Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> The Pub

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Edibles, CBD Topicals

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | Next > | Last >
InvisibleZippoZM
Knomadic
 User Gallery

Loc: Pongyang, North Korea
Anyone else playing the Powerball for the (updated) $1.4 BILLION Jackpot? Largest EVER
    #22740899 - 01/05/16 07:56 PM (5 years, 1 month ago)

So the powerball jackpot is up to about $450 million dollars, to put in perspective its about half the size of this BILLION DOLLARS

So about 4 pallets full of hundred dollar bills, weighing about 9,000 LBS

Heres another fun note, there are 15 countries in the world that dont even make that much money a YEAR

The odds of winning the jackpot are astronomically small, about 1 in 292 million. But hell, for a few bucks, ill take a swing at it. Eventually someones gotta win it.

So anyone else got a horse in this game?

EDIT:
so, no one actually won the 1/6 jackpot, thats how crazy the odds are, several people won the 1 million jackpot and someone won 2 million with the multiplier thing. The new jackpot is now 675 million dollars, and is likely to rise significantly before the drawing on Saturday.

Edit #2
a few hours to go, and the advertised estimated jackpot is now 900 million, thats pretty much the entire amount pictured above. if no one wins tonight. BILLION+ jackpot in the works

Edit #3
Ok kids, were at 1.3 billion dollars as the STARTING point for this jackpot. lets see how high she gets by wednesday.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lottery_jackpot_records

in case you're wondering how this happened, a few years back Powerball re worked the way the game functioned, made it 2 dollars per play, and added additional balls to the game raising the odds from something like 195,000,000:1 to 295,000,000:1. with the intention of this exact scenario happening. I wonder who is making the millions on the side off of this...

Edit #4
Monday night, 2 days before the big drawing, and the jackpot is up to 1.4 billion.

--------------------
PEACE

:mushroom2:zippoz:mushroom2:

"in times of widespread chaos and confusion, it has been the duty of more advanced human beings - artists, scientists, clowns, and philosophers - to create order. In such times as ours however, when there is too much order, too much m management, too much programming and control, it becomes the duty of superior men and women and women to fling their favorite monkey wrenches into the machinery. To relieve the repression of the human spirit, they must sow doubt and disruption"

"People do it every day, they talk to themselves ... they see themselves as they'd like to be, they don't have the courage you have, to just run with it."

Edited by ZippoZ (01/11/16 08:28 PM)

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleSheekle
FREE BURKE
 User Gallery

Re: Anyone else playing the Powerball for the $450 million Jackpot? [Re: ZippoZ]
    #22740923 - 01/05/16 07:59 PM (5 years, 1 month ago)

when does the winner get announced?

--------------------
"Ur cat died because he hated u" - Koods
"I hope JSB kicks your ass one day." - Vandago
"you are the biggest 'internet guy' I have ever come across"- Jokeshopbeard
"The more I see you post the more I realize you're just this fuckin tie dye loser who trolls the Shroomery 24/7." - Herbologist
"Sheekle you cannot vile the dice of bullshit you have posted on this forum over the years, I like databases" - thelastoneleft
"or maybe i just come from a blood line of superior intelligence" - trees

R.I.P Kelsy, ?/?/?? - 6/11/16

InvisibleWyoMX
Stranger
Male

Loc: PNW
Re: Anyone else playing the Powerball for the $450 million Jackpot? [Re: ZippoZ]
    #22740932 - 01/05/16 08:00 PM (5 years, 1 month ago)

I buy em every so often. Can't win if ya don't play. Probably won't win even if you do but o well. I actually won 500 on power ball so I'm probably ahead anyway.

Invisiblecc2
Mush

Re: Anyone else playing the Powerball for the $450 million Jackpot? [Re: WyoMX]
    #22740939 - 01/05/16 08:02 PM (5 years, 1 month ago)

not feeding 'em. it's all the people playing making up the jackpot and a lot more.

InvisibleZippoZM
Knomadic
 User Gallery

Re: Anyone else playing the Powerball for the $450 million Jackpot? [Re: Sheekle]
    #22740942 - 01/05/16 08:02 PM (5 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Sheekle said:
when does the winner get announced?

drawing is wednesday at midnight EST i think

--------------------
PEACE

"in times of widespread chaos and confusion, it has been the duty of more advanced human beings - artists, scientists, clowns, and philosophers - to create order. In such times as ours however, when there is too much order, too much m management, too much programming and control, it becomes the duty of superior men and women and women to fling their favorite monkey wrenches into the machinery. To relieve the repression of the human spirit, they must sow doubt and disruption"

"People do it every day, they talk to themselves ... they see themselves as they'd like to be, they don't have the courage you have, to just run with it."

InvisibleWyoMX
Stranger
Male

Loc: PNW
Re: Anyone else playing the Powerball for the $450 million Jackpot? [Re: Sheekle]
    #22740944 - 01/05/16 08:02 PM (5 years, 1 month ago)

They draw every Wednesday and Saturday and the jackpot gets bigger every time until someone wins.

InvisibleJvF
Fletcher Detcher

Loc: Chicago Flag
Re: Anyone else playing the Powerball for the $450 million Jackpot? [Re: WyoMX] * 3
    #22740974 - 01/05/16 08:08 PM (5 years, 1 month ago)

Hmm. I guess ill buy a few tickets.

If i win the 450M im buying 2 people on the shroomery a month supporter account.

Thats just the kind of guy i am.

--------------------

Offlinebloodsheen
ChemChaplin
Male User Gallery

Re: Anyone else playing the Powerball for the $450 million Jackpot? [Re: JvF]
    #22741029 - 01/05/16 08:18 PM (5 years, 1 month ago)

I think its funny that once the powerball gets big enough people finally deign it worthwhile to play. Like as if 15 million dollars wouldn't completely change your life so its not even worth playing

--------------------

A cautious young fellow named Lodge / Had seat belts installed in his Dodge. / When his date was strapped in / He committed a sin / Without even leaving the garage. That's clever, isn't it?-A boy and his dog

InvisibleZippoZM
Knomadic
 User Gallery

Re: Anyone else playing the Powerball for the $450 million Jackpot? [Re: bloodsheen]
    #22741050 - 01/05/16 08:22 PM (5 years, 1 month ago)

at a certain point, i think it would be a jackpot of about 580 million, the net present potential value of a ticket is actually higher than the cost of the ticket.

I.E. if it wasnt for taxes, and the huge logistical hurdle, if you bought every possible combination, you would come out ahead.

Aside from those rare instances, its never actually 'worth' it.

Huh, i wonder what the weight of all of that ticket paper would be, and what the recycling value would come to. you'd probably make like 30 grand just selling the scrap paper HAHAHA

--------------------
PEACE

InvisibleSheekle
FREE BURKE
 User Gallery

#22741070 - 01/05/16 08:27 PM (5 years, 1 month ago)

so if i got one of these tmrw on my way home from work at like 4pm i'd be in the contest thing amirite?

--------------------
"The more I see you post the more I realize you're just this fuckin tie dye loser who trolls the Shroomery 24/7." - Herbologist
"Sheekle you cannot vile the dice of bullshit you have posted on this forum over the years, I like databases" - thelastoneleft

OfflineMorel Guy
Stranger
 User Gallery

#22741081 - 01/05/16 08:28 PM (5 years, 1 month ago)

Been a fairly regular player for about 4 years.  Been playing the same numbers for about 2 years. 

Best I've done so far is 4 of the first 5 balls with an auto quick pick(mega millions) and 3 of the first 5 and the power-ball.

Never did better than 4 balls!  I get the multipliers so if I get the first five I get at least 2 million and upwards of 5.  I could live off a couple million and pursue interests ok with that.

InvisibleZippoZM
Knomadic
 User Gallery

Re: Anyone else playing the Powerball for the $450 million Jackpot? [Re: Morel Guy]
    #22741121 - 01/05/16 08:35 PM (5 years, 1 month ago)

yeah, after taxes, winning a million, you would end up with around like $600,000. Managed right, you'd never have to work again.

then again, you could blow that same amount in a day, or even an hour in vegas.

--------------------
PEACE

InvisibleshLong
Male User Gallery

Loc: 'sconsin Flag
    #22741137 - 01/05/16 08:41 PM (5 years, 1 month ago)

I had $2 change at the store the other day and bought one line.

It'd be pretty sick if I won.
No more need to pimp out cutting boards to make ends meet :lol:

speaking of which, I have 3 very nice ones I marked way down if anyone is interested :mod: :lol:

InvisibleAdden
I'm a teapot
Loc: Flag
Re: Anyone else playing the Powerball for the $450 million Jackpot? [Re: shLong]
    #22741145 - 01/05/16 08:43 PM (5 years, 1 month ago)

PM pics?

--------------------

InvisibleshLong
Male User Gallery

Re: Anyone else playing the Powerball for the $450 million Jackpot? [Re: Adden]
    #22741162 - 01/05/16 08:48 PM (5 years, 1 month ago)

One sec

Offlinebloodsheen
ChemChaplin
Male User Gallery

Re: Anyone else playing the Powerball for the $450 million Jackpot? [Re: shLong]
    #22741177 - 01/05/16 08:50 PM (5 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

shLong said:
I had $2 change at the store the other day and bought one line.

It'd be pretty sick if I won.
No more need to pimp out cutting boards to make ends meet :lol:

speaking of which, I have 3 very nice ones I marked way down if anyone is interested :mod: :lol:

Not gonna lie shLong, its people like you that stop me from being a window shopper. I remember you posting some absolutely sick nasty things you've done and I felt bad I don't have the money to buy them. When I got into an artist's shop to look around I always feel so guilty because here somebody is trying to make a living and here I am using them for free entertainment

Same with that one guy on here who posted some of the glass work hes done. His oil rigs are absolute works of art, but if I'm spending 700+ for a devise to use drugs I'm buying a volcano, you know?

--------------------

A cautious young fellow named Lodge / Had seat belts installed in his Dodge. / When his date was strapped in / He committed a sin / Without even leaving the garage. That's clever, isn't it?-A boy and his dog

InvisibleshLong
Male User Gallery

Re: Anyone else playing the Powerball for the $450 million Jackpot? [Re: bloodsheen]
    #22741186 - 01/05/16 08:52 PM (5 years, 1 month ago)

For sure.
Nothing to feel bad about, though. At all :lol:

The ones I have are between $45 and $75.. Not the Super crazy ones

InvisibleSheekle
FREE BURKE
 User Gallery

#22741201 - 01/05/16 08:56 PM (5 years, 1 month ago)

so midnight wednsday does that mean 27 hours from now or 3 hours from now i mean makes sense to be 27 but figured i'd double check b4 missing my chance

--------------------

InvisibleshLong
Male User Gallery

#22741204 - 01/05/16 08:56 PM (5 years, 1 month ago)

Sorry.. Didn't mean to derail this bitch.
:pm: me if ya wanna chat :mod:

I'd buy lifetime tickets to Burning Man and Six Flags 1st of all with the lotto cash :pimp:

Offlinebloodsheen
ChemChaplin
Male User Gallery

#22741236 - 01/05/16 09:02 PM (5 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

shLong said:
Sorry.. Didn't mean to derail this bitch.
:pm: me if ya wanna chat :mod:

I'd buy lifetime tickets to Burning Man and Six Flags 1st of all with the lotto cash :pimp:

Once I'm set up and have my life in order I may take you up on that. I love to cook and pretty kitchen gadgets make me cream my jeans

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | Next > | Last >

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Edibles, CBD Topicals

Community >> The Pub