Home | Community | Message Board

Shroom Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Wild Bird Seed

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinetrkgsy
e-mail bomber
Loc: Mid-atlantic US
Frustration cha cha cha
    #2283349 - 01/29/04 11:27 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Hey everyone,
I have a jar question. I just innoculated 3 jars a week ago. I checked them today and nothing appears to have happened. The jars have been in a makeshift incubator. This incubator has not been one constant temperature but has rather stayed between 75 and 87 degrees fluctuating throughout.
The jars were prepared as follows
WBS was soaked for 16 hours or so, then drained well, 45 mins to 1 hour if I remember correctly.

The WBS was then loaded into jars(2/3 full) and then pc'd for 75 mins.

The jars have one coffee filter under the lid, then a polyfill lid, then another coffee filter as a dust sheild, however the dust sheild was removed soon after.

I opened one jar, the inner coffee filter was penetrated by the needle so the spores got to the substrate in that jar at least.
The WBS smelled almost the same as before, I could not find any signs of contam, maybe too early to see one or the other.

The 3 inches or so on the bottom of the jar appeared to have busted grains, only the bottom portion though. PC'D too long??

Other than this bottom portion the jars were shakeable, very shakeable. The other two unopened jars did not have as much in the way of busted grains and clumping substrate. Knowing this to be an undesirable trait, I opened the jar with the most busted grains on the bottom.

My spores are somewhat old though maybe 4-6 months.

One other thing was odd too, the first syringe I attempted to use seemed to be faulty. When I tried to remove the cap to expose then needle, the entire needle came off. I replaced it and tried a few more times with the same result. Is this syringe done? If not how can I get this damn cap off?

The syringe I used is only halfway used though, I assume this syringe is cool to use again?

Well that's my story so far, hopefully it gets better with the happy ending and getting the girl and whatnot, but you know how these things go outside of movie theaters.

Any help is much appreciated

Thank you

Trkgsy

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineJetBlackNinja
Pimp-o-licious
Loc: $%^&
Re: Frustration cha cha cha [Re: trkgsy]
    #2283370 - 01/29/04 11:38 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

trkgsy said:
One other thing was odd too, the first syringe I attempted to use seemed to be faulty. When I tried to remove the cap to expose then needle, the entire needle came off. I replaced it and tried a few more times with the same result. Is this syringe done? If not how can I get this damn cap off?

I used my teeth, mind you, this requires you re-sterilize the needle, but a man's gotta do what a man's gotta do.

It doesn't sound like you did anything noticably wrong, maybe a little more time will help.

I was having fruiting trouble since moving, but I realized I was being over-zealous and they pinned after being ignored for about 48 hours. You never , never know.

--------------------

Anonymous

Re: Frustration cha cha cha [Re: trkgsy]
    #2283384 - 01/29/04 11:42 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

use fresh spores.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Wild Bird Seed

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation