Home | Community | Message Board

Kraken Kratom
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1

If you spawn into poo, why wait till jars are 100% first?
    #2266583 - 01/23/04 07:24 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

I just want to understand this cause its not making any sense. If Im going to take a jar and put it into alot more poo what difference would it make if there were still some patches on the jars. After all the amount of poo its going to have to overtake is small compared to an inch patch inside a jar.

Whats the deal with stuff like that. Why would you risk contamination more by not letting it finish?

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Wasting my Time,Waiting for theEnd

Loc: New Jerusalem
Re: If you spawn into poo, why wait till jars are 100% first? [Re: Scolecite]
    #2266596 - 01/23/04 07:30 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

the grain or flour in the jars is way more susceptible to contamination than poo. Thats why.

On a personal level, Freaking Out is a process whereby an
individual casts off outmoded and restricting standars of
thinking, dress, and social etiquette in order to express
CREATIVELY his relationship to his immediate environment and
the social structure as a whole.

http://www.OrganicPharming.com - Ethno Shopping Portal

Re: If you spawn into poo, why wait till jars are 100% first [Re: Scolecite]
    #2266764 - 01/23/04 08:59 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

To be honest with you, you would likely get away with it most of the time if you didn't wait until 100% however there are benefits.

You can only see the surface of the colonizing jar, this means that for all you know the surface could be 90% colonized whereas the core may be nowhere near that.  Thats going to be a nasty suprise when you jump the gun and put it in :smile:  Your inch patch that isn't colonized just became a large chunk!

Its about not taking risks, its only a risk to move at pre 100% - not a signification of failure.  That uncolonized piece of substrate removed out of the jar is just as tasty for mold and bacteria as it is for your fun fungus.  Thing is, your fun fungus has a hold and it will take a little while for the molds to take over, but they are generally stronger than mycelium if they get a hold and they will ruin your spawning.

I get where you are coming from, hah.. there should an acronym for this site - I.N. (Impatient Newbie).  I mean that in a kind way of course, we have all been there and there is nothing wrong with asking questions because answers make you more knowledgable. 

Hope that helps.

Edited by utopianglory (01/23/04 09:00 PM)

Deadly ViperAssassinationSquad
 User Gallery

Loc: I'm over here now.
Re: If you spawn into poo, why wait till jars are 100% first? [Re: Scolecite]
    #2266836 - 01/23/04 09:46 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

you could cut out the uncolonized part if your that rammy to get going. otherwise knock up some more jars to pass the time. oh, and utopianglory
that was a great reply.  :loveeyes:

"Why don't they make the whole plane out of that black box stuff."
Steven Wright.

Some say the glass is half empty, some say the glass is half full, I say, are you going to drink that?

"I'm desperately trying to figure out why kamikaze pilots wore helmets."

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation