Home | Community | Message Board

DoubleBlind - Learn to Grow Mushrooms
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> The Pub

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains, USA West Coast Strains   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Amazon Salvia

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
InvisibleJean-guy Masta
Railyard Ghost
Male

Loc: MT-Hell
How common is audio hallucination?
    #22705185 - 12/27/15 02:46 PM (5 years, 2 months ago)

im not talking being super high or in psychosis hearing voice talking clearly or real clear noise .

it happened to me the most back then when i was using speed alot and drinking and not sleeping alot. when i was crashing its like unaudible background talking from the past night mix with white noise, but its not like its bothering me or anything its not scary at all i almost dont hear it. when i concentrate on the sound for a sec it completly dissapear. kinda feels like when youre young and you think you heard your mom saying supper is ready so you go upstairs ,but finnaly it was all in your head and supper isgonna be ready 20 min.

happened to me too on LSD quite often, when youre trying to sleep with still some L in your system. I kinda hear it when things move and other things make noise.

its really subtile, but i wonder what people think about this, is it common when youre crashing after a night of party adn abuse? it almsot feels like you still hear the party when something make noise

--------------------

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleRustifer
prestige worldwide
Male

Loc: Central Texas
Re: How common is audio hallcuination? [Re: Jean-guy Masta]
    #22705195 - 12/27/15 02:49 PM (5 years, 2 months ago)

some people are a lot more sensitive to it than others.

I've become very vulnerable to it the older i got. It got so bad when I was coming of benzos that I ended up thinking I was developing schizophrenia.

And mines pretty much exactly how you describe it... I always say it's like inaudible radio chatter behind me, or girls whispering.

OfflineMr. Wednesday
ODIN THE ALLFATHER
 User Gallery

Re: How common is audio hallcuination? [Re: Rustifer]
    #22705199 - 12/27/15 02:51 PM (5 years, 2 months ago)

I hear the whispers..mostly just on L tho

InvisibleJean-guy Masta
Railyard Ghost
Male

Re: How common is audio hallcuination? [Re: Mr. Wednesday]
    #22705288 - 12/27/15 03:09 PM (5 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

I've become very vulnerable to it the older i got. It got so bad when I was coming of benzos that I ended up thinking I was developing schizophrenia.

yea I can totally see how it can really be disturbing if its more intense and more regurlarly

one of my friend worst case i heard (hes a little psycho on the sides and he smokes a shit load of crack these days too) but one time he told me his entire night there was a TV commentator whispering all the time. it was driving him crazy.and i can understand it must be pretty disturbing

I talked about that with a few of my friend and all of them had heard simmilar things when crashing. we came to the conclusion its like because of all the noise during the night leaving a residual stimulis.

if its the case everybody should ear it,but yea maybe like you say some people are more sensitive

--------------------

OfflineJoe_C
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: How common is audio hallcuination? [Re: Mr. Wednesday]
    #22705319 - 12/27/15 03:15 PM (5 years, 2 months ago)

I think audible hallucinations happen more than most people think or even realize.  I suffer from severe PTSD and was'nt even aware of having hallucinations at first.  They happened during a time period when I was prescribed lots of both Xanax and Klonopin... I'm not sure if that made more susceptible or not ..

My 'hallucinations' were both audible and tactile...  I kept hearing my phone ring and would check my phone only to see there were no calls.  Even after I set my phone to vibrate and then keep it in my pocket I would 'feel' phone calls...  Truly weird, something in my mind would adapt my hallucinations to whatever ring-tone, etc... I would set my phone too.  After a while I would just keep my phone visible to see if there was a call and eventually the problem went away.

Regardless how nuts it seems my psychiatrist thought very little concern about my 'phone' issues and said it actually wasn't very uncommon at all... Phones in particular... Appearantly my brain was just anxious for some type of 'call'...  Just my 2 cents.

--------------------
"Man who stand on toilet high on pot." - Ancient Chinese Proverb

"If I had but one life to give for my country it would be that of a lawyer."

InvisibleJean-guy Masta
Railyard Ghost
Male

Re: How common is audio hallcuination? [Re: Joe_C]
    #22705398 - 12/27/15 03:31 PM (5 years, 2 months ago)

yea i get the phone thing, even when i dont have my phone some time lol.

but it happens mainly on the job or back then at school ,would make sense its related to stress or something.

but this does seems very common from what i know and its kinda different from what im talking about since its not a continuous noise. its one little false alarm. and it sounds or feel really real.

the voices i talk about on the other hand is really inaudible and i totally know its not real. and its a continuous thing. also it always happen to me when im crashing from a drug. especially stims and alcohol and psych.

edit: it doesnt happen everytime i do drugs tho ,it happens pretty rarely and only on major binges, while being sober or on weed it never happened.

Edited by Jean-guy Masta (12/27/15 03:40 PM)

OfflineAllGreyThumbs
Storage Container Aficionado
Male

Loc: Some savage little planet...
Re: How common is audio hallcuination? [Re: Jean-guy Masta]
    #22705641 - 12/27/15 04:40 PM (5 years, 2 months ago)

I worked shifts for years, and when I was really, really tired and short on sleep I'd hear this incessant chattering of semi-nonsense.  It was usually in the voices of people I had seem recently, and using little snippets of recent conversations arranged in random orders.  Of course I was always aware that it was an internal phenomenon.

I've also dug down during meditation and uncovered this chattering gibberish, seemingly at the heart of my mind.

What I think it is, is basically the equivalent of a cycle clock like in a computer.  It seems to be what drives the continual movement of internal dialog that moves though most people's minds almost continually.  In cases of drug use or exhaustion it becomes more obvious and nonsensical, but it is really there much of the time, constantly thinking, analyzing, never able to stop moving.

To stop thinking is to die, or so the mind that results from the computer like human brain believes.  Of course there is another aspect to us that is ever quiet and merely ovserves.  The computer like human mind, unable to stop moving, plus whatever the hell seems to silently watch the imagery and processes of the human mind...

--------------------
I only use drugs medicinally.  If I don't my knees hurt from kneeling down.

InvisibleNitrous Monkey
selftitled
 User Gallery

Loc: USA Flag
Re: How common is audio hallcuination? [Re: AllGreyThumbs]
    #22705770 - 12/27/15 05:02 PM (5 years, 2 months ago)

I have bad anxiety, and a fear of mine that's started the last year or so is developing schizophrenia. So I'm very aware of my hearing and vision. Like when I'm watching TV, and there's other noises going on in the house sometimes I think I hear a voice so automatically I think omg I'm hallucinating so then I pause the TV listen and usually I can debunk the noise as normal and actually happening. But I still fear that I'm going crazy. I hope its just obsessive compulsive disorder.

--------------------

InvisibleNitrous Monkey
selftitled
 User Gallery

Loc: USA Flag
Re: How common is audio hallcuination? [Re: Nitrous Monkey]
    #22705782 - 12/27/15 05:05 PM (5 years, 2 months ago)

Oh also something interesting a chick that I know that works at a hospital said after a long day at work she went home and was hearing the beeping of the medical machines. After a long day of hunting mushrooms I see the ground, grass and leaves and mushrooms when I close my eyes lol.

--------------------

OfflineAsanteA
low dose - high adventure
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Netherlands Flag
Re: How common is audio hallcuination? [Re: AllGreyThumbs]
    #22705802 - 12/27/15 05:08 PM (5 years, 2 months ago)

On MXE, hole doses, audio hallucinations are de rigeur. And not just subtle ones, super in-your-face ones. I had World War I related Holes where you heard the gas grenades popping, cylinders hissing, primitive tanks rolling by. There have been sounds akin to large rock festival like gatherings, angels have sung and played their musical instruments to me including (I'm sorry :grin:) bad karaoke versions of earth songs sang with lovely but unearthly accents, wilds Japanese adverts of the future for the latest versions of Pachinko, so much, so much.

Salvia taught me a song which Spirits of the Light use to beckon each other, and to seduce lower Spirits to come with them.

Audio hallucinations happen, especially on dissociatives.

--------------------
CDC  COVID  SELF-CHECKER  :syringe:  COVID  MAIN  THREAD  #2
Get 1 month's supplies in case of illness or calamity and help loved ones.
Strengthen your friendship ties - and exchange more favors and advice !

SEARCH ENGINE  SUPPORT TICKETS  STORE  SPONSORS/VENDORS  AMANI

personal Ethereum gifts w/o strings attached are very welcome at:
0x9e107aC7656A4b2Fc295Ef5157f06B8E313D7aFa    Ethereum?

OfflineBrown Buffalo
paisley superstar
Male

Re: How common is audio hallcuination? [Re: Asante]
    #22706275 - 12/27/15 06:58 PM (5 years, 2 months ago)

On my very first trip I was so strong audio hallucinating that I couldnt hear a word from my friends without laughing my ass off because of how funny everything was
Probably also because we were smoking our asses out every kind of exotic kinds of weed and hashish, even if I took not such an high dose of shrooms

Last time I took acid I had some very intense feelings of strange musics, with the best experience so far of a very chilling and safe vibe coming from a very very low frequence that left me definately :awesome:
Obviously while I was also seeing movies in my inner mind with eyes closed :ancientaliens:

Never actually worked my self that way, except from sometime focusing on music that really never turned out to be the real deal, I'm just getting to the conclusion that it happens only on the right mindset, or at least for me, since I had some fair experiences and rarely reached the cliff to dive from

OfflineTaliesen Wendt
Friend
Male User Gallery

Loc: Santa Rosa,. Cali Flag
Re: How common is audio hallcuination? [Re: Brown Buffalo]
    #22706286 - 12/27/15 07:01 PM (5 years, 2 months ago)

i have schizophrenic audio halllucinations but i havent had any lately, im diagnosed with schizoaffective disorder.  im really paranoid and delusional right now

--------------------
feels painful man

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains, USA West Coast Strains   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Amazon Salvia

Community >> The Pub