Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures

Jump to first unread post Pages: < First | < Back | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | Next > | Last >
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleInocuole
Scalpel of Evil's Bane
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: ★
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Blenderless Liquid Inoculate [Re: PsiloPsychIn]
    #23333158 - 06/11/16 03:25 PM (7 years, 10 months ago)

Anybody got a source on some blunt tip low gauge luer lock needles that could be used for sucking up chunkier liquids such as these?  Was buying some concentrated vapor flavorings and saw they had a 15ga blunt tip so I nabbed that, but I'm thinking something like 14ga or 12ga would be better for LI.

I don't entirely mind pouring but I feel like I could make my technique just a bit tighter and use less in each jar with my 60ml syringe and a blunt needle.

--------------------
                            :rainbowdrink: Tea doesn't work?                            AMU  (Q & A)                  Grain prep for Intergalactic Space Oats :pes:     

Coir-ca-cola
Jokes are funny until they're about you

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblethe_r3dz
Trich Propagator
 User Gallery

Re: Blenderless Liquid Inoculate [Re: Inocuole]
    #23333173 - 06/11/16 03:27 PM (7 years, 10 months ago)

I bought a bunch of them off ebay, I could mail you some if you'd like, they took forever to get here from china. I just foil wrap them and sterilize
14g 4"

They work amazingly for this purpose, it's the whole reason I bought them and I love them.
I also got some 100mL syringes lmao

InvisibleMunchauzen
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Blenderless Liquid Inoculate [Re: the_r3dz]
    #23345456 - 06/14/16 11:16 PM (7 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

the_r3dz said:
I bought a bunch of them off ebay, I could mail you some if you'd like, they took forever to get here from china. I just foil wrap them and sterilize
14g 4"

They work amazingly for this purpose, it's the whole reason I bought them and I love them.
I also got some 100mL syringes lmao

:begger:

Invisiblethe_r3dz
Trich Propagator
 User Gallery

Re: Blenderless Liquid Inoculate [Re: Munchauzen]
    #23345610 - 06/15/16 12:40 AM (7 years, 9 months ago)

You know it dude

InvisibleAdden
I'm a teapot
Loc: Flag
    #23345740 - 06/15/16 01:40 AM (7 years, 9 months ago)

:jah:

InvisibleMunchauzen
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Blenderless Liquid Inoculate [Re: Adden]
    #23409289 - 07/04/16 04:29 AM (7 years, 9 months ago)

:bump2:

Invisibleweetsie
unlicensed tub surgeon
 User Gallery

Loc: United Kingdom Flag
    #23409320 - 07/04/16 05:01 AM (7 years, 9 months ago)

Tried LI for the first time this morning, didn't expect to be able to break up the agar so easily but I saw this tek so I tried it and it worked great. A couple of minutes of hard shaking and it was a nice slurry.

The grain was obviously a bit wet from the LI so I swung the jar only holding onto the lid in an attempt to get the bits of grain stuck to the sides down and of course it went soaring into a cast iron fireplace at the other end of the room. Not sure wtf I was thinking, no mycology before coffee from now on.

--------------------
Active grow logs: Oysters on Straw Pellets
Trade list

InvisibleLocN9ne
ɢᄋᄋd ԲᄋЯ ᄁᄋȚᅢΙᄁɢ ᄂᄋ₩ᄂΙԲᄐ
 User Gallery

Loc: to the brain Flag
Re: Blenderless Liquid Inoculate [Re: weetsie]
    #23409656 - 07/04/16 08:53 AM (7 years, 9 months ago)

:kaneclap:

--------------------

Q&A
US vs. THEM

The more I learn, the less I know.

InvisibleMunchauzen
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Blenderless Liquid Inoculate [Re: LocN9ne]
    #23409686 - 07/04/16 09:05 AM (7 years, 9 months ago)

:rofl: did the jar break?! probably well shook up now if it held up

InvisibleSupalemonhaze
Spore syringe hater.
Male

Loc: 12" down Europe's butthole
    #23409723 - 07/04/16 09:17 AM (7 years, 9 months ago)

I think he meant the lid came off and the jar flew away :lol: That sucks. I've had jars open on me while shaking, sucks balls. One time  I tried shaking two jars at once and hit one with the other, wasn't pretty and I couldn't stop laughing :lol:

InvisibleLocN9ne
ɢᄋᄋd ԲᄋЯ ᄁᄋȚᅢΙᄁɢ ᄂᄋ₩ᄂΙԲᄐ
 User Gallery

Loc: to the brain Flag
Re: Blenderless Liquid Inoculate [Re: Supalemonhaze]
    #23409856 - 07/04/16 10:16 AM (7 years, 9 months ago)

I hit one on my bike tire and it bounced off and out of my hands... :ducklol:

--------------------

Q&A
US vs. THEM

The more I learn, the less I know.

Invisibleweetsie
unlicensed tub surgeon
 User Gallery

Loc: United Kingdom Flag
    #23409896 - 07/04/16 10:31 AM (7 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Supalemonhaze said:
I think he meant the lid came off and the jar flew away :lol: That sucks. I've had jars open on me while shaking, sucks balls. One time  I tried shaking two jars at once and hit one with the other, wasn't pretty and I couldn't stop laughing :lol:

nah lid was on tight, i just let go of the fucker :facepalm3:

Quote:

Munchauzen said:
:rofl: did the jar break?! probably well shook up now if it held up

It traveled about 15ft at speed yet it seems completely unharmed, I spent ages checking it for cracks or chips, i couldn't believe it.

--------------------
Active grow logs: Oysters on Straw Pellets
Trade list

InvisibleSupalemonhaze
Spore syringe hater.
Male

Re: Blenderless Liquid Inoculate [Re: weetsie]
    #23409900 - 07/04/16 10:33 AM (7 years, 9 months ago)

That's lucky :lol:

Invisiblemupetmower
Mower of Muppets
Male User Gallery

Loc: Here and There
Re: Blenderless Liquid Inoculate [Re: Supalemonhaze]
    #23413236 - 07/05/16 10:13 AM (7 years, 9 months ago)

hey, love this tek, just did it yesterday to inoc 12 brf jars.i do have a question/concern about it, though. after you get the culture into the water, and mix it to make the LI, and when you are pouring it into the receiving jars, have you ever noticed that sometimes a small amount of the LI will sorta drip and run down the side of the rim of the LI jar, and run down the threads a little and then drip into the receiving jar?

after a couple pours, you can kinda get it to not happen all the much, by pouring a little quicker. but it seems that no matter what i did, at least a small amount of LI would always run down the edge a tiny bit, and then into the receiving jar. and it doesnt help that you are having to pour very small amounts to not fuck up the moisture content of the jars, etc.

is there any way around this? im sure you could possibly fashion a kinda pouring-lip-thing ont the jar, or maybe even buy one, and cover it in foil like you would the lid anyways, for the PC cycle.

or, am i just worrying too much about it? i mean, that part of the jar is obviously not always sterile, though, because the lid doesnt seal at the bottom of the lid ring. so the edge of the top of the jar, where the threads are, will not be sterile. and then small amounts of LI are going to run down it slightly, and then into the receiving jar, and wouldnt that mean almost certain contam/bacteria?

i mean, I put foil over the lid, and it reached down to the middle of the jar, and i took the jar out of the PC, and put it strait into the SAB, then took the foil off. but then you take it out fo the SAB to shake, so idk. it just seems to me, that there is almost no way around this, without buying/making a pouring spout-thing.

what are everyone's thoughts on this?

to be clear, I am not knocking this tek, because it's an amazing tek, and is amazingly simple, which is awesome. i might just be thinking/worrying too much about it. or hell, maybe i just somehow poured it kinda wrong, and this only happens to me. idk :tardpig:

--------------------
-The wise man never stops seeking knowledge.

-I wanna feel the change consume me, feel the outside turning in. I wanna feel the metamorphosis and cleansing I've endured within.

Invisiblethe_r3dz
Trich Propagator
 User Gallery

Re: Blenderless Liquid Inoculate [Re: mupetmower]
    #23413267 - 07/05/16 10:23 AM (7 years, 9 months ago)

Obviously munch is going to have a better answer
especially since I haven't done this in a while, but I did do it successfully a couple times.

I don't think I really had to deal with the problem you are referring to, I tend to splash the water into the receiving jar pretty quickly, a quick turn and hope for the best, I'd get the amount of liquid I wanted into the jar and then move the liquid away, if some gets on the floor of the sab that still sounds better than runoff from the sides

I also don't remember if I took the jar out of the SAB to shake it, is that in the tek?
I tend to use grain water agar which is much softer, works fucking great for this because it barely needs to be shook to break up.

Invisiblemupetmower
Mower of Muppets
Male User Gallery

Loc: Here and There
    #23413289 - 07/05/16 10:29 AM (7 years, 9 months ago)

heh, yeah my agar was WAY too hard, so i had to shake the shit out of it, just to break it in half =p

but yeah, in his vid, he takes it out to shake it.

i also tried doing the pull away after i have what i want in the jar, and hope that none drips from the rim into it. guess it just takes lots of practice. i mean, it didnt run but maybe 1/4in-1/2in down the rim, where the threads are, but i still dont like that.

im sure it's more me than anything else, and that i just need to practice more. hope they wil be ok. with them being brf jars, they should be a little better off than if they wouldve been if grain, so thats good haha.

--------------------
-The wise man never stops seeking knowledge.

-I wanna feel the change consume me, feel the outside turning in. I wanna feel the metamorphosis and cleansing I've endured within.

InvisibleMunchauzen
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Blenderless Liquid Inoculate [Re: mupetmower]
    #23413316 - 07/05/16 10:35 AM (7 years, 9 months ago)

Never noticed that but it could very well be the source of my occasional contamination.

You can buy pp5 drinking lids (they come with a big fat straw too) at the canning section where u get the jars. The Tribe's brf slurry in a hurry tek uses this lid.

Other than the pour lid, you could make syringes, which I'm not crazy about.

Additionally you could keep an iso paper towel handy to clean up any drips on the threads.

InvisibleBloby
Stranger

#23426175 - 07/09/16 10:43 AM (7 years, 9 months ago)

Is it just the extra step that makes you stay away from syringes? It seems to me that getting the LI into the jar with a syringe is significantly less risky than pouring as the lid only needs to be opened less than a cm, however if the syringe gets contaminated  then I guess so will everything.

I suppose the extra mass from the LI being added to the jar would force air out of the jar in either case so contaminates wont be floating in to much if done quickly anyway.

Awesome tek btw, I'm going to be giving it a go soon coupled with your 123 agar recipe :smile:

InvisibleSupalemonhaze
Spore syringe hater.
Male

Re: Blenderless Liquid Inoculate [Re: Bloby]
    #23426192 - 07/09/16 10:49 AM (7 years, 9 months ago)

Syringes can be easily contaminated, regardless of your sterile tek. If your sterile tek is on point, opening the jar is easier.

I notice that syringes contaminate easy after a couple of PC cycles and if you use ports, the syringe can easily tear a bit of silicone/rubber and contaminate your grains with it.

Pouring is faster as well, the only possible downside is that it's not as accurate as a syringe. You get used to pouring pretty easily though, especially if you pour your agar rather than no-pours.

InvisibleMunchauzen
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Blenderless Liquid Inoculate [Re: Bloby]
    #23426217 - 07/09/16 10:59 AM (7 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Bloby said:
Is it just the extra step that makes you stay away from syringes? It seems to me that getting the LI into the jar with a syringe is significantly less risky than pouring as the lid only needs to be opened less than a cm, however if the syringe gets contaminated  then I guess so will everything.

I suppose the extra mass from the LI being added to the jar would force air out of the jar in either case so contaminates wont be floating in to much if done quickly anyway.

Awesome tek btw, I'm going to be giving it a go soon coupled with your 123 agar recipe :smile:

Syringe's don't hold enough for this technique. You would an army of syringes to do 10 jars with this method. 50ml=50cc. If you planned on reusing leftover 10cc spore syringes, thats 5 syringes for every single jar. :eek:

plus, syringes suck, all around. injecting through a ship isn't my cup of tea either. with good technique, you will have a higher rate of success by opening the lid and pouring within a SAB than you will injecting through a ship.

And as for barely opening the lid, this is why you use a SAB.

Jump to top Pages: < First | < Back | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | Next > | Last >

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures