Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflinephEight
fate
Loc: houston, tx
The United States Government & Education....
    #2265951 - 01/23/04 02:09 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Well, today in class a little discussion broke out by the teacher whilst studying the European Renaissance period. And well, the teacher was saying how the Federal government has tediously begun to administer the curriculums of high school courses.

Before, it used to be up to the local community to decide upon what sort of curriculum will be taught, then it gradually moved to the state deciding the curriculum, and it seems to be the federal government is beginning to take control of the curriculum throughout all of the high schools in the United States.

Funny thing is, the last amendment of the bill of rights states: The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the states, are reserved to the states respectively, or to the people.

I for one, do not like the idea at all that the government is beginning to gain control over curriculums...

(I figured spirituality & philosophy forum would be best for this sort of discussion, if not, mods feel free to move to the appropriate section.)

--------------------
"Is it so bad, then, to be misunderstood? Pythagoras was misunderstood, and Socrates, and Jesus, and Luther, and Copernicus, and Galileo, and Newton, and every pure and wise spirit that ever took flesh. To be great is to be misunderstood." -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinerecalcitrant
My Own God

Loc: Canada West
Re: The United States Government & Education.... [Re: phEight]
    #2266010 - 01/23/04 02:26 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Don't you see where this is going? You are in a war, whether u like it or not. grab a weapon and start firing.

--------------------

We have to answer our own prayers

InvisibleEvolving
Resident Cynic

Loc: Apt #6, The Village
    #2266026 - 01/23/04 02:33 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Centralized control of education makes it much easier to create uniformity of opinion among the masses. This is why it is VERY important that the federal government get more and more involved... IT'S FOR (the molding of) THE CHILDREN!

Now shut up and watch your T.V.! Oh, and don't forget to vote among the choices that have been carefully selected for you.

--------------------
To call humans 'rational beings' does injustice to the term, 'rational.'  Humans are capable of rational thought, but it is not their essence.  Humans are animals, beasts with complex brains.  Humans, more often than not, utilize their cerebrum to rationalize what their primal instincts, their preconceived notions, and their emotional desires have presented as goals - humans are rationalizing beings.

Offlinerecalcitrant
My Own God

Loc: Canada West
Re: The United States Government & Education.... [Re: Evolving]
    #2266035 - 01/23/04 02:35 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

"Don't blame me, I voted for Kodos"

--------------------

We have to answer our own prayers

InvisibletrendalM
J♠
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ontario, Canada Flag
    #2266047 - 01/23/04 02:38 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

The Control Paradigm
By Anonymous Contributor

The difference between true education and vocational training has been cleverly blurred. Here are a few tips on how smart people can control other people. If any of this rings a bell ? well; then wake up! The first principle of people control is not to let them know you are controlling them. If people know, this knowledge will breed resentment and possibly rebellion, which would then require brute force and terror, an old fashioned, expensive, and not 100% certain method of control.
It is easier than you think to control people indirectly, to manipulate them into thinking what you want them to think and doing what you want them to do.

One basic technique is to keep them ignorant.

Educated people are not as easy to manipulate.

Abolishing public education or restricting access to education would be the direct approach. That would spill the beans. The indirect approach is to control the education they receive. It's possible to be a Ph.D., doctor, lawyer, businessman, journalist, or an accountant, just to name a few examples, and at the same time be an uneducated person. The difference between true education and vocational training has been cleverly blurred in our time so that we have people successfully practicing their vocations while at the same time being totally ignorant of the larger issues of the world in which they live.

The most obvious symptom is their absence of original thought and critical thinking. Ask them a question and they will end up reciting what someone else thinks or thought the answer was. What do they think? Well, they never thought about it. Their education consisted of learning how to use the library and cite sources.

That greatly simplifies things for the Controllers because with lots of money, university endowments, foundations, grants, and ownership of media, it is relatively easy to control who they will think of as authorities to cite in lieu of letting them do their own thinking.

Another technique is to keep them entertained. Roman emperors did not stage circuses and gladiator contests because they didn't have television. We have television because we don't have circuses and gladiator events. Either way, the purpose is to keep the people's minds focused on entertainment, sports, and peripheral political issues. This way you won't have to worry that they will ever figure out the real issues that allow you to control them.

Just as a truly educated person is difficult to control, so too is an economically independent person. Therefore, you want to create conditions that will produce people who work for wages, since wage earners have little control over their economic destiny. You'll also want to control the monetary, credit, and banking systems (look into who controls the Federal Reserve of the United States for the SHOCK of your life). This will allow you to inflate the currency and make it next to impossible for wage earners to accumulate capital. You can also cause periodic deflations to collapse the family businesses, family farms, and entrepreneurs, including independent community banks.

To keep trade unions under control, you simply promote a scheme that allows you to shift production jobs out of the country and bring back the products as imports (it is called free trade). This way you will end up with no unions or docile unions.

Another technique is to buy both political parties so that after a while people will feel that no matter whether they vote for Candidate A or Candidate B, they will get the same policies. This will create great apathy and a belief that the political process is useless for effecting real change.

Pretty soon you will have a population that feels completely helpless, and thinks the bad things happening to them are nobody in particular's fault, just a result of global forces or some other disembodied abstract concept. If necessary, you can offer scapegoats. Then you can bleed them dry without having to worry too much that one of them will sneak into your house one night and cut your throat. If you do it right, they won't even know whose throat they are cutting.

--------------------
Once, men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free.
But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.

OfflineBleaK
paradox
Re: The United States Government & Education.... [Re: trendal]
    #2266186 - 01/23/04 03:21 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

that was fucking great trendal. i hope u dont mind me copying and redistributing it.

--------------------
"You cannot trust in law, unless you can trust in people. If you can trust in people, you don't need law." -J. Mumma

OfflineBleaK
paradox
Re: The United States Government & Education.... [Re: BleaK]
    #2266198 - 01/23/04 03:24 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

--------------------
"You cannot trust in law, unless you can trust in people. If you can trust in people, you don't need law." -J. Mumma

Invisiblemuhurgle
Turtles all theway down

#2266228 - 01/23/04 03:30 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Maybe somebody should control the curriculum. Parents can be pretty fucked up.

--------------------
"To make this mundane world sublime
Take half a gram of phanerothyme."

Aldous Huxley

OfflineBleaK
paradox
Re: The United States Government & Education.... [Re: muhurgle]
    #2266256 - 01/23/04 03:38 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

parents are intended to be fucked up. IMO

--------------------

InvisibleAnnapurna1
liberal pussy
Female User Gallery
Loc: innsmouth..MA
    #2266313 - 01/23/04 03:52 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

look into who controls the Federal Reserve of the United States for the SHOCK of your life

the american revolution has gone full circle..they (UK) got us back...

Pretty soon you will have a population that feels completely helpless, and thinks the bad things happening to them are nobody in particular's fault, just a result of global forces or some other disembodied abstract concept.

what george soros calls market fundamentalism...the underlying belief that the such conditions represent the actual cost of goods & services..when in fact it is really just another price-fixing scam...but not so much the price in dollars as in burgers flipped...

--------------------

"anchor blocks counteract the process of pontiprobation..while omalean globes regulize the pressure"...

InvisibletrendalM
J♠
Male User Gallery

Re: The United States Government & Education.... [Re: BleaK]
    #2266437 - 01/23/04 04:32 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

that was fucking great trendal. i hope u dont mind me copying and redistributing it.
Well it's not mine so feel free to! I can't remember where I found that...I've had it in a txt file for years.

It's taped on my wall beside "Human Cultivation FAQ 1.0" :smirk:

--------------------
Once, men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free.

InvisibleAnnapurna1
liberal pussy
Female User Gallery
Loc: innsmouth..MA
    #2266844 - 01/23/04 07:52 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

and BTW..does this mean that everyone who was "mis-educated" under the old system..will be asked to report for "re-education"..and never seen again??...actually kind of redundant question...

--------------------

"anchor blocks counteract the process of pontiprobation..while omalean globes regulize the pressure"...

OfflineNiamhNyx
I'm NOT a 'he'
Female User Gallery

#2266902 - 01/23/04 08:35 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Wow! That really was great, Trendal. Thank you for posting it. I'll be passing it along too.

OfflineDailyPot
Trip'n Time

Loc: Florida
Re: The United States Government & Education.... [Re: NiamhNyx]
    #2272272 - 01/25/04 05:03 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

How is the government aloud to *LIE* to children about drugs? They used to do it with sex also but I think those days have mostly passed. School is suppost to be a place to properly educate Americas youth, but it seems like someone thought it'd be a better idea to lie than teach. Now usually that would be no biggie for the government, but in school?!

You hear those ads 'dont believe everything you read/see/hear' how you cant trust T.V. or anything but if but law you have to go to school and everything you learn you know to be true how can they legally lie?

One thing is telling a half-baked one-sided bias story but they flat out bullshit little kids impressionable minds. I think thats completely wrong. Its not even about being on the side of drugs, its about tricking the masses. They make laws so every new generation has to be where they want them to be and then they program them however they want? Education is one thing, but thats not whats happening in our schools.

One more thing (kinda kills the seriousness of the post) am I the only one pissed off that they tell me a tomato was a vegitable and then years later I find out it was a fruit?

:thumbdown:

Invisibleblink
eye of horus
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Geographic Location (Stat...
Re: The United States Government & Education.... [Re: DailyPot]
    #2272461 - 01/25/04 06:23 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

People are easy to control, there's no denying it.  We are just animals despite our delusions to the contrary...

Quote:

One more thing (kinda kills the seriousness of the post) am I the only one pissed off that they tell me a tomato was a vegitable and then years later I find out it was a fruit?

where did you find that out?
until you posted that I was living that lie too :frown:
btw, I am sending that text to everybody on my contact list right now
it's not new information but it's relatively unknown still (as it should be!  :blush: :tongue:)

--------------------

InvisibletrendalM
J♠
Male User Gallery

Re: The United States Government & Education.... [Re: blink]
    #2272471 - 01/25/04 06:25 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Fruit: has the seeds in it
Vegetable: the leaf part of the plant

:smirk:

--------------------

OfflineSpecialEd
+ one

Loc: : Gringo
    #2272518 - 01/25/04 06:42 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

This is nothing to get upset about. :lol:

Freethinking individuals who have the capacity to think for themselves DO just that.  Idiots swallow whatever pill you give them, so what difference does it make who controls the curriculum???

--------------------
"Plus one upvote +1..."
--- //
-- :meff:
  /l_l\/
--\-/----

InvisibleEvolving
Resident Cynic

Re: The United States Government & Education.... [Re: SpecialEd]
    #2272568 - 01/25/04 06:59 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

SpecialEd said:
Freethinking individuals who have the capacity to think for themselves DO just that. Idiots swallow whatever pill you give them, so what difference does it make who controls the curriculum???

I'll repeat what I stated earlier, centralized control of education makes it much easier to create uniformity of opinion among the masses. At least if there is no centralized control, you will have a greater diversity of opinion. Even if the opinions are not of free-thinkers, I think you are better off. Why do you think government lackeys are so hostile to home schooling?

--------------------
To call humans 'rational beings' does injustice to the term, 'rational.'  Humans are capable of rational thought, but it is not their essence.  Humans are animals, beasts with complex brains.  Humans, more often than not, utilize their cerebrum to rationalize what their primal instincts, their preconceived notions, and their emotional desires have presented as goals - humans are rationalizing beings.

OfflineSpecialEd
+ one

Loc: : Gringo
Re: The United States Government & Education.... [Re: Evolving]
    #2272765 - 01/25/04 08:35 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

I'll repeat what I stated earlier, centralized control of education makes it much easier to create uniformity of opinion among the masses.

So people don't have the ability to think for themselves in an environment with centralized control?

Quote:

At least if there is no centralized control, you will have a greater diversity of opinion.

And then these nonthinkers will have several sources for their opinion...but THEY'RE STILL NOT THINKING!

Quote:

I think you are better off. Why do you think government lackeys are so hostile to home schooling? 

Most of the people I know of who have been homeschooled are the biggest human soundtracks.  Their indoctrination has been muuuch stronger. 

I have come to the conclusion that the capacity for critical thinking is innate.  If you have it, you can improve your cognitive abilities, but if you don't have it, there's not a lot anyone can do for you.

You can lead a horticulture, but you cannot make her think! :lol:

--------------------
"Plus one upvote +1..."
--- //
-- :meff:
  /l_l\/
--\-/----

InvisibleEvolving
Resident Cynic

Re: The United States Government & Education.... [Re: SpecialEd]
    #2272907 - 01/25/04 09:22 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

SpecialEd said:
So people don't have the ability to think for themselves in an environment with centralized control?

Did I say that?

Quote:

And then these nonthinkers will have several sources for their opinion...but THEY'RE STILL NOT THINKING!

But at least they're not all following the same script. Not only that, some will be taught critical thinking.

Quote:

Most of the people I know of who have been homeschooled are the biggest human soundtracks.

But they score higher on standardized tests than the public school drones who repeat their own institutionalized soundtracks. Funny thing is, private school students also do better than public schools students. Why is that? My experience of attending both kinds of schools showed me that private schools have a greater emphasis on education and holding kids to higher academic standards, rather than an emphasis on cultural indoctrination.

Quote:

I have come to the conclusion that the capacity for critical thinking is innate.

Humans are endowed with the ability to reason and think creatively. This is usually hampered by years of rote learning and indoctrination in institutions we euphemistically call 'schools.'

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale