Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Feminized Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | Next >
OfflineRavendance
Wizzerd
Male User Gallery

Loc: Earth
Re: I am so sick and tired of Christianity [Re: Icelander]
    #22939029 - 02/23/16 09:34 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Icelander said:
As you wish sir. :thumbup: 

One thing I always tell myself. For every poster there are ten lurking and learning.

That's an interesting post. Most of the time I think the silent lurkers probably have the most important opinion.

Edited by Ravendance (02/23/16 09:35 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleIcelander
The Minstrel in the Gallery
Male

Loc: underbelly
Re: I am so sick and tired of Christianity [Re: Ravendance]
    #22939040 - 02/23/16 09:36 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

I don't necessarily.  Lurker's usually lack the confidence, social or otherwise to post on subjects of interest.  I wish it was otherwise as I'd like to hear their views.

They are legion however.

--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

OfflineRavendance
Wizzerd
Male User Gallery

Loc: Earth
    #22939048 - 02/23/16 09:39 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

The most wise people I have ever known are usually some of the most silent people I have ever known.

InvisibleIcelander
Male

#22939108 - 02/23/16 10:01 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

Well that leaves me out. :nicesmile:

--------------------

OfflineDigitalis
Stranger

#22939673 - 02/24/16 02:07 AM (8 years, 1 month ago)

Pagans invented Marriage before christians did.

Offlinehalo
Tripper
Male

Re: I am so sick and tired of Christianity [Re: Digitalis]
    #22939721 - 02/24/16 03:01 AM (8 years, 1 month ago)

Coming into this topic late but I do like this discussion.

I tend to agree with both Markos and 6Silent9Knight6

Although they have different political views they both call themselves Christians.

Christian is such a broad term that you can have people with completely opposite views under the same umbrella. Example:

6Silent9Knight6 thinks many women lust too easily and are thus in league with Satan. That without strong male figures in their lives they will fall into immorality and thus lure other men who are attracted to them down that path of immorality as well. Being tools of Satan if you will.

Markos on the other hand seems to dismiss this notion. At the same time Markos is a big fan of Orthodox Christianity which is arguably more Patriarchal than Roman Catholicism or many of the Protestant sects (many of which allow female preachers).

Lately I've come to see and identify Christianity from more of a cultural and political rather than religious standpoint. I do value the teachings, yet, being so open to interpretation,, I wonder if there is truly a right sect or wrong sect.

Some think Christianity is a concoction by Roman elites who either foresaw or instigated the fall of the Roman empire, and so sought to create a religion in which people would welcome and embrace their servitude, and be taught that it is right and just to accept that and not to fight back. Some also think much of the modern psychedelic revolution is that same story for our modern age...

But I digress.

Kingdoms eventually gave rise to nation-states throughout Europe, all of which warred against each other. Yet they were for a good long while united under the Holy Roman Empire. And Crusades were conducted against the muslim world, and these Christians also fought to keep Muslim invaders out of Europe for hundreds of years, even eventually expelling them from Spain after centuries.

Even Richard Dawkins, one of the most prolific atheists, has come to accept and identify with 'cultural Christianity'. Not that he believes in a God, but he recognizes Christianity as a religion which forms the backbone of culture and that without it a culture is vulnerable to takeover from another culture.

Europe is currently the least religious continent on the globe. And after WWII also the least nationalistic. These two go hand in hand. Perhaps unsurprisingly, Europe is also opening it's doors and lands to millions of young Muslims, mostly men who are flooding its shores. Initially this looks like a great humanitarian act, yet if it goes unchecked the culture of Europe may not exist in 50 or so years.

The human rights established over centuries, as well as rule of law, may be erased and supplanted with Sharia law, which is even more harsh.

You might think Christian Patriarchy is bad, but as soon as a society becomes less patriarchal, it merely leaves itself vulnerable to infiltration from an even more patriarchal society.

I don't think you can have a proper discussion of Christianity without placing it in the context of Islam and Judaism. Specifically Islam though. Jews don't really seek to convert people to judaism because they are an ethnic group. Yet Islam has a stated goal to make the entire world Muslim. And that being said, Christianity does command followers to spread the word of Christ in the name of saving souls. But at least Christianity just asks us to share the word and hope people convert, and not to kill people if they choose not to, like Islam does.

I guess my point is that even if you aren't religious, Christianity is a buffer against Islam, which is a much more intolerant religion.

Your local fundamentalist Christian might scoff at your feminist views or desire to worship the moon while you fuck yourself with candles and ask the headdiest brah about his crystals, but thanks to our enlightenment legal ideals and concepts of free speech and freedom of religion, you won't be prosecuted for it.

But if Christianity dies out to the point that Islam takes over, your life might literally be in danger for trying to practice your little pagan witchraft stuff.

If Christianity completely dies out, and nationalism does as well, those ideals will die as well if people aren't willing to die for them.

And I don't even want to get into the gay thing, but in reality it just leads to less people able to reproduce the culture and fight to save it, and makes it easier to take over by an outside force.

Also, not to be a dick, but your thing says you live in Ontario. What backwater rural part are you in that you deal with so many oppressive Christians day in and day out?

Your Prime Minister goes to Mosques and is going to be participating in a Gay Pride parade. Pretty sure Christianity isn't dominating the discourse in Canada right now.

--------------------
All drugs should be legal

InvisibleIcelander
Male

Re: I am so sick and tired of Christianity [Re: halo] * 1
    #22939745 - 02/24/16 03:46 AM (8 years, 1 month ago)

And I don't even want to get into the gay thing, but in reality it just leads to less people able to reproduce the culture and fight to save it, and makes it easier to take over by an outside force.

I give up. :nicesmile:

--------------------

InvisibleCherryBomM
Yoga Gypsy
Female User Gallery

Loc: Ontario
    #22939754 - 02/24/16 03:58 AM (8 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Ravendance said:
The most wise people I have ever known are usually some of the most silent people I have ever known.

Quote:

A wise old owl sat on an oak
The more he saw the less he spoke
The less he spoke, the more he heard
Why cant we be more like that wise old bird?

--------------------

OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

Loc: South Florida Flag
Re: I am so sick and tired of Christianity [Re: halo]
    #22940564 - 02/24/16 11:37 AM (8 years, 1 month ago)

Please do not conflate my interest in Eastern Orthodox philosophical theology with its distortions as applied to church doctrine. I am interested in intellectually spiritual doctrines that attempt to connect the human psyche with Divinity (e.g., 'Uncreated Energies,' theosis, Hesychastic contemplation), and whereas I realize the monks on Mt. Athos prohibit women from setting foot on their island, as well as the patriarchy of Greek culture (for example), I draw a line between the theoretical and its often bizarre applications in institutional religion.

I am opposed to the oppression of women although I understand the weaknesses of men with regard to the already weird retirement from the world on Mt. Athos. If such men need to flee from women I have to ask myself what is going on with them psychologically, but I already know - been there, done that. But they've turned those dynamics into a thousand year old tradition. By the same token, I do not have objections to Boys being in Boy Scouts exclusively, and Girls being in Girl Scouts exclusively. These organizations (sans pedophilic scout masters) can be helpful to youth during critical phases of development. In the main, people need to transcend gender differences and conduct themselves more as human beings first and foremost ("There is neither Jew nor Gentile, neither slave nor free, nor is there male and female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus" - Galatians 3:28).

--------------------
γνῶθι σαὐτόν - Gnothi Seauton - Know Thyself

Invisiblemillzy
Male

Re: I am so sick and tired of Christianity [Re: MarkostheGnostic]
    #22944922 - 02/25/16 01:18 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

haven't read everything in here, but i think what most people seem to be (justifiably) bitching about is social conservatism rather than christianity as a theological position. don't get me wrong, i think it's fine to be critical of both, but what seems to be much more problematic is the former whereas with the latter, you can be christian and not be a socially conservative asswipe.

--------------------
I'm up to my ears in unwritten words. - J.D. Salinger

OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

Re: I am so sick and tired of Christianity [Re: millzy] * 2
    #22944995 - 02/25/16 01:35 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

I agree with you, and I think that Conservatives are imbalanced on the side of Judgement rather than Mercy - two opposing spheres on the glyph Kabbalistic Tree of Life which is an 'apt map' for charting these dynamics. Those  people who hold a gun in one hand and a Bible in the other are confused and conflicted, conflating political freedoms with spiritual freedom. It's apples and oranges. If one actually lives a Christ-like life, one cannot go about armed and ready to kill, regardless of the common-sense logic of self-defense. If one were actually Christian, one would be actively loving as one's mode of being in the world, not fearing. One does not carry weapons unless motivated by fear and/or a covert desire to harm others. :shrug:

Ultimate Absurdity

--------------------

OfflineMorel Guy
Stranger
 User Gallery

#22945372 - 02/25/16 03:00 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

MarkostheGnostic said:
I agree with you, and I think that Conservatives are imbalanced on the side of Judgement rather than Mercy - two opposing spheres on the glyph Kabbalistic Tree of Life which is an 'apt map' for charting these dynamics. Those  people who hold a gun in one hand and a Bible in the other are confused and conflicted, conflating political freedoms with spiritual freedom. It's apples and oranges. If one actually lives a Christ-like life, one cannot go about armed and ready to kill, regardless of the common-sense logic of self-defense. If one were actually Christian, one would be actively loving as one's mode of being in the world, not fearing. One does not carry weapons unless motivated by fear and/or a covert desire to harm others. :shrug:

Ultimate Absurdity

True!  It seems conservatives aka Christains like to pass laws making life difficult for anyone "abnormal" to the conservative Christain thinking.  They lose all mercy and blame God for the very acts of men.  Because they created God in their own awful image.

OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

Re: I am so sick and tired of Christianity [Re: Morel Guy]
    #22946457 - 02/25/16 08:22 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

The Moral Majority are anything but moral, they're more like Judgemental Jerk-offs. There's a guy I know for 30 years (we used to work in the same school and he was my first scuba diving buddy) who wears a big gold cross around his neck, but carries 2-3 guns on his person at all times, which he has brandished on a number of occasions according to his report. He is now 75 years old and still carries his guns as he visits his daily haunts: donut shops, Burger Kings, McDonalds', thrift shops, his daily bike ride. I very very rarely hear from him any more. I used to go to gun shows with him, but for me it was more of a sociological experience. I was once offered a membership to the KKK at one (I don't look Jewish apparently). :lol:

But I also don't hear from a former Shroomerite since our last phone conversation when I told him I have never owned a gun, while he has dozens. He's Gentile, but I can't say that he's more than culturally Christian. My plumber, a former student, brought out a .50 caliber Desert Eagle semi-automatic pistol when he was visiting socially. He is 'unstable' and apparently is not on medication. He wonders (I suppose) why I haven't invited him over lately. But I don't think he identifies with being Christian. Jesus allegedly said that you can't serve two masters "mammon [money] and God," (Matthew 6:24) but the same is true of 'gun-lovers' IMO. It doesn't make any sense to me. :shrug:

--------------------

OfflineMorel Guy
Stranger
 User Gallery

#22959200 - 02/29/16 05:11 PM (8 years, 29 days ago)

One Nation under a Myth.

Maybe America is some sort of mythological dictatorship?  I think it is.

OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

#22959425 - 02/29/16 06:27 PM (8 years, 29 days ago)

Quote:

Morel Guy said:
One Nation under a Myth.

That's because you've never lived in a real dictatorship, or you'd feel grateful for the freedom you have, like writing on a website dedicated to Internal Freedom like this one.

--------------------

Offlinezzripz
Stranger

Loc: Manchester, UK
    #22960833 - 03/01/16 05:58 AM (8 years, 29 days ago)

Quote:

Morel Guy said:
One Nation under a Myth.

I completely agree with you! '9/11' is THE myth of the times now. The myth of the 'war on terror', and like their other myths used as social control, like Christianity, there are different levels of it. IE you have the absurd official level of the 19 hijackers taking on the big super giant USA and bringing down the TOWERS, etc etc etc
Then you have the levels they have predetermined with COINTELPRO which are designed to divert groups from the truth, and then there are the levels which ARE pointing to the truth like controlled demolitions, stuff that you would present in court, the missing steel, Silverstein and kids not showing up on the big day, Share options going up, etc etc
And the deeper layers are occult which can be discerned by becoming aware of their code, which includes numerology, gematria:

Occult astrology, etc:

Also for more, including wordplay and how the real perpetrators of these crimes mock the ones who don't know, including the victims of their crimes, read Kent Bain's The Most Dangerous Book in the World.

Looking into all of this, I had been years previously, very aware of how these power elites and cults compose their myths in layers. I had read John Allegro's book The Sacred Mushroom and the Cross which reveals all of this in great detail

So to summarize, you have the:

Official myth which is supposed to deeply affect the psyche of the majority of people;

then there are the myths set to infiltrate the search for the truth which is COINTELRPO, so as to both divert and undermine those investigating the truth and sharing with others;

Then there are the layers which really are showing the truth of what happened, yet may not know about the occult layers and even see the speaking about them as dangerous to the cause of truth;

And then are the occult layers which are being used as a deep form of mindcontrol and sorcery.

Checkout the term Inverted Totalitarianism. THis is being used to describe the situation on the West now. it is not the classical form of dictatorship with the demigogues, but is a corporatism tyranny:
Quote:

Inverted totalitarianism is different from classical forms of totalitarianism. It does not find its expression in a demagogue or charismatic leader but in the faceless anonymity of the corporate state. Our inverted totalitarianism pays outward fealty to the facade of electoral politics, the Constitution, civil liberties, freedom of the press, the independence of the judiciary, and the iconography, traditions and language of American patriotism, but it has effectively seized all of the mechanisms of power to render the citizen impotent.

“Unlike the Nazis, who made life uncertain for the wealthy and privileged while providing social programs for the working class and poor, inverted totalitarianism exploits the poor, reducing or weakening health programs and social services, regimenting mass education for an insecure workforce threatened by the importation of low-wage workers,” Wolin writes. “Employment in a high-tech, volatile, and globalized economy is normally as precarious as during an old-fashioned depression. The result is that citizenship, or what remains of it, is practiced amidst a continuing state of worry. Hobbes had it right: when citizens are insecure and at the same time driven by competitive aspirations, they yearn for political stability rather than civic engagement, protection rather than political involvement.”

http://www.truthdig.com/report/item/sheldon_wolin_and_inverted_totalitarianism_20151101

OfflineMorel Guy
Stranger
 User Gallery

#22961010 - 03/01/16 07:42 AM (8 years, 28 days ago)

Quote:

MarkostheGnostic said:
Quote:

Morel Guy said:
One Nation under a Myth.

That's because you've never lived in a real dictatorship, or you'd feel grateful for the freedom you have, like writing on a website dedicated to Internal Freedom like this one.

I am a felon so I would like to know what freedoms your speaking about.  The constitution generally means jack shit to the people that run the country.  They do anything and everything for their security and to fuck with ours.  I knew a guy who was a Marine for 12 years and worked with the CIA.  Trust me, shit gets real and they believe in their Christain dogma to justify any action.  They believe they only answer to God which is in fact a MYTH!

OfflineMorel Guy
Stranger
 User Gallery

#22961047 - 03/01/16 07:56 AM (8 years, 28 days ago)

What I mean is that you might think you have all these cushy freedoms.  The second your arrested all your so called rights don't exist.  Sure you can have a lawyer and maybe even post bond.  A lawyer can only argue so much and bond can be impossible.  Just stand next to the fence in prison and see what happens.  only snitches have freedom in the states.

InvisibleDividedQuantumM
Outer Head
Male User Gallery

#22961132 - 03/01/16 08:37 AM (8 years, 28 days ago)

Quote:

Morel Guy said:
What I mean is that you might think you have all these cushy freedoms.  The second your arrested all your so called rights don't exist.  Sure you can have a lawyer and maybe even post bond.  A lawyer can only argue so much and bond can be impossible.  Just stand next to the fence in prison and see what happens.  only snitches have freedom in the states.

Sad to say, I think you're right.  Our so-called "rights" are in actuality privileges, and temporary ones at that.  And if you ever get into serious trouble, all you can do is plead the fifth, 'cause generally they're not going to let you plead the first.

--------------------
Vi Veri Universum Vivus Vici

OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

#22961230 - 03/01/16 09:21 AM (8 years, 28 days ago)

Quote:

Morel Guy said:
Quote:

MarkostheGnostic said:
Quote:

Morel Guy said:
One Nation under a Myth.

I am a felon so I would like to know what freedoms your speaking about.  The constitution generally means jack shit to the people that run the country.  They do anything and everything for their security and to fuck with ours.  I knew a guy who was a Marine for 12 years and worked with the CIA.  Trust me, shit gets real and they believe in their Christain dogma to justify any action.  They believe they only answer to God which is in fact a MYTH!

Well, I am NOT a felon, and I have lived my life in order to assiduously avoid that development. I have the freedoms afforded a non-felonious citizen of the United States of America. I do not avail myself of every freedom, such as the right to own a firearm, but I'm not interested in enumerating. Unfortunately for you, you're on the short list of freedoms denied to felons. :shrug: A demagogue like Trump speaks unconstitutionally, but he doesn't run the country and hopefully he'll disappear back into his own Hell-Realm shortly. CIA assassins and other covert operatives are hardly spiritual people, but like politicians, they are the lesser of many potential evils. I'm still fortunate to be an American citizen with all right appertaining. Clearly you harbor your own conspiratorial notions about "answering to God," whatever  that means. Everyone evokes the shorthand word "God" - even the Nazis. It's meaningless in the mouths of the multitudes, meaningful only in the lives of the faithful, philosophical or sage. Naturally, God has lots of mythic descriptions attached to it. The deep psyche is structured with myth.

--------------------

Edited by MarkostheGnostic (03/01/16 09:27 AM)

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | Next >

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Feminized Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder