Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Anonymous #1

Re: irritable bowel syndrome [Re: HB]
    #2332023 - 02/13/04 06:53 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

You mention above a "cure" for IBD...what is this? I am assuming its a prescription of some sort. I know there are a few on the market that don't work reliably and of course Zelnorm for females.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblehawk
Stranger
Re: irritable bowel syndrome [Re: Organic]
    #2335748 - 02/14/04 09:47 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Look into Reishi but take it with food and vit c. I have a friend who swears by it.

Anonymous #1

Re: irritable bowel syndrome [Re: hawk]
    #2337011 - 02/15/04 11:05 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

I've actually tried it once before, after reading up on its antibiotic properties.  I only had 2 extract pills as a sample from an online supplier.  It helped a little bit the first day (when 1 was taken with a full glass of OJ and light meal), but my stomach seemed in withdrawal the next day without Reishi.  Kind of like my results with using opiates.  Gave the other one to my girlfriend for her respiratory infection which worked wonders.  Thanks for the tip though, and I will give it another try whenever I find some more reishi  :mushroom2: :thumbup:

Invisiblehawk
Stranger
    #2345176 - 02/17/04 10:21 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Go to an asian herbal store and get the fresh whole stuff, the pills are not as good. I hope things work out for you.

Edited by hawk (02/17/04 10:21 AM)

OfflineHB
Male User Gallery

#2357085 - 02/19/04 10:52 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

there is no 'absolute cure' and some people have uncurable IBD as far as i know, though trying different things is all anybody with a gastrointestinal disease can do ... it's never 'one size fits all' unfortunately =\

i dont know much about IBD in particular because i have crohns, so my symptoms and meds vary a bit ...

Anonymous #1

#2357194 - 02/19/04 11:21 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Cool, thanks for clarifying  :thumbup:

Invisiblehawk
Stranger
    #2364251 - 02/21/04 03:15 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

I thought that was understood, We all know their are no absolutes in life thanks for clarifying that for me.

Anonymous #1

#2364490 - 02/21/04 04:05 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

since seeing the doctor, all of my ailments are fading away heavily, and crohn's isn't even nearly as treatable as simple IBD  (because crohn's is not curable ... IBD is)

hawk: I'm not sure why you replied or the point of it  :oogle:, but I think many of us know there are not many (or possibly as you suggest, none) absolutes in life.  just wanted to clarify HB's statement.  peace :wink:

OfflineHB
Male User Gallery

#2371311 - 02/23/04 09:40 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

boy you sure told me

Offlinenemesis
Stranger

#2382390 - 02/27/04 08:33 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Wow, I am suprised how many people have experienced the same thing. I had a severe stomach bacterial infection at one stage, actually the only bactera which can exist in the stomach and I left that for awhile and it was the darkest depression I've ever known. After abit I started treating and it got alot better but for a year I was left with depression/mood swings, irritibility, social anxiety .. and my entire lifestyle had a role on this serious problem in my life.

I decided to take action, I visited doctors, took various colon pills, they helped, it was mainly constipation due to bad diet health in general. It was what kept me in this depression for awhile.

I started getting better, going out more despite my anxiety and I was the genaral run-of-the-mill geek before so I decided to get more active.

I started fasting this year, it is a pillar of Islam, that we fast for a month, every day from sunrise till sunset.
Fasting is the best form of bodily cleansing and this method is showen to be very effective. I fast now 3 days a month in general voluntary.

Metamucil, fibre is important, eat more fruit. And in general try to be more active towards the problem, it might seem difficult now but it is easy. I was on a path from hell to Hell.

Sleeping habits, OH YES, my Dad was telling me for MONTHS because it all has to do with the biological clock. Your body is set to sleep best during the night and the eat and be active during the day, due to the precise release of serotonin and melatonin. I now sleep at nightfall, no later then 9-10pm, and wake up before sunrise for morning prayer.
The health benefits are grand, how refreshed you feel with the best quality 7 - 8 hours sleep. It was the long sleep which was a key factor, that is a symptom of anxiety disorders, the extra sleep is useless and your mind wander and you end up getting into an anxietic thought pattern during the last hours which is when your supposed to be eating so your body is in a negative state. It is shown that over 8 hours sleep is actually useless the body requires no more then 8 and feeling like you need more is due to bad diet. So again it all plays a role. People who get 10 hours sleep has a death rate ascioated with moderate obesity!

I am still recovering but alot happier now, more at peeace.
I found cannabis can have a negative effect to anxiety, set and setting are key, so becareful, I found alot of the time that was a trigger to an anxiety attack.

Irritable bowel syndrome was what I got diagnosed with and bowels all are a state of mental and physical factors.
Duality is DEAD!!!!!!!
Qi qong is effective for general health, and Tai Chi.

Sleep, food, lifestyle, exercise, general attitude and you'll be on your way in no time. Patience is the most important thing.
It is Islam which helped me out of that dark era of my life and now on a road to Eternal Peace. The general lifestyle of a Muslim is one of physical and mental health, no alcohol, the best sleeping patterns, the physical and mental benefits of prayer and fasting. SubhaanAllah! (Glory be to God!)

"Patience and tolerance are half of faith." -Prophet Muhammad(peace and blessing be upon him)

Meditation in God is my capital.
Reason and sound logic are the root of my existence.
Love is the foundation of my existence.
Enthusiasm is the vehicle of my life.
Contemplation of Allah is my companion.
Faith is the source of my power.
Sorrow is my friend.
Knowledge is my weapon.
Patience is my clothing and virtue.
Submission to the Divine Will is my pride.
Truth is my salvation.
Worship is my habit.
And in prayer lies the coolness of my eye and my peace of mind.

(Preserved by Hazrat Ali)

"What actions are most excellent?
To gladden the heart of a human being,
to feed the hungry, to help the afflicted,
to lighten the sorrow of the sorrowful, and to remove the wrongs of the injured." -Prophet Muhammad(saws)

Peace be upon you seeker and good luck on your path may Light be your guide.

--------------------
May Peace and fellicity smile on those who seek it.

OfflineJameZTheNewbie
The Mahatma OfZalu

Loc: pass the gates of hell 2 ...
Re: irritable bowel syndrome [Re: nemesis]
    #2390599 - 03/01/04 09:07 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

thanks nemesis. although i do not follow any religion i think the words you spoke are true no matter your faith. and i will think about them. as for exercise and eating and sleeping habbits im on my way to improoving all of these and already my stomach is feeling better.

Peace

--------------------
Mice have feelings

OfflineBlackbeard
Methinks Stedeca 'na Sail

Re: irritable bowel syndrome [Re: JameZTheNewbie]
    #2400795 - 03/03/04 11:03 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

I would second some of the above esp. Evolved. Some thoughts to add: If you sleep and wake in a normal pattern your own steroidal release will be more in tune with your body. i.e your own steroidal or cortisol will come up between 0900 and 1000 each morning.

second, tea esp green tea is a great natural anti-inflammatory and will help reduce the swelling and pain in the guts you may have.

third, If you live in the US a good substance to eat, at least once per day is Cheerios.

Fourth, A couple of ounces of wine and some blackened or charred wheat toast taken in the evening will also help.

Anonymous #1

Re: irritable bowel syndrome [Re: Blackbeard]
    #2401573 - 03/04/04 06:42 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Interesting, but...the thing is that there are so many conflicting ideas on IBD treatment that it is almost impossible to find one that really works. Great info on sleeping

I've read to avoid milk (no cheerios), no alcohol (no wine), and no wheat products (no toast!).

Invisibleshroomsi8
Kadiddle Hooper(Iazinguaswinzagshwamomiter)

#2401685 - 03/04/04 08:10 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Take Psyllium husk and 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar in 8 oz water. eliminate all denatured foods such as- sugar, wheat, meat, alcohol, and milk

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order