Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Anonymous

Re: *NEW* Thailand Cubensis PICS and Spores ready * 1
    #22648 - 06/29/00 07:09 PM (23 years, 8 months ago)

Shroom*smurf083 the technique Ryche Hawk uses to cultivate mushrooms is located on his website http://www.thehawkseye.com

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleRyche HawkV
A Messenger
Male User Gallery

Re: *NEW* Thailand Cubensis PICS and Spores ready
    #22650 - 06/30/00 01:45 PM (23 years, 8 months ago)

Much nicer.. thank you Sean.

My partner grew these out using Hawk Magic formual, and 50/50+ casing mix.

The thailand strain seems to do well on rye grain as well. We haven't tried it on pure rice yet, but I'm sure it will do fine on rice as well. Its a very fast strain that seems to resist contamination good.

-peace- www.thehawkseye.com

--------------------
-Peace-

High Quality MUSHROOM SPORES and CULTURES  for microscopy at www.muShrooms.com

muShrooms.com is the new web site of
www.thehawkseye.com

OfflineKush
    #22651 - 07/01/00 10:07 AM (23 years, 8 months ago)

Ryche, couple quick questions!
1. Whats the high like from the Thai's?
2. How fast do they colonize 1/2 pint rice/verm jars? equal to the cambodians?
3. Can they be fruited off cakes?

ThanX!

Anonymous

#22652 - 07/01/00 10:29 AM (23 years, 8 months ago)

Hi Kush,

Nice name, let me answer two, maybe three of your questions. First of all, ANY strain of psilocybe cubensis can be fruited on cakes that is a question we see here all the time. Second what is the high like, it is most likely similar to any other strain of psilocybe cubensis. Third, in my experience with psilocybe cubensis all strains colonize at basically the same speed, the cambodia was not different from the golden techer, the optimum temperature of colonization is 86 degrees and since the temperature inside the jar is usually a few degrees higher then the surround temperature i keep the temp in the incubation area between 80-82 degrees F. i hope this answers some of your questions. personally i am just interested in all sort of psilocybe cubensis from various parts of the world. Ryche i was going to purchase some cambodian syringes from your but then i came into a few prints of cambodia for free, sorry about that. the thai looks beautiful.

[This message has been edited by sean1234 (edited July 01, 2000).]

Anonymous

#22653 - 07/01/00 10:39 AM (23 years, 8 months ago)

also kush take the 30 minutes it would require and read over ryche's cultivation info. if you were (are) serious about cultivating mushrooms you would not onlt read over the various artcles on the shroomery and also assimilate the useful information on various spore vendors websites such as spore chicks, the hawks eye and spore work. then you could take the extra (important) step and read the mushroom cultivator along with growing wildmushrooms and growing gourmet and medicinal mushrooms.

InvisibleRyche HawkV
A Messenger
Male User Gallery

#22654 - 07/01/00 11:24 AM (23 years, 8 months ago)

I've had 2 different groups of friends eat plenty of the thai's, and strangly enough they both described the high as very potent and "twisted".

Some ppl think all cubensis, psilocybin highs are the same. I've been eating these mushrooms for years and many varieties other then cubensis, and I find most of them to be different. Some cubensis give the same feeling, but then some are very different.
Some more energetic, some a very lazy dreaming feeling, some so damn potent you cant help but sit back in your chair and melt, some give me the giggles, some/most give me extreme spiritual thoughts and an extreme connection to the earth, some are very smooth and nice feeling on the body, others give a lot of body noise and muscle aches.
I find the different strains are like different mj herbs.. different highs from different strains. Just my 2 cents from years of experience.

Just keep a positive open mind when you eat them, and as I always do, ask God to bless you and those around you with a beautiful spiritual trip and you cant go wrong :smile: Their teachers, you'll always learn something, sometimes things you dont want to hear, just listen.

As for speed, some strains colonize and fruit much faster then others. This thailand strain is fast, my partner has done a lot of work with both this strain and the cambodian, and we both agree the cams are still extremely fast when all prep work is done correctly.
The thai's are very fast as well, and fruit very easily.
We haven't fruited them on cakes yet, but any cubensis should fruit from cakes if put in the right growing environment.

I have a feeling this one will become a favorite to many in the future.

--------------------
-Peace-

www.thehawkseye.com

Anonymous

#22655 - 07/01/00 12:47 PM (23 years, 8 months ago)

Hi Ryche,

I have eaten various species over the last 6 months (certainly not a long time) i have experimented with the golden teacher, EQ, cambodia, b+, amazonian etc. I also believe different strains give different trips but i think even the same strain will give a different trip. say you eat 4 grams of a certain strain, and then a month later you eat the same amount of the same strain the trip is going to be different in certain ways. but there is certainly a difference in the trips given by copelandia cyanescens compared to psilocybe cubensis a much bigger difference than is apparent with different strains of psilocybe cubensis. I am growing mjshroomers strain from cambodia i got the print from workman, they are fruiting on pasturied straw inoculated from rye grain. i am also growing mr. g's "pan trops" the print of which i got from workman as cope cyan from florida. both strains are beautiful and i have only recently harvested the first flush of both strains i have not yet eaten the pan trops, but the cambodia cyanescens provided a intense trip at 3.5 grams. i am going to eat the same amount of the other strain and try to compare the experiences. but like i said even the same strain can produce suprisingly different effect in my experience. peace

Anonymous

#22656 - 07/01/00 11:00 PM (23 years, 8 months ago)

i know this doesnt really apply to this thread, but id like to commend sean123 on his replies, while in the past many of them were often vicious, these were kind, and in the least civil, just wanted to say that,

OfflineChief Ill Eagle
journeyman
Loc: Thai
    #22657 - 07/12/00 07:34 AM (23 years, 8 months ago)

Old Aunt Mildred has been growing Thai strain from Ryches syringes. It is her favorite cubie. Quick colo on birdseed in 10-14 days in 1/2 pts, then cased. Harvest 10-12 days later. Potent for a cubie. Very contam resistent. Even after more than a month of multiple flushes, no sign of contams, while other strains of the same age right alongside have gone green. Only 6-8 days between flushes.
Fruits vary conciderably, classic shape one time, then gnarly and fatassed the next. Yield about the same regardless.
For speed of colo/fruiting, contam resistence, yield, potency, and quick multiple flushes, Thais rock.

--------------------
Chief Ill Eagle, last of the geoducks

Anonymous

#22658 - 07/12/00 07:59 AM (23 years, 8 months ago)

contamination resistant? that is bull shit, thanks for spreading it, dumbass!

[This message has been edited by sean1234 (edited July 12, 2000).]

Anonymous

#22659 - 07/12/00 11:58 AM (23 years, 8 months ago)

Thats the sean I am used to. :wink:
Sorry about miss understanding your saracasm in the previous post, but you have to admit that if people don't know your intentions they could get rather pissed off.

Anyway, I am wondering what kind of substrate has been working for you guys while growing Cambodians and Thais. I plan to try some bird seed, mainly because I have a shit load laying around. But any advice would be appreciated.

peace and take care

------------------
easy

Anonymous

#22660 - 07/12/00 04:55 PM (23 years, 8 months ago)

GO HAWK !!

OfflineChief Ill Eagle
journeyman
Loc: Thai
    #22661 - 07/15/00 12:52 AM (23 years, 8 months ago)

Sean,You must lead a charmed life, contam free.Surely you know that some strains are, by nature, more resistant to contams than others. Ref:GGMM strain selection criteria. How do ya know how many flushes you'll get from a casing, except by letting it go until it finally weakens and the green mold or other nasty shows up, and then ya pitch it.
Old Aunt Mildred has seen the whole range of relative contam resistance in the 2 dozen or so cubies she's fooled around with.
She uses Ryche Hawks birdseed formula in 1/2pts, then cases w/ 50/50 mix.

--------------------
Chief Ill Eagle, last of the geoducks

Anonymous

#22662 - 07/15/00 03:56 PM (23 years, 8 months ago)

The shrooms look very delicious. I ordered a syringe of the Thai strain and was wondering if the Shroom Wizards tek will work well with this strain. Im supposing it should since its just a cubie 'n all.

I'll post some pix when they start to fruit.

majik

InvisibleRyche HawkV
A Messenger
Male User Gallery

#22663 - 07/25/00 02:16 PM (23 years, 7 months ago)

yeah.. the thailand cub will grow like any other cubensis.

This past weekend, myself and some friends went out camping on a very beautiful indian reservation. I stuck with some white TC's, had to stay mellow to keep an eye on everyone, so I only ate a gram or so.

Anyway, these 4 friends ate a couple grams of the white tc's with me , early in the night. And of coure all of us were haveing a great time and a beautiful trip.
Around midnight or so, they asked if they could eat the thailand cubs.... of course being the generous person I am, let them have them all. They split about 10 grams between 4 of them, and stayed up all night.

In the morning when I awoke, they were all so excited to tell me about the incredable trip they had from the thia's. One of the friends I have eaten mushrooms with many times and he said he found the thai's to be very potent and rocked his world all night.
All of them said they had an incredable visual journey and enjoyed them tremendously. One friend was so impressed by the experience he wants to start growing them now .....man I just love it when ppl feel the beautiuful spirit of the mushroom like this :smile:

[This message has been edited by Ryche Hawk (edited July 27, 2000).]

--------------------
-Peace-

www.thehawkseye.com

Anonymous

#22664 - 07/25/00 03:42 PM (23 years, 7 months ago)

So far so good...I think I might have fryed my jars the other night though because I went to bed forgetting to turn the heating pad off and it stayed on for about 7 hours. I woke up the next morning only to notice it was still on. I checked the jars...The bottoms felt warm but not hot enough to burn me.

Anyway, here's the biggest patch of mycelium of the 3 jars.

[This message has been edited by MajikijaM (edited July 25, 2000).]

Offline12BLate
    #22665 - 09/05/00 11:51 PM (23 years, 6 months ago)

Hey Ryche, your always open for feedback so here is some on my experience with the Koh Samui Thai cub you sent me.
Fast delivery, 7 days, spore clouded syringes thanks!!!
They fully colonized 1/2 pint jars of finchseed and vermiculite in around 16 days, very fast and healthy mycelium. I let them sit about 4 more days before casing.
I cased them using the 50/50+ tek and they started pinning and fruiting 8 days later. Very fast casing run.
The mushrooms looked very similar to your pics above. Smaller then average, yet very thick with dense stems and large caps.
For small mushrooms they sure do grow thick.

The high was great! Very potent and very visual. I ate around 3 to 4 grams and tripped hard and well. The visuals were incredable. Especially the clouds. All of us were seeing amazing visuals in the clouds. They really came alive more then usual. All of my friends enjoyed them a lot and want more. Cant wait for our next *TRIP*. Very easy on the body as well.
The Lipa Yai Thais are colonizing very fast as well. Thanks for helping bringing these great strains to us.

Late

OfflineLizard

#22666 - 09/06/00 12:29 PM (23 years, 6 months ago)

Very nice, I think the reason the colonize so well is becuase we use rice and there are rice paddies in Thailand? Does that sound dumb :wink:

Lizard

--------------------
Lizard

InvisibleCondi1
old hand
    #22667 - 09/06/00 08:57 PM (23 years, 6 months ago)

[This message has been edited by Condi1 (edited October 06, 2000).]

InvisibleRyche HawkV
A Messenger
Male User Gallery

#22668 - 09/15/00 06:52 PM (23 years, 6 months ago)

Here is another thread with pics of the Thailand Koh Samui strain.
http://www.shroomery.org/ubbnoncgi/Forum2/HTML/013385.html

-peace-

--------------------
-Peace-

www.thehawkseye.com

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck