Home | Community | Message Board

The Spore Depot
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1

finding time for things, life goals, etc etc
    #2277695 - 01/27/04 03:27 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

I find myself constantly in the same dilemma, which is ... i'm a pretty laid-back person, or 'lazy' to most people, when it comes to just about everything ... i never truly see reasons for rushing to do anything, and ever since i graduated high school a few years ago my work habits reflect my 'lazy' attitude ... but because of this attitude, i find myself behind on a lot of things, and then when i think of new things i have to take care of, i suddenly am ridiculously overwhelmed and end up finding myself contemplating things that have little to no connection with what i need to do ... like thinking whether my girlfriend feels embarassed because i quit college and am just looking for an average retail job, or whether i will ever go anywhere in life ... essentially, i just crash in an instant into unhappiness just because i feel i have too much to take care of an definitely not enough time to take care of it ... but that's BECAUSE of my lazy and generally unmotivated way of going about things ...

i used to have plans and ideas for my life (go to college, graduate in Illustration, etc), but now that those ideas are left in the past, at least for now, i feel completely lost and can't seem to find any bearing because every new obstacle seems to just throw me off from knowing what i want because its just another thing to deal with ...

things that seem hopeful seem to turn out 'bunk' or just would require so much work and effort that i don't know if i could manage it ... the one big hopeful thing i see is that a woman came into my office and said she wants me to submit my portfolio (which doesn't yet exist ...) to Industrial Light and Magic, which to the layman means i would be doing artwork for Lucasfilm, possibly even on the newest Star Wars film ... i would work and train under ILM employees if george lucas and this woman's husband approve me for the job ...

while this would be GREAT ... i think ILM would require me moving away, and my girlfriend who is so much of my life lives here ... and i would just be dead inside if i couldn't see my girlfriend often (at all, in this case) and there's no way i could see her TRULY wanting to commit to a long-distance relationship like that 'until further notice' ... i couldn't blame her, but i would just be destroyed if anything happened to my relationship because of my job ...

i can't figure out what to really do about anything, and i feel like im just falling behind in life ...

i just kind of felt like saying what i was thinking as i thought it, so im not necessarily looking for any help or anything in particular, but if anybody feels like commenting it would be greatly appreciated

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
ProfessionalPsycho - JTOKREW
 User Gallery

Loc: Toronto, eh?
Re: finding time for things, life goals, etc etc [Re: HB]
    #2279132 - 01/27/04 11:27 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

It's a big decision to make in regards to relocating for a job and leaving what you have where you are, like a girlfriend, behind.  Have you talked to her about possibly moving with you?  That could be an option.

I can totally relate to what you say about so much to do and so little time.  I feel that often.  There's alot of things I want to accomplish but I feel like I won't have enough time to do it all in this life.  You gotta set goals, and then go for them.

I hope everything works out for you and the way you want them to.  Good luck with that ILM opportunity.  Keep us posted about it cuz I, for one, would love to hear about your progress in that area.

Good luck! :thumbup:

I would rather have had one breath of her hair, one kiss from her mouth, one touch of her hand, than eternity without it. One.

To love is to admire with the heart; to admire is to love with the mind. - Th?ophile Gautier.
Seek not every quality in one individual - Confucius.
Global Living Space

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Jump to top. Pages: 1

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being