Home | Community | Message Board

Everything Mushrooms
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Ultrasonic Humidifier

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineMax1
MaxiMillion

Watering a fruiting casing ???
    #2266974 - 01/23/04 11:16 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Anyone ever watered a fruiting casing of straw? I gave my casing a medium shot of water/h202. Not drownding but a fairly nice watering.
Ive always heard people dont water after pinning but what affect if any will giveing the casing during fruit a little water?

Thought I may have had a contam issue in an adjacent pan and with out thinking about it I gave all the rest a h202 treatment. Wasnt contam and you'll laugh if I told you what it was. some may guess. Anyhow has anyone had any ill affects from watering this late or you think it may have even gave them a boost. It does rain from time to time out doors. Im thinking it couldnt have done them any harm?
Whats your thoughts?

The fruits are about 1" tall

Max

Edited by Max1 (01/23/04 11:22 PM)

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinebluhoney
Yes Im a realgirl ,geeesh
Female User Gallery

Re: Watering a fruiting casing ??? [Re: Max1]
    #2266988 - 01/23/04 11:22 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

It depends on the sprayer used. If you used an ultrafine mist spray, you may be alright. I know that pins can get damaged by droplets of water. Once the fruit is fully established I wouldnt think it would hurt it unless you absolutly drown it. My friend waters between flushes with an ultrasonic humidifier on high a few minutes a day. Works great. During fruiting she uses the ultrasonic on low a few minutes a day. Hope this helps. :smile:bluhoney

--------------------
Information listed here is for entertainment only and is neither real or proven

OfflineTeon
Chemist/Self-AppointedFAQ Facist
Male

Loc: Here
Re: Watering a fruiting casing ??? [Re: bluhoney]
    #2267057 - 01/24/04 12:29 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

You're fine. This is really only going to be an issue during primordia formation, when the developing fruits are the most fragile. Also, the more ideal your casing layer is (that is, the less overlay you have and the more evenly colonized it is) the less this will matter.

--------------------
No statements made in any post or message by myself should be construed to mean that I am now, have ever been, or will at any future time will be participating in or considering participation in any activities in violation of any legal statue; be it local, state, or federal law. All posts are works of fiction, and are intended for entertainment purposes only.

Don't just assume anything I or anyone else says is true. Test it for yourself. See if it's true.
Generate more useful information. The world is running desperately low on it.

OfflineMax1
MaxiMillion

Re: Watering a fruiting casing ??? [Re: Teon]
    #2267120 - 01/24/04 01:03 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Fantastic, Id say the amount of overlay is perfect. At least its what I like to see. Heres a pic pre watering.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Ultrasonic Humidifier

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation