Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleMerkin
neep.
 User Gallery

Loc: Ass Flavoured Pie Factory
Tripping with Syrian Rue(only)
    #2265080 - 01/23/04 07:15 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

2 windows I know of, will be preparing 2 tablespoons(12 grams each? alot of those tiny seedies) of P.Harmala seeds using the lemon/water process, and straining a few times.
The windows should be quite familiar at avoiding certain types of food with the rue, but would like to know some other helpful hints and tips from some of the more educated. Whatever it might be, preperation techniques, or trip recommendations :laugh:
They are also looking forward in trying ayahuasca sometime soon.

:crying:

peace

--------------------
Wheels of cheese wheeels of cheeeeese!!!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineRemut
Green Thumb
Re: Tripping with Syrian Rue(only) [Re: Merkin]
    #2265097 - 01/23/04 07:28 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Rue can be hard on the tummy have some weed on hand but the extract done with lemon juice is very high in PH. Ive has some tracers when looking at things but i also got sick for 6 hours.(at 9 grams) It takes about 2 hours to kick in at peaks at 3.5 hours. Watching movie on this stuff just blows me away i get very involved in the show any have cryed watching other movies. It realy plays with my emotions magifiying them several times over. The anti depressent effect seems to go away at 5 hours but the body is still very tipys. The avarge dose for me was 3-6 grams made into a extract. At six i was just able to keep my tummy from getting sick. My body felt like it was made of foam i felt very light.

--------------------
DO what I Would

InvisibleMerkin
neep.
 User Gallery

Re: Tripping with Syrian Rue(only) [Re: Remut]
    #2265122 - 01/23/04 07:45 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

unfortunately there will be no bud :frown:, but we'l probably be drinking ginger to help the nausea. what kind of experience did you actually have apart from tracers?and the peak?
thanks for the info
peace

--------------------

Invisiblezeta
Stranger

#2266733 - 01/23/04 06:38 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

I think you mean a low pH
Lemon juice has a pH of about 2.2

Invisiblepsychopsilocyber
Male

#2266752 - 01/23/04 06:50 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

To me it looks like you and a friend are going to eat some crushed up rue seeds. If you do this you'll never do this again. Everytime I've heard of people eating strait rue seeds(powder) I hear of horible stomach pains and sickness on the toilet. If you want to do this you have MUST do a simple water extraction. All you have to do (laymans) is soak the seeds and strain/filter the water, that is enough to leave the nasty sickness in the seed mush.

Other than that I wonder if doing rue alone is even worth it, I mean after some insane rue extract/mushroom experiences I see rue as more of an additive. Keep in mind that harmine/harmaline are only hallucinogenic at close to toxic doses, I wouldnt do as much as you were planning to if it were me, I probably just wouldnt do that.

Edited by psychopsilocyber (01/23/04 06:53 PM)

InvisibleMerkin
neep.
 User Gallery

Re: Tripping with Syrian Rue(only) [Re: psychopsilocyber]
    #2266791 - 01/23/04 07:14 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

hmmm, yeah we are planning to strain the seeds and keep the liquid. is the amount were preparing risky at all in any way?
hmm
thanks

--------------------

OfflineRemut
Green Thumb
    #2266814 - 01/23/04 07:29 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

The tracers lasted about a hour i was so fucked, i cant give a time but maby 4 hours from doseing.

Beside the tracers my body was very light, mood was happy, and when i layed down and focused on my body i had a odd feeling as if i was floating in jello. A slight pressure all around me. Then there the depth of sight the tv could be 5 feet away but appeared no bigger that 6 inch screen. I found my slef getting lost in the images on the tv trying to focus into the background image of the screen.
But the feild of depth did not bother me it was trippy.

--------------------
DO what I Would

InvisibleMerkin
neep.
 User Gallery

#2266820 - 01/23/04 07:33 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

how many grams did you prepare and what preparation technique did you use?

--------------------

InvisibleMerkin
neep.
 User Gallery

#2266856 - 01/23/04 08:01 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

would anyone please say what the near toxic dose is??

--------------------

Offlinegnrm23
Carpal Tunnel
Loc: n. e. OH, USSA
    #2267853 - 01/24/04 08:48 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

there are reports filed here & there on the web...
harmaline may be a bit more neurotoxic than harmine, but 12 grams of seeds sounds like a lot...
pure alkaloids ingestion (harmine/harmaline 50/50?) is reported to be too heavy at doses around 1,000 mg...
you can "feel' doses as lower than 50 mg...
full inhibition of bodily MAO activity usually occurs between 150 and 250 mg...
whatever "trippy" effects may be (for most folks) ought to occur between 300 & 600 mg (about the same dosage level as mescaline)...
anything over 750 mg & you are pushing towards "toxic delerium" or something like it...
~
crude extracts of the seeds (or whole ground seeds) may have significant amounts of other beta-carbolines (harmalol, etc.) & non-betacarbs (peganine, etc.) some of which are fairly neurotoxic (convulsants, emetics), & some of which seem to be anticholinergic in their effects, & some are reported to be uterotonic (which indicates that it can play games with human sex hormones)...
~
& at high dosage levels, you might want ot start paying closer attention to the dietary restrictions associated with many other prescrition MAOIs - at least for a few hours before dosing until a few hours after coming down...
it could be quite possible to develop a killer headache from drinking a glass of chianti or eating a banana..(anecdote: long ago a freind was having a prty/music bash at a place way out in the country... and there was a fair amount of reasonably pure harmal salts going around that night... and my friend ahd to field a phone call with a person who managed to really piss him off... well, ok, but usually that "pissed-off feeling" goes away after a few minutes... well, that night, whatever "rage hormones" (epinephrine? nor-epinephrine? DOPA? whatever) his adrenal glands released just kept floating around in his bloodstream for hours... and he felt angry for hours (even though his brain knew that the reason for the upset was long ever, his body wouldn't listen...
so do play safe with this stuff, it can pack a mean whallop...
~
(tech note: and it is so easy to prep HCl salts straight from seeds using only vinegar, water, & table salt (canning salt is much purer...); & prepping a smokable freebase needs only laundry ammonia - and weighing & capping up "pure" HCl salts allows better control over dosing levels & rates (say 100 mg every 30 minutes or something like that...), & no nasty taste...
& you still might well end up vomiting, heh...
~
(another problem with seeds - whole, or crude-extract - is how efficient is your extraction, and what was the original alkaloid percentage in the seeds (3% or 8% ???), 'cause 200 mg of harmala-stuff into you is gonna feel a whole lot different from 600, lemme tell ya...)
~
~

--------------------
old enough to know better
not old enough to care

Offlinegnrm23
Carpal Tunnel
Loc: n. e. OH, USSA
    #2267858 - 01/24/04 08:51 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

oh, and somehwere (erowid? lycaeum?) is dr shulgin's musings on syrian rue seeds & alkaloid content, volume measurements (teaspoons, tablespoons) & weight(well, mass) & such...
i'm sure there's a link somewhere, 'cause this topic has been done before (but i didn't say UTFSE now, did i?)
~
~

--------------------
old enough to know better
not old enough to care

Male

Re: Tripping with Syrian Rue(only) [Re: gnrm23]
    #2267886 - 01/24/04 09:32 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Here's your link upon request: Ask Shulgin

InvisibleMerkin
neep.
 User Gallery

#2269703 - 01/24/04 10:18 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Im never ever doing that again. what a bad experience :frown:~

--------------------

Male

#2272192 - 01/25/04 04:25 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

I warned you

InvisibleMerkin
neep.
 User Gallery

#2274018 - 01/26/04 07:27 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

thanks for all the info guys. esp gnrm23

--------------------

InvisibleBadEnglish
Chief Of Staff

#2274237 - 01/26/04 09:31 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

what made it bad?just curious.

--------------------

OfflineBardo
Re: Tripping with Syrian Rue(only) [Re: BadEnglish]
    #2287677 - 01/30/04 04:58 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

I tried it once a year or two back, with about 8-10 g. of raw harmala-powder. I think it took about an hour to kick in, and I got the most insane tracers ever. I had no psycical discomfort at any time, but I could feel I needed to lay very still, or it would come on hard. My motor-skills was very effected, but the psycadelic effect took a long time to come on, and wasn't very profound. CEV was rare, but every once in a while I would get amazing and very "real" CEV's. They only lasted for a few seconds though. I actually dosed off somewhere in the trip, but woke up still tripping... The whole trip lasted for about 6 hours I guess. Kinda boring in the end though

InvisibleMerkin
neep.
 User Gallery

Re: Tripping with Syrian Rue(only) [Re: Bardo]
    #2289207 - 01/31/04 06:36 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Yeah Bardo, sounds similiar. Badenglish. It was the unbearable nausea and feeling of sickness, like after 1.5 hours of ingestion.
I had to keep very still as to not make it even worse. I spewed up like 999 times man :blush:,
I guess I sort of got out of body with the completely realistic CEVs, like, I would be seeing a part of the room from a different angle than I would actually be facing. All the outlines on evey object had like and extra 20 outlines on them, like, say, similiar to a vibration or something. I hated it though, I just wanted it to end :<
The sickness helped the psychological side turn negative et etc
peace

--------------------

Edited by Merkaba (01/31/04 06:42 AM)

InvisibleJohn
ssdp.org

Loc: Vancouver, B.C.
    #2290440 - 01/31/04 07:17 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

no nausea ime with this method
http://www.erowid.org/plants/syrian_rue/syrian_rue_extraction2.shtml
easy as hell

syrian rue is defentaly an add on not something any good by itself imo, great with shrooms.

--------------------
There's a thin line between sanity and insanity... and I just snorted it.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds