Home | Community | Message Board

Magic Mushrooms Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineKilling Hours
Time keeps on slippin'

Re: FAE - Glass Fishtank [Re: Pastywhyte]
    #22828295 - 01/26/16 08:28 PM (8 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Pastywhyte said:
Because as your dew point rises you will have more condensation. If you get too much it's going to pool on the horizontal surfaces. A vertical setup like a Martha has a greater air volume than most fish tanks will and can cycle the air more effectively and will not become saturated as quick. The smaller fish tank setup is going to reach saturation much quicker meaning that slight changes are going to have far more impact. This will make it much harder to dial in.

As you compensate for this by bringing in more fresh (dry) air you run the risk of drying it out. It's also good to note that spiking RH levels are going to cause the mushrooms to split. Gradual fluctuation in RH is fine and healthy but quick spikes and drops in RH will be bad for the fruits.

We don't usually bother to explain all this for a few reasons the main one being that by the time any of it starts to make sense to most people they have already either failed with a contraption or have built a proper system and don't care to attempt reinventing the wheel anymore.

The other reason of course is we see 1000s of posts like this. People get sick of explaining. What it boils down to is if you want to grow mushrooms do as your told and in time the rest will become clear :spank:

Thanks again for another clear explanation!

The rapid RH spikes were something I hadn't even considered but make all the sense in the world.

Quote:

The other reason of course is we see 1000s of posts like this. People get sick of explaining.

Maybe some wiser folks such as yourself could compile a good list of reasons as to why fish tanks make terrible FC's and make it a sticky in the cultivation section. When I searched the net for information on how to set something like this up, I kept getting results on how people attempted it but never really any good resource detailing the pitfalls of the setup. (I'm not trying to burden you with the task, just tossing an idea to a mod)

It might help to eliminate some of the repetitiveness on the subject. Hell... if I had the know how and experience failing at using a fishtank setup... I'd gladly compile the list.

Even with information in your two replies alone you've made a compelling case against it that hopefully people will find if they go searching as I did for these same types of answers.

Thank you again for your time and expertise! I'm sorry to add to the extensive list of dummies who question why it can't be used.

:whiteflag:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract