Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineMindgames
Stranger
Growing seems hard
    #2280771 - 01/28/04 12:37 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

I'm so ready to start growing. I've shroomed twice and loved it to no extent. I've been reading and roaming the boards on cultivation alot recently. I think growing will be easy once you do it a couple of times but I want my first grow to work out. I want to do it right no contamination or anything. I'm getting my spore prints soon. So is there any success stories out there abotu there first grow ever?

--------------------
I'll see you on the darkside of the moon.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Anonymous

Re: Growing seems hard [Re: Mindgames]
    #2280807 - 01/28/04 12:51 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

well I had 0 contams my first innoculation(6 jars) and everything I tried for the first time worked :smile: (pf tek and a shroom wizard casing)

OfflineT0aD
Stranger

Re: Growing seems hard [Re: ]
    #2280872 - 01/28/04 01:09 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

First time i bought a ready cake that soon gave shrooms, but few. It sucked. After that I tried to grow from the beggining - PF Tek - I failed. Second time I did everything as precise as I could, and I was rewarded - a fine cake that gave about 30 shrooms. I left the other two and kinda forgot about them, and they got contaminated - dont do that!
Good Luck

--------------------
Cuba Libre

Edited by T0aD (01/28/04 01:10 PM)

OfflineMagus
Dazed

Loc: Midwest USA
    #2280888 - 01/28/04 01:15 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Currently on my first try-- 0 contaminations during colonization... only 1 out of 11 failed to grow. So I have 10 jars out of 11 good and ready... 8 of which are in my terrarium waiting to grow.

My advice is to keep a bowl of hot water mixed with hydrogen peroxide while doing anything. Soak anything you use in that bowl and refresh it frequently while working on your terrarium or innoculating jars. Nothing touched those jars without sitting in that bowl first. Also be patient when you pressure cook/ boil your jars before innoculation. I waited for 1 1/2 hours before taking mine out.

I also suggest getting two syringes your first time and innoculating one half of the jars on one day with the first syringe then the next week innoculate the other half of your jars with the second syringe. You really do learn a lot the first time you do it... Personally, I kept the syringe in its ziplock bag in my pocket... a little bit of pressure pushed half of my solution out. So I now had 4cc left. I mixed up and boiled 4 hars of substrate and when it had cooled down (1 day later) I stuck my syringe in but to my dismay nothing would come out! (it was clogged by the substrate) Eventually it did come out... about 3cc went out in one huge gush in one hole of one jar. Pissed off, I tried to split the remaining solution between the remaining jars. Somehow all of them ended up colonizing, though some only in one or two spots. The point is, after that, I knew how to care for the syringe and I knew how to innoculate with spores. Lesson: experience is good.
Good luck man and have fun... I'm still on my first batch and I have 7 good sized shrooms ready to pick today on just one cake... that should be enough for 2 or 3 people.

--------------------
Disclaimer:

1. When I use the word "I", it means a friend of a friend wants me to ask. The word "I" simply cuts down on the amount of letters I need to type.

2. I do not engage in illegal activities. I am appaled by all of you and your apparent disregard for the law.

Offlinestefan
work in progress

Loc: The Netherlands
    #2281036 - 01/28/04 02:09 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

my first time growning was a succes :cool:

OfflineJetBlackNinja
Pimp-o-licious
Loc: $%^&
Re: Growing seems hard [Re: stefan]
    #2281110 - 01/28/04 02:22 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

My first grow was a wild success, but I had a teacher.

--------------------

OfflineBen_Stein
Spelling Gestapo

Loc: Hooterville
    #2281112 - 01/28/04 02:23 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Ya gotta take the good with the bad in this (and all) 'sports'(s).

If at first you don't succeed...

Like Magus said, you will learn much by doing, and that is the key to success!

Anonymous

Re: Growing seems hard [Re: Ben_Stein]
    #2281134 - 01/28/04 02:27 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

I think its really easy if you have the equipment knowledge and time but that the only hard part the growing is all done by nature so how hard is it to let nature take its course. But I do know what you mean it is kinda hard but it gets easier with time

InvisibleOldSpice
Geritol Breath...
Female User Gallery

Loc: Crankytown, Texas
Post deleted by Administrator [Re: fee]
    #2281278 - 01/28/04 03:08 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

--------------------
So hard to be ....WDWGFH?
Texas is humongus compared to France
Our Gair, who art in Texas,
Paw Paw be thy Name....
My friends are thirsty

You never see a motorcycle parked outside a Psychiatrist office:biker:

OfflineRedstorm
Prince of Bugs
Male

Folding@home Statistics
    #2281287 - 01/28/04 03:15 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Yeah, I had great success too. Just stay clean and pay attention, and anyone can do great.

OfflineMindgames
Stranger
Re: Growing seems hard [Re: Redstorm]
    #2281332 - 01/28/04 03:31 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Well in general aspect sure let nature take its place its easy to grow. What I meant was by growing it seems hard to keep mushies from not contaminating. I may be wrong. We'll see how my grow comes. : ) I'm just wokring on getting some prints. I live in the US and many banks won't send there prints out here and even if they were to they'd most likly be intercepted by customes or some bullshit. So if any of you feel like being generous you could always hook me up : ) if not i'd be willing to make a trade of some sort. PM with details it would be a BIG BIG help and i'd be forever greatful.

--------------------
I'll see you on the darkside of the moon.

OfflineSuby
Deadly ViperAssassinationSquad
 User Gallery

Loc: I'm over here now.
    #2281333 - 01/28/04 03:31 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

np 1st. time out.

so your first time you'll probably be so anal with cleanliness that you'll be fine. problems will be when you try to take short-cuts or forget to sterilize something.

--------------------
"Why don't they make the whole plane out of that black box stuff."
Steven Wright.

Some say the glass is half empty, some say the glass is half full, I say, are you going to drink that?

"I'm desperately trying to figure out why kamikaze pilots wore helmets."

Invisibleturtlelamp
n00b
Loc: The Midwest
    #2281435 - 01/28/04 04:13 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Almost ALL of the shroomery sponsers will send to the US.

InvisibleComfortably_Numb
FriendlyStranger
 User Gallery
Loc: Here (not everywhere)
    #2281447 - 01/28/04 04:19 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

If you follow the PF tek as closely as possible, you should have no problems with contamination. My only problems with my first grow was caused by a contaminated syringe (half my jars). I made 2 casings using the 60/40 tek and I ended up with lots of shrooms!

InvisibleDieCommie

#2282318 - 01/28/04 11:14 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

My first grow was 12 brf cakes, i got 2 oz dry off the first flush, and 4 oz dry total off of 4 flushes! I was very pleased! Good Luck...

Anonymous

Re: Growing seems hard [Re: OldSpice]
    #2282426 - 01/28/04 11:54 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

my first harvest was a bunch of Pesa Hawaiins and man they were wacky ass wierd tripp ...I mailed the other Pesa syringe to another Shroomerite and he wigged out really bad on those shrooms also...fuck pesas

damn, i just got a syringe of pes hawaiins, i think they are gonna kick ass, i dont know why your shrooms didnt treat you with respect, did you have heart? I dont see any reason for them to bitch slap you unless you needed it. I dont think it matters much anyways, a cubensis is a cubensis, but everyone is gonna pick their strain of choice, just from experience. that sucks you had a shitty one on hawaiins man, i bet if you gave em another go you might like them

Anonymous

Re: Growing seems hard [Re: fee]
    #2282473 - 01/29/04 12:05 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

the hardest part of growing for me is being patient

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck