Home | Community | Message Board

Zamnesia.com
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Ethnobotanical Garden

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Magic Flight Launch Box, San Pedro, Vaporizer

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
InvisibleHelp on the Way
Slipknot420

Loc: Another World
Smoking Peyote?
    #2266796 - 01/23/04 09:16 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Hey everyone

Has anybody every heard of peyote being smoked? I have never done peyote but I ask because almost all the information about peyote i've found online involves it being taken orally. But i used to know a few different people who had done peyote, and they all said that they smoked it. Like in gravity bongs. And they all said they definitely tripped.

Has anybody out there tried this, or know people who have tried it? How would the effects be different from taking it orally?

Just Curious

If its possible, maybe you could smoke san pedro too...although i bet you'd have to smoke ridiculous amount's of it so thats a terrible idea.

--------------------
:shocked: *Divine Moments of Truth* :shocked:

"Limitless undying love which shines around me like a million suns - it calls me on and on across the universe" ~ John Lennon

"Once in a while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right" ~The Grateful Dead

"Religionists, with their guaranteed eventual paradise, of which they know nothing, taking it all on 'faith,' can't be expected to understand or sympathize with those with a yen to storm the Gate of Heaven and see for themselves what all the praying's about!" ~Robert Hunter

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinethe man
still tappin caps

Loc: C A N A D A
Re: Smoking Peyote? [Re: Help on the Way]
    #2266866 - 01/23/04 10:08 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

i think that is a not very well thougth out idea. it could be done in theory if vaporized at right temp but it would be such a fast onset and shorter effects. plus it would have to be a herioc amount of even pure alkaloids.

--------------------
http://www.fsrc.caand FSRE are now accepting edible/medicinal spores. please donate

And Moses Said "Let my mushrooms grow!"

Invisibleshriek

#2266868 - 01/23/04 10:11 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

that has been tried and won`t work very well. i havent bothered waste peyote myself but a friend of mine experimented with one of those digital vaporizers used for cannabis with very bad result. he said he didnt feel a buzz at all

Offlinebeanchild
bean
Re: Smoking Peyote? [Re: shriek]
    #2267048 - 01/24/04 12:21 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

does anyone know if the peyote they sell on ebay is old enough to eat? or am i better off with san pedro>?

InvisibleHarveyWalbanger
Demiurge
Male

Loc: 8b
    #2267875 - 01/24/04 11:21 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

On the archives, nan mentions "Peyote because of it's very complex pharmacology should never be processed. It is best eaten fresh, dried is pretty OK... Boiling this cactus destroys some of the less robust synergistic compounds... And it makes a noticable difference in the experience."

Me thinks its a horribly stupid idea....

Its almost certainly not old enough, but still.. You would eat an ebay peyote?!?!?!? I demand you to eat some san pedro instead and graft that button onto something. Buy another cactus, or just a calloused cutting, and graft them together. Then wait 2 years... Then, if you absolutely had to try some, make yourself some san pedro and just chew on a nice sized button, I hear most people cant tell the diffrence, but I would rather take that button and graft it onto a cactus and wait a few more years.... It doesnt take long to multiply a single button man.. as if you wouldnt be buying more over the years while it grew....

--------------------

Edited by HarveyWalbanger (01/24/04 11:35 AM)

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Magic Flight Launch Box, San Pedro, Vaporizer

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Ethnobotanical Garden