Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Invisiblechampinhom
Lord Justhappensness
Male User Gallery

accident report-my baby has a cracked body panel
    #22684779 - 12/21/15 09:09 PM (8 years, 3 months ago)

About 10 days ago, on a sunny morning, I went out on my PCX 150 to get gas and run some errands. The gas station I had in mind is attached to one end of a long strip mall. The mall has three entrances: One on the highway where the gas staion is; one at the end opposite to where the staion is; and one toward the middle of the mall from a secondary road that intersects with the highway and runs the whole length of the mall. Now, this entrance from the secondary road is unique among the three entrances in that it is a dedicated entrance. There is an exit that is paired with it and separated from it by an island planted with grass and a lily garden. The entrance and exit are marked as such. So much for the scene.

That morning I turned into the secondary road intending to hang a right into the mall using the dedicated entrance. The entrance that day--and for some days previous--had been transformed into a blind corner by a huge dumpster that was parked near it in the mall lot. The dumpster--about half as long as a railroad car--had been put there by a construction company that was doing some demolition work nearby. They chose a bad place for it. Anyone coming up on that entrance from the right intending to turn into it, could not see what might be coming the other way until he/she was 2/3rds into their move.

It was a nice morning. Good riding weather-about 45 degrees. I was doing maybe 30 mph. I swung the bike into the blinkered mouth of that entrance, and,  such was the bleak hugeness of my stupidity, I not only came in faster than made sense, I came in wide. And half way through my act, my nemesis appeared: A white coupe, late model, sporty and fast, darted out from where he shouldn't have been, with the manifest intention of entering ASAP the secondary road that I had just exited under the influence of the same acronym.

I brake hard. Front wheel locks and rear wheel slides out. The bike low sides and skids on its flank toward the car. Somehow I have gotten my ankle caught under the running board (foot board?) and am being dragged along by the skidding scooter. I try to pull my boot out from under and try again. Fiinally we stop, I drag my foot out from under the machine and stand up.

The guy in the white coupe is out of the car standing looking at me with scared eyes. Someone on the secondary road stops and comes running from behind. "Are you OK?" They both ask. I say, "I'm OK", although my ankle is telling completely different story. I ask the guy from the coupe, "Can you help me lift this up?"  He quickly gets the bike on its wheels--I make a feint to help, but my foot won't let me do more than that. I manage, with great and disguised pain, to straddle the bike as I thank the guy for getting it up, and I slowly, in a tail-between-the-legs manner, ride off.

As soon as I get out of ear-shot I start moaning. I make my way back home--a distance of a mile or so moaning. I somehow manage to hobble the bike into it's space in the garage moaning. I go into the house and collapse on my bed, and moan.

The next day I had an ankle and foot on my right side that made the ankle and foot on the left look like something out of Tom Thumb. And bruised! And sore! And a long way from letting me do anything but stay the hell off it.

Someone might be asking about now, "Why did you let that jerk get away with it?  He was clearly completely in the wrong. The least you could have done is road rage him a little!"  No. I felt no animus toward the guy. That is not the way I look at motorcycle accidents. I always blame the cyclist. When you have ten times more to lose than the other guy, then YOU have to be ten times more careful. I wasn't careful at all. I turned fast and wide into a blind corner.

I felt and feel that I deserve 100% of the blame. 

Thanks for reading this. I hope it has a salutory effect on anyone with ears to hear (eyes to see?).

--------------------
My father used to say: I don't care what else you do in life, just don't be an asshole. People, forgive me when I forget what my daddy said.

Cut back the proliferating list of people whose opinions can hurt you. Unless they have done or want to do you some good, their views are just not worth tracking.
Saul Bellow

“People are just cannibals unless they leave each other alone.” Doris Lessing

Those whom the gods would save, they dower with compassion. Mr. P.  Silocybin

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleKhii Khwaay
black tooth grin

Re: accident report-my baby has a cracked body panel [Re: champinhom]
    #22684830 - 12/21/15 09:20 PM (8 years, 3 months ago)

Scan
Identify
Predict
Decide
Execute

I was a (volunteer) motorcycle safety instructor for a couple of summers :lol:

I'm glad to hear that you're ok, OP :thumbup: Motorcycle accidents suck- I've been in my share.

Parking lots are the most likely place for a rider to have a get-off. :themoreyouknow:

OfflineDTCharlieB
yum yum fish.
Male

Loc: Yak attack Flag
    #22684834 - 12/21/15 09:21 PM (8 years, 3 months ago)

Yikes. I hope you ankle and foot turn out ok.  I probably would have done the same thing if the game seemed genuinely apologetic and sorry for his mistake.  Everyone does stupid cap every once on a while.  Of he was a jerk though I would a been getting insurance information and raking up medical bills he'd possibly have to pay.

How did your bike turn out?  Not too much damage or hope?

--------------------
I like lasagna.

InvisibleBoomRad
HtemToohs
 User Gallery

Re: accident report-my baby has a cracked body panel [Re: DTCharlieB]
    #22684949 - 12/21/15 09:47 PM (8 years, 3 months ago)

The only bone I have ever broken in my body was my ankle and man OP, I can feel the pain from here. That shit hurts!! Sorry and hope your bike is okay, also hope your ankle heals fast

--------------------
Gnome saying

Invisiblechampinhom
Lord Justhappensness
Male User Gallery

Re: accident report-my baby has a cracked body panel [Re: Khii Khwaay]
    #22685270 - 12/21/15 11:24 PM (8 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Khii Khwaay said:
Scan
Identify
Predict
Decide
Execute

:thumbup:

--------------------
My father used to say: I don't care what else you do in life, just don't be an asshole. People, forgive me when I forget what my daddy said.

Cut back the proliferating list of people whose opinions can hurt you. Unless they have done or want to do you some good, their views are just not worth tracking.
Saul Bellow

Invisiblechampinhom
Lord Justhappensness
Male User Gallery

Re: accident report-my baby has a cracked body panel [Re: DTCharlieB]
    #22685277 - 12/21/15 11:26 PM (8 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

DTCharlieB said:

How did your bike turn out?  Not too much damage or hope?

Scraped up on right side. The body panel--big and expensive--cracked in two.

--------------------

Saul Bellow

Invisiblechampinhom
Lord Justhappensness
Male User Gallery

Re: accident report-my baby has a cracked body panel [Re: BoomRad]
    #22685280 - 12/21/15 11:27 PM (8 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

BoomRad said:
The only bone I have ever broken in my body was my ankle and man OP, I can feel the pain from here. That shit hurts!!

Oh yes it does!

--------------------

Saul Bellow

Invisibledemiu5
humans, lol
 User Gallery

Loc: the popcorn stadium Flag
    #22685843 - 12/22/15 07:03 AM (8 years, 3 months ago)

you have decent ability at writing.  good mechanics, good flow between paragraphs.  nice use of some devices.

do you write in your free time?  short-stories or anything?

also, glad you are okay.  my friend didn't get so lucky earlier in the year.  she broke a few ribs and had extensive bruising/swelling from an idiot running a red light at 40mph.  i guess she did get lucky in the sense she isn't dead.  plus she got a small but profitable settlement out of it.

--------------------
channel your inner Larry David

Invisiblechampinhom
Lord Justhappensness
Male User Gallery

Re: accident report-my baby has a cracked body panel [Re: demiu5]
    #22686635 - 12/22/15 12:57 PM (8 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

demiu5 said:
you have decent ability at writing.  good mechanics, good flow between paragraphs.  nice use of some devices.

do you write in your free time?  short-stories or anything?

No, I'm not a writer...but accidents seem to bring out the eloquence in me.

--------------------

Saul Bellow

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom