Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension Flag
Re: The aliens are coming! [Re: silversoul7]
    #2273347 - 01/25/04 11:50 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

astral projection is a skill, like a muscle, that must be developed. you may not be successful your first, second or even third time. but keep trying, keep practicing. It is like a muscle you have not used in a really long time.

skepticism is a naturally occurring phenomena on this plane.
It is all a part of the material illusion

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Loc: Pandurn
Re: The aliens are coming! [Re: Shroomism]
    #2273723 - 01/26/04 03:39 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

First off, I don't see anyone blindly sucking all of this in... and I certainly don't see anything dangerous about the ideas he is talking about.

And hell, even Jesus was crucified for what he taught. I think this all ties in with my thing about controversy.

At any rate, I give Shroomism the benefit of the doubt. I'll go off on my own and seek from what he said, and see what I can learn. After all, that is what it is all about. :grin:
Peace.

--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

OfflinePhluck
Carpal Tunnel
 User Gallery

Loc: Canada
Re: The aliens are coming! [Re: Vulture]
    #2273944 - 01/26/04 06:03 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

"try practicing astral projection....for a start...thats where you will find some evidence."

A vision is not evidence. I had a dream last night where there were construction workers wearing large wooden helmets. Is this evidence that construction workers actually wear large wooden helmets?

--------------------
"I have no valid complaint against hustlers. No rational bitch. But the act of selling is repulsive to me. I harbor a secret urge to whack a salesman in the face, crack his teeth and put red bumps around his eyes." -Hunter S Thompson
http://phluck.is-after.us

Anonymous

#2273960 - 01/26/04 06:23 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

- Post History Deleted Upon User's Request -

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
    #2274060 - 01/26/04 07:58 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

People don't believe things unless they have good reason to, and that is usually based on intuitive, life experiences where universal "truths" were learned

Not true. 90-95% of the world's population adopts the religious ideology of their parents.

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

OfflineSpecialEd
+ one

Loc: : Gringo
Re: The aliens are coming! [Re: ]
    #2274064 - 01/26/04 08:01 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

And the obvious fact is that Swami et al actually hate you.

A lot of times, when my feelings towards another member get negative, it usually is because I cannot figure them out. It's like you said about the skepdic deriding that which he cannot understand, sometimes I am threatened by what I cannot understand. Sometimes I get upset about things that I think are outlandish, but something that Mr Mushrooms said made a lot of sense.

If something isn't true, then there's no use talking about it or getting upset about it.

If it is true, we'll know soon enough.

--------------------
"Plus one upvote +1..."
--- //
-- :meff:
  /l_l\/
--\-/----

InvisibleSkorpivoMusterion
Livin in theTwilight Zone...
 User Gallery

Loc: You can't spell fungus wi...
    #2274070 - 01/26/04 08:05 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Damn. That's all I have to say. :frown:

--------------------
Coffee should be black as hell, strong as death, and sweet as love.

Invisiblekaiowas
lest we baguette
 User Gallery

Loc: oz
    #2274090 - 01/26/04 08:18 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

"and with that being said I am going outside to smoke the sacred cannabis and stare in awe at the stars while I delight in joy at the thought of being alive and conscious thinking being in the physical world and having this wonderful opportunity to experience life on earth at this momentous time in history...erm.. I mean present. I love you all. "

:heart:

Personally I see that this thread is awesome!!!  Look, we have all types of brilliant minds here

I think shroomism is really showing a lot of acceptance, thus leading by example.  :wink:

man shroomism I seriously felt something from that.  It reminded me to enjoy the breath I have. 

The sunsets and sunrises are so great sometimes.  All the different colors, melting into each other though, just breathtaking.  The wind is at a slight breeze, and it feels like you just awoke to experience this part of the day.  It's as if it was the first sunrise I ever laid eyes upon.  It never lost it's magic.

Why can't we all for just a second, step back and take a breather from what you are doing. To me, thinking about what it is to exist is crazy. I mean, I'm aware, and I know I am aware, to me it doesn't need to go any further than that.  To see something that beautiful day in and day out, I feel lucky actually.

Acceptance is really something that I feel we are missing. why can't I enjoy this sunrise with my neighbor?  sure he's outside, staring at the same thing I'm staring at, but as soon as he saw me, he left.  there's definately something here that needs to be taught.  lessons that I need to learn as well as others, because it bothers me when a friend won't let me give em a hug when they feel down. 

what we really need to me is love! I think love encompasses enough strength and covers a variety of areas. We need to love ourselves, before we love others. and we need to love others, before we could handle another intelligent lifeform. heh that's my opinion and I stand by it! :smile:

I see a thread like this, and I smile.  So many ideas here, still so much learn.

--------------------
Annnnnnd I had a light saber and my friend was there and I said "you look like an indian" and he said "you look like satan" and he found a stick and a rock and he named the rock ooga booga and he named the stick Stick and we both thought that was pretty funny. We got eaten alive by mosquitos but didn't notice til the next day. I stepped on some glass while wading in the swamp and cut my foot open, didn't bother me til the next day either....yeah it was a good time, ended the night by buying some liquor for minors and drinking nips and going to he diner and eating chicken fingers, and then I went home and went to bed.

OfflinePhluck
Carpal Tunnel
 User Gallery

#2274135 - 01/26/04 08:45 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

"And the obvious fact is that Swami et al actually hate you. They aren't about "helping people" no matter how they try to disguise it. Swami actually told me he despises you."

What. The. Fuck.
Like making accusations like this is really being helpful. All you're doing is creating an "us vs. them" mentality between believers and skeptics. In my opinion, teaching people to question themselves and baseless ideas IS helping people. It may be your opinion that teaching people to embrace faith or God is helping them, so it's natural to assume that the opposing side is really just trying to attack or harm others. This is why you occasionally hear people generalize all religions as cults, or some people refer to all skeptics as closed minded fools. Our styles of arguing differ because our ideas differ. I don't think that there is any certainty, so I don't have any specific statements to make, I can only argue my point by demonstrating why other ideas are uncertain. To a believer, it probably appears as though I'm just lashing out at people, but that is not my intent, and I'm pretty sure it's not Swami's.

I don't hate Shroomism. I think he's a great guy. He seems like one of the coolest people here. He'd probably be a blast to hang out with. I've never seen him be mean to anyone, and everyone who has met him seems to enjoy his company.

I just think his beliefs and ideas are wacky. This is a forum to discuss beliefs and ideas, so I give my opinion. I'm not going to lie and say that I think they're valid, because I don't.

"In the end they will chose the path of misery and live bitter miserable lives, bitter, angry, and filled with hatred."

I think religion, faith and belief are dead, useless old ideas that are being defeated by science and rational thought. Thinking this way doesn't make me bitter, miserable or hateful. There is lots of beauty and joy in the world, and you don't need faith to enjoy it.

I enjoy explaining to people the flaws I see in faith and religion. I don't see how this makes me less of a person than those people who try to convince me that reason and logic have shortcomings.

Sometimes I'm a little sarcastic, but I generally stop short of being plain mean. Shroomism can handle it. He said so. I think we're all big kids here, if a few sarcastic comments are all it takes for you to hate someone, Mr. Mushrooms, maybe you should go back and read the parts of the bible that talk about forgiveness.

Mr. Mushrooms, I know you think of me as an angry sarcastic jerk sometimes, but as far as I know, you're the only person who thinks of me this way. Most of the people I know seem to think I'm happy and friendly. Maybe I'm wrong about this, but as far as I know, you're the first person in my entire life who has accused me of being a jerk. I don't try to criticize the beliefs of others unless I'm in a situation where it's appropriate. I can't think of anywhere more appropriate than a forum designed for the discussion of beliefs and ideas. The only reasons I've lashed out at you is because you've been patronizing towards me in the past.

--------------------
"I have no valid complaint against hustlers. No rational bitch. But the act of selling is repulsive to me. I harbor a secret urge to whack a salesman in the face, crack his teeth and put red bumps around his eyes." -Hunter S Thompson

OfflineFrog
Warrior
Female User Gallery

Loc: The Zero Point Field
    #2274172 - 01/26/04 09:02 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

"And the obvious fact is that Swami et al actually hate you. They aren't about "helping people" no matter how they try to disguise it. Swami actually told me he despises you. He isn't alone. But you know, as I know, that that's their trip. Just don't make the mistake I did and think you can help them. You can't."

I don't understand saying something like this publicly.

I like Swami, and Phluck, and Sclorch, and all the people who sound like skeptics. I'm not afraid to have my ideas "attacked". I don't even feel attacked. That's just what they do. I don't even feel like they're mean.

There have been other people who have been a little mean in the way they talk about stuff, like religion, but they're not people who regularly post in this forum.

I hope no one changes anything about their posting style. Everyone has such unique styles, and the forum would suffer the loss. Like when Mixamotosis and Positronius left. I never would have thought I'd miss them, but I do.

--------------------
The day will come when, after harnessing the ether, the winds, the tides, gravitation, we shall harness for God the energies of love. And, on that day, for the second time in the history of the world, man will have discovered fire.  -Teilard

Invisiblechunder
marker

Loc: The City
Re: The aliens are coming! [Re: silversoul7]
    #2274321 - 01/26/04 10:04 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

silversoul7 said:
I just want to make it clear that I have no problem with you or what you're saying. It's the total aversion to skepticism that people have toward your ideas.

Whats wrong with people sharing ideas and listening to others' ideas without blatantly displaying doubt and skepticism? I cannot say that I have personally experienced communication with aliens, but I'm interested in what Shroomism has to say about it. He's proven to me that he is a truly compassionate and good individual, and I have no reason to believe that he would make this stuff up to entertain himself.

I listen to what he says and then I think about it, and compare it to my own experiences in life. I often find parallels, underlying threads of truth that apply to my reality-tunnel. This is what sharing information is about. Its not about listening to what someone has to say, comparing it to your own view of reality, and then totally agreeing or totally disagreeing with that person. Its about listening to what that person has to say, and LEARNING from it.

Whether you learn that there is truly a mysterious kind of communication going on between yourself and a subconscious voice (be it alien, be it Gaia, be it God, or be it the Craziness...) or whether you learn that your own reality doesn't benefit from applying other's advice and thinking about their experiences, you still should give what others say a chance, without jumping on the silly "show me EVIDENCE" bandwagon.

There are times and places when an explicit and earth-shattering PROOF is simply not going to be available....like EVERY MOMENT OF EVERY DAY IN EVERY CIRCUMSTANCE. (Life isn't provable.)

This thread is one of those places, obviously. Its a thread about ALIENS. If there was "proof" that would satisfy your definition of it, then it would have been laid out years ago. The title of the thread itself tells me that its going to be a place for openminded discussion about the Mysteries, not yet ANOTHER thread where people who follow the Science Dogma battle against the people who follow the Mystic Dogma.

Its all the same old Dogma, man.

What I'm interested in is Truth, and I feel that real Truth doesn't have to be validated by a system of WORDS and GUIDELINES that were constructed by men with limited reality-tunnels. If something feels right, and helps me to deal with some problem or expand my options when I'm trying to help someone else, then I label that thing as Truthful. Its just a label, afterall, an organizational principle that helps us to abstract.

I'm not angry or anything, the message board is a free place. You're free to post wherever you want about whatever you want. But I sometimes get tired of people feeling the need to repeatedly rehash the same old ignorant disputes, when we've learned OVER and OVER that they do no good, lead no where, and simply detract from the potential of the thread, IMHO.

Anyway, this post is probably full of ignorant statements and emotional assumptions, so I'll cut it off. Hypocrisy is a good teacher, though. Peace.

--------------------

OfflinePhluck
Carpal Tunnel
 User Gallery

#2274326 - 01/26/04 10:06 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

"
And the obvious fact is that Swami et al actually hate you. They aren't about "helping people" no matter how they try to disguise it. Swami actually told me he despises you. He isn't alone. But you know, as I know, that that's their trip. Just don't make the mistake I did and think you can help them. You can't."

The more I think about this comment the more it bothers me. I've been accused of hating the majority of the people here (I think it's pretty obvious I'm included in the 'et al'), something which is blatantly untrue. I don't see how this is anything other than malicious slander. Most of the people I know and love have beliefs that I don't agree with. Swami and I both are occasionally a little sarcastic when we present our opinions, but I don't see how this equals hatred.

I don't see how you can make a statement like this and then accuse us of being the jerks. How is this mature behaviour?

Being forced to question your beliefs might sometimes seem a little bit like an attack, but if you don't want to hear what others think of your beliefs, then you don't need to post them on a discussion forum. There are forums that cater to specific religions and beliefs, and there are plenty of people there who would be glad to agree with you, and not offer any debate.

--------------------

OfflinePhluck
Carpal Tunnel
 User Gallery

Re: The aliens are coming! [Re: chunder]
    #2274351 - 01/26/04 10:14 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

dog?ma ( P ) Pronunciation Key (d?gm, dg-)
n. pl. dog?mas or dog?ma?ta (-m-t)

1. A doctrine or a corpus of doctrines relating to matters such as morality and faith, set forth in an authoritative manner by a church.
2. An authoritative principle, belief, or statement of ideas or opinion, especially one considered to be absolutely true. See Synonyms at doctrine.
3. A principle or belief or a group of them: ?The dogmas of the quiet past are inadequate to the stormy present? (Abraham Lincoln)

Quote:

sci?ence ( P ) Pronunciation Key (sns)
n.

1. The observation, identification, description, experimental investigation, and theoretical explanation of phenomena.
2. Such activities restricted to a class of natural phenomena.
3. Such activities applied to an object of inquiry or study.
2. Methodological activity, discipline, or study: I've got packing a suitcase down to a science.
3. An activity that appears to require study and method: the science of purchasing.
4. Knowledge, especially that gained through experience.

Science is not a set of beliefs. It is a system of catagorizing observations. The ideas and theories presented by science are constantly changing. Science does not present definate truths, unlike religion or faith. Science only looks at probability.

A scientific look at Shroomisms beliefs would not state "He's obviously just crazy and making this up", it would state "There is no evidence at this time that Shroomism has actually contacted aliens, but it is a possibility. We do know that people have delusionally believed to be communicating with entities in the past, and have been unable to present any evidence, so it would seem that there is a higher probability that he is fooling himself, but this is not definate either. It is also possible that the actual explanation has not even been considered yet."

Do you understand the difference between dogma and science now?

--------------------

Invisiblechunder
marker

Loc: The City
Re: The aliens are coming! [Re: Phluck]
    #2274375 - 01/26/04 10:20 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Yes, I understand. But isn't it obvious that Science currently holds no answers or verification (that I know of...) for Shroomism's experiences with aliens? We are all aware of that.

Thats not the point of the thread.

Reminding people that nothing is certain and slapping a sarcastic nip on the thread are two different things.

--------------------

OfflinePhluck
Carpal Tunnel
 User Gallery

Re: The aliens are coming! [Re: chunder]
    #2274415 - 01/26/04 10:37 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

"Yes, I understand. But it isn't it obvious that Science currently holds no answers or verification (that I know of...) for Shroomism's experiences with aliens?"

It can't offer a definate answer, but it can present an idea that has a higher probability. People have hallucinations, dreams, and visions all the time, and these things seem to be more related to subconcious brain function that to other forces. We know we can induce such experiences by stimulating the brain electrically or with chemicals, so it seems a bit hasty to conclude that the nature of these experiences are actually clues to their origin. If I took a bunch of acid, and a ghost came out of the wall and told me that it was him, not the acid that was making me high, would it make sense to take this possibility seriously?

The sarcasm in this thread is harmless. Shroomism has said he isn't affected by it, and I'm sure he expected it when he started the thread.

It's not the most polite way to behave, but I've presented this opinion in a calm and polite manner many, many times. It would be pretty boring to respond to every single thread the same way, so sometimes I like to joke around. Nobody said anything that was seriously rude. There is a line between sarcasm and insults, and it was not crossed.

--------------------

InvisibleTrueBrode
Stranger

#2274471 - 01/26/04 11:06 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

We know we can induce such experiences by stimulating the brain electrically or with chemicals, so it seems a bit hasty to conclude that the nature of these experiences are actually clues to their origin.

It's equally as hasty to conclude that since we can induce them, they probably mean nothing. All that statement proves is that we can externally change the way the brain works- the question is, and always has been, are those altered states wrong scrambled brain functioning, or new, equally as real ways of perceiving the
universe.

If I took a bunch of acid, and a ghost came out of the wall and told me that it was him, not the acid that was making me high, would it make sense to take this possibility seriously?

Explain why it would not. Because you changed your brain chemistry? Again, doesn't that lead back to the prior question, that science and mysticism provide two different answers for the same experiences?

definate

Do you spell definitely wrong in every thread you've ever typed purposely?

OfflinePhluck
Carpal Tunnel
 User Gallery

Re: The aliens are coming! [Re: TrueBrode]
    #2274522 - 01/26/04 11:24 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

"It's equally as hasty to conclude that since we can induce them, they probably mean nothing."

Which is exactly why I said that you don't conclude that. If you compare the possibilities with what has been known to happen in the past, we can see solid evidence of chemicals and whatnot affecting the brain and causing hallucinations. We have never seen any evidence of aliens causing this. In order to take this posibility seriously we must introduce a new and possibly non existant entity. I could claim that a mad scientist is beaming these ideas into Shroomism's head for his own amusement, and that possibility has an equal amount of evidence as Shroomism's. While the other possibility, that it's simply an illusion created by his brain, is something that has been demonstrated in the past.

"are those altered states wrong scrambled brain functioning, or new, equally as real ways of perceiving the
universe. "

We don't know for sure, but like I said, we can use probability based on past examples. It's also known that people often have such experiences, and the information they're given contradicts the information others are given. Two contradicting statements cannot both be correct. So we know that not all of the information that comes entirely from the mind can be correct.

"Explain why it would not. Because you changed your brain chemistry? Again, doesn't that lead back to the prior question, that science and mysticism provide two different answers for the same experiences?"

I never said that it definately would not, but when there is a more probable explanation available, it should probably be given greater consideration than the improbable one.

"Do you spell definitely wrong in every thread you've ever typed purposely?"

Does it fucking matter? Definately not.

If you're getting all spazzy about spelling maybe you should take a few deep breaths and count to ten. This isn't a fight, it's a discussion. I spelled a word wrong, it's nothing to get angry about.

--------------------

Anonymous

#2274618 - 01/26/04 12:18 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

InvisiblethePatient
Criminal Bodhisattva
Male User Gallery

Loc: Indiana Flag
    #2274634 - 01/26/04 12:25 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

this song is the theme of the revolution to come.

download it on this page if the link above doesnt work.

its only 1.3 mb.

--------------------
T h e r e  a r e  n o  o r d i n a r y  m o m e n t s.

Anonymous

#2274643 - 01/26/04 12:31 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract