Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Invisiblelaughingdog
Stranger
 User Gallery
obama care
    #22839343 - 01/29/16 05:14 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

I wonder how many former democrats are ready to go republican after this huge rip off?

It will cost me thousands or a penalty, and I only see a doc to get a generic blood pressure medicine prescription renewed.

There must be many in a similar boat.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinewu wei
I'm a teapot

Loc: Ca
Re: obama care [Re: laughingdog] * 1
    #22839432 - 01/29/16 05:37 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

you're doing it wrong

if you truly believe that, then don't talk about the burden of price and just pay for it yourself. private healthcare doesn't guarantee fair service or good pricing in any way. unless you can afford it, everybody gets the same long-line high-cost privatized healthcare unless you're a millionaire

republicans care much less about healthcare (and healthcare as a right) and have repeatedly obstructed that democratic vision by forcing unreasonable compromise on what is a human right and should be free. it's really republicans' fault why you're in the position you are in. maybe all republicans have high blood pressure though? weight of the strain of all that money tying them down, or the weight of the dream of being in their shoes some day. anyway..

fat cats

--------------------

1. Sentient beings are numberless. We vow to save them all.
2. Delusions are endless. We vow to cut through them all.
3. The teachings are infinite. We vow to learn them all.
4. The Buddha Way is inconceivable. We vow to attain it.

Edited by wu wei (01/29/16 06:09 PM)

Offlinefivepointer
    #22839567 - 01/29/16 06:10 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

laughingdog said:
I wonder how many former democrats are ready to go republican after this huge rip off?

It will cost me thousands or a penalty, and I only see a doc to get a generic blood pressure medicine prescription renewed.

Actually there are millions in the opposite boat.  Now they no longer have to choose between bankruptcy or medical care.  If they live in a Republican state that did not expand Medicaid, then they still must make the bankruptcy or medical care choice.

OfflineFalcon91Wolvrn03
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: California, US Flag
Re: obama care [Re: laughingdog]
    #22839584 - 01/29/16 06:14 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

laughingdog said:

How can you know what your future medical requirements will be?  What if you get in a car accident, or are diagnosed with cancer?  Insurance will cover you if you're unfortunate enough to need it.  You don't buy home insurance because you expect your home to burn down, you buy it just in case.

Still with that said, I think people like yourself should demand single payer coverage, where you wouldn't have any more premiums to worry about.  That's what Bernie Sanders would give us if he were President.

--------------------
I am in a minority on the shroomery, as I frequently defend the opposing side when they have a point about something or when my side make believes something about them.  I also attack my side if I think they're wrong.  People here get very confused by that and think it means I prefer the other side.

Offlineqman
Stranger

#22839587 - 01/29/16 06:15 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

laughingdog said:

Both parties were in on this "huge rip off", Republicans didn't even offer the proper arguments to this scam.

Edited by qman (01/29/16 06:22 PM)

OfflineFalcon91Wolvrn03
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: obama care [Re: fivepointer]
    #22839598 - 01/29/16 06:18 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

wu wei said:
republicans care much less about healthcare (and healthcare as a right) and have repeatedly obstructed that democratic vision by forcing unreasonable compromise on what is a human right and should be free.

Quote:

fivepointer said:
If they live in a Republican state that did not expand Medicaid, then they still must make the bankruptcy or medical care choice.

Exactly.  :thumbup:

--------------------
I am in a minority on the shroomery, as I frequently defend the opposing side when they have a point about something or when my side make believes something about them.  I also attack my side if I think they're wrong.  People here get very confused by that and think it means I prefer the other side.

Offlineorison
mcfluffysugarnuts

Re: obama care [Re: Falcon91Wolvrn03]
    #22839609 - 01/29/16 06:21 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

280 a month with hitler care.. :blowme:
80 a month with my company.. :omgawesome:

--------------------

Invisiblelaughingdog
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: obama care [Re: qman]
    #22839634 - 01/29/16 06:28 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

qman said:
Both parties were in on this "huge rip off", Republicans didn't even offer the proper arguments to this scam.

yup

but the dems won't repeal, it

$6000.00 / year insurance is not fair, for one guy who hasn't seen a doc, except for a mandatory perescription renewal, for a harmless PB drug, in a decade

OfflineFalcon91Wolvrn03
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #22839798 - 01/29/16 07:12 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

orison319 said:
280 a month with hitler care.. :blowme:
80 a month with my company.. :omgawesome:

Quote:

laughingdog said:
the dems won't repeal, it

$6000.00 / year insurance is not fair, for one guy who hasn't seen a doc, except for a mandatory perescription renewal, for a harmless PB drug, in a decade

Sounds like both of you should vote for Bernie - health insurance with NO premiums.

--------------------

InvisibleShins
Fun guy
Male User Gallery

Re: obama care [Re: wu wei]
    #22840085 - 01/29/16 08:45 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

wu wei said:
you're doing it wrong

if you truly believe that, then don't talk about the burden of price and just pay for it yourself. private healthcare doesn't guarantee fair service or good pricing in any way. unless you can afford it, everybody gets the same long-line high-cost privatized healthcare unless you're a millionaire

republicans care much less about healthcare (and healthcare as a right) and have repeatedly obstructed that democratic vision by forcing unreasonable compromise on what is a human right and should be free. it's really republicans' fault why you're in the position you are in. maybe all republicans have high blood pressure though? weight of the strain of all that money tying them down, or the weight of the dream of being in their shoes some day. anyway..

fat cats

If healthcare is free, where are you going to find doctors who will work for free?  Where are you going to find free medical supplies etc?

--------------------
http://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/

Invisiblelaughingdog
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: obama care [Re: Shins]
    #22840791 - 01/29/16 11:57 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Shins said:
If healthcare is free, where are you going to find doctors who will work for free?  Where are you going to find free medical supplies etc?

who said anything about free? cost me $35 to see a doc in 1990--none of this bullshit. paid cash for my kids birth in '78.

...but to have one's blood sucked for years....

Offlinefivepointer
    #22840995 - 01/30/16 01:41 AM (8 years, 1 month ago)

You can always go without insurance.  They have no legal way to collect the fine for no insurance.  Just make sure you never get a refund and they can't do anything.

The ACA is not perfect, but it is much better than no ACA.  As long as you can control your income very low cost insurance, after the subsidies, is possible.  If the income is low enough free coverage is available, provided your state legislators decided to not screw the poor for no good reason.

Edited by fivepointer (01/30/16 01:46 AM)

InvisiblePrisoner#1
Even Dumber ThanAdvertized!
 User Gallery

Loc: Pvt. Pubfag NutSuck
Re: obama care [Re: wu wei]
    #22841719 - 01/30/16 10:31 AM (8 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

wu wei said:
you're doing it wrong

I cant afford health insurance through my employer, before obama care took
effect I did have insurance through them, it cost me $327/mo, as obamacare
took effect it kept going up, by the second price increase I was over
$450/mo, it became a choice of feeding my kids or keeping them insured, I was
forced to continue paying for another 4 months because of the 'open enrollment'
bullshit. there have been 5 premium increases since I dropped my insurance

of course since insurance is now mandatory, I did go to the obamacare website to
attempt at enrolling, my second attempt it said my children qualified for
medicaid but I would have to continue to purchase insurance, that would cost me
$600/month... I still do not have insurance, I busted my ankle so it went
untreated, my daughter broke her arm and her bills came to a total of $32,000,
something that just a few years before shouldnt have cost more than $4000

so tell me, what part of the affordable care act has made healthcare affordable?

Quote:

fat cats

complete and utter horse shit, not a single vote from republicans was needed in
order to push obamacare through the house and senate, republicans couldnt have
blocked the bill even if they tried, dont try blaming republicans for this pile
of shit that's been costing tax payers more and putting hardships on those of us
with lower income that somehow still do not qualify for subsidies. maybe you
should stop listening to the dickheads in DC that love to blame republicans for
the ineptitude of the democrats

InvisiblePrisoner#1
 User Gallery

Re: obama care [Re: fivepointer]
    #22841732 - 01/30/16 10:34 AM (8 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

fivepointer said:
You can always go without insurance.  They have no legal way to collect the fine for no insurance.  Just make sure you never get a refund and they can't do anything.

it's deducted from your income tax return

Quote:

The ACA is not perfect, but it is much better than no ACA.  As long as you can control your income very low cost insurance, after the subsidies, is possible.  If the income is low enough free coverage is available, provided your state legislators decided to not screw the poor for no good reason.

where the fuck are my subsidies. I'm well into a poverty level income and yet
myself and my children are uninsured because there are no subsidies for me

OfflineFalcon91Wolvrn03
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: obama care [Re: Prisoner#1] * 1
    #22841779 - 01/30/16 10:48 AM (8 years, 1 month ago)

Single payer would solve these problems.  :shrug:

--------------------

InvisiblePrisoner#1
 User Gallery

#22841819 - 01/30/16 11:01 AM (8 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Falcon91Wolvrn03 said:
Single payer would solve these problems.  :shrug:

single payer is what democrats claimed we would get, what happened to
those claims, why were we not given single payer healthcare?

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2009/jul/16/barack-obama/obama-statements-single-payer-have-changed-bit/

OfflineFalcon91Wolvrn03
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: obama care [Re: Prisoner#1] * 1
    #22841847 - 01/30/16 11:06 AM (8 years, 1 month ago)

Because the big insurance corporations were (obviously) opposed to it, and Obama accepted over $20 million from them.  He had to return the favor I guess.

--------------------

Offlinefivepointer
Re: obama care [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #22841950 - 01/30/16 11:41 AM (8 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Prisoner#1 said:
Quote:

fivepointer said:

it's deducted from your income tax return

Quote:

where the fuck are my subsidies. I'm well into a poverty level income and yet
myself and my children are uninsured because there are no subsidies for me

The penalty has no legal method of collection, just don't pay it.  Make sure you get no refund by under withholding, that is the only way they can collect it, through the refund. 

If the insurance cost more than 8.05% of your income you qualify for an exemption from the penalty due to excessive cost.

If you are 400% FPL or lower you should qualify for some subsidy.  And below 250% FPL additional cost sharing reductions in the Silver plans.  Below 138% FPL gets free coverage, if your state expanded.

Edited by fivepointer (01/30/16 11:49 AM)

Invisiblenooneman
Male

Loc: Utah
    #22841997 - 01/30/16 11:53 AM (8 years, 1 month ago)

I pay $244/mo, and it goes up every year. Before Obamacare, I couldn't get insurance due to preexisting conditions. So, it's nice that I can get insurance now, but I can't afford $244. I don't think that taking Obamacare away will lower that price though. I need something that actually lowers that price, and allows me to actually pay for insurance.

I take two fucking medications. You know how much they cost? $7, and $20, and that's with me paying the full price. And I'm getting charged $244 a month for this service of being allowed to pay for my own medications out of pocket.

Obamacare didn't do this. It was like this before. The only thing Obamacare did was allowed me to get covered with preexisting conditions. I'm just saying I need something that actually solves these problems. The legalization of drugs would do nicely...

InvisiblePrisoner#1
 User Gallery

#22842686 - 01/30/16 02:34 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Falcon91Wolvrn03 said:
Because the big insurance corporations were (obviously) opposed to it, and Obama accepted over $20 million from them.  He had to return the favor I guess.

right... the big conspiracy

obama didnt write the bill

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order