Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11  [ show all ]
OfflinePatlal
You ask too many questions
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ottawa Flag
Are you afraid of pitbulls? * 2
    #22675327 - 12/19/15 11:06 AM (8 years, 3 months ago)

The media has decided to paint this dog as a monster due to irresponsible owners. It sucks. They were once known as nanny dogs due to their friendliness and stability around children.

Now they are like guns you can pet.

Its all about the owner if you ask me.

Are you afraid of pitbulls?
You may choose only one

Votes accepted from (12/19/15 09:06 AM) to (No end specified)
View the results of this poll

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblerackem
Male User Gallery

Re: Are you afraid of pitbulls? [Re: Patlal] * 6
    #22675336 - 12/19/15 11:09 AM (8 years, 3 months ago)

i love pitties... think i am going to rescue my third any day now.

--------------------

Invisiblekoraks
Re: Are you afraid of pitbulls? [Re: Patlal] * 3
    #22675343 - 12/19/15 11:10 AM (8 years, 3 months ago)

Anyone around here with a pitbull is a retarded wannabe gangster with confidence issues. Can't comment on the dogs themselves as I wouldn't know what they're like if they are owned by sane people, but they strike me as not much different as any other dog. Just ugly.

OfflineConnoisseur

Re: Are you afraid of pitbulls? [Re: Patlal]
    #22675347 - 12/19/15 11:11 AM (8 years, 3 months ago)

I don't mind them

InvisibleBoomRad
HtemToohs
 User Gallery

Re: Are you afraid of pitbulls? [Re: rackem]
    #22675352 - 12/19/15 11:12 AM (8 years, 3 months ago)

I never minded pit bulls except for one in particular. The owner is a hippie type who is very cool but she will not discipline this dog ever. Nothing against hippies but that's what she is. This dog would take the football we were throwing and absolutely rip it to shreds and I mean savagely. This dog is about the only dog that has ever scared me. I would want it if the zombie apocalypse was happening though

--------------------
Gnome saying

Invisiblebadchad
Mad Scientist

Re: Are you afraid of pitbulls? [Re: Patlal] * 1
    #22675374 - 12/19/15 11:17 AM (8 years, 3 months ago)

I'm cautious around any animal that can maul me to shreds and kill me.

--------------------
...the whole experience is (and is as) a profound piece of knowledge.  It is an indellible experience; it is forever known.  I have known myself in a way I doubt I would have ever occurred except as it did.

Smith, P.  Bull. Menninger Clinic (1959) 23:20-27; p. 27.

...most subjects find the experience valuable, some find it frightening, and many say that is it uniquely lovely.

Osmond, H.  Annals, NY Acad Science (1957) 66:418-434; p.436

InvisiblePrisoner#1
Even Dumber ThanAdvertized!
 User Gallery

Loc: Pvt. Pubfag NutSuck
    #22675377 - 12/19/15 11:17 AM (8 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Patlal said:
they are like guns you can pet.

you can pet my gun

Invisiblepuff4200
Natural born lever puller

Re: Are you afraid of pitbulls? [Re: BoomRad]
    #22675380 - 12/19/15 11:18 AM (8 years, 3 months ago)

Pitbulls need a strong hand to train them, they're pretty stubborn. I've known quite a few pitbulls and not one of them was "viscous". Its all about how you train your dog and what type of emotions you send to your dog. If your always angry and kick your dog and what not you'll probably end up with a mean viscous dog. If your nice to your pitbull though and exercise them regularly you'll have a nice loving dog.

InvisibleDieCommie

#22675385 - 12/19/15 11:19 AM (8 years, 3 months ago)

I never meet a good one.  Yes, I do think owners are part of the blame.  Jerks and macho people want them because they are strong and tough and they think its a good idea to have a pet be a guard dog.  Assholes gravitate towards them and then they have an asshole dog.  Also, people defend them by saying they are loyal to their family - but that is part of the problem.  If you aren't in their family then they are not loyal to you.  And for other animals its even worse.  Even when they are just playing they play too rough, their owners don't care because they like tough dogs and its not safe.  The dog park clears out when people bring their tough dog to it, and for good reason.  Even if they are just playing they are dangerous.

My last encounter with a pit bull was beating it with a shovel after it broke through my fence and overpowered my dog.  But even before that I never meet a good one.  When I volunteered at the dog shelter pits and pit mixes were a disproportionately high number of the dogs there in the shelter.  There is a reason for that.

Offlinejoe666
The ReverendToke DBK
 User Gallery

Loc: Southern by grace of God Flag
    #22675388 - 12/19/15 11:19 AM (8 years, 3 months ago)

I'm not afraid of any dogs. you just have to watch their body language and understand pack mentality if other dogs are around.  It helps to grow up around dogs.

--------------------
"A politician is like a baby's diaper, it should be changed often and for the same reason"-Coy Turner Sr.

"what is a weed, a plant whose virtues have not yet been discovered"--Ralph Waldo Emerson

"I'm sippin Hennessy, riding on my muthafucking enemies" -Meek Mill.

OfflineSupachopped719
Stranger
 User Gallery

#22675401 - 12/19/15 11:22 AM (8 years, 3 months ago)

I like them. Some of them have a funny bark though, while tripping it cracks me up so bad.

When me and one of my best friends shares an apartment he got a pit pup and I love that big ass dog so much. Her bark is the one I'm talking about.

Within certain regions, some dog breeds are almost exclusively bred for protection or similar violent purposes. After a few generations most all the puppies within that particular breed in the area share the same aggressive tendencies.

I saw some show that was talking about the history of the Doberman pincher. I guess up until the 90s in the ghettos of America it was used as a guard/attack dog. And they were being banned in a lot of places due to attacks on children. But I guess since then there has been an effort to soften them up and now it's said they are great dogs for a family. Very gentle with kids.

Let me try and find it real quick.

--------------------
Real Eyes Realize Real Lies.

InvisibleLe_Canard
The Duk Abides

Loc: Earthfarm 1 Flag
    #22675413 - 12/19/15 11:26 AM (8 years, 3 months ago)

I like them. Some of the sweetest, most loving dogs I've met have been Pitbulls. It's all in how they were raised, I think.

OfflineCHeifM4sterDiezL
Chief Globerts

Loc: United States Flag
Re: Are you afraid of pitbulls? [Re: joe666]
    #22675422 - 12/19/15 11:28 AM (8 years, 3 months ago)

No but i have a big problem with people who claim they arent dangerous. A problem with animal lovers that seem to think this bastardized freak of a breed are the perfect family pets and deserve to be protected above other breed against bad dog hater people. Where i was raised we call a spade a spade and a fighting dog a fighting dog. Instead they choose to lie to themselves and everyone. Its lke spitting in the face of attack victims honestly.

Invisiblerackem
Male User Gallery

Re: Are you afraid of pitbulls? [Re: CHeifM4sterDiezL] * 3
    #22675429 - 12/19/15 11:30 AM (8 years, 3 months ago)

in the 50's before you were born they were in fact the #1 family dog.

hell back then german shepards had worse reputations..

but you know times change and people become assholes.

--------------------

OfflineSupachopped719
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Are you afraid of pitbulls? [Re: Supachopped719]
    #22675434 - 12/19/15 11:31 AM (8 years, 3 months ago)

It was the show 'dogs 101' on animal planet. The episode on Doberman's obviously.

--------------------

OfflineCHeifM4sterDiezL
Chief Globerts

#22675442 - 12/19/15 11:32 AM (8 years, 3 months ago)

i seriously doubt that where you pull that factoid from the pitbullloversofamerica.com?

InvisiblePrisoner#1
 User Gallery

Re: Are you afraid of pitbulls? [Re: CHeifM4sterDiezL] * 2
    #22675446 - 12/19/15 11:33 AM (8 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

CHeifM4sterDiezL said:
No but i have a big problem with people who claim they arent dangerous. A problem with animal lovers that seem to think this bastardized freak of a breed are the perfect family pets and deserve to be protected above other breed against bad dog hater people. Where i was raised we call a spade a spade and a fighting dog a fighting dog. Instead they choose to lie to themselves and everyone. Its lke spitting in the face of attack victims honestly.

so if the pitbull has never been in a fight then it's not a fighting dog right, I
mean you dont call a man a professional boxer if he's never even seen a fight, you
certainly wouldnt put him in the ring to fight without being taught the basics

Invisiblerackem
Male User Gallery

Re: Are you afraid of pitbulls? [Re: CHeifM4sterDiezL]
    #22675454 - 12/19/15 11:34 AM (8 years, 3 months ago)

yeah that must of been it.

--------------------

Offlinejoe666
The ReverendToke DBK
 User Gallery

#22675455 - 12/19/15 11:35 AM (8 years, 3 months ago)

All dogs can be dangerous if not raised right.
My mom had a Rottweiler that my little sister rode like a horse when she was 2 and 3.
The dog was raised right and was never taught to reinforce the fight gene that all dogs have.
I'm positive the dog would have hurt anyone that threatened my little sister, but I seriously doubt it would have
ever hurt my sister unless SHE did something that caused the dog to bite her.

--------------------
"A politician is like a baby's diaper, it should be changed often and for the same reason"-Coy Turner Sr.

"what is a weed, a plant whose virtues have not yet been discovered"--Ralph Waldo Emerson

InvisibleDieCommie

#22675462 - 12/19/15 11:37 AM (8 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

joe666 said:
I'm positive the dog would have hurt anyone that threatened my little sister, but I seriously doubt it would have

That is what makes it a dangerous dog.  You place too much trust in a dog's ability to perform threat assessment.  Safe to it's family (as long as it doesn't she her as a threat), dangerous to everyone else on the planet.

OfflineCHeifM4sterDiezL
Chief Globerts

#22675464 - 12/19/15 11:37 AM (8 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

joe666 said:
My mom had a Rottweiler that my little sister rode like a horse when she was 2 and 3.
The dog was raised right and was never taught to reinforce the fight gene that all dogs have.

statistacally your wrong and pitbulls by a large margin not only bite more often but do ALOOOT more damage hence why i said the were dangerous

Offlinejoe666
The ReverendToke DBK
 User Gallery

Re: Are you afraid of pitbulls? [Re: DieCommie] * 1
    #22675480 - 12/19/15 11:42 AM (8 years, 3 months ago)

I grew up with Chows, Dobermans, Rots, and Boxers
My uncle had a GSD and an Akita.

There is no problem with any of these dogs if they are trained and raised right.

--------------------

OfflineShroomslip
Architekt
I'm a teapot User Gallery

#22675483 - 12/19/15 11:42 AM (8 years, 3 months ago)

I'm only afraid of dogs that are aggressive towards me. Can be a killer to anyone else, as long as it's not towards me, I don't worry about it.

--------------------
With my face against the floor I can’t see who knocked me out of the way.
I don’t want to get back up but I have to so it might as well be today.
Nothing appeals to me no one feels like me, I’m too busy being calm to disappear.
I’m in no shape to be alone contrary to the shit that you might hear.

You can't wake up, this is not a dream. You're part of a machine, you are not a human being
With your face all made up, living on a screen. Low on self esteem, so you run on gasoline

InvisiblePrisoner#1
 User Gallery

Re: Are you afraid of pitbulls? [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #22675492 - 12/19/15 11:43 AM (8 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Prisoner#1 said:
Quote:

CHeifM4sterDiezL said:

so if the pitbull has never been in a fight then it's not a fighting dog right, I
mean you dont call a man a professional boxer if he's never even seen a fight, you

InvisibleDieCommie

Re: Are you afraid of pitbulls? [Re: joe666] * 1
    #22675501 - 12/19/15 11:46 AM (8 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

joe666 said:

There is no problem with any of these dogs if they are trained and raised right.

Yet you admitted yourself that it would attack if it saw her, or anyone else, as a threat.

When my baby screamed and grabbed at my dogs, they just ran away.  They didn't attack when they perceived a threat, they left.  That is what a good dog does.

OfflineCHeifM4sterDiezL
Chief Globerts

#22675513 - 12/19/15 11:48 AM (8 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Prisoner#1 said:
Quote:

Prisoner#1 said:
Quote:

CHeifM4sterDiezL said:

Right i read your analogy and thought it was nonsense. Dog bred to fight ≠ human

Offlinemorrowasted
Worldwide Stepper
Male User Gallery

Loc: House of Mirrors
Re: Are you afraid of pitbulls? [Re: Shroomslip]
    #22675517 - 12/19/15 11:48 AM (8 years, 3 months ago)

It completely depends on the pitbull in question. I work full time at a dog boarding/daycare and I can tell you without reservation that pit bulls are the most aggressive "breed" (technically it isn't a breed) towards other dogs. Probably about 50% of them have to be taken outside to "use the restroom" as singles, they cannot be trusted to go outside in groups with other dogs. I have never feared for my personal safety around the pit bulls at work, but that is because they all belong to owners who take reasonably good care of them. They are bred to be extremely powerful and aggressive, and if they are not trained to trust and rely upon a variety of humans and other dogs from a very young age, the unpredictability of their behavior becomes dangerous. If a Yorkshire terrier is unpredictable and doesn't trust many people, it doesn't really pose much of a problem. It only poses a problem with pit bulls because they have so much potential to be dangerous if not socialized correctly.

InvisiblePrisoner#1
 User Gallery

Re: Are you afraid of pitbulls? [Re: CHeifM4sterDiezL] * 1
    #22675519 - 12/19/15 11:49 AM (8 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

CHeifM4sterDiezL said:
Quote:

Prisoner#1 said:
Quote:

Prisoner#1 said:
Quote:

CHeifM4sterDiezL said:

Right i read your analogy and thought it was nonsense. Dog bred to fight ≠ human

how is a dog breed any different than a human? statistically, dont humans kill far more often than dogs?

Invisiblewigglewak
Male

#22675522 - 12/19/15 11:49 AM (8 years, 3 months ago)

I can kinda tell if a dog is going to suck from the owner's mannerisms. Most pit bulls my dog and I meet at the park are really cool. I have seen problems with dogs but the breed has never been a constant.

InvisibleDieCommie

Re: Are you afraid of pitbulls? [Re: morrowasted]
    #22675526 - 12/19/15 11:50 AM (8 years, 3 months ago)

Those are good points.  People will counter that Chihuahuas are an aggressive breed, and they are right.  Chihuahuas are an aggressive bread.  But aggression alone does not define danger.

Offlinezeptosecond
dnocesotpez

Re: Are you afraid of pitbulls? [Re: DieCommie]
    #22675527 - 12/19/15 11:50 AM (8 years, 3 months ago)

I have nothing against pits specifically, but I've been on the receiving end of a few dog bites in bad neighborhoods, and ever since I can't help but keep a wary eye on all dogs. Then again, I do the same with people, so I guess I just treat all strangers, animal and human, as having the potential to be good or bad at any time.

--------------------

OfflineCHeifM4sterDiezL
Chief Globerts

#22675537 - 12/19/15 11:54 AM (8 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Prisoner#1 said:
how is a dog breed any different than a human? statistically, dont humans kill far more often than dogs?

one is an animal that was lke developed thru controlled selective fucking over generations to inherently posses certain desirable traits.

Offlinezeptosecond
dnocesotpez

Re: Are you afraid of pitbulls? [Re: CHeifM4sterDiezL] * 4
    #22675541 - 12/19/15 11:56 AM (8 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

CHeifM4sterDiezL said:
Quote:

Prisoner#1 said:

one is an animal that was lke developed thru controlled selective fucking over generations to inherently posses certain desirable traits.

And the other is a dog. :bringiton:

--------------------

OfflineEzuma
Gontish Wizard
Male User Gallery

Loc: Roke
    #22675547 - 12/19/15 11:57 AM (8 years, 3 months ago)

No but I instantly wonder about their owner, because with the reputation the dogs have either the owner A. is more knowledgeable and responsible than to be swayed by reputation and they're fine
or
B. they WANT a dog with that reputation, and they're  a flaming asshole.
usually it's the second one.

OfflineCHeifM4sterDiezL
Chief Globerts

Re: Are you afraid of pitbulls? [Re: zeptosecond]
    #22675548 - 12/19/15 11:57 AM (8 years, 3 months ago)

different breed

InvisibleDieCommie

#22675551 - 12/19/15 11:57 AM (8 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

CHeifM4sterDiezL said:
Quote:

Prisoner#1 said:

That is true.  Compared to mammals at large, humans are genetically very homogeneous. There is very little variation, genetically, from one human to the next.  Thus we have similar inbred traits to one another and how we are raised and the environment we are in plays a large role in how vary from one another.  Dogs are the opposite.  They are very large genetic variation between individual breeds.  This means they have very large variation between inbred, inherent traits.  People don't doubt this when it comes to non-controversial traits...  But somehow they can throw away natural selection/selective breeding and genetics when it doesn't fit the world view they want.

InvisiblePrisoner#1
 User Gallery

#22675555 - 12/19/15 11:59 AM (8 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

CHeifM4sterDiezL said:
Quote:

Prisoner#1 said:

and the other is an animal that was developed through the same processes for those
same sorts of desirable traits, women went for the greatest warriors and hunters
and the warriors/hunters were always the ones with the hottest women

how is this any different

OfflineCHeifM4sterDiezL
Chief Globerts

#22675569 - 12/19/15 12:03 PM (8 years, 3 months ago)

thats like natural selection vs selective breeding thing. also read commies post.

InvisiblePrisoner#1
 User Gallery

#22675571 - 12/19/15 12:04 PM (8 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

DieCommie said:
That is true.  Compared to mammals at large, humans are genetically very homogeneous. There is very little variation, genetically, from one human to the next.  Thus we have similar inbred traits to one another and how we are raised and the environment we are in plays a large role in how vary from one another.  Dogs are the opposite.  They are very large genetic variation between individual breeds.  This means they have very large variation between inbred, inherent traits.  People don't doubt this when it comes to non-controversial traits...  But somehow they can throw away natural selection/selective breeding and genetics when it doesn't fit the world view they want.

arent all dogs shaped like dogs, didnt they all come from a common ancestor just
as humans are all humanoid and all from common ancestors and yet we have people
with red skin, yellow skin, brown skin, etc...  how again are dogs so much
different than humans in the genetic variations?

InvisiblePrisoner#1
 User Gallery

#22675575 - 12/19/15 12:05 PM (8 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

CHeifM4sterDiezL said:
thats like natural selection vs selective breeding thing. also read commies post.

please, explain the difference

Offlinejoe666
The ReverendToke DBK
 User Gallery

#22675596 - 12/19/15 12:09 PM (8 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

DieCommie said:
Quote:

joe666 said:

Yet you admitted yourself that it would attack if it saw her, or anyone else, as a threat.

When my baby screamed and grabbed at my dogs, they just ran away.  They didn't attack when they perceived a threat, they left.  That is what a good dog does.

I said if someone was a threat and tried to attack her, the dog would defend her.

I also said the dog would not bite her unless SHE did something to the dog.  i.e  grabbing the dogs ear and trying to twist it off.

--------------------

OfflineCHeifM4sterDiezL
Chief Globerts

#22675597 - 12/19/15 12:09 PM (8 years, 3 months ago)

one is based on the balance of nature and the other is done by human hand. can we atleast establish that humans opererate outside of the balance of nature? do you really think some of the dog breeds we have today would have come about naturally. Hell my parents dog wouldnt survive a day in nature LOL. we made those dogs and we made pitbulls to fight i dont no why people wont admit it.

InvisibleLe_Canard
The Duk Abides

Loc: Earthfarm 1 Flag
    #22675614 - 12/19/15 12:13 PM (8 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

joe666 said:

The meanest dog I ever met was a tiny Chihuahua. The little bastard would sneak up behind you and bite your Achilles Tendon if you dared cross its yard. It never broke the skin but it sure did hurt. That dog loved no one but its owners.

InvisibleDieCommie

#22675616 - 12/19/15 12:14 PM (8 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Prisoner#1 said:
arent all dogs shaped like dogs, didnt they all come from a common ancestor just
as humans are all humanoid and all from common ancestors and yet we have people
with red skin, yellow skin, brown skin, etc...  how again are dogs so much
different than humans in the genetic variations?

Humans and dogs also share a common ancestor... 

Dogs are so much different in genetic variation because of the immense pressures of selective breeding.  Mutations that would arise and fall in a different species are propagated and proliferate with dogs.  Humans have had a few near extinction events which very much lowered the genetic diversity in our gene pool.  Also, we were geographically isolated for most of our species history meaning there has been little pressure to select different traits.

InvisibleDieCommie

#22675622 - 12/19/15 12:16 PM (8 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

joe666 said:
I said if someone was a threat and tried to attack her, the dog would defend her.

I also said the dog would not bite her unless SHE did something to the dog.  i.e  grabbing the dogs ear and trying to twist it off.

Yep, I know what you said.  This makes it dangerous and a bad dog.  Kids twist dogs ears, that is what they do as they grow.  A dog that responds to that with an attack is a bad dog that should not be around.  A dog that responds to that with a yelp and runs away is a good dog that we should have around.

InvisiblePrisoner#1
 User Gallery

#22675626 - 12/19/15 12:18 PM (8 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

CHeifM4sterDiezL said:
one is based on the balance of nature and the other is done by human hand.

so a human, selecting the strongest mate based on certain desirable traits is
natural selection while a human breeding animals for the same criteria is
selective breeding when both actually require the selection process based on
the traits desired by the breeder

Quote:

Hell my parents dog wouldnt survive a day in nature LOL. we made those dogs and we made pitbulls to fight i dont no why people wont admit it.

people say this shit but there's plenty of feral animals out there that prove
this claim wrong. how long would your parents survive in nature?

Invisibledanielx
whatup!
 User Gallery

#22675632 - 12/19/15 12:20 PM (8 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

joe666 said:
Quote:

DieCommie said:
Quote:

joe666 said:

Sorry to say this bud, but that doesnt sound like a very safe or friendly dog.

Like what was said before, a good dog will have tolerance to being fucked with by children. They will walk away, not attack children for fucking with their ear.

Sounds irresponsible to have a dog around your kids you know might attack.

As far as pits are concerned, I've never met a cool one either. Also, if you look at the stats they are technically far more dangerous.

--------------------
Long live kratom :kratom:

OfflineCHeifM4sterDiezL
Chief Globerts

#22675640 - 12/19/15 12:24 PM (8 years, 3 months ago)

Considering my mom is old as fuck and doesnt no how to do anything and my dads laid the fuck up in the hospital right now with stage 4 cancer prob not long. im telling you bro the dog would not survive long either.

Offlinejoe666
The ReverendToke DBK
 User Gallery

Re: Are you afraid of pitbulls? [Re: danielx]
    #22675644 - 12/19/15 12:25 PM (8 years, 3 months ago)

The dog has long since passed but, lived it's whole life never attacking or biting anyone.
So as far as the bullshit rap Rots get, that one was as good as gold.

InvisiblePrisoner#1
 User Gallery

#22675677 - 12/19/15 12:38 PM (8 years, 3 months ago)

InvisiblezZZz
jesus

#22675683 - 12/19/15 12:40 PM (8 years, 3 months ago)

u can't be a afraid of pitbulls, they will sense that shit

ime, they are very loyal dogs, and there is a good reason why u see many tough looking macho people with them, because u NEED to be tough to have one, not just anyone can own these very powerful creatures. u need to be mentally and physically fit.

they require a lot of responsibility, just like anything that can potentially kill u, a pit bull is just another boon used and abused by the good and the wicked.

they can be very dominant around other breeds, but i dont think i;ve ever seen one provoke a fight, they are usually the who are provoked, usually it's some small dog with a big ego barking behind a fence that causes all the trouble. these little pieces of shits get cocky and end up getting ripped a/part and then the owners try to blame the bigger dogs, gtfo of here with that shit. it's a dog eat dog world out there, everyone;s gotta watch out for their own shit cuz aint nobody got time to watch out for u..

--------------------
https://discord.gg/NHHd5y2Uyv

OfflineCHeifM4sterDiezL
Chief Globerts

#22675694 - 12/19/15 12:46 PM (8 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Prisoner#1 said:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/02/24/packs-of-chihuahuas-arizona_n_4848543.html

in the ghetto they have packs of pitbulls and they fucking kill people that it its a wrap lttle kid rag doll chew toy

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension Flag
Re: Are you afraid of pitbulls? [Re: DieCommie] * 1
    #22675697 - 12/19/15 12:46 PM (8 years, 3 months ago)

It's all on the owner.

One of my good friends had a pit bull he raised right since he was a newborn puppy.
That was the nicest and sweetest dog I've ever met in my life. It was insanely loyal too.
It was especially good around children and girls. It loved girls.. girls ate him up.

The dog was not violent or aggressive AT ALL, but if you seriously attacked someone it cares about, watch out. It was a smart dog. It could tell good people from bad people. Pit bulls are good dogs, they just need to be taken care of properly, they are not for everyone because it takes a certain personality to raise them right.

--------------------

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #22675699 - 12/19/15 12:47 PM (8 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

CHeifM4sterDiezL said:
Quote:

Prisoner#1 said:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/02/24/packs-of-chihuahuas-arizona_n_4848543.html

in the ghetto they have packs of pitbulls and they fucking kill people that it its a wrap lttle kid rag doll chew toy

And who's fault is that? Oh it's the ghetto prick's fault.

--------------------

InvisiblePrisoner#1
 User Gallery

#22675711 - 12/19/15 12:50 PM (8 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

CHeifM4sterDiezL said:
Quote:

Prisoner#1 said:

OfflineMescalean
Burke is love, burke is life.

#22675741 - 12/19/15 01:04 PM (8 years, 3 months ago)

I hate this kind of shit. The owner completely reflects the dogs behavior and vice versa.

Rottweilers were the big news story in the 80-90's. They are by far the best dog I have ever owned and refuse to get any other when I have a family of my own.

Also may I add I was mauled at age 6 by  GOLDEN LAB. Broke my nose in multiple spots requiring certain surgeries later on in life.

--------------------
FREE BURKE

OfflineCHeifM4sterDiezL
Chief Globerts

Re: Are you afraid of pitbulls? [Re: Mescalean]
    #22675750 - 12/19/15 01:06 PM (8 years, 3 months ago)

labs can be hella agressive too some of them are really big dogs n junk. but i disagree i think some dogs are jus assholes no matter who their owner is.

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #22675757 - 12/19/15 01:08 PM (8 years, 3 months ago)

Then you put that dog down like ol' yeller. Out back with the shotgun, Timmy.

--------------------

InvisiblezZZz
jesus

#22675760 - 12/19/15 01:08 PM (8 years, 3 months ago)

that'd be chihuahuas

i hate chihuahuas like biff from back the future hates manure..

--------------------

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Are you afraid of pitbulls? [Re: zZZz]
    #22675764 - 12/19/15 01:09 PM (8 years, 3 months ago)

Like seriously man, fuck chihuahuas, little hairless rat pieces of shit..

--------------------

OfflineMescalean

#22675768 - 12/19/15 01:10 PM (8 years, 3 months ago)

I hate little yappy dogs in general. zero purpose. well food. over grown fucking rats.

Dream dog would be a tibetan mastiff

--------------------
FREE BURKE

InvisiblezZZz
jesus

Re: Are you afraid of pitbulls? [Re: Shroomism]
    #22675771 - 12/19/15 01:11 PM (8 years, 3 months ago)

right?, people bitch about pit bulls, while chihuahuas go virtually undetected.. they;re the real threat..

--------------------

InvisiblePrisoner#1
 User Gallery

Re: Are you afraid of pitbulls? [Re: Mescalean] * 1
    #22675772 - 12/19/15 01:11 PM (8 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Mescalean said:
I hate this kind of shit. The owner completely reflects the dogs behavior and vice versa.

Rottweilers were the big news story in the 80-90's. They are by far the best dog I have ever owned and refuse to get any other when I have a family of my own.

Also may I add I was mauled at age 6 by  GOLDEN LAB. Broke my nose in multiple spots requiring certain surgeries later on in life.

in the 60s and 70s it was dobermans, they even claimed that they attacked their
owners because the dog's brains would swell up and cause them to go insane, the
chow chow was another in the late 70s to the mid 80s

know why pits are getting the bad rap? because so many black people have decided
to own them and a few have used them for dog fighting

InvisiblePrisoner#1
 User Gallery

#22675778 - 12/19/15 01:12 PM (8 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

CHeifM4sterDiezL said:
labs can be hella agressive too some of them are really big dogs n junk. but i disagree i think some dogs are jus assholes no matter who their owner is.

did you know that cocker spaniels, poodles and chihuahuas tend to be the most aggressive dogs?

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #22675789 - 12/19/15 01:16 PM (8 years, 3 months ago)

The little dogs are always the worst. Little yippy aggressive shits that you could punt like a football.

--------------------

Offlinehex_enduction
satta massa gana
Male User Gallery

#22675795 - 12/19/15 01:18 PM (8 years, 3 months ago)

I love em, they're fuckin adorable and great dogs if you train them right, which isn't that hard. If I ever get dogs I think a pit or pit-mix of some sort would be my first choice

--------------------

Connoisseur said:
oh ive cried on drugs

sunshine said:
Tragic.  I told the cop not to do it but he didn't listen.

InvisiblezZZz
jesus

#22675808 - 12/19/15 01:22 PM (8 years, 3 months ago)

i've been bit more times by little ass dogs than big dogs, in fact i don't even think i've ever been bitten by a bigger dog..

--------------------

InvisiblePrisoner#1
 User Gallery

#22675809 - 12/19/15 01:22 PM (8 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Shroomism said:
The little dogs are always the worst. Little yippy aggressive shits that you could punt like a football.

which is why a bunch of fear mongering buttfucks arent demonizing them, because
they cant do as much harm and a short amount of time

my dog is currently attacking my daughter

InvisiblePrisoner#1
 User Gallery

#22675817 - 12/19/15 01:22 PM (8 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

zZZz said:
i've been bit more times by little ass dogs than big dogs, in fact i don't even think i've ever been bitten by a bigger dog..

my sister's chow bit my finger but I was fucking with the dog pretty fierce

Invisibleimpatientguy
Ganjalf a very mighty lab wizard
Male User Gallery

Loc: USA
    #22675844 - 12/19/15 01:31 PM (8 years, 3 months ago)

Labs are the best dogs IMO!

Very good listeners. Easy to train.

Edited by impatientguy (12/25/15 02:49 PM)

InvisibleSun King
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #22675855 - 12/19/15 01:35 PM (8 years, 3 months ago)

My brother found a pitbull puppy roaming the streets in the ghetto. That dog is a little psycho.

--------------------

InvisiblezZZz
jesus

Re: Are you afraid of pitbulls? [Re: impatientguy]
    #22675859 - 12/19/15 01:36 PM (8 years, 3 months ago)

labs can be assholes, but they are tolerable for the most part.

--------------------

InvisibleSun King
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Are you afraid of pitbulls? [Re: Sun King]
    #22675864 - 12/19/15 01:38 PM (8 years, 3 months ago)

My dog is nice.

--------------------

Invisibledanielx
whatup!
 User Gallery

#22675869 - 12/19/15 01:41 PM (8 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

zZZz said:
u can't be a afraid of pitbulls, they will sense that shit

ime, they are very loyal dogs, and there is a good reason why u see many tough looking macho people with them, because u NEED to be tough to have one, not just anyone can own these very powerful creatures. u need to be mentally and physically fit.

they require a lot of responsibility, just like anything that can potentially kill u, a pit bull is just another boon used and abused by the good and the wicked.

they can be very dominant around other breeds, but i dont think i;ve ever seen one provoke a fight, they are usually the who are provoked, usually it's some small dog with a big ego barking behind a fence that causes all the trouble. these little pieces of shits get cocky and end up getting ripped a/part and then the owners try to blame the bigger dogs, gtfo of here with that shit. it's a dog eat dog world out there, everyone;s gotta watch out for their own shit cuz aint nobody got time to watch out for u..

dude, you seriously aren't helping the pitbull cause with that talk.

Yeah, you better not act afraid of pits, or else you'll get mauled. Sounds really safe.

--------------------

InvisiblezZZz
jesus

Re: Are you afraid of pitbulls? [Re: danielx] * 1
    #22675875 - 12/19/15 01:43 PM (8 years, 3 months ago)

what talk?.., REAL talk? :whatyougonnado:

--------------------

Invisibleimpatientguy
Male User Gallery

#22675877 - 12/19/15 01:45 PM (8 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

zZZz said:
labs can be assholes, but they are tolerable for the most part.

Its all in the owner.
They don't jump or bark or dig holes or chew garbage. The wouldn't attack anyone unless maybe I was in a fight (but even then they probably would just run circles and bark)  and they know how to hunt. (Not completely naturally I had to help train them obviously)

I REALLY Know How Dogs work.

Its all in the positive reinforcement and lack of positive reinforcement.  Pushiment wont get you far with a dog IME(especially physical)

--------------------
Super clean spore printing method: https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/5276177

Invisibleimpatientguy
Male User Gallery

#22675884 - 12/19/15 01:47 PM (8 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

zZZz said:
what talk?.., REAL talk? :whatyougonnado:

If they will attack just because they sense your "fear" then yeah their suck dick.
There are dogs that are just as good for defense and aren't fucking psychos.

--------------------
Super clean spore printing method: https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/5276177

InvisiblezZZz
jesus

#22675972 - 12/19/15 02:24 PM (8 years, 3 months ago)

that's just basic animal instinct

people are that way too

--------------------

OfflineSeriously_trippin
Cosmic Guru Ganesh
Male User Gallery

#22675994 - 12/19/15 02:30 PM (8 years, 3 months ago)

Depends on the pitbull.

--------------------
R.I.P
Zombi3, Blue Helix
Modest Mouse
Zappa
Slothie
That Kid With The face
ShLong
Le Canard
split_by_nine
& Big Worm Forever
Etched in the sands of time in the shroomery and ever so beloved and deeply missed by many :heart:

Invisibleimpatientguy
Male User Gallery

#22676014 - 12/19/15 02:35 PM (8 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

zZZz said:
that's just basic animal instinct

people are that way too

No its not and no they aren't

If somthing runs(like a rabbit or bird) it will get chased(I mean my dogs wont they only care about pheasant ) but a normal dog won't attack just because it "senses fear". That's dumb and totally preventable

And if I'm dropped in a room with sombody who's scared of me it's not like I'd start trying to fucking attack them(not everyone is an asshole) so boom theory disproved.

--------------------

Edited by impatientguy (12/19/15 02:37 PM)

InvisibleT-Funkadelic
Hepatitis G
Other User Gallery

Loc: 2535 W Fairmont Ave MD 21223 Flag
Re: Are you afraid of pitbulls? [Re: impatientguy] * 2
    #22676076 - 12/19/15 02:55 PM (8 years, 3 months ago)

Every PitBull I've ever owned has been a great friendly family dog. If you want to train them to be aggressive like a dumb ass then you will have a mean ass dog. I personally have only owned Pit-Bulls. I have one now about 15 month old and he's good with kids, other dogs and even cats.

--------------------

Edited by T-Funkadelic (12/19/15 03:10 PM)

OfflineMightyWhite
Male
Re: Are you afraid of pitbulls? [Re: T-Funkadelic] * 1
    #22676128 - 12/19/15 03:13 PM (8 years, 3 months ago)

Damn, that is a good looking dog :thumbup:

InvisibleT-Funkadelic
Hepatitis G
Other User Gallery

Re: Are you afraid of pitbulls? [Re: MightyWhite] * 1
    #22676165 - 12/19/15 03:26 PM (8 years, 3 months ago)

Yeah, this girl gave him to me because she didn't have a job and was living off government assistance with no power in her house and couldn't afford to feed him. So I took him in and spoiled the shit out of him. The fucker sleeps in my bed every night.

Edit: I also accidently voted I like them when I should have voted they're wonderful.

--------------------

Edited by T-Funkadelic (12/19/15 07:09 PM)

Offlineshivas.wisdom
בּ
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Turtle Island
    #22676196 - 12/19/15 03:35 PM (8 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Patlal said:
They were once known as nanny dogs due to their friendliness and stability around children.

false, the 'nanny dog' is an oft repeated embellishment that was based solely off of some victorian era pictures of children posing with pitbull-esque dogs

i challenge you to dig up any source verifying the nanny dog claim, beyond the internet circle jerk of secondary sources

with that out of the way, i treat pitbulls with the same caution i would treat any large breed of dog, but i ain't scared of em

--------------------

OfflineDetached
You know where...

Re: Are you afraid of pitbulls? [Re: shivas.wisdom]
    #22676239 - 12/19/15 03:49 PM (8 years, 3 months ago)

I knew someone who was mauled by a pitbull. So yes I suppose I am afraid of pitbulls and for good reason. Besides, there seems to be a type of people who own intentionally purchase and own that breed in my perception of the world.

OfflineMightyWhite
Male
Re: Are you afraid of pitbulls? [Re: Detached]
    #22676279 - 12/19/15 04:02 PM (8 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Detached said:
Besides, there seems to be a type of people who own intentionally purchase and own that breed in my perception of the world.

What type of people would that be? You know, some people have pit bulls for show (conformation) and weight pull competitions. Also quite a few folks have pit bulls as catch dogs for hunting/pest control of wild pigs.

InvisiblezZZz
jesus

Re: Are you afraid of pitbulls? [Re: MightyWhite]
    #22676287 - 12/19/15 04:04 PM (8 years, 3 months ago)

if more people owned pits there would be less attacks me thinks, because they would learn the ways of the pit bull.

--------------------

OfflineMr. Wednesday
ODIN THE ALLFATHER
 User Gallery

#22676372 - 12/19/15 04:32 PM (8 years, 3 months ago)

My brother has I pitbull. Biggest fuckin pussy of a dog. No aggression at all, few years old now and still super hyper.

And God damn is that dog an idiot. Always standing in the most awkward places getting in my way.

But really he's super gentle. The last dog I had was a black lab husky mix. Be bit at least 3 kids in the face. Come to think of it I don't know why we were never forced to put him down. Probably because they were all family and friends and nobody ever pursued it.

Even that dog was very loving and gentle. He was just very protective over his food. The only time he bit anyone was when stupid kids put their face near his while he had a treat. Great dog beside that.

InvisiblezZZz
jesus

Re: Are you afraid of pitbulls? [Re: Mr. Wednesday]
    #22676388 - 12/19/15 04:38 PM (8 years, 3 months ago)

yea man, people shouldn't assume they are like stuff animals, but they should also not assume they are all vicious beasts. we should approach any creature really with caution.

--------------------

InvisibleCookieCrumbsM
Fucked off to the pub
Female User Gallery

Re: Are you afraid of pitbulls? [Re: zZZz] * 1
    #22676491 - 12/19/15 05:14 PM (8 years, 3 months ago)

Pits are some of the sweetest and most intelligent dogs. They just have to be trained well. For the most part, like with 75% of other dogs, they don't NEED to be trained to protect you. If someone clearly wants to hurt you a pitbull will put a stop to that shit.

And with their reputation... just having them in the house is a pretty good way to deter alot of burglars.

But they're not a lab. They need to be disciplined and exposed to a variety of scenarios and be taught how to behave. Basically - they're not a good dog for people who are inexperienced or stupid.

--------------------
          :dancingbear: Free time is the only time :dancingbear:                    :thatsinteresting:

Invisibleimpatientguy
Male User Gallery

Re: Are you afraid of pitbulls? [Re: CookieCrumbs] * 1
    #22676503 - 12/19/15 05:16 PM (8 years, 3 months ago)

No dog is a good dog for the stupid or inexperienced lol

--------------------

InvisiblezZZz
jesus

#22676507 - 12/19/15 05:17 PM (8 years, 3 months ago)

same could be applied to parenting..

--------------------

Invisibleimpatientguy
Male User Gallery

#22676521 - 12/19/15 05:20 PM (8 years, 3 months ago)

Absolutely.

Lol I don't have kids though (Idk if you were saying that to me or not just seemed kinda random so I assume it's towards me)

--------------------

InvisiblezZZz
jesus

#22676532 - 12/19/15 05:22 PM (8 years, 3 months ago)

i mean you'll never see a dog trying to manipulate breeds all across the world through propaganda and committing genocide on other specific dog breeds..

before we look at pit bulls, let us look at ourselfs as a species//

--------------------

Invisibleimpatientguy
Male User Gallery

#22676542 - 12/19/15 05:23 PM (8 years, 3 months ago)

Lol hippie

This thread is about dawgs

Edit: somtimes animals are fucking savages but not because it's mean just because that's how shit goes. I mean in the wild for food and stuff. (Not domestic dogs usually)

--------------------

Edited by impatientguy (12/19/15 05:26 PM)

InvisiblePrisoner#1
 User Gallery

#22676948 - 12/19/15 07:23 PM (8 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

shivas.wisdom said:
Quote:

Patlal said:
They were once known as nanny dogs due to their friendliness and stability around children.

false, the 'nanny dog' is an oft repeated embellishment that was based solely off of some victorian era pictures of children posing with pitbull-esque dogs

you're right, they sucked at cooking and cleaning and changing diapers but they
would eat poop and lick a butt clean

InvisibleAlexestalex
fallen angel

Loc: heart of the sun
    #22676956 - 12/19/15 07:25 PM (8 years, 3 months ago)

i hate pit bulls and i am so fucking glad they are banned where I live.

i hate big dogs in general. a dog should always be much weaker than a human imo.

--------------------

Stay far from timid, only make moves when your heart's in it.

InvisiblePrisoner#1
 User Gallery

Re: Are you afraid of pitbulls? [Re: Alexestalex] * 3
    #22676979 - 12/19/15 07:32 PM (8 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Alexestalex said:
i hate pit bulls and i am so fucking glad they are banned where I live.

i hate big dogs in general. a dog should always be much weaker than a human imo.

so in order to appease your fears certain things should be banned

dont like pitbulls, get yourself a little shit zu or something, maybe a couple of
kitty cats so it can accurately reflect you personality

InvisibleAlexestalex
fallen angel

#22676987 - 12/19/15 07:35 PM (8 years, 3 months ago)

I hate dogs (and cats) in general so I would never want to own any of them as pets

i actually have no problem with people owning Pitbulls. i just don't want to have to walk by a potentially dangerous animal in the street. If they were legal, id want the pitbulls to wear a mouthpiece when they're in public.

I'm glad they're banned though.

--------------------

Invisibleimpatientguy
Male User Gallery

#22676988 - 12/19/15 07:35 PM (8 years, 3 months ago)

:rofl:
I like knowing my dog(with a harness) is strong enough to pull a sled with some wood or somthing like that and actually have fun doing it.

They always come running up when they hear me struggling with firewood or whatever because they want to see if they can help and get an attaboy!

--------------------

InvisibleT-Funkadelic
Hepatitis G
Other User Gallery

#22676991 - 12/19/15 07:37 PM (8 years, 3 months ago)

He should just have a pet turtle with a muzzle just incase he decides to snap.:haha:

--------------------

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

Loc: Fractallife's gym
    #22676993 - 12/19/15 07:38 PM (8 years, 3 months ago)

Hey:megacrankey:.  I have three cats and they reflect my personality.  They bow to no one.  They are also consummate killers.  Dogs have masters.  Cats have staff.

--------------------

InvisibleAlexestalex
fallen angel

#22676994 - 12/19/15 07:38 PM (8 years, 3 months ago)

i saw a video of an old man getting fucking ripped to shreds by two pitbulls in usa.

stupid brutes

i dont care if the dogs are shitty or if the owners are shitty. at least put a mouth piece on the fucker. even if its the nicest fucking friendliest pitbull, its gotta wear a mouthpiece if it wants to walk in a public place.

--------------------

Invisibleimpatientguy
Male User Gallery

Re: Are you afraid of pitbulls? [Re: Alexestalex]
    #22677012 - 12/19/15 07:42 PM (8 years, 3 months ago)

Should every dog have to or just pitbulls?

I know if I raised a pit it would act just like my labs.
It's all the owner.

--------------------

Edited by impatientguy (12/19/15 07:44 PM)

InvisibleT-Funkadelic
Hepatitis G
Other User Gallery

#22677014 - 12/19/15 07:43 PM (8 years, 3 months ago)

I've seen alot of shit too. If you can't handle a large breed dog then go buy a gold fish or something.:shrug:

--------------------

InvisiblezZZz
jesus

#22677251 - 12/19/15 08:49 PM (8 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Alexestalex said:
I hate dogs (and cats) in general so I would never want to own any of them as pets

i actually have no problem with people owning Pitbulls. i just don't want to have to walk by a potentially dangerous animal in the street. If they were legal, id want the pitbulls to wear a mouthpiece when they're in public.

I'm glad they're banned though.

u need to get a dog dude and learn the ways of the pooch

once u know dogs u are less likely to get attacked, cuz like dogs can sense fear, and when u familiarize urself with them u kinda lose that fear and u are able to think more rationally when u are around them, thus allowing u to take control and defuse a situation if necessary.

--------------------

InvisibleAlexestalex
fallen angel

#22677260 - 12/19/15 08:52 PM (8 years, 3 months ago)

im not scared of dogs.

if a dog tries to bite me i will smash the dog's teeth in with my foot

--------------------

Offlineeehoo
Stranger

#22677278 - 12/19/15 08:56 PM (8 years, 3 months ago)

Anybody who is afraid of pit bulls should immediately be removed from the human genome

--------------------

InvisibleAlexestalex
fallen angel

Re: Are you afraid of pitbulls? [Re: eehoo]
    #22677295 - 12/19/15 09:01 PM (8 years, 3 months ago)

i dont know who i hate worse, pitbull dogs or the musician pitbull

--------------------

OfflineDetached
You know where...

Re: Are you afraid of pitbulls? [Re: eehoo]
    #22677386 - 12/19/15 09:27 PM (8 years, 3 months ago)

Wait until you or a family member is mauled then you'll change your mind

Offlinemorrowasted
Worldwide Stepper
Male User Gallery

Re: Are you afraid of pitbulls? [Re: Detached] * 1
    #22677876 - 12/19/15 11:42 PM (8 years, 3 months ago)

There is so much dumb in this thread.

The only difference between a pit bull and other dogs is its potential to do damage given the wrong environment. Just like a weapon almost never does accidental damage unless it's in the hand of poorly trained individuals, damage caused by pit bulls is the result of poor training.

OfflineApostle
Philanthropist
 User Gallery

Loc: FL Flag
    #22677893 - 12/19/15 11:50 PM (8 years, 3 months ago)

I love them but i don't exactly agree with this
Quote:

Patlal said:

Its all about the owner if you ask me.

Ive been bit before and they are capable of doing great harm and can easily kill a child or older person.

In my experience they have been very loving and obedient but they are very strong and bred to fight. It's in their lineage, there's no denying it.

OfflineLucisM
Nutritional Yeast

#22677924 - 12/20/15 12:04 AM (8 years, 3 months ago)

I am not afraid of any animal, but I agree with you Patlal, that a dogs temperament depends a lot on the owner.

I like most animals that are misunderstood, because often times I feel misunderstood, feel like I can relate to such things as pitbulls and crows to name a few animals which are viewed as bad but are not.

I used to want one, but would not buy a dog until I was in an area where I could own one with ease, and would want it from a puppy.

--------------------
©️

Offlinesprinkles
otd president
Other User Gallery

Loc: washington state Flag
    #22677926 - 12/20/15 12:04 AM (8 years, 3 months ago)

if it were up to me that breed would be eradicated.  Most of it is the owners fault, only idiots own them.  They are easy to train and love to please.  Most are extremely friendly but they seem to have a screw loose. They dont have a really strong prey drive but it is in their nature because that is what they were bred for. They will attack smaller animals and/or people. when they attack cause serious or fatal injury.  I'd put them all to sleep. 

Yes I am aware they are some very very sweet ones but I don't care.

HAHA last year on christmas a pitbull attacked and killed its owner over a bone.  the girlfriend came home to her dead boyfriend on the floor and blood all over the dogs mouth.  :dawerp:  those are exactly the kids of animals I'd want around my kids.  oh for sure.

--------------------
welcome to my world http://www.shroomery.org/forums/postlist.php/Board/326

OfflineApostle
Philanthropist
 User Gallery

Re: Are you afraid of pitbulls? [Re: sprinkles]
    #22677940 - 12/20/15 12:10 AM (8 years, 3 months ago)

She was probably better off. No grown man should lose in a fight to the death against a single pit.

Offlinesprinkles
otd president
Other User Gallery

#22677941 - 12/20/15 12:10 AM (8 years, 3 months ago)

Chows are nastier.  they dont cause the kind of damage a pitbull does.  Fuck chows.  I'd put those to sleep also.  And I do.  Thats what did this   one side other side

--------------------

InvisibleHobozen
 User Gallery
Loc: Flag
    #22677952 - 12/20/15 12:15 AM (8 years, 3 months ago)

thing's a monster

OfflineLucisM
Nutritional Yeast

#22677971 - 12/20/15 12:23 AM (8 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

sprinkles said:
Chows are nastier.  they dont cause the kind of damage a pitbull does.  Fuck chows.

Yeah, chows are gnarly.  I had a german shepherd/chow mix, just the purple tongue on him made it hard to find a place to rent because people knew he was part chow.

--------------------
©️

Offlinesprinkles
otd president
Other User Gallery

Re: Are you afraid of pitbulls? [Re: Hobozen]
    #22678012 - 12/20/15 12:44 AM (8 years, 3 months ago)

that woman is a fucking idiot.  that thing is wretchedly large.

I would feel safe walking in the woods here though.  bout the only thing it would be useful for... protection from the freaky woods people or a bear or mountain lion.

good night folks.

--------------------

OfflineCHeifM4sterDiezL
Chief Globerts

#22678028 - 12/20/15 12:52 AM (8 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

blankk said:
thing's a monster

you have no idea how redic this picture is

InvisibleHobozen
 User Gallery
Loc: Flag
    #22678051 - 12/20/15 01:04 AM (8 years, 3 months ago)

I think I have an idea

OfflinePatlal
Male User Gallery

#22678681 - 12/20/15 09:08 AM (8 years, 3 months ago)

Its the biggest pitbull in the world I believe

--------------------

OfflineLeningradCowboy
Yes, my name is you?
Male User Gallery

Loc: Siperia underground
    #22678792 - 12/20/15 09:54 AM (8 years, 3 months ago)

No, i love dem.

--------------------
From tundra with love!

FREE HAMHEAD 2020!

InvisibleTheFakeSunRa
Bitch Splitter
 User Gallery

Loc: Dirdy SOUF Flag
    #22678793 - 12/20/15 09:54 AM (8 years, 3 months ago)

I've told my neighbors that I will kill their pits if they approach my dogs and me unleashed. They used to walk around freely now people keep them restrained. No matter what kind of dog you own if you live in a city you keep it restrained.

I support breed specific bans for pits, rots, and dobermans.

--------------------
[quote]Asante said:
You constantly make posts thatr fling middle school insults at people you don't like mixed in with maladjusted psychopathic comments about wanting to beat up the other poster with a crowbar.

You know how shit you are, you just don't give a fuck for precisely that reason.

I disendorse you.[/quote]

OfflineApostle
Philanthropist
 User Gallery

Re: Are you afraid of pitbulls? [Re: TheFakeSunRa] * 2
    #22678810 - 12/20/15 09:58 AM (8 years, 3 months ago)

They're extremely good at keeping your house safe if you live in a low income area.

They are my favorite breed for sure but they are dangerous in the wrong hands.

Broward banned the breed and it just became more popular. Banning things doesn't work.

OfflineSunnyD
WiZarD oF LoVe
Male User Gallery

Loc: Planet earth
    #22678819 - 12/20/15 10:00 AM (8 years, 3 months ago)

I'm only afraid of a pit dog if the owners are sector 8 and obviously jaded

--------------------
:sunny::inlove::peyotespectrum::peyotespectrum::inlove::sunny:
And to everyone who thinks life is just a game,
Do you like the part you are playing?
This is the time in life I am living!
And I face each day with a smile :smile:
My music Library of Synthesizer goodness

InvisiblePrisoner#1
 User Gallery

Re: Are you afraid of pitbulls? [Re: TheFakeSunRa] * 3
    #22678830 - 12/20/15 10:04 AM (8 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

TheFakeSunRa said:

do you also support the extermination of jews and blacks?

OfflineLeningradCowboy
Yes, my name is you?
Male User Gallery

Loc: Siperia underground
Re: Are you afraid of pitbulls? [Re: SunnyD]
    #22678837 - 12/20/15 10:07 AM (8 years, 3 months ago)

People please........I was 7 DAYS old when i got my first bodyguard.. 52 kg oldschool rottweiler...trained to WORK...You couls tell him to sit&stay and fire 9mm in front of him without no fear...If i would want a dog that is a bodyfuard and vicious it would not be a pitbull! Study!

--------------------
From tundra with love!

FREE HAMHEAD 2020!

OfflineApostle
Philanthropist
 User Gallery

#22678845 - 12/20/15 10:09 AM (8 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Prisoner#1 said:
Quote:

TheFakeSunRa said:

do you also support the extermination of jews and blacks?

:yesnod:

InvisibleTheFakeSunRa
Bitch Splitter
 User Gallery

Re: Are you afraid of pitbulls? [Re: Apostle]
    #22679014 - 12/20/15 10:49 AM (8 years, 3 months ago)

Yeah because dogs and people are the same. :rolleyes:

--------------------
[quote]Asante said:
You constantly make posts thatr fling middle school insults at people you don't like mixed in with maladjusted psychopathic comments about wanting to beat up the other poster with a crowbar.

You know how shit you are, you just don't give a fuck for precisely that reason.

InvisiblePrisoner#1
 User Gallery

Re: Are you afraid of pitbulls? [Re: TheFakeSunRa]
    #22679065 - 12/20/15 11:01 AM (8 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

TheFakeSunRa said:

I'm pretty sure that I've proven that earlier in this thread

OfflineMescalean

Re: Are you afraid of pitbulls? [Re: Apostle]
    #22679088 - 12/20/15 11:06 AM (8 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Apostle said:
She was probably better off. No grown man should lose in a fight to the death against a single pit.

This.

If you can't put the dog down with your bare hands (even larger breeds are surprisingly fragile in the hips and vertebrae doesn't take much to snap the neck) you should not own it.

--------------------
FREE BURKE

InvisibleTheFakeSunRa
Bitch Splitter
 User Gallery

#22679117 - 12/20/15 11:16 AM (8 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Prisoner#1 said:
Quote:

TheFakeSunRa said:

Unless there's a race of people sixty feet tall there are greater variations among dogs than people. Show me two races of people who differ as much as yorkies and great danes.

Seriously, get real. You don't even have a case. Humans are astonishingly homogeneous.

--------------------
[quote]Asante said:

InvisiblePrisoner#1
 User Gallery

#22679140 - 12/20/15 11:20 AM (8 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

TheFakeSunRa said:
Quote:

Prisoner#1 said:
Quote:

TheFakeSunRa said:

Unless there's a race of people sixty feet tall there are greater variations among dogs than people. Show me two races of people who differ as much as yorkies and great danes.

Seriously, get real. You don't even have a case. Humans are astonishingly homogeneous.

I'm sorry, what?

OfflineMescalean

#22679160 - 12/20/15 11:24 AM (8 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Prisoner#1 said:
Quote:

TheFakeSunRa said:
Quote:

Prisoner#1 said:
Quote:

TheFakeSunRa said:

I'm sorry, what?

Who runs barter town....

--------------------
FREE BURKE

Edited by Mescalean (12/20/15 11:25 AM)

InvisibleTheFakeSunRa
Bitch Splitter
 User Gallery

Re: Are you afraid of pitbulls? [Re: Mescalean] * 1
    #22679255 - 12/20/15 11:48 AM (8 years, 3 months ago)

I hope that's a joke. Anyone who thinks bizarre genetic anomalies equals racial variance isn't worth having the discussion with.

--------------------
[quote]Asante said:

InvisibleTheFakeSunRa
Bitch Splitter
 User Gallery

#22692116 - 12/23/15 07:33 PM (8 years, 3 months ago)

http://www.freep.com/story/news/local/michigan/detroit/2015/12/23/mom-testifies-about-pit-bull-attack-that-killed-son/77837774/

DETROIT
'Help me, ma! Help me!' boy screamed as dogs killed him

Robert Allen, Detroit Free Press
5 hours ago

When she saw three pit bulls loose on a Detroit street, a mother walking with her 4-year-old son to a nearby school stopped.

"I said, 'Xavier, don't move,' and we started walking backwards," Lucille Strickland testified in 36th District Court on Wednesday. "I just knew that it was gonna go down. Because when the dogs looked, they just started running straight at us."
She was the fourth witness called in the preliminary examination of Geneke Lyons, 41, who is charged with second-degree murder, manslaughter and possessing dangerous animals causing death in the death of Xavier Strickland in the yard of Lyons' house on Baylis Street, at the John C. Lodge Freeway. The hearing, in its second day, was continued to Jan. 7.
Strickland spoke clearly, showing little outward emotion, as she recounted the horrors of what happened at about 12:30 p.m. Dec. 2. She previously told the Free Press that the mauling will forever be cemented in her mind.
She said Wednesday that she and her son tripped and fell as they were backing up, and the dogs converged on them. She fell on top of the boy and was bitten on her leg, back and ear.
"I started kicking and punching them away," she said. "They moved, and I got up a little bit, and I had him in my arm."
But as she tried to pull the small child to safety, the dogs "snatched him from me," dragging him back to their owner's house.
"They pulled him to the fence to the other dog in the fence, and the other dog grabbed his hood on his coat and pulled him under," Strickland said. "And they started biting and eating my son."
The mother ran to get help. As she started running, she said she could hear Xavier: "Help me, ma! Help me!"
Other witnesses recalled seeing the mother lying in grass, screaming for help. Cherisse Williams on Tuesday testified that she maced a dog in the face before police arrived.
Strickland said Wednesday that she could see the dogs in the yard surrounding her son but she couldn't see him. She heard screaming and gunshots, then she saw an officer carrying Xavier to a patrol car. She ran to the car, which left for the Henry Ford Hospital as another car picked her up to follow her son to the hospital.
Strickland said her son was intended to go to Children's Hospital of Michigan for emergency surgery. But his heart stopped, and they got it beating again.
Strickland later testified that she's never been scared of dogs or pit bulls before her son was mauled to death. "Now I am," she said.

--------------------
[quote]Asante said:

OfflineUzziel
O_o

#22692143 - 12/23/15 07:37 PM (8 years, 3 months ago)

I am not afraid of pitts but I am cautious of any large dog I don't know. I've had two large dogs attack me before and I hate having to hurt animals :shrug:

Offlinemorrowasted
Worldwide Stepper
Male User Gallery

Re: Are you afraid of pitbulls? [Re: Uzziel] * 1
    #22692181 - 12/23/15 07:43 PM (8 years, 3 months ago)

People should realize though that pit bulls are not actually an official AKC breed because they come in many different sizes, shapes, colorations, and dispositions. They were bred from the Staffordshire bull terrier and are mixed with various other kinds of dogs to bring out certain kinds of characteristics. Some of the pit bulls I work with are very sweet, small, not very strong, mellow, and can freely be mixed with dogs of any type, but some of them are huge, muscle-bound, and will attack any other dog if given the opportunity. As a mix, I would say the unpredictability factor somewhat legitimizes the fear of pit bulls over breeds and mixes.

Invisibleimpatientguy
Male User Gallery

#22692215 - 12/23/15 07:48 PM (8 years, 3 months ago)

Yeah they suck dick.

--------------------

Invisibleimpatientguy
Male User Gallery

#22692224 - 12/23/15 07:49 PM (8 years, 3 months ago)

I honestly fucking hate them.
They are very impulsive idiots.

--------------------

InvisibleCookieCrumbsM
Fucked off to the pub
Female User Gallery

#22692500 - 12/23/15 08:36 PM (8 years, 3 months ago)

Tru tru
http://www.pitbull-info-and-training.com/types-of-pitbulls.html
All of my pits have been american pitbull terriers. Love them to death.

I've also noticed that owners with big bulky pits tend to say they are blue nose but I don't know what the difference is between the blue noses and the red noses - if they're different breeds or just slight physical differences within the breed. :ohwell:

--------------------
          :dancingbear: Free time is the only time :dancingbear:                    :thatsinteresting:

InvisibleDistorted Vision
The best. Of the worst.
Male

Loc: Indiana Flag
Re: Are you afraid of pitbulls? [Re: impatientguy] * 2
    #22696127 - 12/24/15 08:16 PM (8 years, 3 months ago)

My American pitbull/Staffordshire terrier is lovely and very loving. He has played with ferrets, hundreds of dogs, cats, and even mice. He walks by my side with out a leash, jogs when I jog, stops when I stop. He loves children and can't get enough of their love. He has and will never bite a human. Unless they attack me or a loved one, then he will fight to the death, if he needs to.

Like I said, he has met hundreds of dogs but he only ever had one problem. A Chihuahua that was a complete dick. After he bit my dogs face enough times, the last being stuck under chairs (which my dog usually avoids conflict but he couldn't get away easily under the chairs) he showed his teeth and countered every attack from the little shit. He never lunged at the dog but he did catch his head in his mouth every time the Chihuahua came at him. Didn't draw blood though.

When I meet people that insult pitbulls and my dog without seeing them or allowing him to prove himself, like impatientguy, I feel sadness and hatred at the same time. For their ignorance.

--------------------

"Yo yo just here to spread my clit and show ya'll what a wonderful and free being we are all inside lets take the acid and turn inside into the outside come on over baby lets smell the roses ohh ohh come on we're about to get lit show my undies to your baby I'll hug it down three times go around frown come on we aint a nice clown kiss me upside down down down come on sorry if you cant handle my wokeness come on lets take her panties off write shroomery on my asshole and taste it lick it make if feel like we was 1978 come on baby lets do the locamotion"-Twig dude

The best. Of the worst.
Male

Re: Are you afraid of pitbulls? [Re: CookieCrumbs]
    #22696137 - 12/24/15 08:19 PM (8 years, 3 months ago)

And it is just a color difference. Just like a black coat or a white coat. All apbts are apbts

--------------------

"Yo yo just here to spread my clit and show ya'll what a wonderful and free being we are all inside lets take the acid and turn inside into the outside come on over baby lets smell the roses ohh ohh come on we're about to get lit show my undies to your baby I'll hug it down three times go around frown come on we aint a nice clown kiss me upside down down down come on sorry if you cant handle my wokeness come on lets take her panties off write shroomery on my asshole and taste it lick it make if feel like we was 1978 come on baby lets do the locamotion"-Twig dude

InvisiblezZZz
jesus

Re: Are you afraid of pitbulls? [Re: Distorted Vision] * 1
    #22696198 - 12/24/15 08:33 PM (8 years, 3 months ago)

those chihuahuas man.. im telling u :whatyougonnado:

--------------------

InvisibleTheFakeSunRa
Bitch Splitter
 User Gallery

Re: Are you afraid of pitbulls? [Re: Distorted Vision]
    #22696341 - 12/24/15 09:02 PM (8 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Distorted Vision said:
My American pitbull/Staffordshire terrier is lovely and very loving. He has played with ferrets, hundreds of dogs, cats, and even mice. He walks by my side with out a leash, jogs when I jog, stops when I stop. He loves children and can't get enough of their love. He has and will never bite a human. Unless they attack me or a loved one, then he will fight to the death, if he needs to.

Like I said, he has met hundreds of dogs but he only ever had one problem. A Chihuahua that was a complete dick. After he bit my dogs face enough times, the last being stuck under chairs (which my dog usually avoids conflict but he couldn't get away easily under the chairs) he showed his teeth and countered every attack from the little shit. He never lunged at the dog but he did catch his head in his mouth every time the Chihuahua came at him. Didn't draw blood though.

When I meet people that insult pitbulls and my dog without seeing them or allowing him to prove himself, like impatientguy, I feel sadness and hatred at the same time. For their ignorance.

If I'm walking my leashed dog and I saw you and your dog unleashed my hand would be on my revolver. If he approached he'd have bullet wounds. I may be in the minority opinion on these threads but there's enough people like me that if you give a fuck about your dog's life you'll keep him leashed when you're in public.

--------------------
[quote]Asante said:

InvisiblezZZz
jesus

#22696373 - 12/24/15 09:07 PM (8 years, 3 months ago)

that's pussy as fuck bro no offense

--------------------

InvisibleTheFakeSunRa
Bitch Splitter
 User Gallery

#22696383 - 12/24/15 09:10 PM (8 years, 3 months ago)

None taken. Me and my dogs are ride or die. They'll kill for me and I'll kill for them. Your dog is nice? I ain't waitin to find out. That's how it is.

--------------------
[quote]Asante said:

InvisiblezZZz
jesus

#22696400 - 12/24/15 09:14 PM (8 years, 3 months ago)

if some crazed dog tried that shit on one of my pups, depending on the extremity of the situation, i'd kill em with my bear hands. :whatyougonnado: no need for guns

--------------------

InvisiblezZZz
jesus

#22696426 - 12/24/15 09:24 PM (8 years, 3 months ago)

btw are u a cop?.. :strokebeard:

--------------------

Invisibleimpatientguy
Male User Gallery

#22698471 - 12/25/15 01:59 PM (8 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

zZZz said:
if some crazed dog tried that shit on one of my pups, depending on the extremity of the situation, i'd kill em with my bear hands. :whatyougonnado: no need for guns

Watch out fellas
  :urreallydumb: hide your kids, hide your wives!

--------------------

InvisibleCookieCrumbsM
Fucked off to the pub
Female User Gallery

Re: Are you afraid of pitbulls? [Re: Distorted Vision]
    #22698773 - 12/25/15 03:43 PM (8 years, 3 months ago)

Thought so. Thanks for clearing that up for me.

Also I notice too that, though they can be highly instinctual and tear the fuck out of something, most of the pits are intelligent enough to know that they don't need to use alot of force. My old girl used to gently latch on to my cat's chest or nibble at his paws or sometimes even his head to try and make him "play" with her. And he would try to tear her the fuck up. It was hilarious. While the cat drew blood a few times she never once hurt him. She was always careful not to get too rough with her little play buddy and her little play buddy eventually figured out it was a game and pitbuls made great scratching posts. It was pretty funny to watch. :lol:

--------------------

InvisibleAlexestalex
fallen angel

#22698779 - 12/25/15 03:46 PM (8 years, 3 months ago)

pit bulls are gross looking, i don't understand why somebody would want a dog that looks like that. :shrug:

i prefer an english bully

--------------------

InvisibleCookieCrumbsM
Fucked off to the pub
Female User Gallery

#22698790 - 12/25/15 03:49 PM (8 years, 3 months ago)

? ?

You trollin

--------------------

Edited by CookieCrumbs (12/25/15 03:49 PM)

InvisibleAlexestalex
fallen angel

#22698791 - 12/25/15 03:49 PM (8 years, 3 months ago)

that bulldog is so adorable

--------------------

Offlinenicechrisman
Interdimensional space wizard
Male User Gallery

#22698793 - 12/25/15 03:50 PM (8 years, 3 months ago)

I'm wary of any large dog, including pitbulls, but buttbulls are some of the nicest dogs I've ever known. I know because I raised one from pup to old age. Best dog ever. RIP Bradley.

--------------------
"Cosmic Love is absolutelely ruthless and highly indifferent:
it teaches its lessons whether you like/dislike them or not."

John C. Lily

InvisibleCookieCrumbsM
Fucked off to the pub
Female User Gallery

Re: Are you afraid of pitbulls? [Re: nicechrisman] * 1
    #22698799 - 12/25/15 03:51 PM (8 years, 3 months ago)

Left = genetic nightmare
Right = reasonable happy looking dog

Happy birthday nicechrisman :cookiemonster:

--------------------

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

#22698819 - 12/25/15 03:59 PM (8 years, 3 months ago)

It's nicechrismanmas!  National holiday!

--------------------

Offlinenicechrisman
Male User Gallery

Re: Are you afraid of pitbulls? [Re: zappaisgod]
    #22698826 - 12/25/15 04:00 PM (8 years, 3 months ago)

Hi Zappa. Merry Christmas!

--------------------

John C. Lily

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

Re: Are you afraid of pitbulls? [Re: nicechrisman]
    #22698837 - 12/25/15 04:02 PM (8 years, 3 months ago)

And a Happy nicechrismanmas to you.

Did it suck having your birthday on Christmas growing up?

--------------------

Offlinenicechrisman
Male User Gallery

#22698840 - 12/25/15 04:03 PM (8 years, 3 months ago)

Never really bothered me except that it's hard to have a real birthday party. The weirdest thing about it is people asking me that question my whole life.

--------------------

John C. Lily

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

Re: Are you afraid of pitbulls? [Re: nicechrisman] * 1
    #22698846 - 12/25/15 04:05 PM (8 years, 3 months ago)

SOOORRRY.  I'll never do it again

Until next year.  Because I'm a dick

--------------------

InvisiblezZZz
jesus

#22699062 - 12/25/15 05:16 PM (8 years, 3 months ago)

Happy b day bro, i was just thinking too like about peeps Whos bdays are today. Like that must feel pretty special. :hippie:

:highdog:

--------------------

Offlinenicechrisman
Male User Gallery

#22699094 - 12/25/15 05:27 PM (8 years, 3 months ago)

Thanks brother

--------------------

John C. Lily

Invisiblebilly jowl
blah
Male User Gallery

#22699121 - 12/25/15 05:37 PM (8 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Prisoner#1 said:
Quote:

TheFakeSunRa said:
Quote:

Prisoner#1 said:
Quote:

TheFakeSunRa said:

I'm sorry, what?

^
This disproves your whole point. Rare genetic mutations like these aren't selectively bred generation after generation. If they were, there would be vast differences in humans like there is in dog breeds.

Selective breeding would take these rare genetic defects and painstakingly seek out similar traits and breed them for generations. Making the mutations normal, and not rare as they are in natural selection.

OfflinePatlal
Male User Gallery

Re: Are you afraid of pitbulls? [Re: billy jowl] * 2
    #22699127 - 12/25/15 05:39 PM (8 years, 3 months ago)

Hulk the pitbull

--------------------

InvisibleTheFakeSunRa
Bitch Splitter
 User Gallery

Re: Are you afraid of pitbulls? [Re: billy jowl]
    #22699425 - 12/25/15 07:16 PM (8 years, 3 months ago)

Dogs and weed are selectively bred and people aren't. Your what if doesn't matter.

--------------------
[quote]Asante said:

InvisiblePrisoner#1
 User Gallery

#22699567 - 12/25/15 08:00 PM (8 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

billy jowl said:
Quote:

Prisoner#1 said:
I'm sorry, what?

^
This disproves your whole point. Rare genetic mutations like these aren't selectively bred generation after generation. If they were, there would be vast differences in humans like there is in dog breeds.

Selective breeding would take these rare genetic defects and painstakingly seek out similar traits and breed them for generations. Making the mutations normal, and not rare as they are in natural selection.

actually is doesnt because it's breeding for these specific traits that are what
produced the dogs, if we breed dogs with curly hair to others with curly hair
then we start developing more dogs with curly hair just as if we breed people
with dwarfism to others with dwarfism we will create a race of dwarves

maybe this will help to illustrate it

pygmies arent extremely common in africa but they certainly exist, they're the
result of genetics being kept closed due to isolation, just as it was in central
america for tens of thousands of years

but let's not simply look across the entire planet, let's isolate it to a single
region that shows a great deal of diversity, asia for instance

when we think of asia think of traditional chinese, japanese and korean faces
but we never look at the multitude of ethnicities on these regions such as
arabs, persians, indians, khmer, hmong, etc... they dont all look exactly the
same within each ethnicity but they share many similar features such as skin
color, bone structure, eye shape, etc...

let's narrow it down even further, Thailand, there's 3 dozen ethnicities native
to thailand. the Khmer and Khmu people for instance tend to have darker skin and
more rounded faces that the Hmong or the Karen or Lao. if two Khmer that come
from generations of Khmer produce an offspring it's very unlikely that that
offspring will look Chinese, Filipino or even like a Hmong or Lao

now you can keep looking at skin color and believing that that's where the
differences end but you'll obviously be wrong, there is far more to it than
yellow, brown, red, black and white

InvisiblePrisoner#1
 User Gallery

#22699570 - 12/25/15 08:02 PM (8 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

TheFakeSunRa said:
Dogs and weed are selectively bred and people aren't. Your what if doesn't matter.

people are selectively bred

The best. Of the worst.
Male

#22699609 - 12/25/15 08:13 PM (8 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

TheFakeSunRa said:
Quote:

Distorted Vision said:

If I'm walking my leashed dog and I saw you and your dog unleashed my hand would be on my revolver. If he approached he'd have bullet wounds. I may be in the minority opinion on these threads but there's enough people like me that if you give a fuck about your dog's life you'll keep him leashed when you're in public.

My dog wouldn't approach you lol. I've never seen such a bitch response to anything in my life.
:lolsy:

My dog is better behaved and more humane than you. How does it feel to be less civilized than my dog?

--------------------

InvisibleT-Funkadelic
Hepatitis G
Other User Gallery

#22699630 - 12/25/15 08:18 PM (8 years, 3 months ago)

If you own a large breed dog and you are not the alpha male equivalent in the relationship with your pet and your dog is disobedient then put the dog up for adoption so someone who can properly train it can give it the life it deserves.

--------------------

Invisiblebilly jowl
blah
Male User Gallery

Re: Are you afraid of pitbulls? [Re: Distorted Vision] * 1
    #22699647 - 12/25/15 08:24 PM (8 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Prisoner#1 said:
Quote:

TheFakeSunRa said:

people are selectively bred

Dogs are more different then people dammit! :shiiiiit:

Quote:

Distorted Vision said:
Quote:

TheFakeSunRa said:
Quote:

Distorted Vision said:

My dog wouldn't approach you lol. I've never seen such a bitch response to anything in my life.
:lolsy:

My dog is better behaved and more humane than you. How does it feel to be less civilized than my dog?

I always say leashes can slip. That's why when I walk my dog if I see another dog leashed or not, I just start fuck'n shoot'n! Better safe then sorry, I always say that afterwards too...

Then me and my dog skittles run home..

--------------------

InvisibleTheFakeSunRa
Bitch Splitter
 User Gallery

#22699784 - 12/25/15 09:01 PM (8 years, 3 months ago)

It's funny how people on the Shroomery will join hands to argue for the most incredibly stupid positions. Tea Cup Yorkies weigh 5 lbs. Heavy breeds weigh over 100 lbs. That's the end of my argument. You can type long posts and insert images, it doesn't matter. Your positions are so stupid they're not even worth considering.

--------------------
[quote]Asante said:

InvisibleTheFakeSunRa
Bitch Splitter
 User Gallery

#22699798 - 12/25/15 09:04 PM (8 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

My dog wouldn't approach you lol.

Then you're good.

--------------------
[quote]Asante said:

InvisibleT-Funkadelic
Hepatitis G
Other User Gallery

#22699812 - 12/25/15 09:11 PM (8 years, 3 months ago)

I walk a killer pitt with a gun on my hip.

--------------------

Invisiblebilly jowl
blah
Male User Gallery

Re: Are you afraid of pitbulls? [Re: TheFakeSunRa] * 1
    #22699823 - 12/25/15 09:14 PM (8 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

TheFakeSunRa said:
It's funny how people on the Shroomery will join hands to argue for the most incredibly stupid positions. Tea Cup Yorkies weigh 5 lbs. Heavy breeds weigh over 100 lbs. That's the end of my argument. You can type long posts and insert images, it doesn't matter. Your positions are so stupid they're not even worth considering.

Bring your dog to the next gathering, and say that to my face.  :uhno:

--------------------

The best. Of the worst.
Male

#22699986 - 12/25/15 10:02 PM (8 years, 3 months ago)

I also leash my dog when I approach people just to make them feel safe and to not hear them complain.

--------------------

InvisibleAlexestalex
fallen angel

Re: Are you afraid of pitbulls? [Re: Distorted Vision] * 2
    #22700024 - 12/25/15 10:17 PM (8 years, 3 months ago)

any dog in public should be on a leash

--------------------

Offlinex Ju x
Aubergine Of The Sun
Male

Loc: Shpongleland, Canada Flag
    #22700150 - 12/25/15 10:59 PM (8 years, 3 months ago)

I'm not afraid of pitbulls specifically, i'm just not used to being around dogs. I've had cats all my life so whenever I'm around a dog or meet a new one i'm always a little cautious until I understand they're demeanor.

Some dogs I'm instantly comfortable around, regardless of size or type, and some I'm hesitant to interact with because of how they behave.

--------------------

OfflinePreparationH
apply daily

Loc: Amsterdam
    #22700160 - 12/25/15 11:02 PM (8 years, 3 months ago)

I am afraid of big dogs off leash...

I have had a pitbull mastiff for the last 3 years.  She is the coolest fucking animal I have ever met and extremely friendly and is my first and only dog, she is seriously my best friend!  She was attacked by a beagle one time and she fucked him up so the potential to harm people is there obviously. 

When I got her she was wild though, she attacked me multiple times the first week of having her.  I actually wore a coat because I was afraid of her ripping a chunk out of my arm, I was worried I would have to give her back because I thought maybe she was a bad animal. The thought even crossed my mind that maybe it could be the damn breed and she was just a bad dog and that talk about pits was true... 

What I did though was when she attacked me I would get her to the ground and roll her on her back, mount her and hold her head to the floor and overpower her, act scary, be alpha as fuck until she calmed down. I would tell her that she was being bad and I would put her in "jail" which was my kitchen alone I would close her in there. After only a few days, she never bit me again.  If she acted up, I would take her right to the kitchen and she would not go in, I'd have to pick her ass up and put her in there because she knew it was punishment.  She would sit in there and cry for 10 minutes and I'd let her out and it just got so infrequent to the point where she was a really well trained dog.

I have barely had to punish her AT ALL since back then, she still remembers what the word "jail" means too it's nuts.  I caught her chewing on a packet of index cards and said "Hey, do you want me to put you in jail?" instantly stops and sulked away LOL. 

I think 99% of it is in how they are trained.

OfflineJacksonMetaller
Stranger

Re: Are you afraid of pitbulls? [Re: PreparationH]
    #22700980 - 12/26/15 09:05 AM (8 years, 3 months ago)

My little pit mix is the sweetest dog on this planet. Like annoyingly sweet. My little lab/whippet mix on the other hand thinks she's a fearsome warrior... That said I wouldn't stick my hand in the face of any dog with a decent chomper but I thought it was common sense at this point that pits are not innately dangerous

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

Re: Are you afraid of pitbulls? [Re: JacksonMetaller]
    #22701055 - 12/26/15 09:46 AM (8 years, 3 months ago)

Unless they are obviously aggressive I usually put my hand down and let them sniff it.  Then I watch how they act to decide if I'm going to pet them or not.  Letting them sniff you seems to reassure them.

--------------------

Invisibledanielx
whatup!
 User Gallery

#22701175 - 12/26/15 10:39 AM (8 years, 3 months ago)

Ohhh what, it was chrismans birthday yesterday? Why didn't you say anything man, here I am wishing you a merry Christmas like an asshole.

vaguely starting to remember this conversation about age a week ago sitting on your couch. I r failure

--------------------

OfflineJacksonMetaller
Stranger

#22701194 - 12/26/15 10:46 AM (8 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

zappaisgod said:
Unless they are obviously aggressive I usually put my hand down and let them sniff it.  Then I watch how they act to decide if I'm going to pet them or not.  Letting them sniff you seems to reassure them.

I would let them approach it obviously, just not directly put it up to their face. I never have that problem though because most pits I encounter at the dog park are drooling on my face before I get the chance :lol:

InvisibleTheFakeSunRa
Bitch Splitter
 User Gallery

Re: Are you afraid of pitbulls? [Re: JacksonMetaller]
    #22742794 - 01/06/16 05:01 AM (8 years, 3 months ago)

Pitbulls maul boy, 9, to death http://www.cnn.com/videos/us/2016/01/05/california-boy-mauled-to-death-by-pitbulls-dnt.ktxl

This stupid bitch leaves a 9 year old with 3 pitbulls because she's bought into all the stupid hype about what loyal friendly family dogs they are and now he dead.

What a great breed.

--------------------
[quote]Asante said:

Invisible4runner
 User Gallery

Loc: State of Jefferson
    #22742816 - 01/06/16 05:22 AM (8 years, 3 months ago)

Pitbulls are the new rottweilers.

Rottweilers have stronger jaws than a pit, but yet, both are gentle dogs when raised properly. Hell, my Rottweiler preens the dirt out from under my wifes finger nails with gentle precision.

My buddy is one year old now.

Edited by 4runner (01/06/16 05:26 AM)

Offlineallseeingike
Male User Gallery

Loc: elgin ill-miami fl
Re: Are you afraid of pitbulls? [Re: 4runner]
    #22742924 - 01/06/16 06:36 AM (8 years, 3 months ago)

Ive met good dogs and bad dogs, breed has nothing to do with it (though ive only ever been actually attacked by chihuahuas, pomeranians, chihuahua/pomeranian mixes, wiener dogs and a maltese).

Most people that get pits (or dogs mistakenly labeled as pits like american bulldogs) do so to appear tough and vecause of the pitbulls reputation but pits are friendly ime and small.

If you want a dog that will make people shit themselves get a presa canario (i had 4) it looks like a pitbull, if the pitbull was born from satans vagina after raping a demon and they get as big as 200 lbs.

We had a 2 month old 40lbs puppy, an 8 month old 90lbs ouppy, and the 2 parents of unknown age with the mom about 150 lbs and dad about 180lbs.

The parents were viscious (they were trained to be) but the puppies were super nice and lovable

Offlineallseeingike
Male User Gallery

Loc: elgin ill-miami fl
Re: Are you afraid of pitbulls? [Re: 4runner]
    #22742931 - 01/06/16 06:38 AM (8 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

4runner said:
Pitbulls are the new rottweilers.

Rottweilers have stronger jaws than a pit, but yet, both are gentle dogs when raised properly. Hell, my Rottweiler preens the dirt out from under my wifes finger nails with gentle precision.

My buddy is one year old now.

Wow that last picture makes that beast look viscious and dangerous (jk of course its fucking adorable)

Offlinesprinkles
otd president
Other User Gallery

Re: Are you afraid of pitbulls? [Re: allseeingike] * 1
    #22742962 - 01/06/16 07:02 AM (8 years, 3 months ago)

my old man will be 8 in april.  he doesnt look 8 tho.  all his family members and litter mates are dead.  lol he's the only survivor.  thx to his mom (me)

--------------------

OfflineSupachopped719
Stranger
 User Gallery

#22743708 - 01/06/16 11:46 AM (8 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

sprinkles said:

my old man will be 8 in april.  he doesnt look 8 tho.  all his family members and litter mates are dead.  lol he's the only survivor.  thx to his mom (me)

So you killed all his relatives?

--------------------

OfflineHerbologist
Grrratata
I'm a teapot

Loc: Casa Bonita Flag
    #22743764 - 01/06/16 12:03 PM (8 years, 3 months ago)

If you are afraid of pitbulls or any dog specifically because of their breed your just a huge fucking pussy.

Dogs aren't born mean, they are made mean by their owners.

I love animals and I'd never discriminate against a pitbull.  I actually plan on rescuing one eventually.

--------------------
Shroomery Law:  Don't piss off the leftist mods & their friends! :banhamster:

InvisibleOhMrJohnson
Modern Day Alchemist

Loc: Terra Incognita Flag
Re: Are you afraid of pitbulls? [Re: Herbologist]
    #22743797 - 01/06/16 12:12 PM (8 years, 3 months ago)

What a vicious creature!! I mean just look at him, that's the very definition of aggression

--------------------

Diminish the sub-principle and leave its toxic trace..
Once and for all!

Offlineshivas.wisdom
בּ
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #22743820 - 01/06/16 12:19 PM (8 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Herbologist said:
If you are afraid of pitbulls or any dog specifically because of their breed your just a huge fucking pussy.

true, but if you don't treat animals with the ability to kill a human with caution and respect (see: leaving a toddler alone with three large dogs) than you are an irresponsible owner (not saying this is you)

--------------------

OfflineHerbologist
Grrratata
I'm a teapot

#22743881 - 01/06/16 12:32 PM (8 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

shivas.wisdom said:
Quote:

Herbologist said:

true, but if you don't treat animals with the ability to kill a human with caution and respect (see: leaving a toddler alone with three large dogs) than you are an irresponsible owner (not saying this is you)

If you took the 3 biggest dogs I've ever owned and put them in a room with a child, that child wouldn't be in a safer place.  Its all about how you treat them and an animal raised right is not going to be dangerous unless its protecting you from harm.

--------------------

OfflineIn dust we trust
PCP Saved My Life
Re: Are you afraid of pitbulls? [Re: Herbologist] * 2
    #22743911 - 01/06/16 12:38 PM (8 years, 3 months ago)

I've met a lot of pitbulls and never met a mean one. Most are really nice, fun, playful dogs. They're cool in my book

Dogs aren't bad, bad people are bad

I'm not really afraid of any dogs, they can read your body language pretty well so don't be scared of them and they'll be good to you (for the most part)

OfflineHerbologist
Grrratata
I'm a teapot

Re: Are you afraid of pitbulls? [Re: In dust we trust]
    #22744001 - 01/06/16 12:54 PM (8 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

In dust we trust said:
I've met a lot of pitbulls and never met a mean one. Most are really nice, fun, playful dogs. They're cool in my book

Dogs aren't bad, bad people are bad

I'm not really afraid of any dogs, they can read your body language pretty well so don't be scared of them and they'll be good to you (for the most part)

:whathesaid:

--------------------

OfflineIn dust we trust
PCP Saved My Life
    #22744010 - 01/06/16 12:57 PM (8 years, 3 months ago)

Like dogs definitely know when you're tripping. Its hilarious but so weird. Like they definitely know

They can read their owners body language really well

OfflineHerbologist
Grrratata
I'm a teapot

Re: Are you afraid of pitbulls? [Re: In dust we trust]
    #22744029 - 01/06/16 01:01 PM (8 years, 3 months ago)

Yeah, they do.

i really miss my dog, he should be here but no :sad:

--------------------

Offlineshivas.wisdom
בּ
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #22744090 - 01/06/16 01:13 PM (8 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Herbologist said:
Quote:

shivas.wisdom said:
Quote:

Herbologist said:

If you took the 3 biggest dogs I've ever owned and put them in a room with a child, that child wouldn't be in a safer place.  Its all about how you treat them and an animal raised right is not going to be dangerous unless its protecting you from harm.

can i ask why you think those three pitbulls mauled that child to death? the article leads me to believe these pitbulls were not raised to be vicious, and both dogs and child were very familiar with each other 

how did things go from:
Quote:

"He loved them, he laid in the bed with them. He played with them. He wanted one of their puppies," Griffin-Heady said.

to:
Quote:

"She returned to that residence approximately three hours later, discovered him unresponsive with significant wounds," said Yuba County Sheriff Steven Durfor who added Griffin-Heady called 911, but Tyler was pronounced dead at the hospital.

"I'm guessing he got up to go to the bathroom or got up to get up, he tried to leave and from there I don't know," said Griffin-Heady.

--------------------

OfflineHerbologist
Grrratata
I'm a teapot

#22744107 - 01/06/16 01:17 PM (8 years, 3 months ago)

How do we know that child wasn't a little shit that antagonized the dogs?  How do we know that, ontop of being an antagonist, that the dogs weren't abused?

Those stories always play out as the dogs just randomly acting out as if there were NEVER ANY other considerable factors.

--------------------

Offlineshivas.wisdom
בּ
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #22744159 - 01/06/16 01:28 PM (8 years, 3 months ago)

look man, i have nothing against pitbulls or any other breed of dog--but you are in denial towards the fact the large breeds of dogs can be dangerous, and should be treated with the caution and respect they deserve

yes, kids can be shitheads to animals--which is why a responsible dog owner shouldn't leave a child of doubtful maturity alone with an animal, especially one that could kill them if provoked

isn't the pro-pitty argument always revolving around it not being the dog but irresponsible owners? so why get defensive when i agree with you that no breed of dog should be feared, but also add that large dog breeds need to have responsible owners to prevent the risk of bad things happening

--------------------

OfflineHerbologist
Grrratata
I'm a teapot

#22744186 - 01/06/16 01:38 PM (8 years, 3 months ago)

Im not saying that they can't be dangerous.

I think they also deserve respect but to say you should be cautious around them?  I have to disagree.  Im also not being defensive, im pointing other very possible factors because unlike media and close minded individuals I do not immediately point my finger at the animal.

My doberman, bless his heart and RIP, would never hurt anyone.  I raised him as a puppy and not once, ever, did he growl, snarl, nip or bite anyone in his 5 1/2 years of life.  he was the sweetest creature on earth, one would say the salt of the earth.

Im more dangerous than he would have ever been because I'd kill/steal or w/e to have him back.

--------------------

Offlineshivas.wisdom
בּ
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Are you afraid of pitbulls? [Re: Herbologist] * 1
    #22744212 - 01/06/16 01:44 PM (8 years, 3 months ago)

do you think that lady was acting responsibly when she left her brother alone with her dogs?

--------------------

InvisiblezZZz
jesus

#22745149 - 01/06/16 05:55 PM (8 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

sprinkles said:

(me)

dude looks like a beast in that one :manofapproval:

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder