Home | Community | Message Board

Edabea
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineNoviseer
Percussion isFree
 User Gallery

Minimizing the rough come-up
    #2273136 - 01/26/04 12:40 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Don't get me wrong... I like a good come-up.  A little rough and shakey, a nervous anticipation akin to pulling down the shoulder harness on a roller coaster.  But when the come-up passes some invisible line of roughness, it screws up my whole trip, and the nausea, yawning, and anxiety don't dissolve as easily.  I have a much more visual, disorienting trip, rather than the euphoric understanding, the sense of connectedness, the confidence, the love, that I often experience.  My last trip went bad because I (unintentionally) fasted for a long time, and ate 2.5g of shake.  The come up was so intense and nauseating that I passed out. 

I'm not asking for advice on handling the mental "mind-fuck" aspect of the come-up.  I've got that more or less under control.  I have enough experience now to understand and TRULY BELIEVE that the rougnness will pass, and the peak will be great.  My problem is the physical response to the come-up that sometimes happens, and sometimes doesn't.  Why am I sometimes I nauseated, yawning wreck, and have to lay there quiet, not talking, and freaking out my friends?  Why sometimes, on the same dose, do I barely even notice a negative come-up?  I'm looking for physical advice, such as what to eat, drink, smoke :cool: before/during the come-up phase, that will help minimize nausea and other related physical problems while allowing me to explore slightly higher doses. 

That said, one of the best parts of the trip for me is when that cold, clammy nausea subtly slips into a beautiful body high.  Its not even that different of a feeling!  Its just as if some small setting in my body changes a little bit, and all the sudden I'm "re-born" as you might say, feeling AMAZING physically and spiritually.

--------------------

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinevalour
Swordbearer

Loc: USA
Re: Minimizing the rough come-up [Re: Noviseer]
    #2274023 - 01/26/04 09:30 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Having a little bread or similar low-fat thing in your stomach during the come up (or when nausea starts) can help. Also consider Papaya Extract and/or Ginger (or Ginger Ale/Beer).

Lots of people recommend smoking some pot as well.

--------------------
"Remember, son,
I didn't sell out-
I bought in."

OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
    #2274151 - 01/26/04 10:55 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

> Why sometimes, on the same dose, do I barely even notice a negative come-up?

I have two or three theories, but no hard facts:

1) You are sometimes eating contaminated fruit.

2) Not all fruit are the same strength. You can have two fruit bodies growing side by side... one dripping with magic, and the second with nothing.

3) You are taking different weights. A little bit can go a long way taking a pleasant third into a difficult fourth.

4) Set and setting... sometimes your mind, body, and the universe are in synch to experience the trip... other times they are not. For me, mushrooms amplify what I am feeling... if something small is bugging me, that can become a major issue while tripping. If I am sort of happy before I start, I will be manic while tripping.

Of course, there are many other possibilities as well... but these are the ones that seem to make a large difference for me.

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
    #2274425 - 01/26/04 12:40 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

minimizing the come-up for me is simply in realizing "hey I'm gunna trip.. relax :smile:"

works every time

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

OfflineNoviseer
Percussion isFree
 User Gallery

Re: Minimizing the rough come-up [Re: Strumpling]
    #2274668 - 01/26/04 02:41 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Thats the thing, strumpling. Mentally, I'm excited and happy that I've ingested mushrooms. I anticipate the amazing clarity thats about to ambush me. Its just my body, my chi, that doesn't want to cooperate sometimes. Does anyone think tea would help? I like a good slow come-up, and a long trip. Would making tea, but taking my time in drinking it (20-30 minutes) help me achieve this?

--------------------

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
    #2274735 - 01/26/04 03:10 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

yes it would definitely slow the onset of the substance but you might forget to finish it when you start tripping :wink:

Spending a half hour consuming tea will have you tripping balls as you finish it, I would think.

Keep us posted! Oh also for the onset, get a book of art or like a very simple video game to play or something, and before you know it you'll be like "hahahaaa I can't read/play this right now man I'm FUCKIN TRIPPING NOW!"

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.

Offlinewindowlicker42
    #2275526 - 01/26/04 08:07 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

find something to do that will keep you occupied for thirty minutes. focus on the task at hand and before you know it things start breathing wait a couple more minutes then, with the help of a glass bong preferably, smoke yourself retarded. sooner rather than later you will feel the mushroom overpowering the bud and its on like donkey kong

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
Re: Minimizing the rough come-up [Re: Strumpling]
    #2275774 - 01/26/04 10:17 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Strumpling said:
yes it would definitely slow the onset of the substance but you might forget to finish it when you start tripping :wink:

Spending a half hour consuming tea will have you tripping balls as you finish it, I would think.

Keep us posted! Oh also for the onset, get a book of art or like a very simple video game to play or something, and before you know it you'll be like "hahahaaa I can't read/play this right now man I'm FUCKIN TRIPPING NOW!"

^^Thats a great idea that I think I'll try.  One time I was reading a novel after ingesting, and before I knew it I was rolling around on the ground laughing at how silly the words sounded in my head. 

But a book of art would be great to read, thanks for the tip.  :smile:

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Re: Minimizing the rough come-up [Re: MOTH]
    #2277819 - 01/27/04 04:07 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

reading during the onset is very interesting

slowly I stop paying attention to more and more of the words, and soon I'm simply looking at random letters and words all over the page, observing how each paragraph looks totally different as a whole, looking at all these strange symbols that are supposed to mean something to all of us and - HAHAHAAA WOAH I'M TRIPPING ALREADY!!!

that kinda thing..

--------------------

OfflineTheSlapnCapn
Slappin' thangs.
Male User Gallery

Loc: zee mountain state
    #2278939 - 01/27/04 09:55 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

I've started taking my doses and breaking them up somewhat and then dividing it into 4 same-sized piles then eat one pile and another pile 5 minutes after the last so it takes 20 minutes to eat the full dose and I've found the come-ups to be amazingly smooth compared to back when I'd just take my handful of shrooms/shroom dust and chew it up then swallow as fast as possible...

-j

--------------------
I promise to live, love, exist, and be, and hope that all life will love to be in existence with me. Also, fuck you.

-j

Invisibleutopianglory
Spunkmuffin
    #2279221 - 01/27/04 11:59 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

The best way for me to minimise a rough comeup is to take speed so that the come up corresponds to the hour of invincibility feeling that comes with speed :smile:

Really, I think a good cup of coffee with plenty of caffeine would be similiar.  What you want is to avoid feeling negative about the coming tide, so a slightly mood lightening substance like caffeine is great.  (if you can't solve yourself of course).

I don't expect many people to condone my suggestion of course.  On the more practical idea side of things here are a few ideas:

- Dry up shrooms and gelcap them.  This takes away the unpleasant situation of having to eat them, I found this to be a horrible way to start a trip until I found the gelcap method.

- The more distractions there are around you (loud music etc) the less the comeup will be in intensity.  When you are sitting down with little to no distractions your senses are attuned to the effects, this leaves you alone only the effects.  Better to immediately assign effects on music, where you are already receiving a barrage of sensory information.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience