Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Feminized Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlinenubious
1up on the rest

Loc: Canada
Do girls flaunt and idolize themselves?
    #2268427 - 01/24/04 02:18 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

How many of you know a female that shows off a little more than the rest? How does she project herself to the rest of society? Does she try to get by on it, does she beam more arrogance because of it, or is she just as grounded as everyone else?\

--------------------
No one knows the worth of innocence till he knows it is gone forever, and that money can't buy it back. Not the saint, but the sinner that repenteth, is he to whom the full length and breadth, and height and depth, of life's meaning is revealed. Good and evil loose all objective meaning and are seen as equally necessary and contrasting elements in the masterpiece that is the universe.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Loc: Pandurn
Re: Do girls flaunt and idolize themselves? [Re: nubious]
    #2268437 - 01/24/04 02:23 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Everyone's reasons are their own... its hard to say. Depends on who they are and their intentions. I'm not one to be able to start to figure out other people's thoughts theoretically like that. :grin:
Peace.

--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

InvisibleJared
Stranger
Folding@home Statistics
    #2268440 - 01/24/04 02:23 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

I can count one here.

She tries to impose the idea that she is extremly desireable upon everyone she knows, and makes big deals about minor acomplishments. "Look! I bought a new shirt!!!/tied my shoes/cooked a can of soup/drew a shitty picture. She is far from grounded, and lives life to ammass material possesions, people and friends being on the same level(possessions) to her :P

Your avatar kicks ass.

OfflineFrog
Warrior
Female User Gallery

Loc: The Zero Point Field
Re: Do girls flaunt and idolize themselves? [Re: Jared]
    #2268498 - 01/24/04 02:48 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Someone like that is just insecure. I had a guy in my life like that. It took a while for me to realize what it was. He's very into "appearances" rather than what's inside.

--------------------
The day will come when, after harnessing the ether, the winds, the tides, gravitation, we shall harness for God the energies of love. And, on that day, for the second time in the history of the world, man will have discovered fire.  -Teilard

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Re: Do girls flaunt and idolize themselves? [Re: Frog]
    #2268530 - 01/24/04 03:01 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Frog said:
Someone like that is just insecure. I had a guy in my life like that. It took a while for me to realize what it was. He's very into "appearances" rather than what's inside.

But it doesn't have to be that way, necessarily. There are countless possibiliites of what is going through that girl's head. Hell, her whole personality on here could be a construct. There are some people who have a lot going on in their mind, and to someone with limited experience with that person, and possibly a limited understanding, their actions could end up being pretty damned chaotic.

Its been my understanding that chaos isn't truly chaos, it is just that there is an unknown invovled, influencing actions and flows. The more impartial and aware someone is, the more their understanding will be based on true reality.
Peace.

--------------------
I wouldn't fear
Like being here

OfflinePed
Interested In Your Brain
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #2268556 - 01/24/04 03:09 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

We judge others because we are incapable, or find tremendous aversion to judging ourselves.  Those of us who feel the need to demonstrate beauty, sex appeal or importance often have the view that they themselves are being continuously judged by others.  Such a view is dependent upon the mental disposition of the viewer.  If we have a habitually judgemental mind, we will gradually begin to assume that others are the same way, making assessments of us moment by moment.

This delusion becomes a form of paranoia that manifests in a number of ways.  It can be a significant shyness, a deeply cynical or confrontational attitude toward others, an excessive exuberance toward others, or a showy demeanor.

But we should be careful not to categorize anyone this way.  An obviously showy attitude or alluring dress is equally likely to arise from a hunger for attention, or ego-validation.  Ego-validation might be sought because the individual was blessed at birth with a weakened ego that is not as powerful at asserting itself over the individual.  Such beings are closer to Buddhahood than we, and should be considered our precious teachers!    :grin:  :heart:

--------------------

:poison: Dark Triangles - New Psychedelic Techno Single - Listen on Soundcloud :poison:
Gyroscope full album available SoundCloud or MySpace

Offlinenubious
1up on the rest

#2270687 - 01/25/04 04:28 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Frog said:

Are you saying you're insecure? I appologize if this upsets you, but your picture demonstrates exactly what I'm talking about... now I know this is an internet forum, but this is exactly the kind of behaviour I'm talking about.

--------------------
No one knows the worth of innocence till he knows it is gone forever, and that money can't buy it back. Not the saint, but the sinner that repenteth, is he to whom the full length and breadth, and height and depth, of life's meaning is revealed. Good and evil loose all objective meaning and are seen as equally necessary and contrasting elements in the masterpiece that is the universe.

OfflinePed
Interested In Your Brain
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #2271168 - 01/25/04 09:43 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

It's not as though she is sitting in any overtly erotic posture. I found Frog's avatar to be rather honest. It says "this is the person speaking to you. Hello." Very friendly.

Offlinestara
addict

#2271199 - 01/25/04 10:04 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Zen:In the first days everything's the same as before.After a little while you realize things and their meanings start to change a little bit.If you matured and had proggress with it; mountains aren't no more mountains and rivers aren't no more rivers for you.If you can  reach to a higher level of perception(satori)again:mountains are mountains and rivers are rivers for you.I cannot criticize these people and I like these kind of grotesque women which look very different from others.You probably think they're not natural but sometimes yes they are ,you have to look at the background.(sorry about english) :smile:

OfflinePhluck
Carpal Tunnel
 User Gallery

#2271292 - 01/25/04 10:45 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Men flaunt and idolize themselves just as much as women.

It's just that in society right now, a woman can be considered great just by being beautiful.

Women consider men in power to be sexy. So men can feel good about themselves just by working on their careers, and trying to accomplish more. Men don't feel the same about women. If they don't have the looks, they don't want it.

So why is it that you consider this to be a problem with women? It only makes sense that they would try to define themselves by looking good.

--------------------
"I have no valid complaint against hustlers. No rational bitch. But the act of selling is repulsive to me. I harbor a secret urge to whack a salesman in the face, crack his teeth and put red bumps around his eyes." -Hunter S Thompson
http://phluck.is-after.us

OfflinePhluck
Carpal Tunnel
 User Gallery

Re: Do girls flaunt and idolize themselves? [Re: Phluck]
    #2271298 - 01/25/04 10:47 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

I should clarify the part about men flaunting themselves.

They don't generally do it in the same way women do. They brag, show off, act loud and obnoxious, all to make themselves look powerful and confident.

--------------------
"I have no valid complaint against hustlers. No rational bitch. But the act of selling is repulsive to me. I harbor a secret urge to whack a salesman in the face, crack his teeth and put red bumps around his eyes." -Hunter S Thompson

OfflineFrog
Warrior
Female User Gallery

#2271316 - 01/25/04 10:54 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

nubious said:
Quote:

Frog said:
Someone like that is just insecure.  I had a guy in my life like that.  It took a while for me to realize what it was.  He's very into "appearances" rather than what's inside.

Are you saying you're insecure?  I appologize if this upsets you, but your picture demonstrates exactly what I'm talking about...  now I know this is an internet forum, but this is exactly the kind of behaviour I'm talking about.

I don't know how you figured out that I'm insecure based on what I said, or that I'm upset about anything.  :wtf:

I'm probably the least insecure person I know.  I'm a good person, I'm intelligent, and I'm attractive.  And I put my picture as my avatar because it is "me".  People can see who they are talking to. 

What is the "behavior" that my avatar describes?  I wish everyone would use their pictures as their avatars.  I like seeing what people look like.

--------------------
The day will come when, after harnessing the ether, the winds, the tides, gravitation, we shall harness for God the energies of love. And, on that day, for the second time in the history of the world, man will have discovered fire.  -Teilard

OfflineFrog
Warrior
Female User Gallery

#2271367 - 01/25/04 11:16 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Some people are insecure and all that matters is their looks and what they have. Other people are not insecure and post their pics as their avatars because they are proud of the fact that they are 45, have had 5 chldren, and have taken care of themselves.

It would seem to me that someone that would worry about someone else's use of their pic as their avatar, and accusing that person as flaunting themselves, is probably insecure.

You should ask yourself why it bothers you.

--------------------

OfflinePhluck
Carpal Tunnel
 User Gallery

#2271399 - 01/25/04 11:28 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Maybe he'd rather you wore a burkha.

--------------------

Offlinestara
addict

#2271457 - 01/25/04 11:46 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

I don't think pictures are good for representation.First it's not you it's your photo and it's often nothing to do with real you.Second even if it's done perfectly it hasn't got any movements,however movements are very important and also the voice and natural interactions in the society...'I' is always relative and there's sth called first impression :beauty(relative)Peace.

OfflineFrog
Warrior
Female User Gallery

Re: Do girls flaunt and idolize themselves? [Re: stara]
    #2271473 - 01/25/04 11:51 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

There.  I changed my avatar.  Do you and nubious feel better about yourselves now?  :grin:

--------------------

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Re: Do girls flaunt and idolize themselves? [Re: Phluck]
    #2271488 - 01/25/04 11:59 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Phluck said:
Maybe he'd rather you wore a burkha.

:lol:

And Frog, change it back.  :thumbup:

If anyone is going to to start making assumptions of another person through a form of communication that has limited capabilities of carrying expression, they are the ones with some problems... Its no problem when someone else uses pictures of sexy women in their avatars that aren't actually that person, is it?

I don't think that man who has been walking acrossed England naked was doing it because he was overly egotistical and was really absorbed in how he looks... I think he was trying to prove a point.
Peace.

--------------------
I wouldn't fear
Like being here

Offlinestara
addict

#2271536 - 01/25/04 12:21 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Actually your picture was very cute so that was not meant for you.That was meant for me myself because I haven't got any cute photos
though I'm very cute  :laugh:

Offlinenubious
1up on the rest

#2271606 - 01/25/04 12:50 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

I don't know how you figured out that I'm insecure based on what I said, or that I'm upset about anything.

I'm probably the least insecure person I know. I'm a good person, I'm intelligent, and I'm attractive. And I put my picture as my avatar because it is "me". People can see who they are talking to.

What is the "behavior" that my avatar describes? I wish everyone would use their pictures as their avatars. I like seeing what people look like.

I suggested you might be feeling insecure based on "Someone like that is just insecure. I had a guy in my life like that. It took a while for me to realize what it was. He's very into "appearances" rather than what's inside."

I'll admit, Frog, that this point was intended for you, not as a shot but moreso as an attempt to get people's opinions on how they view this kinda stuff (showing body parts off - the attitude thing was just an addition).. I'm not saying you project an attitude, but the second I mentioned your behaviour you kicked into defense mode, not admitting that MAYBE, just maybe, showing your legs off to an online community is a little inapproriate.

Perhaps I am insecure, no wait.. I know I'm insecure.. why shouldn't I be? Have you turned on the news lately? You didn't need to change your avatar.. It doesn't offend me. I was just hoping I could use it as an example. Oh, and my mom is 43, has 3 kids, and takes care of herself.. that doesn't mean she has it all together.

Being proud is ok, just try not to choke.

--------------------

OfflinePhluck
Carpal Tunnel
 User Gallery

#2271756 - 01/25/04 01:47 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

"just maybe, showing your legs off to an online community is a little inapproriate."

Why would that be inappropriate? Do naked legs offend people? Is she going to be attacked because she showed off her legs?

I don't understand what could possibly be inappropriate about that.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Feminized Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale