Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisiblesnatchcakes
Rad Dude

Loc: HellTrack
PF jar question.
    #2273992 - 01/26/04 06:59 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

I have one PF jar that is about 25% colonized,all down 1 side,and the top.There are no signs of contams,but it looks pretty obvios that the rest of the jar is too wet to colonize for some reason.The mycelluim stopped growing right where the wet starts on all sides.It has been like this for 4 days now.The mycelluim itself looks very healthy.
Question #1 will it still colonize just slower,or will it become infected?
question #2 if it wont colonize can i remove the cake from the jar and cut out the good chunk and then throw away the rest and use the good part to colonize new jars?or am i looking at contamination city if i do this?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleG a n j a
Pictish and proud
 User Gallery

Loc: Zone ate
Re: PF jar question. [Re: snatchcakes]
    #2274017 - 01/26/04 07:26 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

If the rest of the jar looks shinny, wet, then theres
a chance it could be a bacterial contamination. If this is
the case, it shopuld smell horrid. Is there any venting in the jar lid?

If there is then place the jar in a plastic bag, seal up and wait 20 mins,
open and smell inside. If its rank, its a bacterial contam. If not then theres a chance it will still make it, and only time will tell.

I wouldnt try to save the mycelium if its bacterially contaminated, but
if its just a bit on the damp side, i would let it contiue and see what happens.

--------------------
er

Invisiblesnatchcakes
Rad Dude

Loc: HellTrack
Re: PF jar question. [Re: G a n j a]
    #2274049 - 01/26/04 07:47 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

yes it has pollyfill in the lidand nope no smell ,and the mycelluim is very very bright white and healthy looking.In fact the part that is not wet looking,gets fluffier and whiter everyday,its just not spreading.And the wet part doesnt look contamed or slimey or anything,just alittle too wet,its seperated and there is a crack along the border between the myceluim and the wet uncolonized part,also the mycelluim has grown really aggressive up top and colonized all the verm in big white chubnks.
OK ill let it go then,will it just take longer if its too wet as long as no contams,but still grow eventually?

InvisibleG a n j a
Pictish and proud
 User Gallery

Loc: Zone ate
    #2274057 - 01/26/04 07:57 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

If you have a two tub incubator, or any incubator with a hotter base, place it at the bottom, nearist the heat source, that way, it might dry out a little over time, as the heat pushes the moisture out through the polly fill.

Too wet genraly just slows things down, and gives bacteria a better chance.
Hopefull all is well, and its just going to yake longer.

--------------------
er

Offlinemobiusrunner
myco maniac
    #2274132 - 01/26/04 08:40 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

In my last grow I had a similar jar...

It took longer than the rest of the jars, but once I flipped the jar over it ended up fully colonizing.

--------------------
By "I", I of course mean a good friend of mine who happens to live in the fine city of Amsterdam. "I" is just so less awkward.

InvisibleRowZeZe
Time Watcher
 User Gallery

Loc: Space
Re: PF jar question. [Re: G a n j a]
    #2274153 - 01/26/04 08:56 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Yeah, 6 of my jars are like that. When I boiled them water splashed in them all. Now I just keep flipping the jars to its side and upside down and the mycelium is slowly growing. Good luck

--------------------
Whats done is done and I cannot complain anymore

Anonymous

Re: PF jar question. [Re: RowZeZe]
    #2274170 - 01/26/04 09:02 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

I have this in a couple of jars and the mycilium likes it it aint think but its colinizing it

InvisibleTheDrugStore

Loc: Hawaii Flag
    #2274907 - 01/26/04 02:26 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Ganja, How horrid would this smell be?

When i open my terranium it smells almost like the mix i made it with...wet BRF. Doesn't smell great but if there was bacterial contam in my jars that i didn't know of would the smell be absolutly overwhelming?

--------------------
Penalties against drug use should not be more damaging to an individual than the use of the drug itself. Nowhere is this more clear than in the laws against the possession of marijuana and mushrooms in private for personal use.

Invisiblesimplemachine
Manfly
Male User Gallery

Re: PF jar question. [Re: TheDrugStore]
    #2274964 - 01/26/04 02:42 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Doesn't smell great but if there was bacterial contam in my jars that i didn't know of would the smell be absolutly overwhelming?

Yeh it smells REALLY bad!! It's pretty easy to tell bacteria...It smells rancid, like old meat or rotton beer, and the grians in the jar will turn slimey.

SM

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies