Home | Community | Message Board

Vaposhop
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Seeds Store buy cannabis seeds, Buy CBD   Amazon Scales

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Anonymous

A question about your personal experience with mushrooms?
    #2271785 - 01/25/04 03:55 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Last night, I took about 2.5 grams of mushrooms and while I was tripping something very profound and for the first time in the larges form ever was experienced by me.

Has anyone while tripping realized a constant battle between good and evil going on within yourself? I came to the realization while trippen and saw very profoundly the signs in the world and in the room I was in of this battle taking place. Its hard to explain and I probably arent making much sense but suddenly I started breathing very hard taking in the beauty of my surroundings and my mind started feeling higher and higher while my body sank more and more into tranquility. While this was happening I realizing something was trying for it not to happen like a battle. The TV would change as the battle was taking place the dialouge.. Can anyone relate to this experience at all?

I think it had a very profound effect on my life and brought me a lot closer to god.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineAlan Stone
Corpus

Loc: Ten feet up
Re: A question about your personal experience with mushrooms? [Re: ]
    #2274346 - 01/26/04 12:12 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Basically, yeah, although I don't see evil and good as real forces (from your post I'm lead to believe you do). I see 'good' as constructive and productive, and 'evil' as counter-productive.

I trip to explore the depths of (human) consciousness, and what you'd call evil is a part of the psyche. I embrace it as I do my 'good' traits, and that allows me to live life without fear of myself. During trips, I've had my personal abyss magnified, and you know what Freud said: "If you stare into the abyss, it will stare right back". I suppose it's only natural to see yourself as a combination of productive and counter-productive, creative and destructive elements.
I myself don't wanna be goody two-shoes, nor do I want to be a complete fiend.

I'll have to see how I end up. I want to explore my full potential, and I suppose that could eventually mean I'll kill someone, just to know what it feels like. HOWever - I don't think I'll take it that far. To sum it up, I'd say I'm a delicate equilibrium of good and evil rather than a battle. I don't fight the urges, I simply supress them on a case-to-case basis, relying on my own ethics, and not society's (to give and example, it's foolish to say murder is only right in war circumstances, either it's universally wrong or it's universally justified for whatever reason, since war is waged for whatever reason).

--------------------
It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

- Aristotle

InvisibleEvolving
Resident Cynic

Loc: Apt #6, The Village
    #2274563 - 01/26/04 01:43 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

The battle is over, evil is contained. Unfortunately evil sometimes clamors for attention and wants to be fed like any prisoner. I throw him a bone from the fantasy freezer from time to time and tell him him to shut up.

--------------------
To call humans 'rational beings' does injustice to the term, 'rational.'  Humans are capable of rational thought, but it is not their essence.  Humans are animals, beasts with complex brains.  Humans, more often than not, utilize their cerebrum to rationalize what their primal instincts, their preconceived notions, and their emotional desires have presented as goals - humans are rationalizing beings.

Offlinenamaste
RuNnINg OwL
 User Gallery

Loc: Fiddler's Green
    #2274689 - 01/26/04 02:46 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Be careful, my dad goes thru life thinking everything's a battle, and everyone's out to get him and he doesn't even puff.  I can relate with you though, i drew a bunch of random characters from a Dr. Suess book, and it looks as though everyone is trying to sneak up on, or eat the other one, but then again my head is full of evolution/natural selection theories.  We can  put a filter(attitude) on and choose how we see life, everythings happy or everythings sad, or somewhere in between, it's our choice.  Trying to label something as good or evil is fruitless, because only thinking makes it so.  Something that appears frightening maybe  the mind's illusion, when it is actully there to help.  Invite it in, offer it some smoke.  Cool post Satori, sounds like you were trying to concentrate on a peaceful force but your programming machine didn't want you to? :shiftyeyes:

reminds me of this poem by Barbara Kingsolver

"Solitude is a human presumption.  Every quite step is thunder to beetle life underfoot, a tug of impalpable thread on the web pulling mate to mate and predator to prey, a beginning or an end.  Every choice is a world made new for the chosen."

--------------------

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
    #2274729 - 01/26/04 03:07 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

I don't really see "good" and "evil" but I totally see what you're saying.

I don't see it as so "binary" though where its like one and the other - I see it as a sliding scale.

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Original Seeds Store buy cannabis seeds, Buy CBD   Amazon Scales

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology