Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleGabbaDjS
BTH
 User Gallery

Loc: By The Lake
Red Beans and Rice... * 1
    #2268431 - 01/24/04 02:20 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

This is the first time I made beans and they turned out great.. Usualy theyre under done or over done but this time they were fully cooked and tender.

First I washed the beans and picked out any bad ones, then I poured them into a bowl and covered with tap water, about 3 inches over the top of the beans.

Then I cooked some spicy turkey sausage in a pot with a bit of olive oil on a nice high heat to get a good browning on them and the pot. Then onion, bell pepper, celery, jalapeno, garlic and 1tbsp butter were added to the pot.

Veggies got sauteed and the pan naturally deglazed, then I added about 1/4 bottle of wine and two cans of stewed tomatoes, thyme, oregano, cumin, chilli powder, salt and pepper and cooked on high while I cut up the turkey sausage.

After adding the turkey sausage and the beans to the pot I gave it a big stir to mix and then let it all boil for 8 minutes before turning it down to simmer for 4 hours.

This rice I found kicks ass, Jasmine rice is damn good but this one is the best. Made it with chicken broth and paprika in a rice cooker

No presentation pic cuz I just wanted to eat after more than 8 hours of waiting from start to finish but heres the making.

--------------------
GabbaDj

FAMM.ORG             

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflinegeokillsA
∙∙∙∙☼ º¿° ☼∙∙∙∙
Male User Gallery

Loc: city of angels Flag
Re: Red Beans and Rice... [Re: GabbaDj] * 1
    #2268610 - 01/24/04 03:24 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Sounds damn fine - Beans make a nice addition to stewed-type meals for sure. I got a recipie from my sister for a pressure-cooked meal similar to this one with a few variances - maybe I'll post it someday down the line.

--------------------

--------------------
··∙   long live the shroomery  ∙··
...π╥ ╥π...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale