Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
My Own God

Loc: Canada West
Tripping as unoriginal
    #2280295 - 01/28/04 12:11 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Lately I have been thinking about tripping again. It's been a while because I'm a freaker. I go into bad trips sometimes and wish I hadn't tripped.

Not so for the first time I tripped. My first time was great. Not knowing what to expect, I was amazed at the visual distortions. When the walls started breathing, I couldn't believe that my reality could be so deformed. AND THE FEELING! Oh my, everything felt amazing. As good as ecstacy.

After that I started hitting the weed pretty often, and my trips didn't remain as happy as my first. In fact, they were sometimes terrible. Some people have said that my heavy pot smoking messed with my seratonin and tripping was heavily affected by seratonin. I'll buy that.

But as I tried other drugs, I discovered that there was something inside of me that was always the same. No matter if I was happy or sad, or tripping or sober, even if I was in the depths of mushroom hell or experiencing egoloss, there was a part of me that held on to something. I think it is my conditioning, all the brain washing they gave me, because all I think about when I connect to that state is the dogma that was crammed down my throat.

So anyway, to tripping as unoriginal...

When I connect to that stability, it doesn't matter what kind of weird shit I'm witnessing, what kind of feelings I'm going through, because I grab onto my personal beliefs in an attempt to ride out the terror. The reason this is in trips tips is because this is a call for help. I want your help letting go. I want to be more open minded and I need help caring less about what I care about.

We have to answer our own prayers

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator

Loc: USA
Re: Tripping as unoriginal [Re: recalcitrant]
    #2280385 - 01/28/04 12:34 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

The desire is the first step.

My fiancee also holds that even during exciting and positive psychedelic experiences, there's still an undertone held over from her difficult experiences.
This is normal. It's somewhat like heartbreak or other rough things that happen in life - you don't ditch them, you integrate and move through them. Perhaps a guided trip to specifically face these feelingsand concepts is in order?

Keep talking - I don't think I have all/any answers, but this can be a mutually learning process.

"Remember, son,
I didn't sell out-
I bought in."

Male User Gallery
Loc: Who's askin'?
Re: Tripping as unoriginal [Re: recalcitrant]
    #2280448 - 01/28/04 12:48 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

try to think of how you would imagine or consider a given drug if you had never used it before. Never even heard of it. Never even heard of drugs before. Like yesterday a freind told you about this thing he heard of, its a mushroom, that you eat it and you see cloers and patterns ect.

Interdimensional space wizard
Male User Gallery

Loc: So Cal
Re: Tripping as unoriginal [Re: domite]
    #2281813 - 01/28/04 09:22 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

You might try reading The Psychedelic Experience by Tim Leary. Its kinda lengthy and wordy, but it does go pretty deep into the concept of letting go. It might help you.

"Cosmic Love is absolutelely ruthless and highly indifferent:
it teaches its lessons whether you like/dislike them or not."

John C. Lily

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience