Home | Community | Message Board

Gaiana.nl
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Original Seeds Store Shop: Buy Cannabis Seeds, Buy CBD

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlineanarchyhollow
Creator, DrugExploree

Loc: Heart
friends first trip: 4g dry = bad trip
    #2264256 - 01/22/04 11:44 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

This happened like a week or so ago, but i never got time to say anything on here.

So my friend was wanting to try shrooms for the longest time, and had never tripped anything else before. I finally got an eigth for him so he could trip (he insisted on it being an 1/8). The 1/8 was 4g being a fat sac, of the best shrooms i've ever had. I was skeptical about giving him 4 grams for his first trip, but he wouldn't have it different. He was supposed to wait until the next day, so that i could trip with him but he was being impatient and took them at like 11pm that night by himself. He had an empty stomach, and planned on staying in his room the whole night.

He ate the shrooms and after 1/2 hour, he had already started feeling the effects and put on some music. After having a pleasant time for 30 minutes, he started having nausea and feeling generally sick. He then puked all over himself and his room, having a really really bad trip. He said he had the feeling that he would be stuck in that state for eternity. I didn't get much detail out of him, because he can't describe a lot of the shit he experienced. But it discouraged him from ever wanting to trip shrooms again, in which i have changed his mind since. I will try and trip with him next time and give him like 2.5g. I guess i should even have let him take all that, but i decided to let him do what he wanted to do.

About 4 days later, he decided that he wanted to try dmt with me. So i watched him as he took his first hit sitting in a comfortable room (i had educated him some on dmt previously so it wouldn't be that alien of an experience). While holding in the hit, he kind of slouched down in the couch an had a look of pure horror on his face. He said that he was scared, so i talked him down in a calm voice. After only about 20 seconds, he started having a good experience, and asked for another hit. He hit it, and enjoyed the rest of his experience. The dmt changed his life in a good way he says, and he views lots of things differently.

I really shouldn't have gave him so many shrooms his first trip, and maybe not have introduced dmt to him yet, but it all worked out in the end. I believe his bad shroom experience led to the short period of being scared on dmt, with bad expectations. Sorry for this being so long, and not really leaving you with anything, but there is is  :grin: Peace

--------------------
See, the shrooms explore me. They riddle my mind, they teach me the eternal with direct experience. My soul is one with existance.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisiblephreakyzen
My God is anAwesome God

Loc: Under the sea
Re: friends first trip: 4g dry = bad trip [Re: anarchyhollow]
    #2264323 - 01/23/04 12:06 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

You gave him 4g for his first trip and he has real bad trip? He says I will not do this again. You talk him back into it then you give him DMT a few days later?

I do not mean any disrespect but you better slow down with your friend.

Offlinedjd586
Underpants Gnome

#2264446 - 01/23/04 12:50 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Well, that's too bad for your friend. If he would have educated himself before hand, or you would have recommended him educating himself, I doubt he would have never put himself through an experience like that. There are so many different forms of references you can research before one tries mushrooms, including us.

--------------------

Phase 1... collect underpants... phase 2...??? ... Phase 3 - PROFIT!

InvisibleMerkin
neep.
 User Gallery

Loc: Ass Flavoured Pie Factory
Re: friends first trip: 4g dry = bad trip [Re: djd586]
    #2264984 - 01/23/04 07:59 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

lol hardcore >:D

--------------------
Wheels of cheese wheeels of cheeeeese!!!

OfflineHidingInPlainSight
Male User Gallery
Loc: Portland, OR
    #2265164 - 01/23/04 10:15 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

I could not imagine my 40 grams wet trip being my first time.  :shocked:!

OfflineMax1
MaxiMillion

#2265285 - 01/23/04 11:28 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Its not the amount he took as much as being alone while he did it.
First time on 2 grams alone would be enough to freek some people out i would think. NEVER a good idea to trip alone. I am not new to it and even now wouldnt want to. The mind wonders and with out a positive direction to wonder to, leads you down the wrong path.

Max

Invisiblegdman
badger, badger,badger...
Male User Gallery

Loc: Dancing In the Streets
    #2265297 - 01/23/04 11:33 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

wow four grams is a lot for your first time, I took 3.5 my first and it was way too much too. damm.

--------------------

Got a question about a substance?  Erowid might already have your answer! Have questions about the  mushroom experience? The  Tripper's FAQ may have your answer or someone else might have had your question before.

I know up on the top you are seeing great sights, but down at the bottom we, too, should have rights.
  - Theodor Seuss Geisel Dr. Suess

"I didn't come here to be easily understood" - Steve

Offlineanarchyhollow
Creator, DrugExploree

Loc: Heart
Re: friends first trip: 4g dry = bad trip [Re: gdman]
    #2266152 - 01/23/04 05:10 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Yeah, it wasn't a good thing. I hadn't really rushed him into anything actually, because he wanted to do shrooms and dmt. I tried to educate him fairly well about both aswell. Like i said also, he was supposed to wait until the next day for me to trip with him, but he did them at night by himself. Nothing bad happened in the long run, and i learned a thing or two.

--------------------
See, the shrooms explore me. They riddle my mind, they teach me the eternal with direct experience. My soul is one with existance.

Invisiblechodamunky
Cheers!

Loc: sailing the seas of chees...
    #2266987 - 01/23/04 11:22 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

me and my buddy wanna do 3.5g each for our first trip. I think it's a big dose for first timers but our setting will be very good and we have been preparing for this for a long time. Our premise is that our first trip should be memorable though I'm sure there will be some rough spots we'll have to get through together. I think what your friend did was a little irresponsible to take 4g, alone, without any previouls psychadelic experience. If he waited so long to try shrooms, he couldn't have wainted just one more day so he could trip with you? oh well, every experience is a learning experience, glad he got something positive out of the dmt.

OfflineFeliusAndromeda
Alchemist

#2292711 - 02/02/04 12:01 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

How many -average size- shrooms are 4g dry/40 g wet???. My first time with shrooms was with 4 average sized shrooms and it kicked my ass (3 is muuuuch better at the beggining).

--------------------
A friend of a friend used to grow gourmet shrooms.

InvisibleBi0TeK
elephant man

Loc: Yorkshire Moors, Great Br...
Re: friends first trip: 4g dry = bad trip [Re: Max1]
    #2295390 - 02/02/04 10:15 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Max1 said:
Its not the amount he took as much as being alone while he did it.
First time on 2 grams alone would be enough to freek some people out i would think. NEVER a good idea to trip alone. I am not new to it and even now wouldnt want to. The mind wonders and with out a positive direction to wonder to, leads you down the wrong path.

Max

What a load of bullshit.  :shake:

I've been shrooming for over 15 years now and the most enjoyable/enlightening trips I've  ever had have been tripping alone.

I'm not talking weak trips either, I'm a 7 gram man.

--------------------
PROMOTE BACTERIA. THEY'RE THE ONLY CULTURE SOME PEOPLE HAVE.

Offlinerecalcitrant
My Own God

Loc: Canada West
Re: friends first trip: 4g dry = bad trip [Re: Bi0TeK]
    #2295585 - 02/02/04 11:03 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

bi0, everyone is different. I think that your friend was foolish to plan to stay in his room for the whole trip. Making rules is the first mistake.

--------------------

We have to answer our own prayers

OfflineGridge420
ParentalAdvisory
Loc: High
    #2296643 - 02/03/04 09:33 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Word of advice, never let a first timer trip by himself. And especially dont give him that much for his first time for sure. Im suprised he didnt freak out and go to the hospital or the psych ward.

--------------------
When I spit, I shine.

OfflineDocPsilocybin
enthusiast

#2296956 - 02/03/04 12:11 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

My friend recently did 50 grams wet as a first experience. He did it with two other friends of mine who were each on 4 grams dry. We talked about it afterward and he said that although it wasn't terribly horrible the setting was bad enough where he couldn't really focus on or enjoy the visuals/mental changes.

Taking large doses requires respect and a good setting with good company. If you get halfway into a trip and realize you're not comfortable it'll throw your trip off.

I personally did an 1/8th for my first trip. It was an amazing time. Sunny day after school, with one buddy on the same dose, a big jug of iced tea and a warm, sunlit forest. We ate, sat in the sun, then started the journey as the mushrooms took hold. Never felt so close to trees.... Hehe, the one that was breathing next to me when I sat down one time was my friend for that brief period of heightened consciousness.

--------------------
You can't hold a man down without staying down with him.
-- Booker T. Washington

OfflineSorceroom
Mycophile
Loc: Nottingham, England
Re: friends first trip: 4g dry = bad trip [Re: DocPsilocybin]
    #2297532 - 02/03/04 03:50 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

When you talk about doses, are you all referring to the same shrooms? Wouldn't 4g of Hawaiians be more potent than 4g of Mexicans? I'm confused/ignorant :smile:

--------------------
You are entering the realm of imagination and dreams, which is not subject to time and space...

OfflineGus
Back in town.

Loc: Quebec, Canada
Re: friends first trip: 4g dry = bad trip [Re: Sorceroom]
    #2298298 - 02/03/04 07:10 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Everybody take for granted that if you dont mention anything about it, you speaking about Cubensis
Well, I do

Invisibleutopianglory
Spunkmuffin
    #2299637 - 02/04/04 06:16 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

One thing that has not been mentioned yet and I think it is a big issue is that he spontaneously decided to do them that night. I have never found unplanned, spur of the moment trips to be started on the best foundation.

OfflineSorceroom
Mycophile
Loc: Nottingham, England
Re: friends first trip: 4g dry = bad trip [Re: Gus]
    #2301169 - 02/04/04 04:21 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Gus said:
Everybody take for granted that if you dont mention anything about it, you speaking about Cubensis
Well, I do

Oh right, I see. It all becomes clear :smile:

--------------------
You are entering the realm of imagination and dreams, which is not subject to time and space...

Invisibleshriek

#2307718 - 02/06/04 08:12 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

my first trip was 6 grams (i had no idea about dosage and noone around to guide me) wirh hawaii and its in my book as one of the best trip in my life. Sure i puked my guts out but that was a good thing, i couldnt remember what my name was , where i was why i was here and why i felt like this but that didnt matter because i had it awesomeI felt in love right away and now 13 years later and way more trips than i can count later i have yet to experience a bad trip.

Offlinejdogg172
Shroomitarian

Re: friends first trip: 4g dry = bad trip [Re: shriek]
    #2309995 - 02/06/04 10:11 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

My first trip was 3.5g and i was terrified of myself, it was weird, first time dont do it alone. Like max1 said it can go horribly wrong if you dont have something positive around, i made the mistake of watching a scary tv show my first time and i was terrified the whole night. It was way to intense for me.

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Original Seeds Store Shop: Buy Cannabis Seeds, Buy CBD

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience