Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinerootkey
Canada Rules
Ultrasonic Fogger
    #2268582 - 01/24/04 03:18 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

I was wondering if anyone has had a chance to mess with these before? I've used it on my reptiles and it definetly increases the humidity (up to 90%) and this is in a well ventilated area... and then I thought! I could use it for mushrooms! I had to tear down my old setups because my landlord isn't so friendly to drug operations going on right under his nose, But I am relocating and I will definetly give it a shot with one of these foggers.

I Have an abundant supply of new ones- if anyone is interested I can sell them for $30 Canadian they are new $49.75 plus tax at almost every pet store.

Here is a link for the product in question http://superpet.com/shoppingcart%20database/www/showitem.pl?prodid=5765

Please let me know of any thoughts you guys have on this.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineBasidiocarp
Dr. BunsenHoneydew
Male User Gallery

Loc: Rogue's Island, USA
Re: Ultrasonic Fogger [Re: rootkey]
    #2268605 - 01/24/04 03:23 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

This doo-dad looks like it operates on the same principles as an ultrasonic humidifer, so it should work. Does it come with some built-in humidistat to set the desired humidity?

People have had very good luck with ultrasonic humidifiers, provided that they wire a humidistat into the cirucit to control things.

--------------------
"...if the mind is actually part of a continuum, a labyrinth that is connected not only to every other mind that exists or has existed, but to every atom, organism, and region in the vastness of space and time itself, the fact that it is able to occasionally make forays into the labyrinth and have transpersonal experiences no longer seems so strange."

Visit the Psychonautical Society

Offlineamyloid
Stranger
    #2268626 - 01/24/04 03:29 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

this idea has been discussed before. here is a short thread on it. maybe pm some of the guys that use it?

for the price your paying u could get a nice ultrasonic humidifier though...

--------------------
"A human being is part of a whole, called by us the Universe, a part limited in time and space. He experiences himself, his thoughts and feelings, as something separated from the rest--a kind of optical delusion of his consciousness. This delusion is a kind of prison for us, restricting us to our personal desires and to affection for a few persons nearest us. Our task must be to free ourselves from this prison by widening our circles of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole of nature in its beauty."
-Al Einstein

Offlinerootkey
Canada Rules
Re: Ultrasonic Fogger [Re: amyloid]
    #2268635 - 01/24/04 03:37 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

amyloid, thanks- but this thing is tiny unfortunatly it doesnt come with a humidistat, but if you regulate it properly im sure you could make the proper adjustments easily.

Offlineamyloid
Stranger
    #2268647 - 01/24/04 03:42 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

afterthought: i suspect you will have to craft yourself a disfuser type deal, so your casings dont get water log'd from all that suspended water.

afterafterthought: and definitly a good fan to mix up all that fog.

--------------------
"A human being is part of a whole, called by us the Universe, a part limited in time and space. He experiences himself, his thoughts and feelings, as something separated from the rest--a kind of optical delusion of his consciousness. This delusion is a kind of prison for us, restricting us to our personal desires and to affection for a few persons nearest us. Our task must be to free ourselves from this prison by widening our circles of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole of nature in its beauty."
-Al Einstein

Edited by amyloid (01/24/04 03:43 PM)

OfflinestonErollEr1
The Psilocybinsolution
    #2270927 - 01/25/04 06:39 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Hook it up to a timer and put a hygrostat in your growing chamber..easy as 1. 2. 3... :laugh:

Peace..

InvisibleSorted
Monkee
Loc: UK
    #2271056 - 01/25/04 08:15 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

I used one of those in this contraption I knocked up the other day, with lots of cardboard, tape and general scrap. I expect I'll make it all more compact.. eventually.

The fan blows through a load of tightly packed polyfil wool in the tube (will probably fit a HEPA filter at some point) mixes with the mist in the bottle and then blows out the other side.. it's being ducted into the growing area now and works well :smile: The fogger and fan are on seperate timers for more control over just having fresh air blowing in or air + mist..

Offlineamyloid
Stranger
Re: Ultrasonic Fogger [Re: Sorted]
    #2271238 - 01/25/04 10:26 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

you dont really need to worry about hepa filtering your fruiting chamber. just removing the bulk contam spores really. good luck either way.

--------------------
-Al Einstein

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds