Home | Community | Message Board

Vaposhop
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Grateful Dead

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineLightningfractal
Nutcase

Loc: Heaven and Hell
I had a wierd dream dude..
    #2273533 - 01/26/04 03:35 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

I was in this big assed mental hospital run by the military, there must have been like 2000 people there.

I kept escaping and getting brought back.

I was the only one in the whole place that had music playing (from a tape player). My music inspired more people to escape with me. (Stevie Nicks).

There were rubber stairways and they were orange.

My mom got me out once but I went back for my I.D. card and got caught sleeping in the library and was recaptured.

The place had potential for big parties, but the powers in charge never allowed any.

What did this all mean?

--------------------
Hi how's it going, wanna kick Heroin basically painlessly on your own, in your own house, without any government "help" ,or the "help" of a crazy condescending, judgmental medical doctor? Read this:

https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php?Cat=0&Board=42&Number=7342616&page=0&fpart=all

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension Flag
Re: I had a wierd dream dude.. [Re: Lightningfractal]
    #2273544 - 01/26/04 03:41 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

you feel trapped in your current situation?

OfflineLightningfractal
Nutcase

Re: I had a wierd dream dude.. [Re: Shroomism]
    #2273551 - 01/26/04 03:47 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Yeah but after that dream I felt free-er than usual this morning. I even commented about how it must be the first day of spring in Florida.

What do I have to do to get free?

--------------------
Hi how's it going, wanna kick Heroin basically painlessly on your own, in your own house, without any government "help" ,or the "help" of a crazy condescending, judgmental medical doctor? Read this:

https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php?Cat=0&Board=42&Number=7342616&page=0&fpart=all

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
    #2273552 - 01/26/04 03:48 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

lol yeah that's kinda what I gathered but wasn't going to post anything because I'm certainly no dream expert or anything but hey now there's something posted that supports this claim, so I'll back it up!

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

Offlinerecalcitrant
My Own God

Loc: Canada West
    #2273554 - 01/26/04 03:49 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

You want to have sex with your mother. You let others define who you are, and you want it to stop. You're not fighting the powers that be.

fuck if I know.

--------------------

We have to answer our own prayers

OfflineLightningfractal
Nutcase

Re: I had a wierd dream dude.. [Re: Strumpling]
    #2273560 - 01/26/04 03:52 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

I'm scared, can I come to your house?

--------------------

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
    #2273565 - 01/26/04 03:54 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

um.. well without knowing your life I can't say for sure.. but a general rule of thumb is to face whatever fears or unresolved issues are holding you down, and evaluate your relationships with others and decide whether to nurture them, leave them be, or cut them off.

of course there could be more implications to the dream which you would have to reflect on and figure out intuitively.

OfflineLightningfractal
Nutcase

#2273585 - 01/26/04 04:06 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Damn, and I was just starting to think that all this meant that i am god, and about to make miraculous changes to my destiny. Especially since it was Stevie Nicks. j/k

But:..........

This dream, whatever it was, gave me power that much I am certain. It feels now like I actually OWN the building I was tormented in ...in the dream.

It seems like this was a MAJOR house cleaning. I feel extremely elated.

Shed any light on that?

--------------------

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
    #2273591 - 01/26/04 04:10 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

"Damn, and I was just starting to think that all this meant that i am god, and about to make miraculous changes to my destiny."

This is precisely what it means, but I think the dream was also trying to tell you that YOU HAVE TO MAKE THE CHANGES YOURSELF.

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
    #2273598 - 01/26/04 04:13 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

oh yeah.. that means you control your reality.

it means whatever you think about, and will to happen, will happen.

And you are god of your reality. And next time you are in the house, you can go through walls, you can crawl on the ceiling, you can fly. no one can catch you.

it was a lucid dream, by the sounds of it. the type that teaches you important stuff.

OfflineLightningfractal
Nutcase

#2273615 - 01/26/04 04:26 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Well I usually, especially towards the end of the world where I am presented with fewer choices, tend to sit back and let the answers filter into me like coffee.

I percieve myself to be an unsolved mathematical expression soon to be set free by powers, and more importantly times yet unexperienced.

In other words, I am as a monkey at the controls. I need do nothing to extract the purest and sweetest rewards from life.

Prove me wrong if you can. It's getting very , very late, and it matters less and less what I do, yet I shall remain in ecstacy.

Time's almost up. I can tell because I can no longer get into much trouble. I know my destination yet not my path if that makes any sense. I chose to look away, just to see what would happen..

How sweet it is.

I love you people..

I used to drive jerry garcia's people nuts when what I did mattered more.

I just used to just bounce along. Still do. ..Bounce, bounce, bounce...

--------------------

OfflineLightningfractal
Nutcase

#2273624 - 01/26/04 04:31 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Plus I still say that smiley face is canadian too.

--------------------

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
    #2273648 - 01/26/04 04:50 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

"I need do nothing to extract the purest and sweetest rewards from life."

I may be misunderstanding you here, but in my opinion this is TOTALLY ABSURD.

As soon as mankind made money a requirement of "normal life," your above idea flew out the window. Even so, one cannot live life and do nothing at the same time - that is impossible.

I think the only reward you will extract from life if you "do nothing" is death because life costs work. I thought a reward was for a "job well done." If you're not doing anything at all, what rewards would come?

Unfortunately I think you will have to work your ass off (like basically everybody else) to get out of this prison. If nobody can help you, it leaves it UP TO YOU.

You had said you know your destination but not your path? This is absurd too in my opinion..... I could say I know my destination is to become a billionaire but that doesn't mean its going to happen. Life isn't about the destination (death,) its about the path (life!)! If you want to reach your destination (goal?) then you will need to carve a path for yourself - If you just go with the flow, just bounce along, then who knows where the current will take you. If you're not afraid of arriving at a different destination than what you desire, then continue bouncing along. If you want to get to the destination you saw, then you've gotta dig your way there!!

Progress Costs Work.

--------------------

Anonymous

#2273972 - 01/26/04 08:41 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

- Post History Deleted Upon User's Request -

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Re: I had a wierd dream dude.. [Re: ]
    #2274402 - 01/26/04 12:31 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

yeah mr mushrooms is right.

resume doing nothing immediately - it is your path.

--------------------

OfflineLightningfractal
Nutcase

#2274869 - 01/26/04 04:09 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

It's spiritual of which I spoke, not material. Destination is a pool of living energy. Inevitable.

The material shit that occurs here on this planet is irrelevant. Life is merely a pleasurable way to pass the time away.

It's O.K. to just bounce along, if that's what U wanna do, because in the end the only questions that matters are:

"Did you live your life the way you wanted to, or did you live your life to satisfy society? Are YOU satisfied with the life you lived? Did you love others, or did you destroy yourself with greed, envy, and hatred??

Those kinds of questions.

Bounce, bounce...

I'm like the little fucking bouncing thing on the Paxil commercial just bouncing around smiling and sniffin' flowers.

Hee!

--------------------

OfflineFrog
Warrior
Female User Gallery

Loc: The Zero Point Field
    #2274903 - 01/26/04 04:25 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Lighteningfractal: "This dream, whatever it was, gave me power that much I am certain. It feels now like I actually OWN the building I was tormented in ...in the dream.

It seems like this was a MAJOR house cleaning. I feel extremely elated.

Shed any light on that?"

I once had a counselor that helped me work through some dreams. She would have me be each thing, or person, or crowd, or whatever, and then say what I was thinking, or feeling. So be the house, and tell us what the house is thinking, etc....

The discussion between Strumpling and Lighteningfractal on materialism and spiritualism, etc.:

I believe we have to "be" or "do" something in life, but we don't have to worry about the material aspects. I think we can just sort of bounce along, when we're doing what work we're supposed to be doing. I like to think of it as the thing that God wants me to be, in order to help Him here on Earth.

And according to my beliefs, you can't just do "nothing". There was a parable in the bible, which I will probably get wrong, but there are three slaves who each receive, from their master, a sum of money.

Two of them do something with the money, and increase the amount. But the third buries it so it won't be lost, and he gives back to his master the same amount he was given. The master chastized him for hiding his "gift" and not increasing it or using it for something good. Something like that. (Where's Markos?)

The moral is that we're each given gifts by God to use while we're here. Yes, we can do what we want, and not fulfill our destiny, but what a waste.

--------------------
The day will come when, after harnessing the ether, the winds, the tides, gravitation, we shall harness for God the energies of love. And, on that day, for the second time in the history of the world, man will have discovered fire.  -Teilard

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
    #2274926 - 01/26/04 04:33 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

"The material shit that occurs here on this planet is irrelevant. Life is merely a pleasurable way to pass the time away."

I'm sorry but I disagree completely.

Why not just off yourself then? Just purchase a gun, stick it up against the side of your head, and pull the trigger? BAM, destination reached. Gee how fulfilling is that?

Life is merely a pleasurable way to pass the time away compared to what?

Man put your feet back on the ground - don't pretend you won't need a job and some money in this world to be comfortable and live "pleasurably." I see homeless crackheads wandering los angeles and believe me they are not living comfortably and pleasurably, although they basically DO NOTHING - they just bounce, boing, boing, bounce along like the paxil commercial. Bouncing right into the fucking gutter...

This "DO NOTHING" attitude modern people have is going to worsen our state of affairs here on this planet IMO.

All of this ranting of course is coming from a guy who's been on the forum ALL DAY :wink: lol I should go DO SOMETHING.

--------------------

OfflineLightningfractal
Nutcase

#2276946 - 01/27/04 09:58 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

don't pretend you won't need a job and some money in this world to be comfortable and live "pleasurably."

You still don't get it. When I say "bounce along" I mean spiritually. To accept the beauty of life as is without trying to dissect the meaning from the universe.

For some, smelling the flowers is enough, it is not necessary for them to understand why flowers are here.

Right now I'm bouncing along in college. I told you I'm speaking of spiritual things, I don't see how the words "job", "bum" and "crackhead" fit in to this conversation all that well.

--------------------

OfflineFrog
Warrior
Female User Gallery

Loc: The Zero Point Field
    #2277241 - 01/27/04 12:12 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

I understand. I am "bouncing" along, as well. That's why I started the thread called "flying by the seat of my pants". It's fun. You're still doing life, but you're not worried about anything. Everything is sort of taken care of, or will be taken care of when you get to it. No worries at all.

I like to watch for patterns. *ducking*

--------------------
The day will come when, after harnessing the ether, the winds, the tides, gravitation, we shall harness for God the energies of love. And, on that day, for the second time in the history of the world, man will have discovered fire.  -Teilard

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Amazon Shop for: Grateful Dead

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology