Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflinePiaseski
Day Tripper
Electric Autoclave/Portable Gas Hob/Ninja PC Decisions.
    #22775014 - 01/13/16 03:38 PM (8 years, 2 months ago)

Hi guys,

I'm coming up to a house move, and due to circumstances will be losing the priviledge of having my own kitchen as most likely going back in to shared accomodation.

This leaves me an issue with PCing, as fucking around with jars of grains might be a bit suspect, as well as potentially not being able to watch PC on the hob.

So i'm left with a few choices;

1. Buy a portable Gas Stove like used for camping and still use my PC but in my room.

- Not the worst option, but don't really want to have to buy gas bottles, and i bet it'll use a whole bottle per couple of cycles.

2. Buy an electric Autoclave.

- Very limited choice for these within a reasonable price range in the UK - it's an attractive option IF it's safe and works well.

I found this; http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-53200-19255-0/1?ff3=4&pub=5574691905&toolid=10001&campid=5335980952&customid=autolink&mpre=http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/18L-AUTOCLAVE-STERILIZER-HOSPTIAL-HEATH-SCIENTIFIC-RESEARCH-18-LITER-DENTAL-/261618645617?hash=item3ce9afba71:g:VEgAAOSwDN1UM5xP
However it's made in China, and runs at 220v, whilst UK mains is rated 240v...normally i wouldnt worry about this but something as potentially dangerous as hot metal under pressure is a worry...any thoughts on how this looks?

3. Ninja PC-ing

- I'm not terribly fond of the idea, but im definitely not stopping cultivation, at a stretch i could time PC runs around housemates and do it early morning/late at night...not ideal.

4. PF Tek to Bulk

- I'm dead set on doing Mono tubs, and i know cakes can be spawned but also know i'm really enjoying working with Rye, and the consensus seems to be that the results are always better.

Appreciate any advice on this, especially opinions on that Autoclave...if it looks good, would be great and would cut down run times.

--------------------

Edited by Piaseski (01/13/16 03:39 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblecc2
Mush

Re: Electric Autoclave/Portable Gas Hob/Ninja PC Decisions. [Re: Piaseski]
    #22775093 - 01/13/16 03:54 PM (8 years, 2 months ago)

go with anything that works for you :thumbup:
I'd say you should have at least a PC so that you don't lose the benefit of using grains or cakes slow you down.

and if that means ninja pc'ing to save on supplies, get your throwing stars ready :lol:

OfflineTheScientificMethod
Psychonautic Explorer & Writer
Male Unread Journal User Gallery

Loc: USA
Re: Electric Autoclave/Portable Gas Hob/Ninja PC Decisions. [Re: cc2]
    #22775105 - 01/13/16 03:57 PM (8 years, 2 months ago)

You can buy an electrical "burner" like on stoves. They plug in, cost $30ish, and don't require the gas tank.

I'm in a similar situation as you, and my main concern is my roommates going into my bedroom while I'm at work. Or that maybe a pipe will burst and that the landlord will come home.

OfflineMachiavelliavore
Vermiculite Hater
 User Gallery

Loc: The Sporetorn States
    #22775127 - 01/13/16 04:02 PM (8 years, 2 months ago)

I think an electric pressure cooker makes the most sense for your situation.  You can do small jars of grains with long cook times, or larger containers of PF tek.  You can do agar, whatever.  It's not like doing cakes in a pot is exactly descrete either.  The electric PC just seems safer than trying to work with an electric buner in a bedroom, and will probably make less noise as well.

I recently derived the conversion calculations for PF tek to grain equivalents.  Essentially PF cakes start out as the equivalent of a 1:1 Whole Brown Rice to Vermiculite substrate.  Adjust your ratio accordingly and you should see coresponding yields.  Grate with a cheese grater.

--------------------

I spawned some popcorn casings and had double-overlay cause I didn't put enough hydrogen peroxide in my automated aquarium mister.  I only got one mushroom so I cut off the head part where the seeds fall from and put it in a jar of LC and sprayed it all over a tin of PF cakes I made with gravel, cardboard, and bisquick in my microwave.  I think it will be good cause B+ is so potent.
Triggered yet?

Only a square would say "a cube is a cube."

No, this does not look right...

Invisiblefilthyknees
no coincidence
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Electric Autoclave/Portable Gas Hob/Ninja PC Decisions. [Re: Machiavelliavore]
    #22775135 - 01/13/16 04:05 PM (8 years, 2 months ago)

--------------------
But if you're in a hurry, and really got to go
If you're in a hurry, might have to find out slow
That it's one thing to try and another to fly
You get there quicker just a step at a time
It's one thing to bark, another to bite
The show ain't over till you pack up at night

OfflinePiaseski
Day Tripper
Re: Electric Autoclave/Portable Gas Hob/Ninja PC Decisions. [Re: Machiavelliavore]
    #22775178 - 01/13/16 04:15 PM (8 years, 2 months ago)

Thanks for the replies guys.

Yeah i added the PF Tek option as an afterthought, without thinking i'd still need to go in the kitchen :stoned:

What do you think of running that Autoclave on 240v as opposed to 220v, and the fact that it's made in China, quality doesnt seem bad in pics but i'm quite nervous.

There are a few alternatives that seem more well made, but i'd be looking at £400+...maybe down the line thats viable if i'm turning out big yields.

I think the most attractive option right now would be an electric burner, on a piece of concrete with my standard PC.

Won't have any issues with people coming in the room or noise, these types of houses always have locks on your individual doors, and i always play music when i'm PCing as the sound drives me insane.

Added advantage is that it'll heat/humidify my room :laugh:

--------------------

OfflinePiaseski
Day Tripper
    #22775201 - 01/13/16 04:21 PM (8 years, 2 months ago)

Those look good Filthyknees, my concern there would still be the gas cost/safety though.

Machievelli did you mean the electric autoclave i posted, or a food-intended one such as this; http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B018KB9JAW/ref=mp_s_a_1_6?qid=1452727071&sr=1-6&pi=AC_SX110_SY165&keywords=electric+pressure+cooker&dpPl=1&dpID=51Kxgm6bi8L&ref=plSrch

If they work, would be great...but dubious as theres no pressure ratings and its intended for food with automated settings - although i'm doing fine with 90 mins @ 12 PSI right now as i use pint size pp5s.

--------------------

OfflineMachiavelliavore
Vermiculite Hater
 User Gallery

Loc: The Sporetorn States
    #22775225 - 01/13/16 04:26 PM (8 years, 2 months ago)

I meant a food cooking one.  You can find the pressure specs if you dig around.  Most of them are like 10-12psi I think, though there may be some that do 15psi.  I think it would be a lot safer, and I don't think it's worth investing in a hard core electric autoclave, though maybe due to PC prices in europe generally it is.

Good chance you can find one of the electric ones used for not too much.  I think it's one of those christmas gifts people get or things that seem like a great idea that don't end up getting used by many people.  You'll have to cook longer in smaller containers than a real PC, but I doubt you're intending to do large-scale growing solely in your bedroom.

--------------------

I spawned some popcorn casings and had double-overlay cause I didn't put enough hydrogen peroxide in my automated aquarium mister.  I only got one mushroom so I cut off the head part where the seeds fall from and put it in a jar of LC and sprayed it all over a tin of PF cakes I made with gravel, cardboard, and bisquick in my microwave.  I think it will be good cause B+ is so potent.
Triggered yet?

Only a square would say "a cube is a cube."

No, this does not look right...

Invisiblefilthyknees
no coincidence
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #22775226 - 01/13/16 04:26 PM (8 years, 2 months ago)

I wouldn't buy either of those links.

hope your roommates are cool -- they'll notice what you're doing :wink:

youre worried about gas costs and pc safety, you have bigger things to worry about

--------------------

OfflinePiaseski
Day Tripper
Re: Electric Autoclave/Portable Gas Hob/Ninja PC Decisions. [Re: filthyknees]
    #22775331 - 01/13/16 04:49 PM (8 years, 2 months ago)

Sweet i'l have a look into those electric PCs, if i can find a decent sized one that has manual settings it seems the right way to go.

These are hypothetical roommates, i'm still in my own apartment right now for the next 8 weeks or so.

Hopefully i'll find somewhere with people i know, and then can just use the kitchen and be bait about it.

But shared houses are a different thing in London, i've had 2 600w HPS lights in 2m×2m tents in my room growing weed before and it took my housemates 6 months to notice...nobody here cares what others are doing in their own space, its just that a pressure cooker going on the hob is very conspicuous (not to mention a bit scary) especially when other people would be wanting to use the kitchen.

--------------------

Invisiblefilthyknees
no coincidence
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #22775444 - 01/13/16 05:09 PM (8 years, 2 months ago)

you don't need to tell me, man :lol:

--------------------

OfflinePiaseski
Day Tripper
Re: Electric Autoclave/Portable Gas Hob/Ninja PC Decisions. [Re: filthyknees]
    #22775453 - 01/13/16 05:11 PM (8 years, 2 months ago)

:thumbup:

--------------------

Invisiblebootster
Male User Gallery
    #22775609 - 01/13/16 05:55 PM (8 years, 2 months ago)

Can't you use an electric cook top heating element with a standard PC? :shrug:

InvisibleMajorDick
notbeingadick
Male User Gallery

Loc: Westchestertonfieldville,... Flag
Re: Electric Autoclave/Portable Gas Hob/Ninja PC Decisions. [Re: bootster]
    #22775794 - 01/13/16 06:47 PM (8 years, 2 months ago)

Yep. You can even plug it into a timer. Hell - You can use a fire pit if you know what you're doing.

Not all stand alone gas burners are safe to use indoors. Check those warnings.

Offlinemushpunx
Fungus Punk
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Electric Autoclave/Portable Gas Hob/Ninja PC Decisions. [Re: MajorDick]
    #22775851 - 01/13/16 07:02 PM (8 years, 2 months ago)

I have a cheap (30 bux) electric stovetop thing that runs my sterilizer just fine

--------------------

Amateur Mycologists United
AMU Q&A

Invisibleelasticaltiger
Like Tigers in Coitus
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Electric Autoclave/Portable Gas Hob/Ninja PC Decisions. [Re: mushpunx]
    #22776169 - 01/13/16 08:15 PM (8 years, 2 months ago)

You really shouldn't be running any stove without ventilation.

There has to be days when you know your housemates  won't be home for a few hours?

--------------------
First time growing cakes? DON'T make a Shotgun Fruiting Chamber

The Shmuvbox. - The Old TC's Like it :shrug:

Afraid to Start Growing From Your Own Prints? Drop it Like a Tiger!
No Pouring. No Syringes. No Cutting. No flaming. No Contamination. No Bullshit.

"The best thing to do while your waiting is to start more stuff. I usually got so much happening that I have tossed projects simply because I didn't have time for them. -Pastywhite QFT

Pastywhite's Easy Agar Tek (PastyPlates)

Tiger Drop Video Demos By munchauzen

Van Gogh would’ve sold more than one painting if he’d put tigers in them.―Bill Watterson

EZEKIEL 23:20

OfflineLogicaL ChaosM
Ascension Energy & Alien UFOs
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The Inexpressible... Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #22776510 - 01/13/16 09:43 PM (8 years, 2 months ago)

i would suggest searching eBay for an electric autoclave. They should be silent.

You might find one at a good price

PCing in a bedroom will sound really suspicious. PCs are very loud

I also recommend the PF tek as it only requires boiling and u could make a make shift vent thru your bedroom window. Still loud but not PCing loud.

The last option is make it portable and PC in the woods!!

--------------------
"What you must understand is that your physical dimension affects everyone in the higher dimensions as well. All things are interconnected. All things are One. Therefore, if one dimension is broken or out of balance, then all other dimensions will experience repercussions." - Pleiadian Prophecy 2020 The New Golden Age by James Carwin

PROJECT BLUE BOOK ANALYSIS! (312 pages!) | Psychedelics & UFOs | Ready to Contact UFOs? | The Source on Mushrooms:shroomeryhead:| Trippy Gematrix | Dj TeknoLogical | Fentanyl Test Kits R.I.P. Big Worm :tombstone: || The Start of the Ascension Process was 2020. Welcome to the Next Great Era of Earth 🌎🌍🌏                                                         
:sunny::bliss::mushroom2: Oregon Eclipse Festival 2017 :: Aug 19th - 21st :: Pure Paradise :mushroom2::bliss::sunny: :rainbowdrink: Very Effective LSA Extraction Tek :rainbowdrink: | 💧 Advanced Cold Water LSA Extraction Method 💧 | :cacti::bongload: Mescajuana - Mescaline with Marijuana | DMT Dab Bongs | UFO Technology! :shpongle:Shpongle:shpongle:   

Invisiblebootster
Male User Gallery
Re: Electric Autoclave/Portable Gas Hob/Ninja PC Decisions. [Re: LogicaL Chaos]
    #22777586 - 01/14/16 08:25 AM (8 years, 2 months ago)

LogicaL Chaos said:

"PCing in a bedroom will sound really suspicious. PCs are very loud"

Not if it's an AA Sterilizer or conversion HERE.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck