Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlineyvo84
Stranger
Mushroom ceremonies
    #22699888 - 12/25/15 09:37 PM (8 years, 3 months ago)

Hi all,
I've been reading about Ayahuasca for years now. Also Peyote and Ibogaine. All seem to have "ceremonies" attached to them, whereby a circle takes the substance and each individual goes on their personal journey, being looked after by a spiritual leader of some sort.

I was wondering (because I can't seem to find too much about it online) if similar sorts of ceremonies take place with the use of mushrooms. I know mushrooms are "lighter" than the above, but I feel more of an affinity with them for the moment.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflinePeyote Road
Stranger
Male
Loc: Great Lakes State
Re: Mushroom ceremonies [Re: yvo84]
    #22699982 - 12/25/15 10:01 PM (8 years, 3 months ago)

What do you mean lighter?

There are mushroom ceremonies, look up Mazatec indians and Maria Sabina.

--------------------
The path of the herbalist is to open ourselves to nature in an innocent and pure way. SHe in turn will open her bounty and reward us with many valuable secrets. May the earth bless you. - Michael Tierra

OfflineFishOilTheKid
Ascended
 User Gallery

#22700740 - 12/26/15 05:23 AM (8 years, 3 months ago)

This is all info from 2006-2007.  But your post reminded me of the story.  Don't know much of what else happened and can't seem to find much.  Didn't go so well for this individual.

Quote:

This is a letter that Pastor David of The Sacred Mushroom Church of Switzerland wrote to Marc Emery of Cannabis Culture.

Sacred Mushroom Church Pastor Jailed in Switzerland, Faces USA Extradition
by Pastor David (11 Jul, 2006)

Dear Marc Emery: I write this to you from prison in Switzerland. I’m in solitary detention here in a jail in Bern, unable to see my wife and children. I have been here since June 9th, 2006. My laptop, books and money have been confiscated. There is some kind of investigation of me in regards my Church of the Sacred Mushroom and our distribution of the wonderful mushrooms.

For years I tried to tell local Swiss officers of what I was doing: that I, Pastor David, was doing missionary work with the sacred mushrooms. I was ignored, now to be treated very harshly. They read my mail and perhaps are seizing correspondence sent to me. I am now in big trouble. My lawyer, jailers and the police have all said I may be extradited to stand trial in the United States for my mushroom work. I have been told that I have been indicted twice already by a US grand jury.

Swiss authorities have treated me like I’m the Taliban. I believe the Swiss are violating my citizenship by finding ways to have me extradited to the USA. If I make bail, I will inform you, but so far after four weeks I have no prospects for release. I’m being held without bail because officials see a “danger” of “collusion” as long as I can talk and write. I doubt my tongue and fingers will be cut off like worshippers of Teonanacatl experienced 500 years ago.

I asked for jurisdictional clearance from the police, they let me go on for years, and then when their ‘non-action’ was “understood” by me over these years, the police, without warning, raid me and put me in jail. I was naive, no doubt. But now I sit here waiting to find out if I will be sent to the US to spend my eternity in jail there.

My children of course do not understand, and my wife is heart broken. The religious community of Teonanicatl is now without support.

Teonanicatl bless you all,

Pastor David
In Jail in Bern,
Switzerland

https://drugs-forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=20808

Quote:

News

24th August 2007
Freedom! – for now...

On 10th August David was released from coercive detention. He is not allowed to leave Switzerland, though. A hearing will follow, but the date is still written in the stars. The call for donations is still up – the fight has not been won yet.

If you want to follow the latest developments, please visit the SMCS forum. Thank you all for your support during the hard time!

http://freedavid.org/news.en.pl

Don't know if there is an english only version of the forum.

Offlinezzripz
Stranger

Loc: Manchester, UK
Re: Mushroom ceremonies [Re: FishOilTheKid]
    #22701357 - 12/26/15 11:48 AM (8 years, 3 months ago)

This just shows VERY VERY clearly how the same mindset which invaded native peoples spaces and persecuted them, tortured and killed them, amongst other things, for their freedom to eat natural vegetation continues to this day!! Whilst war criminals not only get away scott free but are running governments of other war criminals. This is the ACTUAL world we are living in. The one most people are totally asleep to

Switzerland was supposed to be neutral in war etc etc but just shows you also how in tune it is with the global inquisition

Thanks for reminding me about this. I am curious to get an update

Offlinezzripz
Stranger

Re: Mushroom ceremonies [Re: zzripz] * 1
    #22701362 - 12/26/15 11:51 AM (8 years, 3 months ago)

the info about him seems to just stop dead in 2007. Anyone know what happened to him? Just tried Googling and got nothing

OfflineFishOilTheKid
Ascended
 User Gallery

Re: Mushroom ceremonies [Re: zzripz]
    #22701373 - 12/26/15 11:56 AM (8 years, 3 months ago)

There are some posts in English on the forum from this year you might check it out.  I didn't really read too much.  But if people are still posting maybe they would know.

OfflineFishOilTheKid
Ascended
 User Gallery

Re: Mushroom ceremonies [Re: FishOilTheKid]
    #22701375 - 12/26/15 11:57 AM (8 years, 3 months ago)

OfflineFishOilTheKid
Ascended
 User Gallery

#22701390 - 12/26/15 12:02 PM (8 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

zzripz said:
This just shows VERY VERY clearly how the same mindset which invaded native peoples spaces and persecuted them, tortured and killed them, amongst other things, for their freedom to eat natural vegetation continues to this day!! Whilst war criminals not only get away scott free but are running governments of other war criminals. This is the ACTUAL world we are living in. The one most people are totally asleep to

Switzerland was supposed to be neutral in war etc etc but just shows you also how in tune it is with the global inquisition

Thanks for reminding me about this. I am curious to get an update

Exact.  Yep.  Sad story.  Let me know if you find out what happened.

OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

Loc: South Florida Flag
Re: Mushroom ceremonies [Re: Peyote Road]
    #22701482 - 12/26/15 12:42 PM (8 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Peyote Road said:
What do you mean lighter?

There are mushroom ceremonies, look up Mazatec indians and Maria Sabina.

Did you know that a sabina means 'wise woman,' (derived from the ancient Sabines)* and that the actual name of the woman who came to be known as Maria Sabina was actually a woman named Eva Mendez? I have included a link to the original LIFE Magazine article which introduced our world to mushrooms on May 13, 1957. I have a copy of the magazine that I was fortunate to have located for $20.00. http://www.imaginaria.org/wasson/life.htm

* https://books.google.com/books?id=1dXwCAAAQBAJ&pg=PT220&lpg=PT220&dq='sabina'+means+wise+woman?&source=bl&ots=bW1pW9xaNz&sig=V1wBEgGXNfoDXLLsOxmrGET9KpA&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwi0vpzCpfrJAhUG7yYKHVJCAncQ6AEIIjAB#v=onepage&q='sabina'%20means%20wise%20woman%3F&f=false

I created my own mushroom ceremony long ago. But since I do not operate a 'church,' the ceremony will no doubt die with me. :lol:

--------------------
γνῶθι σαὐτόν - Gnothi Seauton - Know Thyself

Edited by MarkostheGnostic (12/26/15 12:49 PM)

Offlinezzripz
Stranger

Re: Mushroom ceremonies [Re: MarkostheGnostic]
    #22702103 - 12/26/15 03:48 PM (8 years, 3 months ago)

yes, surely if a ceremony is what you want isn't it creative and exciting to try something yourself, and every one can be different
But the movement of life itself is THE most surprising, and creative. I remember eating some shrooms one time. I had not planned any ritual, and was allowing spontaneity. I put on TV and was met by this strange snow scene where the camera was birds eye to this happening which I could not work out, and the camera got closer and closer and I was amazed to see it was a shamanic-looking man who was carrying a bear from a rickety hut which looked asleep. How RARE was such a scene on TV, and I happened to be tripping LOL

OfflineThatKidWithTheFace
R.I.P. ZIG R.I.P. Sloth
Male

Loc: All Good in Allgood
    #22702158 - 12/26/15 04:03 PM (8 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

MarkostheGnostic said:
I created my own mushroom ceremony long ago. But since I do not operate a 'church,' the ceremony will no doubt die with me. :lol:

Care to share some more info? I'd be interested in hearing it.

--------------------
Check Out My Beats
SoundCloud

[quote]Sheekle said:
[quote]ThatKidWithTheFace said:
Is this the same aunt that fucks dogs?[/quote]
u bet ur ass it is.[/quote]

OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

Re: Mushroom ceremonies [Re: ThatKidWithTheFace]
    #22705100 - 12/27/15 12:25 PM (8 years, 3 months ago)

Without intending to be obtuse, I prefer to keep the Sacred, somewhat secret, after the practice of the Mystery Rites at Eleusis where participants swore secrecy under pain of death (which is why there is only speculation today). In addition, I learned decades ago not to mention or discuss a magick ritual as it 'puts a hole in the bucket' of one's magickal intention. Suffice to say that as part of the practice, I have employed ritual vessels to consume the mushroom with. The dry, refrigerated, vacuum-sealed mushrooms are mechanically powdered just prior to consumption and mixed with cinnamon apple sauce (fruit pectin aids digestion and cinnamon is a carminative). A brief prayer is made (even a brief prayer 'sets' one's mind to a reverent attitude the intention being to dispel any lingering 'profane' attitude e.g., (mere entertainment, hedonism). The house, as I mentioned elsewhere is illuminated by candles and votives not electric light (only a blue-liquid lava lamp if participants want to see each other a little better), which gives it both a primitive and a 'churchy' feel, especially the study where I have a red votive in a holder with a filigreed cross in front in a fairly dark space - a sort of chapel or sanctum. So, the prayer is brief and serves to create the mind 'set' and the 'setting' is the whole house and back yard if one is so disposed to go outside where there is a pool, hot tub and grass with Buddha statues.

--------------------

OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

#22705182 - 12/27/15 12:46 PM (8 years, 3 months ago)

The ritual is too brief and unstructured to really be called a ceremony, yet it is intended to elicit a mind-set which separates the sacred from the profane. The only time I use the TV is pull up a 2-hour kaleidoscope vid on YouTube as background, sound off, because the stereo system is piped into 3 rooms and outside (if wanted). The actual flight is geared to spontaneity although our home is set up with each room having a particular theme: magickal, mythical, mystical (Eastern), chapel (reminiscent of the Good Friday Experiment or 'The Miracle of Marsh Chapel' at Harvard). So the images in each room under colored votives (blue in the 'Blue Room' which is Eastern), or the red church-like votive behind a filigreed cross in the study-chapel), are intended to shape experience somewhat in the spiritual direction. The bedroom has its share of magickal images framed or sculptures and multi-colored twinkling votives. Guests usually feel that social barrier not to spend time in their hosts' bedroom, but it's another 'setting' and it would be good for them to overcome those social barriers (that's where we sleep and usually have sex), but tripping is not a sexual trip for us nor intended to elicit 2nd chakra energies in our guests. Our rooms are multi-purposed. My study is also my consulting room and it has a futon for guests, and is a tripping space. Similarly with our living room-tripping room. For the average materialistic, non-mythical/magickal/mystical mind, our home is just "weird." But for those who are psychedelic, our home has obvious potential for those special evenings.

--------------------

OfflineSpikoli
Stranger
 User Gallery
    #22717458 - 12/30/15 04:12 PM (8 years, 3 months ago)

My fiance has done ayahuascha in Ecuador through a ceremony multiple times, and since then we have taken shrooms and made some magical nights with schrooms using it in a ceremonial way. Meditation, Reiki, and love.

OfflinePeyote Road
Stranger
Male
Loc: Great Lakes State
Re: Mushroom ceremonies [Re: Spikoli]
    #22717492 - 12/30/15 04:23 PM (8 years, 3 months ago)

I might add that I have my own San Pedro ceremony, which I constructed using some elements from the peyote ceremony of the native americans that I combined with readings from the PSychedelic experience by Leary, Alpert and Metzner as well as the audiobook "The practice of the Presence of God" by brother lawrence.

This ceremony has been personally transformative in terms of opening to a greater appreciation of the beauty in life and a sense of the importance of righteousness and becoming less self centered (although I still need to do a lot of work in those areas).

--------------------
The path of the herbalist is to open ourselves to nature in an innocent and pure way. SHe in turn will open her bounty and reward us with many valuable secrets. May the earth bless you. - Michael Tierra

Invisiblelaughingdog
Stranger
 User Gallery
    #22717654 - 12/30/15 05:11 PM (8 years, 3 months ago)

María Sabina
María Sabina was a Mazatec curandera who lived her entire life in a modest dwelling in the Sierra Mazateca of southern Mexico. Her practice was based on the use of the various species of native psiloc…

María Sabina was the first contemporary Mexican curandera, defined as a native shaman, to allow Westerners to participate in the healing vigil that became known as the velada,[4][5] where all participants partake of the psilocybin mushroom as a sacrament to open the gates of the mind. The velada is seen as a purification and as a communion with the sacred.

In 1955, the US ethnomycologist and banker R. Gordon Wasson visited María Sabina's hometown of Huautla de Jimenez, Oaxaca, and participated in a velada with her. He also brought spores of the fungus, which he identified as Psilocybe mexicana, to Paris. The fungus was cultivated in Europe and its active ingredient was duplicated as the chemical psilocybin in the laboratory by Swiss chemist Albert Hofmann in 1958.

continue research here if you like

https://www.bing.com/search?q=mar%C3%ADa+sabina&filters=ufn%3a%22mar%C3%ADa+sabina%22+sid%3a%2229676eef-05a3-561b-e432-aa63a9885741%22&qs=MB&pq=maria+sab&sc=8-9&sp=1&cvid=BBDC91D220954A1BBEFAE16930F21B55&FORM=QBLH

OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

Re: Mushroom ceremonies [Re: laughingdog]
    #22717858 - 12/30/15 06:08 PM (8 years, 3 months ago)

Eva Mendez came to be known as Maria Sabina 'sabina' meaning wise woman or curandera), a pseudonym apparently due to her notoriety resulting from the May 13, 1957 LIFE Magazine article:  http://www.imaginaria.org/wasson/life.htm ; Beatnicks apparently began to seek her out much like hippies made the foolish pilgrimage to find Don Juan Matus of Carlos Casteñeda fictional fame. This article peaked Timothy Leary's interest however, because in 1960 is when he first took the mushrooms in Mexico. That act officially began the psychedelic 60s.

--------------------

Invisiblelaughingdog
Stranger
 User Gallery
    #22719023 - 12/30/15 10:32 PM (8 years, 3 months ago)

exactly as you say MarkostheGnostic

http://www.singingtotheplants.com/2008/02/tragedy-of-maria-sabina/

you even have a post on this site!

and most of the books to do with her are pricy now - although some may be bought used

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_fb_0_12/191-2745817-0752422?url=search-alias=stripbooks&field-keywords=maria sabina&sprefix=Maria Sabina,arts-crafts,272

OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

Re: Mushroom ceremonies [Re: laughingdog]
    #22720550 - 12/31/15 10:51 AM (8 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

laughingdog said:
exactly as you say MarkostheGnostic

http://www.singingtotheplants.com/2008/02/tragedy-of-maria-sabina/

you even have a post on this site!

and most of the books to do with her are pricy now - although some may be bought used

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_fb_0_12/191-2745817-0752422?url=search-alias=stripbooks&field-keywords=maria sabina&sprefix=Maria Sabina,arts-crafts,272

Thanks for the corroboration. At least I am consistent! :wink:

--------------------

Invisiblefilthyknees
no coincidence
 User Gallery

#22722025 - 12/31/15 05:52 PM (8 years, 3 months ago)

anyone have an opinion on her books or where to begin with them?

--------------------
But if you're in a hurry, and really got to go
If you're in a hurry, might have to find out slow
That it's one thing to try and another to fly
You get there quicker just a step at a time
It's one thing to bark, another to bite
The show ain't over till you pack up at night

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Cultivation Supplies