherryBom said:
Quote:

Icelander said:
It's better imo to focus on what you love rather than what you dislike or hate.

I know this to be true, you are right.

I think I just came to this realization recently, and had to try to express it to figure it out a little bit more.

Yep, this helps greatly sometimes.. Sometimes in responding to someone else's inquiry and re-reading my words I come to understand even more myself and come to realizations I didn't have before.

InvisibleZombi3
Bella Ciao!!
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Bat Country Flag
Re: I am so sick and tired of Christianity [Re: CherryBom] * 3
    #22846468 - 01/31/16 01:00 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

I am so sick and tired of atheists and agnostics being sick and tired of religion.

Get over yourselfs.

--------------------
Youve Met With A Terrible Fate, Havent You?

Click here to enter this weeks Ban Lottery!!
In Crust We Trust

Invisibleiiilil
Stranger

Re: I am so sick and tired of Christianity [Re: Zombi3]
    #22846513 - 01/31/16 01:10 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Zombi3 said:
I am so sick and tired of atheists and agnostics being sick and tired of religion.

Get over yourselfs.

Kiss and make up !

InvisibleZombi3
Bella Ciao!!
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Bat Country Flag
Re: I am so sick and tired of Christianity [Re: iiilil]
    #22846534 - 01/31/16 01:13 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

Ummm?

--------------------
Youve Met With A Terrible Fate, Havent You?

Click here to enter this weeks Ban Lottery!!
In Crust We Trust

Invisibleiiilil
Stranger

Re: I am so sick and tired of Christianity [Re: Zombi3] * 2
    #22846584 - 01/31/16 01:29 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Zombi3 said:
Ummm?

Exactly..
You're sick and tired .. She's sick and tired.
So, be confused by that post and .. relax ! :lol:

OfflineMetteyya
Life's Consort

Re: I am so sick and tired of Christianity [Re: iiilil]
    #22846778 - 01/31/16 02:29 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Morel Guy said:

Jainism teaches just that, and Buddhism does to a lesser extent. The Buddha didn't teach people to starve themselves, but the highest path is that of a monk, and monks give up their material attachments right off the bat.

IIIIIII and Zombi3:

She doesn't seem to be a straight up atheist or agnostic. All this talk about yoga, paganism and the veneration of goddesses seems to suggest she does have a spiritual life, but the Christian one isn't for her and she's tired of Christianity being a foundation of society. Which I think is pretty reasonable. A lot of people want to develop a deeper understanding of life, and Christianity just doesn't seem to be the means to do it for them, and it frustrates a lot of us because Christians have such a huge influence on society and treat different religious ideals with condescension and even outright hatred. I didn't read anything Cherrybom said as implying she was an atheist, instead very much the opposite, but IIIIII, you refer to her as being, essentially, nothing but a mere non-believer not wanting a spiritual life because she does not follow your tradition. You bring up hedonism and criticisms of censorship because godless liberals only want "feel good" expression and find it too difficult to try to cultivate higher understanding. It's as if you aren't talking to her on basis of what she said, but simply grouping her together with your pre-designated group of non-Christians. I think that's the sort of thing OP is upset with, with all due respect.

--------------------
I ain't got nobody,
Ain't nobody got me
I'm just like a little apple
Hangin' on a tree

Invisibleiiilil
Stranger

Re: I am so sick and tired of Christianity [Re: Metteyya]
    #22846900 - 01/31/16 03:00 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Metteyya said:

IIIIIII and Zombi3:

She doesn't seem to be a straight up atheist or agnostic. All this talk about yoga, paganism and the veneration of goddesses seems to suggest she does have a spiritual life, but the Christian one isn't for her and she's tired of Christianity being a foundation of society. Which I think is pretty reasonable. A lot of people want to develop a deeper understanding of life, and Christianity just doesn't seem to be the means to do it for them, and it frustrates a lot of us because Christians have such a huge influence on society and treat different religious ideals with condescension and even outright hatred. I didn't read anything Cherrybom said as implying she was an atheist, instead very much the opposite, but IIIIII, you refer to her as being, essentially, nothing but a mere non-believer not wanting a spiritual life because she does not follow your tradition. You bring up hedonism and criticisms of censorship because godless liberals only want "feel good" expression and find it too difficult to try to cultivate higher understanding. It's as if you aren't talking to her on basis of what she said, but simply grouping her together with your pre-designated group of non-Christians. I think that's the sort of thing OP is upset with, with all due respect.

Slow down cowboy. Please respond to me and Zombi3 seperately.
#1 : I never claimed she was agnostic or athiest.
#2 : Understanding that she is in pursuit of a Spiritual life, I commented that she thus has to come to terms with the 'material' life and accept the world centered on it .. as it is. This is achieved through understanding. You even said this yourself :
Quote:

Jainism teaches just that, and Buddhism does to a lesser extent. The Buddha didn't teach people to starve themselves, but the highest path is that of a monk, and monks give up their material attachments right off the bat.

#3 : A belief system has as much influence on the world as people allow for. For a belief system to be having a huge influence on the world, its message and practices must be seen hugely which, for Christianity as spoken of in the bible, it is not. If one were to actually read and understand it, you'd see clearly why. Again, just because someone claims to be a christian and then goes off committing horrendous acts, says nothing against the religion. That's them. So, i clarified as such and directed that she is moreseo upset w/ human beings and their natures and those aren't and have never changed no matter what belief system you center on. No spiritual belief system ever gained broad enough traction to the extent that the world was in harmony... And when big movements were made as such, there was collapse.
#4 : I never referred to her as being anything... Point out where I did if so. What I pointed out was the world, which she herself reflected, is jacked and I quite clearly got to the root of why which has nothing to do with Christianity and everything to do w/ the hearts of man. The bible quite clearly says don't go around beating people over the head with judgement. Yet, she was complaining that christians were ... Then guess what? They're not following the written word of the belief system... So, what does that say about the belief system? Nothing.
#5 : On doing whatever you want : 'do whatever you want because you want to and should be free to do as you please'.... That is the belief system ruling the world currently.. Not christianity or any other spiritual belief system. The results as such are to be related to that. You can call it hedonism/liberalism or whatever you want. I never used those words. The most I said was 'more liberal w.r.t to x,y,z'. And per your own words about the material life, you agreed.

So, what I was doing was detailing the world which OP was lamenting she is sick and tired of...
Me? Personally .. I am not sick and tired because I accept it for what it is because I have sought understanding. I am at peace with it.

So, please be careful about what you just suggested. In no way did I lump the OP in with the very group she is saying she is sick and tired of. I in no way even implied that... What I said is 'x is x'.. It is 'x because of y's' ... If you've found a higher road above it, journey on... and I closed with

Quote:

Best wishes CherryBom w/ an open heart and an open eye

How you arrived at something else is beyond me.

Edited by iiilil (01/31/16 03:10 PM)

OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

Loc: South Florida Flag
    #22846907 - 01/31/16 03:01 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

The nation was formed by White males, but they were Deists by-and-large, NOT Christians. Look into the lives of Jefferson, who created a whole 'race' of 'Jeffersons' with his female slaves, and Franklin at The Hellfire Club, or the Freemason Washington. Protestant Christians eventually came to dominate, but again, that is Patriarchy carrying the banner of Christ just as the monster Constantine did on his deathbed to unite the Roman Empire under a new symbol.

Christianity is not Christ. "There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus" - Galatians 3:28. Christ is a word that is related to chrism, oil, oil for anointing. Christ means 'anointed,' as with God's grace. It is a transcendental reality that transcends the opposites into a whole (holy, same root word) being. We are verily, living in The Matrix. In The Matrix films, there are numerous Christian references as well as Gnostic, Buddhist and Hindu references. The 'Agents' in The Matrix films were suggestive of FBI 'special agents.' The master Evil was The Architect, an image that harkens back to the visionary Gnostic poet William Blake and his vision of the Demiurge - a corrupt Creator called Old Nobodaddy. The Agents in the film mythology are the Gnostic Archons - subservient agents of an evil patriarchal deity who created humans to keep them in bondage to the material world. In the films, it was to keep humans as bioelectrical energy sources (but ultimately there were no more human beings. All that was left were iterations of The Matrix program [sorry for the spoiler for those  unfamiliar]).

What does this have to do with your complaints? The Matrix films were HUGE for me because they were, tongue-in-cheek, a perfect metaphor and myth for life today. Awakening from The Matrix for us means, among other things, to uncover the lies that have co-opted the true human spirit for insidious purposes. In the films, humans were turned into bioelectrical energy sources, in waking life, the military-industrial-media complex attempts to turn human beings into little replaceable 'cogs' in a humongous machine whose purpose is to consume more and more to drive The Machine that is owned by the power-usurping elite. One of the 'carrots' for 'workers' has long been spiritual promises, but those promises were either projected into some future time on earth (for Jehova's Witnesses), or a metaphysical 'place' for most mainstream Christians, who childishly imagine a Heaven as an eternal church picnic on a sunny day with all of one's deceased loved ones.

But there is Truth to be unveiled using the Christian myths. The process of theosis - becoming divinized (like Neo in The Matrix) is only clearly found in Eastern Orthodox Christian theology, and then only by serious seekers. Much or most of Catholic and Protestant Christianity conflates the myths with history! In addition, biblical fundamentalists can't or won't filter the time-bound bullshit about slaves (and women) to an archaic past. They do not have the discernment to separate the "wheat from the chaff," the spiritual value from the useless and toxic residue of ancient writings. The simpletons are in power like in the film Idiocracy. I have Protestant friends from childhood who have completely morphed (like citizens morphed into Agents as in the films) Christian theosis into the 'Protestant Work Ethic.' There whole sine qua non for living is to work, Work, WORK. My old tripping/camping buddy has become a Conservative Catholic and a Republican (partly due to him marrying a conservative, square, bossy, older woman. I was his best man at the wedding years ago). :sad: There is a whole 'God wants us to be rich' mentality that many churches subscribe to.

The bottom line is that if we want to try to distill the Truth from Christian myth, it is going to have to be done independently of any institutional religious setting, churchly or monastic. Myths derive from the Collective Unconscious or racial unconscious of humanity. Christian iterations of the Birth-Life-Death-Judgement-Ascension-Resurrection motif included, that Christianity appropriated from ancient Egypt, Judaism, Orphic Platonism, and Plotinian Neoplatonism. Do not mistake the lies built upon the universal Truths by a corrupt Patriarchy that still radiate transcendence and therefore value for all of us male and female.

--------------------
γνῶθι σαὐτόν - Gnothi Seauton - Know Thyself

Edited by MarkostheGnostic (02/19/16 04:51 PM)

Offlinesprinkles
otd president
Other User Gallery

Loc: washington state Flag
    #22846918 - 01/31/16 03:03 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

religion is the devils business.

--------------------
welcome to my world http://www.shroomery.org/forums/postlist.php/Board/326

OfflinePeyote Road
Stranger
Male
Loc: Great Lakes State
Re: I am so sick and tired of Christianity [Re: Metteyya]
    #22846922 - 01/31/16 03:04 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Metteyya said:
Quote:

Morel Guy said:

IIIIIII and Zombi3:

christians dont really have that big of an influence on society. these days, its scientists and so called experts as well as special interest groups, banks, corporations and the media that control public opinion. christians are mostly laughed at any time they actually stand up for a spiritual principle that goes against the direction american culture is heading.

--------------------
The path of the herbalist is to open ourselves to nature in an innocent and pure way. SHe in turn will open her bounty and reward us with many valuable secrets. May the earth bless you. - Michael Tierra

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | Next >

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Feminized Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder