Home | Community | Message Board

Shroom Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlineskoomaguitarist
pathetique

Loc: superfailure
making f*cked decisions
    #2267224 - 01/24/04 02:33 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

what is it about me that is so embedded in failure? why do i make so many stupid choices?
its not like i cant see what i need to do to get ahead in life... its just that at the moment, i cant think of whats best for the long run. if someone wanted to give you a million dollars now, or $50,000 for the next 20 years of your life, you would probably take the $50,000... right? now me, being stupid like i am, wouldnt see the value of 20 years down the road. i would take the million, now. why do i make decisions like that?

has anyone else ever made a decision that was so utterly crappy that looking back on it now, you just want to die? well, maybe not die... but regret it a whole lot? someone tell me im not alone here, making all these decisions on my own and sucking all the way through life... and if anyone else had this problem and figured a way through it, let me know, please?

im sorry for all the wrong decisions i made, all the wrong turns, and dead ends in my life... and id like to think that i can pull through this, but im not sure... with all this failure surrounding me like a cloak of plague, i think im going to turn into rip van winkle and sleep for a long long time, until all i know is gone and the world is new again..... :crying:

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineFrog
Warrior
Female User Gallery

Loc: The Zero Point Field
Re: making f*cked decisions [Re: skoomaguitarist]
    #2267229 - 01/24/04 02:38 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

I know someone who was making a lot of bad decisions until his late 20's. He got tired of it, like you. He said it came down to being disciplined.

Most people make choices out of laziness, he said. So he stopped being lazy.

I made bad choices when I was younger, because of how I was raised. I got some counseling.

How old are you?

--------------------
The day will come when, after harnessing the ether, the winds, the tides, gravitation, we shall harness for God the energies of love. And, on that day, for the second time in the history of the world, man will have discovered fire.  -Teilard

Offlineskoomaguitarist
pathetique

Loc: superfailure
Re: making f*cked decisions [Re: Frog]
    #2267277 - 01/24/04 03:07 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

you see, i am only 19 right now, getting ready to turn 20. i am depressed since this means that i have the rest of my life to continue down the worthless path ive taken. an attempt at change for me means only another failure in the end. i dont know what to do anymore....

InvisibleYarry
Old Timer
 User Gallery

#2267452 - 01/24/04 04:16 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

dude im the exact same. same age, same problem. i finally just got off my ass and worked for what i wanted, and now im down a path im really happy about. you gotta work for what you want, and if your not willing to work for it dont complain

--------------------
Grumpy Old Man.

OfflineFrog
Warrior
Female User Gallery

Loc: The Zero Point Field
    #2267526 - 01/24/04 04:54 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

skoomaguitarist said:
you see, i am only 19 right now, getting ready to turn 20. i am depressed since this means that i have the rest of my life to continue down the worthless path ive taken. an attempt at change for me means only another failure in the end. i dont know what to do anymore....

No! You're wrong! I am speaking from experience!

I made a lot of fucked up decisions from, like, high school until I was 26. Then, I went into counseling. My childhood played a big role in why I made so many fucked up decisions. I had to straighten those out, in counseling, because they were serious issues, before I could move on.

But from 26 until now, I have made very few fucked up decisions.

I remember when I was about 34, and I said to my then-husband that I felt so bad about all the fucked up decisions I had made in the earlier years.

He said, "If all you have to feel bad about is the fucked up decisions you made then, that's good, because that shows that you're not making any fucked up decisons now."

That made me stop and think. And I realized I could stop feeling bad about the decisions I had made, when younger, because I had stopped the pattern.

So, if you've been in a pattern of making bad decisions, just stop. After a while of making good decisions, you'll eventually stop ruminating about the bad decisions, because those will be ancient history.

Look, it shows you're a good person with good potential just given the fact that you are thinking of these things. So just stop making the bad decisions and start making the good ones.

If you don't know what the good ones are, find a mentor, or talk to your parents. Don't be afraid to take advice.

I know, I'm 45, I'm an attorney, I'm the "establishment", or, "the Man".

Keep in mind that I did a lot of drugs and alcohol from 13 to 26. Dropped out of high school. Don't even have a GED. Had kids too young, etc. Been on welfare.

Well, now I'm an attorney. Not everyone has to become part of the establishment, but everyone has the capacity to make good decisions for their lives. I mean, shit, if I could do it, anyone can do it.

--------------------
The day will come when, after harnessing the ether, the winds, the tides, gravitation, we shall harness for God the energies of love. And, on that day, for the second time in the history of the world, man will have discovered fire.  -Teilard

InvisibleYarry
Old Timer
 User Gallery

Re: making f*cked decisions [Re: Frog]
    #2267722 - 01/24/04 08:35 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Frog said:

I know, I'm 45, I'm an attorney, I'm the "establishment", or, "the Man".

FIGHT THE MAN!  :lol:

--------------------
Grumpy Old Man.

Anonymous #1

#2267776 - 01/24/04 09:24 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

"behind every success is 99 failures",i don't know who said it but its true.chin up old boy :thumbup:

Offlinedaba
Stranger
 User Gallery

#2269621 - 01/24/04 11:50 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

skoomaguitarist said:
what is it about me that is so embedded in failure? why do i make so many stupid choices?
its not like i cant see what i need to do to get ahead in life... its just that at the moment, i cant think of whats best for the long run. if someone wanted to give you a million dollars now, or $50,000 for the next 20 years of your life, you would probably take the $50,000... right? now me, being stupid like i am, wouldnt see the value of 20 years down the road. i would take the million, now. why do i make decisions like that?

Sorry, you made the correct choice. $1million right now, hands down. You can't predict the future, man.

--------------------
Fold for The Shroomery!

InvisibleKthxBye
bandito furioso

Loc: bottom of the noob barrel
    #2281815 - 01/28/04 09:23 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Taking the million would be better cause you could start making interest on it...but I know what you mean.

--------------------
I know what he wants: a drag of smooth tobbacco blended with the finest Turkish Turkweed. Here, have a toke on me you dumb beast.

Edited by KthxBye (01/28/04 09:23 PM)

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being