Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]
OfflineRavendance
Wizzerd
Male User Gallery

Loc: Earth
The reason I am a smoker (theory)
    #22817041 - 01/23/16 09:41 PM (8 years, 2 months ago)

I've tried to quit smoking cigarettes many times, and always realize how hard it is for me to do that. I also drink more coffee than anyone you've ever met in your life. And I've also had problems with cocaine before (but fuck that).

I have a theory that the reason I have such an affinity for stimulants is because I was on Ritalin my whole childhood for "ADHD". I quit taking it after high school but I think it fucked with my dopamine for so long that I might never get by without daily stimulants ever again (I haven't not been under the influence of some type of stimulant since I was like 8 years old if you think about it and that's scary).

I've tried not drinking coffee or smoking cigarettes or one or the other but even if I just cut out one of those I just feel like shit.  I don't want to smoke cigarettes anymore but I can't picture not smoking.

What do you think?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibleimpatientguy
Ganjalf a very mighty lab wizard
Male User Gallery

Loc: USA
Re: The reason I am a smoker (theory) [Re: Ravendance]
    #22817101 - 01/23/16 09:57 PM (8 years, 2 months ago)

If you want to live long and healthy the cigarettes gotta go.

The coffee is probably actually good for you, and is absolutely the lesser of the two evils.

This theory is somthing I've also concluded, and is reason I feel like I need to smoke weed.

But as I get older the need to be fucked up is fading. Maybe your cigarette habbit will fade too, with your help of coarse.

--------------------
Super clean spore printing method: https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/5276177

OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

Loc: South Florida Flag
Re: The reason I am a smoker (theory) [Re: Ravendance] * 1
    #22817109 - 01/23/16 09:59 PM (8 years, 2 months ago)

People do not get addicted to nicotine patches or nicotine gum. Cigarettes contribute to ritual and repetitive patterns that contribute to a self-soothing behavior (one that is disease-ridden and potentially fatal in the long run). It's not the nicotine so much as the ritual. Try it. Get on transdermal nicotine and off of cigarettes. Your behavior used to be called neurotic when psychoanalysis ruled psychology.  Xanthine stimulants like caffeine and chocolate do not give the dopinergic system the same euphoric type of stimulation (obviously) that amphetamines and phenetylamines like Ritalin® provide. My best guestimation is that your problem is psychogenic in nature, not physiological. But claiming that it is physiological will certainly justify the self-poisoning and death-wish that you are committed to cultivating. :shrug:

--------------------
γνῶθι σαὐτόν - Gnothi Seauton - Know Thyself

InvisibleEminence
Male

Loc: Richmond, VA Flag
    #22817159 - 01/23/16 10:12 PM (8 years, 2 months ago)

You only feel like shit until you don't. You WILL feel much better after quitting smoking and get over the cravings, 100%. Post up a picture of a set of fucked up smoker's lungs by your bathroom mirror or something lol, and just chew on a straw or some gum when you get a craving. I've tried quitting multiple times too, dunno what was different about this time but I'm nicotine free now for like a month and a half and feeling a hell of a lot better.

--------------------

OfflineRavendance
Wizzerd
Male User Gallery

Re: The reason I am a smoker (theory) [Re: MarkostheGnostic]
    #22817236 - 01/23/16 10:31 PM (8 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

MarkostheGnostic said:
People do not get addicted to nicotine patches or nicotine gum. Cigarettes contribute to ritual and repetitive patterns that contribute to a self-soothing behavior (one that is disease-ridden and potentially fatal in the long run). It's not the nicotine so much as the ritual. Try it. Get on transdermal nicotine and off of cigarettes. Your behavior used to be called neurotic when psychoanalysis ruled psychology.  Xanthine stimulants like caffeine and chocolate do not give the dopinergic system the same euphoric type of stimulation (obviously) that amphetamines and phenetylamines like Ritalin® provide. My best guestimation is that your problem is psychogenic in nature, not physiological. But claiming that it is physiological will certainly justify the self-poisoning and death-wish that you are committed to cultivating. :shrug:

Right on, don't feed the wolf :thumbup:.  Thanks for that self-awareness check.

InvisibleRahz
Alive Again
Male

#22817484 - 01/24/16 01:05 AM (8 years, 2 months ago)

Patches never worked for me, or anyone I know who used them.

E-cig has worked, as well for over 50% of those I've spoken with who have used them. Those that didn't switch weren't really concerned about their smoking, it was just a novelty.

--------------------
rahz

comfort pleasure power love truth awareness peace

"The object of opening the mind, as of opening the mouth, is to shut it again on something solid." - Gilbert Keith Chesterton

Offlinezzripz
Stranger

Loc: Manchester, UK
    #22817784 - 01/24/16 05:39 AM (8 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Ravendance said:
I've tried to quit smoking cigarettes many times, and always realize how hard it is for me to do that. I also drink more coffee than anyone you've ever met in your life. And I've also had problems with cocaine before (but fuck that).

I have a theory that the reason I have such an affinity for stimulants is because I was on Ritalin my whole childhood for "ADHD". I quit taking it after high school but I think it fucked with my dopamine for so long that I might never get by without daily stimulants ever again (I haven't not been under the influence of some type of stimulant since I was like 8 years old if you think about it and that's scary).

I've tried not drinking coffee or smoking cigarettes or one or the other but even if I just cut out one of those I just feel like shit.  I don't want to smoke cigarettes anymore but I can't picture not smoking.

What do you think?

Read ing that I get the mixed emotions of , my heart really goes out to you, and fukin outrage, the tearing heads of kind, though am cool typing. I am so angry of how this culture abuses children in the enforced 'education' system. That latter alone is massive abuse, but now they've added their toxic drugs into the evil mix, and the child is defensless. What defense does he have. All he can do is trust the grownups, and those even include parents and guardians now who are taken over by this cultural opressive abuse being done even to their own kids. I don't think we can get lower than this!!

I cannot tell you how much I hate school, and then they could assault you, and they did to me, but at that time there were no drugs. What Ritalin is bascially is speed. They will do dealers and buyers on the streets in their phony 'war on drugs' and yet push the same crap to more and more children. Have you heard of Dr Fred Baughman. he is this great activist against kids being drugged, and he tells of kids dying from those drugs also.

It is not only schoolchildren that get targeted, even worse are kids in 'care;. They can end up on cocktails of drugs!

What compensation to people get whose lives have been ruined by this institutions? Jack sht is what. They just go on ruining more lives. This civilization is absolutely insane. Be under no doubt about that!

OK, my little story--I started cmoking from being 10. In those times everyone smoked who was 'cool', There were TV ads, it was allowed everywhere. Rock stars, fuilm stars, sports people--all freekin smoked. My homies were average 3 years older, and I needed to fit in. I graduated to cannabis when 15 and then for many years latter cmoke smok toke toke and then more toke, but mixed with baccy and then about 5 years ago, i QUIT. Now I dont smoke.
I occurred to me unnervingly in hidsight that I had only ever had memory interacting with others on drugs (cause baccy is also a drug)!

So you also feel hooked on caffiene. All I can do is offer this advice:

OK, look up Edward Bernays (master of propaganda) and see how he got women to smoke. IE a lot of whty we get hooked is to do with smidey mindsets exploit our fuked-up-edness for their profit and power. This culture is oppressive and puts us in a cage, physically and psychologically and spiritually. So may of us feel that the only escape is via downers and/or stimulants, and in more and more cases like you, kids in schools are trained to think to be successful and good you meed to me up 'uppers'

So what I em encouraging you to try is see through their evil BS, and you do this by exploring their mind-control tactics, and the cage they've put us in

ALSO psychedelics. You can explore this also, and you dont have to take big doses. These are not drug drugs but liberators. They help us experience ecstasy/release, and the seeing through BS, and then to integrate this into day to day life

what do you think?

Offlinezzripz
Stranger

#22818074 - 01/24/16 09:07 AM (8 years, 2 months ago)

some more thought: You know when you really want a ciggie? You get a certain taste? Well instead of lighting up get into that taste. explore that taste. soon it also passes

remember the empty feeling you can get-and nasty taste in mouth--when you stub a cig-end out. See that sense of emptiness

Think of the money you will save if you quit!!

What I do also  sometimes is phantom-smoke. This is me pretending I am lighting up and smoking, and I will copy the whole pretensions of it and the different ways people smoke, male and female and this makes me laugh at the whole shit lol. I of course dont use a real unlit cigarette

As for coffee. Instead of totally quitting right off. Try and just have one time of the day you have one, and dont pile it on a spoon, and I am sure you will savour that one cup more than many

As for other drinks try green tea. Green tea with mint (is combined 'Clipper') is really mice (is what I have about once a day)

InvisibleWhite Beard

Re: The reason I am a smoker (theory) [Re: Ravendance] * 1
    #22818079 - 01/24/16 09:08 AM (8 years, 2 months ago)

OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

Re: The reason I am a smoker (theory) [Re: Rahz]
    #22818835 - 01/24/16 12:19 PM (8 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Rahz said:
Patches never worked for me, or anyone I know who used them.

E-cig has worked, as well for over 50% of those I've spoken with who have used them. Those that didn't switch weren't really concerned about their smoking, it was just a novelty.

And now the dangers of vaping are being shown, one of which is a carcinogen in some of the flavorings.

--------------------

InvisibleRahz
Alive Again
Male

#22819739 - 01/24/16 04:40 PM (8 years, 2 months ago)

I read something regarding popcorn lung, but the condition is caused by inhalation of a powered chemical. The same chemical is used in some e-cig flavorings but in liquid form it's not clear there's any risk involved. No evidence of popcorn lung so far after 7-8 years of these products being available.

I haven't heard of a carcinogen risk associated with flavorings, though it wouldn't surprise me. Still, most flavorings are sourced from the same used for food flavoring. Different vector and quantity consumed over time but they should be GRAS. It may be possible at the temps used to vaporize some of these chemicals that structural changes can take place, though I can't say one way or another. When I quit smoking I was using 36mg/ml (which I don't suggest). Currently at 6 mg/ml. Will likely be nicotine free within the next year.

I don't have any hard stats but I suspect the tobacco cessation rate using the e-cig eclipses any other method. That's a good thing. If there are dangers involved they will be shown over time and the product will only improve. If tobacco companies and certain politicians had their way most e-cig users would still be smoking tobacco.

My step-dad tells what he considers a humorous story about his attempt with patches. He ended up smoking while using the patches because they didn't end his cravings. Eventually he quit using patches and went through withdraw while still smoking (that that part that makes him chuckle).

--------------------
rahz

comfort pleasure power love truth awareness peace

"The object of opening the mind, as of opening the mouth, is to shut it again on something solid." - Gilbert Keith Chesterton

InvisibleWhite Beard

#22819768 - 01/24/16 04:52 PM (8 years, 2 months ago)

iirc, a study managed to produce carcinogens from a vape, but only when they cranked the voltage up to unrealistic levels. No carcinogens were detected at normal voltages.

would be nice to find out what you say about popcorn lung is true... i read that the chemicals associated with it are often used in the fruity/buttery flavours, so i switched to tobacco flavoured juice.

InvisibleIcelander
The Minstrel in the Gallery
Male

Loc: underbelly
Re: The reason I am a smoker (theory) [Re: White Beard]
    #22819773 - 01/24/16 04:54 PM (8 years, 2 months ago)

:laugh:

--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

#22820271 - 01/24/16 06:54 PM (8 years, 2 months ago)

I'm fortunate in that I never even took a single puff on a cigarette. I was, no doubt, nicotine addicted at birth from a mother who smoked throughout both of her pregnancies.

--------------------

Offlineolson
Stranger

#22820370 - 01/24/16 07:22 PM (8 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

White Beard said:
iirc, a study managed to produce carcinogens from a vape, but only when they cranked the voltage up to unrealistic levels. No carcinogens were detected at normal voltages.

would be nice to find out what you say about popcorn lung is true... i read that the chemicals associated with it are often used in the fruity/buttery flavours, so i switched to tobacco flavoured juice.

Yeah the popcorn lung thing is total bogus. The levels of diacetyl in regular cigerettes is something like 15-800 times higher and smokers don't even get popcorn lung.
All this effort to demonize e-cigs is only proving how safe they really are.

OP try e-cigarettes if you haven't already. They are the most effective smoking cessation device ever made.

--------------------

Kinesin, a motor protein, shuttling a vesicle full of cargo
such as glucose or even neurotransmitters across a cell.
This little guy struts along the microtubule using ATP as fuel.

OfflineRavendance
Wizzerd
Male User Gallery

Re: The reason I am a smoker (theory) [Re: olson] * 1
    #22821060 - 01/24/16 10:23 PM (8 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

zzripz said:
what do you think?

Yeah man I was put on ritalin for being hyperactive, then I developed an "anxiety problem" (wonder why? I was a 10 year old tweaking on amphetamines) so they put me on anti-anxiety meds AND antidepressants. I could never sleep (probably from the ritalin) so I was prescribed a sleeping pill (that "sleeping pill" was Geodon, a POWERFUL antipsychotic with NASTY side effects. Look it up and then ask yourself why they gave this to a child for sleep).

I was also prescribed as-needed xanax for the frequent panic attacks that I would have.

After a long time I tried to commit suicide (many times) because I was so doped up and not thinking clearly. I spent a few stints in a psych ward during which time they put me on more medications on top of the ones I was on. I spent Christmas in a psych ward one year.

There are years that I don't even remember at all, every morning taking a handful of pills and a couple at bed.

Needless to say I had a pretty rough growing-up.

Then in high school I took mushrooms and "met god" and WOKE UP. 

After this, it took me 2 years to get off of all that shit and I wanted to die every single day during this time because I was constantly withdrawling from one medication or another, but fought really hard because of the revelation I had of hope and freedom.

I dropped out of high school because of all that shit too (See the irony in that? A lifetime of depression, a robbed childhood, and no high school diploma all for the sake of doing better at school)

Today I am a relatively happy, normal (not at all) guy that like to take psychedelics and travel and play my guitar and I credit that to mushrooms (or the experience that I had on them).

That's what I think

Edited by Ravendance (01/25/16 12:13 AM)

InvisibleCognitive_Shift
CS actual
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #22821314 - 01/24/16 11:56 PM (8 years, 2 months ago)

Nicotine is a stimulant.  Maybe you can't stop smoking because nicotine is a highly addictive substance.  I quit using dip shortly after x-mas and I have a longgggg history of drug addiction.  It's possible to quit, you just have to give a fuck.

--------------------
L'enfer est plein de bonnes volontés et désirs

Offlinezzripz
Stranger

Re: The reason I am a smoker (theory) [Re: Eminence]
    #22821749 - 01/25/16 04:44 AM (8 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Eminence said:
You only feel like shit until you don't. You WILL feel much better after quitting smoking and get over the cravings, 100%. Post up a picture of a set of fucked up smoker's lungs by your bathroom mirror or something lol, and just chew on a straw or some gum when you get a craving. I've tried quitting multiple times too, dunno what was different about this time but I'm nicotine free now for like a month and a half and feeling a hell of a lot better.

Great well done :smile: Does this mean ALL smoking? I ask because I did quit smoking and toking( but by that time I had quit ciggies BUT always mixed my skunk with baccy). I developed this little cough, and I instinctively Googled something and found out that when you quit smoking your windpipes in your body start regrowing little fine hairs that inhalation and exhalation of smoke had 'deforested'. So I used this image of seeing and feeling my delicate pipes all becoming pink, and fresh with re-growth again, and soon my cough disappeared.

Also let me add that several years before I quit, I had met this older guy who had quit smoking for years and years, and he told me this horrific shit of how tobacco is mixed with all kind of chemical crap too!

Edited by zzripz (01/25/16 04:46 AM)

Offlinezzripz
Stranger

#22821778 - 01/25/16 05:02 AM (8 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Ravendance said:
Quote:

zzripz said:
what do you think?

Yeah man I was put on ritalin for being hyperactive, then I developed an "anxiety problem" (wonder why? I was a 10 year old tweaking on amphetamines) so they put me on anti-anxiety meds AND antidepressants. I could never sleep (probably from the ritalin) so I was prescribed a sleeping pill (that "sleeping pill" was Geodon, a POWERFUL antipsychotic with NASTY side effects. Look it up and then ask yourself why they gave this to a child for sleep).

I was also prescribed as-needed xanax for the frequent panic attacks that I would have.

After a long time I tried to commit suicide (many times) because I was so doped up and not thinking clearly. I spent a few stints in a psych ward during which time they put me on more medications on top of the ones I was on. I spent Christmas in a psych ward one year.

There are years that I don't even remember at all, every morning taking a handful of pills and a couple at bed.

Needless to say I had a pretty rough growing-up.

Then in high school I took mushrooms and "met god" and WOKE UP. 

After this, it took me 2 years to get off of all that shit and I wanted to die every single day during this time because I was constantly withdrawling from one medication or another, but fought really hard because of the revelation I had of hope and freedom.

I dropped out of high school because of all that shit too (See the irony in that? A lifetime of depression, a robbed childhood, and no high school diploma all for the sake of doing better at school)

Today I am a relatively happy, normal (not at all) guy that like to take psychedelics and travel and play my guitar and I credit that to mushrooms (or the experience that I had on them).

That's what I think

I could have cried reading this again from mixed emotions, so upset the abuse you have had, outrage at the adults responsible, and this whole culture, but also SO glad that somehow you have seen through all this, with help from those wonderful magic mushrooms.
Yes I see that they got you on the cotail of drugs. This is deliberately to make big pharma and those pushing it mo money. That is the utter evil sickness of this---they exploit and abuse children for their own profit and power. And parents who should be protecting their children--ALL children--from this evil get sucked into it via mindcontrol done on them. They most often are made to think they are doing this to their kids to help them, because they blindly trust the authority

So this is why I also encourage you to really dive in and checkout the REAL masty shit tricks this authority get up to that also get more and more kids eating shit food and drink and getting fat, rotting teeth, getting diseases, and on and on and on. Once we become more and more aware we undermine their mindcontrol for ourselves and we telland encourage others too

we surely KNOW HOW powerful and insidious this mindcontrol is when parents who supposedly love their children will be party to abusing them (which includes supporting them joining up to fight in wars that make the same shits richer) as you have found out from your childhood. Just understand they are victims, and it goes down the line

OfflineRavendance
Wizzerd
Male User Gallery

#22825590 - 01/26/16 12:58 AM (8 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

White Beard said:

:rofl:  wait....  :crying:

Offlinedeezdelta
Smut Peddler
Male

Loc: Santa Barbara California....
    #22848932 - 02/01/16 12:47 AM (8 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Ravendance said:

What do you think?

I think life is about the joy of experience and not the number of years. You smoke because you like cigarettes, your living for the moment and your not a giant pussy who spends his entire life trying really hard not to die. Morality is relative and death is inevitable. In other words, were all into different shit and we will all be dead before the year 2090.

--------------------
Don't die tonight.

InvisibleIcelander
Male

#22848979 - 02/01/16 01:18 AM (8 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

MarkostheGnostic said:

Great post Marko's  It's why I love cigs.  It's very self soothing.  It's a big no no in my condition but for awhile when the stress was harder to handle I smoked one or two usually a day and it really helped. To bad they are not better for you. I tried herbals but it's really not the same. And frankly all the herbal stuff tastes like shit to me.

--------------------

OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

Re: The reason I am a smoker (theory) [Re: Icelander]
    #22849104 - 02/01/16 03:55 AM (8 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Icelander said:
Quote:

MarkostheGnostic said:

Great post Marko's  It's why I love cigs.  It's very self soothing.  It's a big no no in my condition but for awhile when the stress was harder to handle I smoked one or two usually a day and it really helped. To bad they are not better for you. I tried herbals but it's really not the same. And frankly all the herbal stuff tastes like shit to me.

Thanks Icelander. I'd recommend sucking one's thumb, but that was the cause for my buck teeth as a child, requiring orthodontics. It's the same reason heroin is called "tit" in prison - self-soothing. There are many self-soothing behaviors, but masturbation tends to get one arrested in public. :lol:

--------------------

Offlinezzripz
Stranger

Re: The reason I am a smoker (theory) [Re: deezdelta]
    #22849116 - 02/01/16 04:12 AM (8 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

deezdelta said:
Quote:

Ravendance said:

What do you think?

I think life is about the joy of experience and not the number of years. You smoke because you like cigarettes, your living for the moment and your not a giant pussy who spends his entire life trying really hard not to die. Morality is relative and death is inevitable. In other words, were all into different shit and we will all be dead before the year 2090.

ohhh what a romantic view that be. No lingering disease like emphysema, heart disease, lack of breath, caused by smoking etc etc --the image of 'living life to the full''born to be wiiiild' and then death--all clear cut ey? just like some movies. edit out all the long bits ewwww

Edited by zzripz (02/01/16 04:14 AM)

Offlinedeezdelta
Smut Peddler
Male

Loc: Santa Barbara California....
Re: The reason I am a smoker (theory) [Re: zzripz]
    #22849158 - 02/01/16 04:40 AM (8 years, 1 month ago)

They're is no long bit. Our lives are short and full of joy and pain. The trick is to learn how to deal with the pain in the same way we accept our joy. 100 percent of people experience pain in some form and some have experienced it much more than others. If other people have experienced unimaginable pain despite planning for the future, why should anyone else expect exclusion from this possibility? Certainly dying from lung cancer isn't the best way to die but it also isn't the worst. For me personally, constant worry about how long my body will last and the pain of abstinence from something I enjoy very much for the purpose of achieving an outcome where I receive a few extra years and a little less of a chance at experiencing prolonged physical pain in death is most certainly the most painful way to die.

Also, if one day I do learn that I am to suffer a long painful death I've got my own plans for treatment. It's way cheaper than doctors and I'm sure it makes the time fly right by. It's called sell everything, drain the bank account and purchase large quantiles of heroin and cocaine!! That's right, the minute I get that diagnosis I'm going on a strict regiment of heroin and cocaine until it's over. See, it's all about how we handle it. Hahaha.

Edited by deezdelta (02/01/16 05:01 AM)

Offlinezzripz
Stranger

#22849440 - 02/01/16 07:44 AM (8 years, 1 month ago)

dont get me wrong. I am not one of those food fanatics who go on about raw food and not even THINKING of cofee, etc etc. Food purists. it is a form of extremism. it is just being aware of sht is all. yes I know some people can smoke and live long, true, but others dont, and they==the industry-- mix the baccy with all kinds of chemicals n sht.

And in my many years of smokin and tokin last thing i ever wanted to hear was people warn or encourage quitting habits. Always had excuses. But I have had people close to me affected by smoking and drinking and bad diets and it is not good to see the personget diseases and the suffering and the ongoingness, day to dayness, moment to momentness,  of it.

I think this: use imagination. really go into things. For example you talk about the last straw having access to heroin, coke etc? Well really think what that reality would be like instead of the hollywood version--though some do try and show the truth

your veins go, your teeth rot, you get covered in scabs, a lot due to street drugs being mixed with crap also,you have to steal, your mind goes, ever look at a heroin users eyes?

InvisibleIcelander
Male

#22849517 - 02/01/16 08:21 AM (8 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

deezdelta said:
They're is no long bit. Our lives are short and full of joy and pain. The trick is to learn how to deal with the pain in the same way we accept our joy. 100 percent of people experience pain in some form and some have experienced it much more than others. If other people have experienced unimaginable pain despite planning for the future, why should anyone else expect exclusion from this possibility? Certainly dying from lung cancer isn't the best way to die but it also isn't the worst. For me personally, constant worry about how long my body will last and the pain of abstinence from something I enjoy very much for the purpose of achieving an outcome where I receive a few extra years and a little less of a chance at experiencing prolonged physical pain in death is most certainly the most painful way to die.

Also, if one day I do learn that I am to suffer a long painful death I've got my own plans for treatment. It's way cheaper than doctors and I'm sure it makes the time fly right by. It's called sell everything, drain the bank account and purchase large quantiles of heroin and cocaine!! That's right, the minute I get that diagnosis I'm going on a strict regiment of heroin and cocaine until it's over. See, it's all about how we handle it. Hahaha.

I basically agree with your POV.  That's why even though I have a painful disease and smoking is a big no no for it I continue to smoke them.  "Suicide is painless" -MASH  (if done correctly)  I think suicide is the proper way, in fact for humans to leave the planet, especially when we live so long now and end of life can be such a drag.  It's saying to the universe " you can't fire me, I QUIT!".

--------------------

InvisibleDividedQuantumM
Outer Head
Male User Gallery

#22849524 - 02/01/16 08:23 AM (8 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

deezdelta said:

Quote:

deezdelta said:

Agree completely, well said. :thumbup:

--------------------
Vi Veri Universum Vivus Vici

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies