Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
That Guy
Loc: East Coast
    #2267844 - 01/24/04 10:42 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Last night I came to realize that the people I thought were my friends really aren't. They don't care about me, and I def. don't think they even want me around. This can't be mentally healthy on my part. I've been depressed for a long time now, and I could never find anything to help, except my 'friends'. They were my solid ground, I guess you could say. I don't know what I should do. Should I drop those friends, and leave myself with nothing, or should I just realize where I stand with them and deal with they're ignorance?

I've lived my entire life here, and I seem to be caught in a rut. The same day over and over as it were. I'm starting to notice very odd personality traits in myself, and I know they aren't good. I feel like I need to get out, and get a complete change of surroundings.

I don't know why I put this up here, I guess I'm looking for some support and understanding, something I can't get from friends or family.

Thanks guys

"America... just a nation of two hundred million used car salesmen with all the money we need to buy guns and no qualms about killing anybody in the world who tries to makes us uncomfortable." HST

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Anonymous #1

Re: Realizations [Re: Stonerware]
    #2267900 - 01/24/04 11:46 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

why did you come to this realization that they aren't your friends?

Wordsworthian Wanderer
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: Amongst the Dunes
    #2268260 - 01/24/04 02:55 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Should I drop those friends, and leave myself with nothing

You wouldn't be left with nothing, you'd be left with the satisfaction that you're stronger/smarter/more capable than them and you're not sticking yourself in a rut forever. Or relying on low-quality people for support. Strengthen and empower yourself for the sake of being happy and confident. Don't rely on other people to do this for you, because they'll likely fail.

I've had to drop drug friends before, because that's all they were: drug friends. You need to surround yourself with people that make you happy, not people that bring you down. Every day seems the same because it's disgusting winter, don't dwell on too much. Find something that you enjoy to occupy your mind. hell, workout so when the weather's nicer you'll be in better shape and maybe even feel better about yourself. There's all kinds of things you can do to keep your mind occupied.

Male User Gallery

#2268271 - 01/24/04 03:00 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

yeah, happened with me too.. a long time ago- i started early... I say drop them if they're not really friends then.. sure, you may be alot lonelier alot of the time, but when you find a real friend, then it gets much much better. Sadly, it is rather hard to find a good friend you can totally relate with.. for me anyway.

the way i see it, you can take on the harder, more rewarding option of dropping them, or just keeping them and flopping around

is waiting forthe peak

#2268587 - 01/24/04 05:19 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Here's a little buddhist quote that i like to think about when lack of friends gets me down:

If the traveler can find
A virtuous and wise companion
Let him go with him joyfully
And overcome the dangers of the way.

If the traveler cannot find
Master or friend to go with him,
Let him travel on alone
Rather than with a fool for company.

"this lebowski he called himself 'the dude'. now, 'dude', that's a name no one would self-apply where i come from but there was a lot about the dude that didn't make sense to me...."--the Stranger

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being