Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleTODAY
Battletoad
Male

Loc: Metropolis City, USA
anybody had this dream??
    #2275273 - 01/26/04 04:37 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

where your teeth start falling out and it seems so real and it seems like it is the worst thing that can ever happen? i've had it three different times...a long time ago and probably twice in the last 6 months. i have a friend who has had this dream and i was wondering if anybody else has too.

--------------------

ca'rouse (k-rouz)
intr.v.
To engage in boisterous, drunken merrymaking.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinethelox
Re: anybody had this dream?? [Re: TODAY]
    #2275287 - 01/26/04 04:42 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

I've had similar dreams as yours. Actually I've hear it's quite a common dream theme.

Invisiblepsychopsilocyber
Male

#2275289 - 01/26/04 04:42 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

That would usually trigger a lucid dream for me, because I know if my teeth fall out I'm dreaming. Then once I started getting lucid dreams that way I stopped losing my teeth in my dreams.

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
    #2275342 - 01/26/04 05:00 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

I thought it was cool you said "it seems like the worst thing that could ever happen"

heh I haven't had that specific case with my teeth but sometimes in dreams something will suddenly happen that seems to be "the worst thing that could ever happen."

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

InvisibleTODAY
Battletoad
Male

Re: anybody had this dream?? [Re: Strumpling]
    #2275387 - 01/26/04 05:18 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Damn unconscious mind...playing tricks on me more than my conscious mind.

--------------------

ca'rouse (k-rouz)
intr.v.

OfflineBlastrid
e l e m e n t al i t y
 User Gallery

Loc: The Desert
    #2275518 - 01/26/04 06:04 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

maybe try to use that as a trigger that what is happening isn't reality--and you'll 'wake up' in your dream.

Lucid Dreaming is the effin ish

--------------------
Blas'?trid (bl?s tr?d)
    n.  3rd generation derivitave of a combination of 'bastard' and 'blasted'.  Used as both an insult or an expletive.
    ex.  Blastrid!

Stereopattern  <--My music.

InvisibleSkorpivoMusterion
Livin in theTwilight Zone...
 User Gallery

Loc: You can't spell fungus wi...
    #2275520 - 01/26/04 06:05 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Dude I know exactly what you mean. I've had those exact kind of dreams before.

It scares me into a compulsive obsessive teeth-brushing fanatical frenzy for a month straight afterwards.

I already brush my tooth at least 2 times a day.

--------------------
Coffee should be black as hell, strong as death, and sweet as love.

Invisiblekaiowas
lest we baguette
 User Gallery

Loc: oz
    #2275524 - 01/26/04 06:06 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

dude!!!!

like a couple of weeks agp, I dreamed that my teeth decayed right in front of me, and then it fell down my throat, and I started choking, that's when I woke up :smile:

--------------------
Annnnnnd I had a light saber and my friend was there and I said "you look like an indian" and he said "you look like satan" and he found a stick and a rock and he named the rock ooga booga and he named the stick Stick and we both thought that was pretty funny. We got eaten alive by mosquitos but didn't notice til the next day. I stepped on some glass while wading in the swamp and cut my foot open, didn't bother me til the next day either....yeah it was a good time, ended the night by buying some liquor for minors and drinking nips and going to he diner and eating chicken fingers, and then I went home and went to bed.

Offlineschmutzen
King of the side-pins
 User Gallery

Loc: Miss Kitty's Lounge
    #2275733 - 01/26/04 07:50 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

yeah, i've got that one before.  most dream books will say that either you're going thru major change or about to.  make the best of it.  and like others mentioned,  try to use it as a reality check if it should happen again. :grin:

--------------------

"Blow up your TV, throw away your paper.  Go to the country, build you a home."

InvisibleTODAY
Battletoad
Male

Re: anybody had this dream?? [Re: schmutzen]
    #2275803 - 01/26/04 08:27 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

namaste said:
most dream books will say that either you're going thru major change or about to.

i hope i can trigger a lucid dream when this starts to happen. i have actually had this dream 3 times and twice were within the last few months but these last few months i've been away from home at my first year of college...sounds like a major change to me...cool!

--------------------

ca'rouse (k-rouz)
intr.v.

Offlinebarfightlard
tales of theinexpressible
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Canoodia
    #2275809 - 01/26/04 08:29 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Yep, I've had dreams where ym teeth were falling out. It felt really wierd.

--------------------

"What business is it of yours what I do, read, buy, see, say, think, who I fuck, what I take into my body - as long as I do not harm another human being on this planet?" - Bill Hicks

OfflineNiGGy
Stranger
Loc: Nova Scotia, Canada
Re: anybody had this dream?? [Re: barfightlard]
    #2275874 - 01/26/04 08:52 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Teeth comming up between teeth. Fillings popping off, oh yeah :smile:

OfflinePHARMAKOS
addict
Re: anybody had this dream?? [Re: barfightlard]
    #2275942 - 01/26/04 09:16 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

any one have any idea why this would be such an incredily common theme? ive had TONS of these dreams. I once had a dream where my tooth fell out but it was still attached by like a foot long nerve and it was bleeding and i could FEEL it and it hurt like hell. Ive had dreams where there loose, or one pops out, or i fall and smash my face and lose them ALL and then i try to pick them up and they fall through the cracks in the floor and disapear

dreams rule
i am the dream god

InvisibleZero7a1
Leaving YourWasteland

Loc: Passing Cloud
    #2276227 - 01/26/04 11:01 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

I hate these dreams. Many ttimes i will either have teeth fall out, or feel my teeth all wrapped around eachother. One time i had to bite this machine and it started making all these weird swirly colors, but it drained my mouth and all my teeth got weekened. Eugh.

--------------------
What?

OfflineFrog
Warrior
Female User Gallery

Loc: The Zero Point Field
Re: anybody had this dream?? [Re: Zero7a1]
    #2276328 - 01/26/04 11:48 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

"My Teeth Are Falling"

Dreams that your teeth are falling out are the most common dreams we here at Dream Moods receive. Common dream scenarios include having your teeth crumbling in your hands or your teeth falling out one by one with just a light tap. Such dreams are not only horrifying and shocking, but often leaves the dreamer with a lasting image of the dream. So what does it mean?

One theory is that dreams about your teeth reflect your anxiety about your appearance and how others perceive you. Sadly, we live in a world where good looks are valued highly and your teeth play an important role in conveying that image. Teeth are used in the game of flirtations, whether it be a dazzling and gleaming smile or affectionate necking. These dreams may stem from a fear of your sexual impotence or the consequences of getting old. Teeth are an important feature of our attractiveness and presentation to others. Everybody worries about how they appear to others. Caring about our appearance is natural and healthy.

Another rationalization for these falling teeth dream may be rooted in your fear of being embarrassed or making a fool of yourself in some specific situation. These dreams are an over-exaggeration of your worries and anxiety.

Teeth are used to bite, tear, chew and gnaw. In this regard, teeth represent power. And the loss of teeth in your dream may be from a sense of powerlessness. Are you lacking power in some current situation? Perhaps you are having difficulties expressing yourself or getting your point across. You feel frustrated when your voice is not being heard. You may be experiencing feelings of inferiority and a lack of self-confidence in some situation or relationship in your life. This dream is an indication that you need to be more assertive and believe in the value of your own opinion.

In the latest research, it has been shown that women in menopause have frequent dreams about teeth. This may be related to getting older and/or feeling unattractive and less feminine.

Traditionally, it was thought that dreaming that you did not have teeth, represent malnutrition which may be applicable to some dreamers.

Other Perspectives

A scriptural interpretation for bad or falling teeth indicate that you are putting your faith, trust, and beliefs in what man thinks rather than in the word of God. The bible says that God speaks once, yea twice in a dream or a vision in order to hide pride from us, to keep us back from the pit, to open our ears (spiritually) and to instruct and correct us.

In the Greek culture, when you dream about loose, rotten, or missing teeth, it indicates that a family member or close friend is very sick or even near death.

According to the Chinese, there is a saying that your teeth will fall out if your are telling lies.

It has also been said that if you dream of your teeth falling out, then it symbolizes money. This is based on the old tooth fairy story. If you lose a tooth and leave it under the pillow, a tooth fairy would bring you money.

http://dreammoods.com/cgibin/teethdreams.pl?method=exact&header=dreamid&search=teethintro

--------------------
The day will come when, after harnessing the ether, the winds, the tides, gravitation, we shall harness for God the energies of love. And, on that day, for the second time in the history of the world, man will have discovered fire.  -Teilard

InvisibleSkorpivoMusterion
Livin in theTwilight Zone...
 User Gallery

Loc: You can't spell fungus wi...
Re: anybody had this dream?? [Re: Frog]
    #2276947 - 01/27/04 07:58 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Well, I?ve read that many of our dreams are based on two things:
1) Something we?ve desired for a very long time, something we LOVE, something we?re always searching for, etc etc. that sorta thing

2) Something we fear, something we hate, something bad, etc

Many of us fear losing our teeth, particularly in a society where most people if not all, are pressured to have shining white gleaming perfect teeth by the standards of all the models and uber-gorgeous folks we see in media everyday; which is supported by the growing number of orthodontic procedures that are nearly becoming a routinely standard for all pimply-faced teens across america. Even well-matured adults in their 30?s as well...people of all ages and all walks of life want to have beautiful SMILES.
I?m sure we all know the value..of a beautiful smile.

:grin:

--------------------
Coffee should be black as hell, strong as death, and sweet as love.

OfflineFrog
Warrior
Female User Gallery

Loc: The Zero Point Field
Re: anybody had this dream?? [Re: SkorpivoMusterion]
    #2277219 - 01/27/04 10:02 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

That's Henry!!!

--------------------
The day will come when, after harnessing the ether, the winds, the tides, gravitation, we shall harness for God the energies of love. And, on that day, for the second time in the history of the world, man will have discovered fire.  -Teilard

OfflineRenegade8
Niggar please

Loc: Orange County
Re: anybody had this dream?? [Re: Frog]
    #2277239 - 01/27/04 10:12 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

ROFL!!  :lol:

--------------------
I'm just see-through faded, super jaded, and out of my mind. - R.I.P. Layne

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
    #2277590 - 01/27/04 12:34 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

I have a feeling that after reading so much about dreams with teeth falling out, I'll probably have this dream sometime in the future now

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Loc: Pandurn
    #2277897 - 01/27/04 02:26 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

I've never lost my teeth before in a dream... but I'm probably likely to lose my teeth due to a lot of neglect when I was younger. :frown:

And, Frog, all that stuff you posted from wherever sounded like bullshit. :grin:
Peace.

--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale