Home | Community | Message Board

Shroom Supply
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Political Discussion

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Invisibletimetravel
I'm going toMars!

Loc: Holland
War....See it to believe it
    #2275979 - 01/26/04 11:28 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Japan Said Paying 10 Bn
Yen For Iraqis To
Guard Their Men
By James Buchanan
1-26-4

TOKYO - The Japanese government is reportedly paying approximately 10 billion yen to Iraqi tribal leaders to provide bodyguards for the Self-defense Forces in Iraq.

A spokesman for the Prime Minister's Office said: "It is rather cheap if we can buy security for our soldiers with that amount of money. In Iraq, oil money is distributed to those tribes. It is more important for the Japanese government to make one-time payments to the leaders than to pay them a salary. That will help their local economy and benefit Japan's foreign policy toward new Iraq."

The first contingent of Ground Self Defense Forces is already in Samawah in southern Iraq. The main force is scheduled to be sent either at the end of January or in early February.

Prime Minister Junichiro Koizumi's main concern has been how to protect the lives of the SDF soldiers. One of the measures that the government initially took was to have Dutch forces guard the SDF.

Last year, Abdul Amir Rikaabi, the powerful leader of an Iraqi tribe, visited Japan and Koizumi made a confidential agreement with him in which Japan would pay a huge amount of money in exchange for protection, according to a source in the Prime Minister's Office.

"Mr Rikaabi told us that he would organize 200 to 300 guards to protect Japan's SDF soldiers until the main unit arrived in Samawah. The SDF will construct their camps within double barbed wire entanglements in the suburbs of Samawah and engage in supplying water to the city. The Iraqi guards will provide 24-hour patrols and in the event of a terrorist attack, Dutch troops will help out," said the source.

One source in the ruling Liberal Democratic Party (LDP), speaking on condition of anonymity, said, "The leaders of tribes in Samawah are requesting salaries for their soldiers. If they are killed on duty, they will demand compensation for their deaths. The Japanese government has to donate $1 million in advance for such compensation.

"However, the Defense Agency does not have such a budget. The government will have to use discretionary funds allocated for the Prime Minister's Office and the Ministry of Foreign Affairs. The advance Self Defense Forces have been given such discretionary funds by the Prime Minister's Office." (Shukan Post)

http://www.japantoday.com/e/?content=news&cat=1&id=286241
http://rense.com/general48/japy.htm

WTF are the japanese doing??????? the dutch guarding the japanese??? Paying warlords protection $$ in millions? What a cOILalition we got together, the future looks rosy. Peace

--------------------
Everything in this post happened 7 years ago. If you do not feel good get a hobby like r/c airplane flying.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Anonymous

Re: War....See it to believe it [Re: timetravel]
    #2276008 - 01/26/04 11:39 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

ten billion yen is about a hundred million US dollars...

japan can't send a lot of soldiers because their pacifist constitution forbids it. this is a way to beef up the security that the few troops they can send over will be able to have, given their small numbers.

Invisibletimetravel
I'm going toMars!

Re: War....See it to believe it [Re: ]
    #2276039 - 01/26/04 11:52 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

This way they give warlords millions. Warlords are = to terrorists in my eyes. Its starting all over again.

--------------------
Everything in this post happened 7 years ago. If you do not feel good get a hobby like r/c airplane flying.

Anonymous

#2276044 - 01/26/04 11:55 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

tribal ties are a big part of the culture in a lot of places in that part of the world. many of the people are armed. this doesn't make them all terrorists, or even warlords. i agree that it doesn't sound like the best of ideas though.

Invisibledownforpot
Stranger
Male
    #2276106 - 01/27/04 12:20 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

After they do their job they can be killed, no biggy.

--------------------

http://www.myspace.com/4th25

"And I don't care if he was handcuffed
Then shot in his head
All I know is dead bodies
Can't fuck with me again"

Invisibletimetravel
I'm going toMars!

Re: War....See it to believe it [Re: ]
    #2276122 - 01/27/04 12:25 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

The japanese have just become a meal ticket for the warlords. If there were no japanese deaths up to this point, i suspect there will be. The warlords will stage an attack to further justify protection money. They will even ask for more after they blow up a few japanese. Thats the way protection works in a dirty world.
True, warlords do get accidently wiped out at weddings, b'days and such by a cruise missle.  :wink: Shit happens.

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Political Discussion